My Senior Year : Sunny's Party

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Sunny's Party

"I can't believe you're doing it again today." Kyuhyun whined. "I'm leaving in three days Sungmin. I thought we're going to spend time together." The disappointment in Kyuhyun's tone was clear.

"We spent time in school earlier, Kyuhyunnie." I closed my eyes and willed my own disappointment away. I'm only hoping that my little sacrifice will go a long way. "I'm sorry I had to do something important again this afternoon, but we'll still see each other tonight."

"We will?"

"Uh-huh. Aren't we gonna come together to Sunny's party?"

"Sunny's party?"

"Kyuhyunnie!" I scolded. "Weren't you paying attention when she invited us yesterday? It's her birthday. She even said she was sorry for the late notice because it was only two days back when her mom decided to put up a celebration for tonight."

"It's late notice. Let's not come." He deadpanned.

"Kyuhyunnie, it's Sunny's birthday!" I exclaimed. "And it's the first time I'm going to a friend's party." I whined like a five-year-old.

"We don't have gifts. Let's just send her a birthday card."

Ha! This Cho Kyuhyun... You think I didn't think about that? "Hyukkie dropped me off at the mall. I'm out buying gifts right now from me and from you."

"You're at the mall?!" Kyuhyun's mild outburst cut off my incoming grin. "Why didn't you ask me to come with you? I'm coming over."

"No, you're not."

"No?"

"No!"

"I want to!"

"You can't!"

"Why not?"

"Uhm... Well..." I had to scratch my head for a few seconds. I cannot let him come over or he'll see what else I am shopping for. "I'm almost done shopping, Kyuhyunnie. You don't have to come."

"You said Eunhyuk only dropped you off. I'll come pick you up and take you home then."

"What? No... No need to. Just prepare for tonight. It's a formal gathering, don't forget. I'll see you at Sunny's. I'll call you again later. Bye!" Just as soon as I ended the call a hand landed on my shoulder which surprised me a bit.

"Having a hard time dodging our Kyuhyunnie?"

"Oh, Ahra Noona! It's you... Have you been there long?" I asked as I slipped my phone inside my coat's pocket.

"Just long enough to hear about Sunny's party." She then hooked her arm on mine and began to drag me with her. "Did you tell him about us meeting up today?"

"I didn't. Did you?"

I felt a little relief when Ahra Noona shook her head. Kyuhyun will surely whine a lot if he finds out I spent time with Ahra Noona but not with him. "What did you want to give me anyway, Noona?"

"Oh that... How about we find a place to eat, then I'll give it to you?"

"Sounds good to me." I was feeling tired and hungry from shopping anyway.

I almost jumped up from my seat before giving Ahra Noona a hug. "Thank you so much Ahra Noona!" After settling back to my seat, I scanned the photos she handed over. I spread the small stack of wallet-sized photos that Ahra Noona took out from the envelop she had with her on the empty side of the restaurant's dining table that we occupied. "These are perfect for my mission!"

"I figured you could use them for your 'mission'..." she quoted "...when you told me about it over the phone last night." Noona said after chewing on her food. "I was also thinking of something to do for Kyu-baby when he leaves... And after hearing about what you want to do, I thought maybe this would be really special. I'd always buy him games and stuff when he would leave for studies. This time, at least, I'm doing something different. And I'm sure it's going to be more special for him."

I was in the middle of nodding when I spotted a photo of me and Kyuhyun sitting across each other, our faces stuffed with cabbage wraps. We were in a good mood, smiling as we looked at each other. It was taken at the vegetable and herb garden. He just found out about him leaving sooner, yet he still didn't want to tell me because he was afraid it might ruin my mood... He put a lot effort into making me feel good that time because he was worried about my injury.

Kyuhyunnie really is leaving in three days... I'm trying to focus on doing something special for him and yet the thought of him being gone soon keeps on entering my mind even more as we get closer to the day of his departure.

I sighed and gathered the photos together again to place them back in the envelop.

Ahra Noona must have noticed the sudden change in my mood. She reached for my hand which made me look up at her. "He won't be gone that long..."

I tried to smile and nodded. "I've gotten so used to having Kyuhyunnie around me, Noona. I know I have other friends around me now, but I keep thinking about what's going to happen once he leaves." I stared at the half empty plate before me. "I'm scared of feeling too sad because I miss him..."

Ahra Noona tipped my chin up. "Don't worry about it that much." She smiled assuringly. "Just focus on what you need to do in school. Be busy, join whatever activity there is. You guys are still going to communicate continuously. He'll be back even sooner than you imagined."

I nodded then let out a big breath. I have to think positively. Ahra Noona is right. Kyuhyun and I will not lose contact. There are ways... And yes, I do have other responsibilities I can concentrate on. It's going to help me while Kyuhyun is far away. I let out a bigger breath and this time I smiled. "I believe you Noona. I'll try to stay positive and make sure I won't feel too sad while Kyuhyunnie is gone."

"That's the spirit!" She reached out to ruffle my hair. "No worries, Sungminnie... I, too, will make sure you won't be too sad while my brother's gone."

"Are you guys having a good time?" Sunny asked as she approached us. Donghae, Hyukkie, and I greeted her a happy birthday. "Thank you for coming to my party."

"Thank you for inviting me to your party too, Sunny... Even though I'm not a part of your class." Eunhyukkie said to Sunny as he tugged on his tie .

"Oh, don't mention it Eunhyuk Oppa. You are a good friend of Sungmin and Donghae, that means you're a good friend of mine too." Sunny said with a bright smile.

"I want to say thanks too, Sunny." Donghae said as he perched his glasses up his nose. "You look really beautiful tonight."

"Thank you, Donghae." Sunny then turned to me. "You..." Sunny narrowed her eyes at me. "You look good tonight as well, Sungmin." Then her eyes trailed off behind me. "But I think that guy coming in looks better..."

What Sunny said made the three of us turns towards the entrance.

"No wonder he's late." I heard Hyukkie whisper to Donghae.

"I wonder if I'd look just as good in a dark suit if I arrived late." Donghae whispered back to Hyukkie.

Okay... So maybe seeing Kyuhyunnie in a charcoal gray tux was something different... I tried to swallow after having that feeling of a little b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter