My Senior Year : Back In the Past

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Back In the Past

Umma... Appa...

I started to move but I'm having a hard time. I slowly tried to open my eyes.

"Appa! Umma! He's awake!" I heard someone yelling and running.

I started to look around.

Where am I? This isn't my home.

It was only then that I started paying attention to myself. Both my hands were wrapped in something, like bandages.

I was wearing a pair of PJs that aren't mine. I'm on a bed that isn't mine.

I tried my best to sit up. Slowly I scanned the room.

There were toys lying around next to the bed. The walls were decorated with drawings?

Did I draw them? No, I don't think this room is mine. Maybe another kid owned them.

A kid. A boy. That's right... I remember him. The boy. He was the last one I remember seeing. That was his voice just now. The one yelling.

Is this his room?

I placed my feet on the floor and slowly stood up. My head hurt from looking around the place so I sat down on the bed again. Where is this place?

I heard loud footsteps coming my way. I placed my feet back on the bed and started backing up to a corner. The footsteps are getting louder. They're coming for me. I felt my body starting to shake. I backed up even more in the corner hugged my knees close to me. They won't get me again. I closed my eyes tight and hid my face between my knees. No, they couldn't get me again.

I heard someone pushing the door open. No... They're not gonna come near me again. They won't get me again.

I felt tears starting to come out of my eyes.

No. I won't cry.

I tried my best to stop my tears. The bed shifted as if someone was in it now. I felt it. It's moving towards me.

A hand touched my head. No! You're not gonna get me. I sunk my self even further, if possible, in the corner.

"Hey... Don't be afraid" a voice said. It was like Umma, soft and calm, but different.

A hand touched my head again. "Come here, I won't hurt you"

I wanted to see who it was. I slowly lifted ny head from knees. It was a woman. She was sitting on the bed.

"Come here, child. Don't hurt your hands. Come here" she held out her hand to me "I won't hurt you..." she smiled at me.

She was just like Umma. They did not look the same but she made me feel like what I feel when Umma smiles at me.

I slowly let my knees down. I was going to take her hand but I saw someone by the door. It was a man. He stood by the door watching me too. Behind the man was a boy. The boy from the car, the hospital. The boy who was yelling earlier.

It was him. Cho Kyuhyun. I remembered his name.

The boy Cho Kyuhyun was hiding behind the leg of the man. He was looking at me and I was looking at him too.

"Oh, do you want to play with Kyuhyunnie?" The woman said when she noticed everything. "Kyuhyunnie, come here, come inside" she sweetly called on the boy.

The boy slowly walked towards the bed pulling on the man's hand.

"Our Kyuhyunnie seems to be shy" the man said and laughed, the woman laughing along with him.

The boy sat on the woman's lap. The man knelt down on the floor next to the bed. He smiled at me as well.

"Little boy, are you okay? Can you talk? Will you tell us your name?" The man said.

"If you tell us your name we can help you go home" The woman said too, placing the boy down on the bed closer to me.

"S-Sungminnie..." I said with a very light tone. I felt thirsty.

"Will you say it louder?" the woman smiled even more.

"Sungminnie" I said following what she said.

"Sungminnie?" the man repeated "Sungmin?"

I hesitated nodding.

"It's okay Sungminnie... Don't be afraid of us, we will help find your home, okay?" The man said with a smile on his face.

"You must be hungry? You seemed really tired, you slept for 2 days straight" the woman said while patting the boy's head "I'll make food for you. Why don't you stay here with Kyuhyun and you can play if you want" the woman stood up. "Come on, let's make him some food, he needs to eat" she called to the man.

"Kyuhyunnie, be nice, okay? Stay here and play with Sungminnie. Be careful with his hands. His wrists are broken so he won't be able to hold things for now." the man said as he patted the boy's hair then turned to me. "Our Kyuhyunnie will take of you for a while now, okay?" I nodded slowly and they left the room.

I watched the door closed behind the two adults. I still wonder who they really are and why I am in this room.

"Do you like video games?" The boy asked sitting on his bed with a bounce.

I shook my head. I hardly play them. I only play with my toys and MinBunny. MinBunny.

MinBunny... I miss him. "MinBunny..." I whispered.

"Min--what?" The boy said, he faced me and crossed his legs in front of me, examining me.

I shook my head again.

"Does it hurt?" he was looking at my hands.

I looked at my hands as well. The said that I have broken wrists. Why?

I tried to remember. I closed my eyes to think. The boy only watched me when I didn't answer his question.

I was running as fast as I can. That's what the man told me.

"Run! Run as fast as you can and don't look back! Go, run!"

The man held a gun. He was looking around trying to see if someone's watching.

We were somewhere in the middle of the woods. It was dark and I can barely see where we were.

Thankfully, the moon was shining bright and it help me find my way.

I fell on the ground a couple of times but I stood back up, never looking back.

I ran. I kept running and running until I heard the sound of vehicles passing by.

It must mean that I'm near a road, right?

I fell on the ground again. Weight on my arms. It hurt a lot.

Sungminnie, you have to get up. I tried willing the pain away.

I slowly stood up and tried running again. My arms hurt too much.

Umma, Appa... I felt tears stinging my eyes.

The woods, the man with the gun. I ran and I fell. I looked at my hands and turned them to see everything. I felt pain rotating my hands. I winced.

"Hey! Are you okay? Appa said Kyuhyunnie need to be careful with your hands. Don't hurt them!" He warned me.

The boy stood up and rushed towards the door.

"Wait here. I'll get something."

I moved on the bed. I moved away from the corner and tried to stand up again. My feet felt tired. Sungminnie won't be able to stand up yet, I think. I sat down on the bed again just in time for the boy to come in again. He was holding something, like a plate.

He sat right next to me. "Here" it was a slice of an apple. He was holding it in front of my mouth "Take a bite, I asked Umma to slice this quickly. It will take long before your meal is cooked. Eat this..." He tilted his hand better for the apple to enter my mouth swiftly.

I opened my mouth and take a bite.

The boy smiled "There... I will help feed you, until your hands get better!"

I tried smiling back at him, he was really nice to me.

"I'm Kyuhyunnie. I already told you my name when Appa found you, do you remember me?"

I nodded. He gave me another bite of the apple.

"Call me Kyuhyunnie, okay? Like Umma and Appa and Noona calls me. Kyuhyunnie!" He laughed like it was funny. "What do I get to call you?"

"S-Sungminnie... L-Like Halmeoni calls me. Sungminnie..."

"Sungminnie..." he said it and giggled. Did he find my name funny?

I looked at him, confused.

"Sungminnie... Kyuhyunnie..." he giggled some more "Our names sound good together, right?" he giggled even more and ate the piece of apple I bit on. He took a new slice and bit on it before placing it in front of me again. "I'll eat too Sungminnie... I love apples, so you can't just have them for yourself, we have to share, okay?"

I nodded and we continued like that. Sungminnie being fed and Kyuhyunnie giggling to himself from time to time.

They were all staring at Sungminnie. I sat on the chair between Kyuhyunnie and his Umma.

"Sungminnie, do you like this?" The woman asked when she picked up meat using her chopsticks and placing it on top of the rice bowl in front of me.

I nodded shyly.

"Umma how is he going to eat?" A girl who was sitting next to the man across us said as she munched on her own meal.

"Ahra, don't talk with your mouth full like that" the man said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter