My Senior Year : Good Karma

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Good Karma

I've been waiting on it for weeks since Miss Kim mentioned it to me.

I had chicken pox last year so I wasn't able to come. But my last camp... I will sure be attending it this year.

"Donghae, are you done with the last paragraph?"

I looked up from the paper I was reading before handing it to Sunny. "I reviewed this... It's done. Do you think we shoud call Kyuhyun and Sungmin and tell them we're done?"

Sunny pouted as she faced her laptop and began typing. "We can tell them tomorrow. I'm sure they're close to finishing our scale model too. I'll send Sungmin a message in the morning and email them a copy of our written report in the morning."

I stood up from the table and began cleaning up.

"Hey, you should stay for dinner. We're having  choco cream pie for dessert."

"Woah, Sunny! That just made my mouth water..." I took my glasses off and wiped it with the hem of my shirt. "I think Eunhyuk will like that as well..." I mumbled.

"What?"

"Huh?" I asked Sunny back when I perched my glasses back up my nose. "Don't mind what I said. I was just thinking of calling someone when I get home.

"Hey!" I quickly ran out of the bathroom to answer my phone.

"What's up?" It has been a habit for me and Eunhyuk to have casual conversations usually before bedtime.

"Just finished with the papers Sunny and I was working on for our group project with Sungmin and Kyuhyun." I plopped back on my bed and got under my sheets. "Are you going to bed soon too?"

"Hmm... I'm working on a research paper, I think I'll be staying up late. I need to pass this on Monday."

"Then shouldn't you be working on that instead of talking to me?" I removed my glasses and placed it next to my bedside lamp.

"I've been working on this since the afternoon, ever since I had dinner I lost momentum of what I was doing. I need a break." Hyukkie paused for a while before asking me again "What's the news on your camp? I haven't heard you mention it for a while now."

"Hmm... I think I'll be sent to camp with Cho Kyuhyun. He's the one who's been going for class every year."

"Really? So he'll be gone for a week, right? I wonder what Sungmin will do without you and Kyuhyun in school to join him."

"Sungmin will be fine. I think I've seen him talk to more people in our class than Kyuhyun... What you should wonder about is what Sungmin will do once Kyuhyun is sent to China for at least 3 months."

"3 months? Why haven't I heard Sungmin mention this before."

"Hmm... Sungmin doesn't know yet, I think. I accidentally found out about it yesterday when I was at the principal's office. I heard Principal Cho talking over the phone, probably with Kyuhyun, telling him that he'll be sent as exchange student to China in 3 weeks."

"Wow... Now I'm curious. Their relationship is just starting to get better and better, yet Kyuhyun is about to leave."

It was a Monday. We were back in the classroom after researching literary pieces from the library and having lunch.

I was still feeling uncomfortable. Shouldn't I be? It's just that I'm not used to having seen a friend of mine with battered lips because of kissing.

Of course, Sungmin and Kyuhyun are dating. They are free to do that... It's just that... Another breathy sigh escaped from my lips as try my best to stop my eye from wandering over Sungmin's direction.

Will he give me the same weird looks if it was me in his current state?

Why would I even be in that situation? I'm not dating anyone.

Hmm...

I was busy with thoughts of someone who popped in my mind as I think about dating when Ms. Kim stood in front of class after checking our scale models and giving report assignments.

"As you all know, our school yearly celebrates it's day of founding by throwing fairs and festivities and of course, the friendship camp..." Ms. Kim began.

This is it... It's what I've been waiting for.

"For this annual activity you will be sending 2 of the best selected students to represent your class. And those students are Lee Donghae..." 

I excitedly got up from my seat as  I heard my name called.

"Congratulations Donghae!" I smiled at Sungmin as he gave me his greetings.

"And Lee Sungmin!" Ms. Kim added.

What? It's Sungmin who's coming with me? Well... Couldn't this be more fun. 

I turned to Sungmin and motioned for him to get up. He looked really shocked when his name was called. I'm sure he'd be just as excited as I am since he's never been to camp before.

"They announced it. I'm going to camp with Sungmin!"

"Really?" Eunhyuk sounded excited for me as well.

It was in the middle of the afternoon and I just got home from school. My mother was not home and I couldn't pour out my excitement on her so I decided to call Eunhyuk.

"He must be just as excited as you are. I'm sure to find out when I come home from university later."

"I guess it would be a good deviation for Sungmin to feel better before he finds out about Cho Kyuhyun's departure to Chi--" I was in the middle of my sentence when another call came in "Hold on Hyukkie, someone's calling from another line. It might be Sungmin."

I quickly pressed the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter