IX

The Ice Has Melted

TIFFANY POV

Tiffany, who was stand at the main door of the office stunned and speechless at the same time after heard a man yelled from a room and she saw a girl get out from the room while crying.

“Gosh then what will happen to me here? Will I be like her too? Ah no, andwae. I can’t be like her.” Tiffany muttered, trying to be positive. But then, her thought being cut off by a voice.

“Excuse me miss? Are you looking for someone?” She asked. I guess she is a receptionist since she sat at the front desk of  the office. Maybe she can’t recognize me. Well I also don’t know her because I never see her before this when I went to the interview. Maybe she take a leave.

“I’m Tiffany Hwang. I came to report for my first day here.” I said with smile.

“ Oh you must be the one that call me earlier, right Miss Hwang isn’t?” She guessed.

Wow. That’s awkward. I rarely heard people called me with my surname. Yeah I mean its too formal. Even at my former workplace, they never called me with that name. Usually, they’ll call me Tiff or Tiffany. Never once they called me with my surname. Well maybe there is, on my first day of work but after that we talk comfortably. The worker in this office is really ethical. I’m kind of impressed with it.

“Yes that is me. Ah no need to be formal to me. Just call me Tiffany. Its enough for me.”

“Alright then Miss Hw-, aish  I mean Tiffany. Come, follow me. I’ll bring you to Miss Sunny’s room.” She said while she get up and lead me to the room she talk about just now.

I chuckled with her act and quickly follow her step but then I noticed all workers in that office stared me. I just ignore them and continue to follow her. While walking, my eyes observed the office. Its so modern yet being blend with classical feel. From the feature wall until the furniture, I can say it all perfect. I already got the feeling. Look like the interior designer is so talented. I can’t get to see this office properly when I went for the interview before, because I’m too rushing and nervous.

My step slowed when the girl stopped in front a room. She then knocked the door a few times before the owner the room asked her to come in.

“Miss Sunny, Miss Tiffany is here.” The receptionist said

“Ah really? Let her come in Jiyeon-ssi” I know the voice. She’s the one that interviewing me before. If I was mistaken she is a petite girl. Don’t misunderstand me, I just see that feature as a cute side of her. but despite her petite body, she is a good talker and she had a charisma to be a leader.

The receptionist then asked me to come into the room. I just nodded and thanked her as I heard her name been called by older girl.

“Thank you Miss Jiyeon.” I said and smile towards her. She kind of suprise when I called her name, she then just nodded and go back to her place.

I bring my foot a few step closer into the room. And I see the one that interviewing me before, get up from her seat and said”

“Oh Tiffany-ssi, you came. Have a seat. Ah before that, don’t you mind I call you with that name?” I nodded pulled out the chair and sit.

“Well its better than you call me with my surname. I prefer to talk comfortably.” She then laughed when she heard my answer. What I can say is, she is an outgoing person. I became more interested to worked here. Yeah beside from what I heard just now. ((Taeyeon’s yell))

“Hahaha Tiffany-ssi, you’re funny you know that?” She said.

I don’t know what to answered, so I just smile brightly.

“Ah, you never met the CEO don’t you?” Her laugh stopped and asked me a question.

“Ye-yes. Yo-you said he’s not here when I came because he had to attend meeting.” I stutterd.

“Tiffany-ssi, why are you stutter? Ah I know, I assumed you just heard and saw what happen just now right?” She guessed.

WHY IS EVERYBODY GOOD WITH READING MY MIND TODAY?! First, that man. And now her.

I just nodded.

“Well, don’t be afraid or misunderstood. He may be decisive, but believe me he is a good person. You can take my words. He was childhood friend after all.” She explained confidently. While I still keep quiet.

I saw her smiled and shook her head. She then pushed a button on her office phone signed that she’s calling the person on the other line. Its an office phone after all, of course it have multi line and I’m sure that one of the line connected to the CEO’s room.  And then I heard a voice speak at the other line.

“Yes, what is it Sunny?”

“Taeng, the new fashion designer have reported. You want to see her now?.” She asked

“No. I’m not in good condition right now. Maybe later. Sorry.” He answered flatly.

She then release the button with sigh and smiled to me.

“Sorry Tiffany-ssi, look like your boss is not in the mood. Plus he got a bad starting day today.”

“Its okay, I’ll meet him sooner or later too.” I answered softly.     

She noddded and lead me out from her room then introduced me to the other worker.

I bow and introduced myself. Then Sunny showed my room. I’m suprised that I have a room. Sunny then explained that I am Senior Fashion Designer in the company because of my experience and achivement. Wow they really know a lot about me. I thought that I applied for the ordinary fashion designer. Plus she said that half of the designer worked here are still fresh graduated. She said the founder of the company wanted to give them a chance and want them to develop their fresh idea to the company. There are also some of them that still in practical. Yes, I’ve already heard this from few people. So the rumors saying that this company hired fresh graduate were true. This news slightly spreaded to my former workplace as this is a big company. Although I’m feeling negative of the boss after what I heard just now, but still I think he also this kind of side. Not many company want to take a risk by hiring a fresh graduate.

Sunny then leaved me in my room and go back to her room. My room is located at the last corner of the office and I got to see a nice scenery too. I continue to observed my new room. Everything was organized, the interior also very impressive. Alright, stop about the interior and what so ever. What I need to do now is, start my work. I began to open the file and checked the previous design.

I’m too focus until I don’t realise its already lunch time. My phone started to ring. I search it but I can’t find it anywhere. My table is now a mess. There is a bunch of paper on my table. I’m trying to catch up with this company, so I observed the previous my file of the company. I then found my phone under the bunch paper and answer it.

“Hey Tiff, let’s have lunch together?” Its Jessica. Well she’s the only friend that close to me or in other word, she is my bestfriend.

“Hi Jess. Oh yeah come on. Plus, I really really hungry now.” Since I don’t have my breakfast and I got into trouble this morning, I really got stress and it makes me feel hungry.

“Alright. I’m already on my way to your office. I’ll let you know when I arrive.” She said.

Jessica’s office is not far from mine. Only just a couple of blocks so its easy for us to meet. I’m thankful that we’re not far from each other, so if there anything happen she or I can be there for each other. Jessica’s image is cold. They said she is cold and always alone. Just seeing her glare will make you scared. I guess people are afraid to approach her because of her image. That is why she is alone. But unexpectedly, she’s the one that approach me first. She is totally different from what the kids said. She looks pretty when she smile. She help me in the first day in school and she gave me courage when I’m down. Everyone seems suprised when they see we walked together in school. Who would have ever thougt that I, Tiffany Hwang managed to ‘tame’ Jessica Jung? Wow. When think about that again, I never expect we can be friend now. No, scratch that. Bestfriend to be exact. Yes it is. My flashback were cut off when my phone rang showed that I have new messages.

I’ve already in front of your building, come down quickly.

Its from Jessica. I then grabbed my things get out from the room and locked the door. I saw that half of the office have empty, I glared at Sunny’s room, its already empty. Maybe she’ve gone for lunch. As I passed Sunny’s room, I saw the CEO’s room. Also empty. Then I quicken my step and push the button of elevator. Luckily I don’t have to wait long, the elevator open its door. I push the ground floor button and waited for it to move to the ground floor. Less than 5 minutes, the elevator open its door. I walked towards to the main entrance and saw Jessica waiting in her car. I smile and open her car door.

“Hey Tiff” She welcomed me.

“Hi Jess. why didn’t we just met at the place? So you didn’t have to trouble yourself to pick me up.” I said.

“It just a couple of blocks away Tiff. Its not far like I have to pick you up from LA or something.” She chuckled.

“Aish. Enough with the sarcastic already Jess. I’ve heard it a lot today.” I said with a sigh.

“What? Come on, Tiff. I’m not trying to be scoffer here. I just said the truth.” She replied. With that she drove her car out from the building main entrance going to the main road.

“Whatever Jess.” I pout.

“Omo. Are you being a choding or what now? Okay enough pouting. What do you want to eat?” She asked me while her eyes are still on the road.

“I don’t know, anything would be fine. I just really need to fill my empty stomach now.”

“So just fill it with air instead. Easy and free. Hahahaha” She laugh

“Yah Jessica!” I slapped her shoulder. Luckily we are now stopped at the red trafic light, if not I think I will cause another one more trouble.

“Auch! That’s hurt Tiff! Is your hand was made from metal or what? I think my shoulder would come off after got few slap from you after this” She said as she began to drive again.

“Ha ha very funny Jessica” I said flatly.

She just laughed and continue her drive. After a few minute of silent, Jessica suddenly spoke. I also noticed that the car has stopped.

“Come on Tiffany, enough with sulking. Let’s eat. I know you’re hungry. Your stomach has been growling for the past 10 minutes.”

Who said I’m sulking? I just do that so she can stopped talking. Why I want her to stop talking? Because I want some peace. I’m going through a lot today. I’m sorry to Jessica, but seems like she understand after all. So I just let it be.

We walked to the restaurant and enter it. We then take a seat and begin to order. Jessica excuse herself to washroom. But then, I saw a man walked into the restaurant and pulled the chair for the girl. The man’s figure is perfect, his body is perfect build. Although he quite short but looking at the way he treat the girl, he look so manly. I saw a smile engraved on her lips. Look like she’s happy. How I wish I had gentleman boyfriend like him. Unfortunately, I can’t see his face as his broad back facing me. Enough with the imagination, I turn my head back to in front when suddenly Jessica spoke from behind me greeting someone.  

I turn my head to see person that Jessica’s greet. I’m suprised to see the person Jessica’s greet is...

 


Sorry for the late update! Sorry! *bow 90 degree. So here the loooooonnngggg update ^^ 

Will Tiffany meet Taeyeon? Or someone else? Who is Jessica's meet? Stay tuned!

P/S: thanks for the 100 subscriber! I can't do it without you guys. from the 1st subscriber until the 100th. *send hearts ;) THANK YOU !