My Senior Year : Awkward

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Awkward

Monday. I dreaded this day.

It was already Monday and I still feel awkward about everything. I haven't seen or heard from Kyuhyun since Saturday night and today will be the first time I'm gonna have to face him since that incident (if that's what you call it) happened.

Donghae almost dragged me to our class that morning, I felt hesitant in going because I know that once I enter class I will see Kyuhyun. And I don't even know what his reaction will be, I've never heard from him since Saturday and I'm not sure if we're good.

Donghae opened the back door to our room and entered before me. I peeked inside to check if Kyuhyun was already there. Good sign, his seat was still empty.

I sighed in relief and started to fix my tie before entering class. I was already smoothing down my coat when I felt a someone stood behind me.

"You look fine, no need to fix it" I didn't want to look back because I know who's voice it was that whispered from behind me. I decided not spare Kyuhyun a glance and partly ran to my seat.

I felt my heart beating double-time once I sat myself down, I clumsily took the straps of my bag off and placed it under my table.

"Sungmin-ah... Are you okay?" Donghae was looking at me like I'm a pink monkey wearing a two-piece swimsuit.

I laughed and wiped the sweat that I felt forming on my forehead "I'm fine, why do you ask?"

Donghae furrowed his brows together. He was going to say something. In fact he was already saying something but I was not able to understand because I saw Kyuhyun staring at me over Donghae's shoulders.

Kyuhyun had a hint of smile on his face and when he saw me looking back at him he turned that smile into a smirk and winked at me.

I felt my eyes widened and heat pooled at my cheeks, I sat back straight and decided that my empty table was more interesting than anything right now.

Donghae stopped talking, he must have realized that I wasn't listening to him. I saw Donghae looking from me to Kyuhyun repeatedly. He then nudged me with an elbow. "Yah... Are you okay? What's going on Sungmin-ah... Did you have an argument with Kyuhyun-ssi again?"

I shook my head and decided not to give anymore answers. I felt really thankful when Ms. Kim entered class and started with the day's lessons. I kept my eyes glued in front and my body so stiff that I won't even be able to see what Donghae was doing next to me.

Yes, this feels too awkward. 

Donghae stood up and decided that he will be the one to order our food. The cafeteria was crowded and we had a hard time finding a table.

"Don't go anywhere, okay? We don't want to lose this table, Sungmin"

I nodded at Donghae and he headed for the long line of students ordering food.

I held my bag on my lap and looked around. Indeed, it was very crowded  today. It was a busy Monday and everyone was at the cafeteria for lunch. I looked around to check on people from my class, smiling occasionally when I see my classmates walking around carrying food trays. They must all be here, everyone was talking about eating a lot for lunch to gear up for gym class on a Monday.

"Looking for me?"

I almost jumped up from the bench I'm sitting on, when Kyuhyun suddenly plopped down next to me. Sitting beside me with his back leaning on the table, supporting himself by hooking his elbows on the table as well.

I clutched my chest and shook my head a bit. "Cho Kyuhyun!!!"

He waved a finger in front of my face making me lean back a bit "Uh-uh... That's Kyuhyun for you"

"Whatever..." I barely said and looked back down to my bag on my lap.

"What did you say?" he asked sitting properly, lifting his leg to pass over the bench, to sit facing the table just like me.

I only shook my head, I can feel a bit of heat on my cheeks.

I can't bare to look at Kyuhyun after what happened the last time I saw him.

How could I? We kissed.

After that he just left me standing in front of our gate staring at nothing. Although I know there was a smile on his face when we parted and when he caressed my cheek before he got on his motorcycle and drove away, still... He kissed me, and I kissed him back.

How can I not feel this way around him? I feel awkward, I feel shy, I feel embarrassed.

Should I ask him about it? What does it mean? Why did we even kissed? A kiss should mean something, right? Does that mean Kyuhyun likes me? Or does that mean that I like him because I kissed him back? 

The same questions kept me up that night when it happened. I really didn't prepare for this day. Do we have to talk about it? Is it even right to pretend that nothing happened? Just ignore the whole thing? We should at least clear things up, right?

I hate it that I can't consult anyone about this right now. I know I can't tell anyone about it. How could I? I think it's very private.

"Yah! didn't you hear what I said?" Kyuhyun nudged my arm.

Was he saying something? I didn't know. I didn't hear "I'm sorry, what?" I turned to face him but trying to avoid his eyes.

"I said, did you hear about the advance classes already? They're giving out the schedules soon"

"Advance classes?" I think I remember hearing about it before from Ms. Kim, but I'm not really sure what she meant by it.

"It's for the students who excel in classes. We are given advance lessons so that we will be able to learn more than what we know"

"We?" I asked, finally looking him in the eyes.

"We. I've always been listed to take advance classes. I guess you will be since you're smarter than I thought"

"Then can you tell me about it?"

"I can't" Kyuhyun casually shrugged.

"Why not?"

"I don't know what they do there"

"But you said you've always been listed to take advance classes!" I said confused.

"I said I was listed, I never said I took the advance classes" Kyuhyun had an arrogant smirk on his face.

"You're really a pain in the " He smirked even more at what I said.

Just then Donghae came with our food "Kyuhyun-ssi, good afternoon. I'm glad you could join us for lunch" Donghae greeted Kyuhyun with a smile.

Kyuhyun shifted from his smirk to being cold again "Actually, I'm just leaving" Kyuhyun then stood up and walked away without saying goodbye.

He's really weird, can he not be nice to people around him? Well, I know he's always been like that, but seriously, it's just Donghae. Why could being nice to one more person be a problem?

"Did I interrupt something?" Clueless Donghae said.

"Nope" I sighed "You know him, he's just like that"

Donghae just shrugged in agreement "Your relationship has changed so much over the past week"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter