My Senior Year : Barely Friends

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Barely Friends

 

Thanks to Donghae we got in class early enough for me to calm my nerves. That Cho Kyuhyun and his stupid smirk really got to me and I feel like running over him with his own motorcycle. I don't know how I'll manage to concentrate in class with him sitting next to me.

I think I'd stab him any moment. Hey, I'm not that type of person but he just makes me feel so mad.

I don't even want to thank him for what he did yesterday. I don't want to see him. I don't want to look at him and see that smirk I've grown to hate in just 24 hours.

I took my seat next to Donghae not realizing that I'm totally exasperated by the previous incident with Cho Kyuhyun.

"Hey are you okay?" Donghae said when I slumped down on my chair in a very annoyed manner.

I sighed. I'm not the type of person that exhibits annoyance. "I don't know Donghae. I'm not sure." I sighed again. "I'm not usually like this. I don't get annoyed easily but that Cho Kyuhyun is really getting in my nerves."

"I can see that. I can clearly see that." he nodded "But really Sungmin, you shouldn't have yelled at him like that. He may be a loner and unapproachable but he is still very popular here. I don't think it will be good for you if the other students would see you yelling at Cho Kyuhyun."

"Why would they care? Cho Kyuhyun is like the god of anti-socials, right?" I shook my head thinking about his coldness. "I don't think I'd ever want to be friends with him."

"Well some of us think that too. He doesn't seem to be the type you can talk to." Donghae stared at the empty seat in front of him. "But you know something got me wondering." he then directed his gaze at me.

"What is it?"

"I've been in the same class with Cho Kyuhyun for so long but I don't remember him talking to anyone as much as he did talk to you back there." Donghae darted his eyes somewhere, like he is trying to recall past events. Only to shake his head. "Hmm. I really don't recall him talking to anyone that much, at least here in school."

"Yeah. Maybe here in school." I decided to sit properly instead of slouching in my seat. The bell went off again signaling that classes will start soon. I don't want to start my day thinking about a stupid incident and have it reflect on my studies. Today will be my first real day learning in a school, I don't want anything negative affecting that.

Seats in our class were soon filled as more students came in and took their seat. The last four to enter before Miss Kim, were the girls from yesterday.

Donghae told me about the four girls while we were eating breakfast. The two tall girls, Soo Young and Yuri, they've been in the same class with Donghae since freshmen years. The girl who ran off yesterday, Taeyeon, she's been in this school since grade school. Donghae said she used to be nice to him but she changed after grade school. The short blonde girl, that's Sunny, she transferred from some foreign school last year and Taeyeon seemingly adopted her as a friend because Sunny had a hard time talking to other people. Donghae said that Sunny is a nice girl but hanging out with Taeyeon and her friends who followed her around made her impossible to approach as well. Taeyeon, being one who is popular and somewhat feared by students, made all four of them unapproachable and formidable.

Before taking her seat, Taeyeon regarded me with a hateful look in her eyes. Scoffing then taking her seat somewhere in the middle row.

Miss Kim entered then and classes started. I noticed that the seat on my right is still empty. Cho Kyuhyun's spot. He's really annoying. He got to school early but he's not in class. Then I recalled from yesterday, when I first saw him coming out of the Principal's office. Right... He's the Principal's son. It easily slipped of my mind coz he doesn't act like one. Or better yet he must be acting just like a Principal's son. He comes to class when he wants, leaves when he wants, does what he wants, say what he wants, and all just because.

Miss Kim started to call on everyone, checking our attendance. I noticed that she called everyone except Cho Kyuhyun. She must've known that he won't be coming soon.

We began our class starting off with recalling some lessons from the previous year. Everyone in class participated well. I smiled to myself thinking of what's going on. I've always wanted to feel like this. In a classroom, with a teacher standing in front, lecturing, classmates participating in turns. Taking notes, while occasionally talking to a seatmate, sharing ideas. It felt good. Being homeschooled, I only sat across my instructor, I was given materials to read, to study, explained and then took exams. I never experienced raising my hand for an answer, or hearing other people's opinion on lessons. I feel thankful to Halmeoni for letting me experience this.

2 hours went by quickly. Miss Kim ended our lesson and started to gather her things to leave for her next class when Cho Kyuhyun came in from the front door. I wasn't expecting that because yesterday, he only came in and out of the back door. He handed a letter to Miss Kim, and waited for her to finish reading it.

"Okay, I understand. Just ask your seatmate for my lecture today." She smiled and left.

Great. Seatmate. That's obviously me since no one was sitting next to him. No one, but me. I sneered to myself.

Taeyeon stood to follow Cho Kyuhyun going to his seat. She stood in front him when he sat. "Kyuhyun Oppa..." She sounded nervous. "About yesterday, I am sorry."

Cho Kyuhyun didn't even look at her. He just sat there like he didn't hear anything.

"Kyuhyun Oppa~~" Taeyeon said again, Cho Kyuhyun finally looked at her. "I'm really sorry. It won't happen again."

"Who asked you to apologize to me?" was Cho Kyuhyun's cold response.

Taeyeon bit her lower lip and channeled her gaze to her toes. "I just don't want you to be mad at me. I believe you misunderstood what happened yesterday.  Just please, don't hate us. Or at least, don't hate me."

Everyone in class pretended to not pay attention at what's happening, it was too quiet though. Is it not too obvious that everyone wants to hear what Cho Kyuhyun has to say? But he still only sat there, looking at Taeyeon, not saying a word. It's irritating, he should say something to her, she was nice enough to apologize to him. I have a hard time hearing something like this since I know how much apologies meant. I value it because I know admitting one's mistake is not always easy.

"Oppa..." Taeyeon repeated but was still ignored.

"She said she's sorry, you should at least be modest enough to acknowledge it." I snapped and said it without thinking of the consequences, making eyes dart at me, including Cho Kyuhyun.

"You're dumb." Cho Kyuhyun said. He was referring to me.

Did he just say that? "Excuse me?" It was the last thing I expected to hear. I prepared myself to hear him say that he won't accept it or say he's not at fault. But call me dumb!? Really!? It's maddening!

I stood from where I was, Donghae quickly standing next to me. "Yah Cho Kyuhyun! I don't know what kind of person you really are but right now I can see that you're being a jerk. If you yourself can't say an apology you should at least be humane enough to accept one."

"Hey how dare you say that to Kyuhyun Oppa?" Taeyeon defended Kyuhyun who was pretending not to hear a thing.

"Taeyeon? That's your name, right? You're not even the one who should apologize to him, he's the one who did you wrong yesterday. He won't even listen to you now, and yet you defend him just like that?" I shook just shook my head, she's weird.

"I don't care what you think! I don't need you to talk to Kyuhyun Oppa for me."

Donghae stood in between my seat and Cho Kyuhyun's. "Ah, Taeyeon-ssi. Please stop it now. Sungmin-ah... Please don't say anything anymore." 

"Unnie, please... We're in class." Sunny stood next to Taeyeon trying to pull her back to her seat. Sunny gave me an apologetic look before she sat down on her seat.

Donghae did the same, pulling me down to sit. "Sungmin, please just sit. Class will start soon." He whispered.

I don't know what got to me for saying such words. Cho Kyuhyun really makes me mad. If it wasn't for Donghae and our next class starting soon. I would've tried to at least make Cho Kyuhyun say something, other than call me dumb.

Umma... Appa... What's happening to me? Is this how I will act now that I am in school? Umma, I'm sorry. I know you said I should be good.

Our next teacher came in and began lecturing after making a few introductions. I tried my best to concentrate on everything other than the pair of eyes that I can feel glaring at me from my right. No, I'm not looking. But I know, I can feel Cho Kyuhyun looking at me. I'm not sure why, but I can feel it. It's uncomfortable!

I think I know what to do. I'll try to ask Donghae during lunch to exchange seats with me so I don't have to sit next to Cho Kyuhyun. Then I won't be bothered.

I succeeded in concentrating somewhere in between our lecture I got really interested in our topic. I've taken up the topic before but it's something I like. I forgot about Cho Kyuhyun. Well, that's until now, I casted a glance in his direction. He wasn't listening. He was writing something in that old notebook that he forgot on his table yesterday. I wonder what that is.

He caught me staring. Ha! Awkward... I went back to what I was doing, I'm doing well not minding him.

 

It's lun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter