LXXI

The Ice Has Melted

 

MEANWHILE AT THE UNKNOWN PLACE

Taeyeon still struggling to let himself go. He’s alone at a dark place, feeling cold and his mouth being stuffed with cloth to prevent from talking. He didn’t know how many hours he’s been there. It just few minutes ago, that covered man come again. This time, he gives some food for Taeyeon to eat. But as much as his stomach is growling, Taeyeon throw the food away. That makes the unknown man getting mad and punch Taeyeon’s face hard. His mouth being covered again and Taeyeon can feel the pain on his mouth also cheeks. Not to mention, fluids drop on his shirt. He knows that it was blood. But there’s nothing he can do now. He got no energy to fight back, in his condition being tied make his movement restricted. While wondering of what going to happen to him after this, Taeyeon recalled on how can he end up being there.

 

FLASHBACK

As soon as Taeyeon finish talking to Jessica, he drives away from his secret place. He feels something not right, as the place seems so… chilly and weird. Taeyeon already feels not right since he looks at the carved bench there. All this while, no one ever know the place. Not even his friends. But looking at the carving that have been defaced, an uneasy feeling come to him. It feels like someone has known about it and deface the carvings purposely.

Taeyeon was thinking to going home as he thought Tiffany would be there since there’s the only place he would go if he be Tiffany. While he’s driving, Taeyeon notice that there was a car has been stay behind him for quite long time. The car then keep on following him and not even lost him even a minute. He quite impress with the driver since Taeyeon already reach the maximum speed for his car. Well, Audi also can be considered as one of the fastest car though. So, the unknown car’s driver is a good driver. Luckily it was late and the road is quite empty at that time. Taeyeon can’t see the driver clearly as he got disturbed with headlight.

Without being noticed, the car already getting near to him and the next thing he remember was his car shaking. He knows that his car being hit at that time. Taeyeon got no other choice than drive to the side of the road and stop his car. As soon after that, that car also stop beside him. Taeyeon can see few men come out and open his door forcedly.  He was dragged out and without any words, he feel the pain on his back then everything become dark.

END OF FLASHBACK  

 

Meanwhile Yuri quickly take an action after Jessica told him about Taeyeon and Tiffany. He gathered everyone and ask for their opinion. Each of them plan on asking both of their parents first. As much as all of them has feel uneasy about their sudden missing, however their family is the first they’ll refer to.

Hyoyeon along with Sunny went to Taeyeon’s parents home while Jessica call Mr. Hwang to ask about Tiffany. Both of their parents didn’t know their location and of course they started to feel worried when suddenly being asked about it.

They gather back at their usual meeting place which is at the clubhouse after done with their research task. Everyone was thinking on how find these 2. Both of them didn’t left any sign though. Yuri who was busy with his phone since they arrive few minutes ago elbowed by Jessica. Yuri flinched and give a curious look at her.

Jessica reply it with a glare at his phone. “Why are you so busy with your phone?”

“Hm, this? I was scrolling something,” He said while showed his phone to her.

Jessica just grab his phone away and check through it. She saw a conversation between Yuri and Taecyeon. She knows that man. He’s the one that help them in finding Tiffany. Actually, Yuri try to get a help from Taecyeon once again and he now got a good new regarding Taeyeon and Tiffany sudden missing.

Looking at Jessica checking his phone make Yuri smile by himself. He didn’t know she got this side on her. He only got to see the cold and strict Jessica but never this kind of her.

Yuri let out a small coughed. Jessica stop scrolling and look at him with a glare. “What?”

He snatch back his phone and put it on the table. He knows Jessica won’t dare to take it back since they’re all will notice it.

“Perhaps… are you jealous Jessica-ssi? Afraid I have someone else?” Yuri smirk to her.

He thought she will be quite or at least smile shyly but he got different reaction from her. “No, I’m not afraid about that. I know you won’t dare to do it.” She stop for a while and take a look at the others then continue to whisper again.

“I’m just checking if there any woman try to get my man.” Yuri just nod hearing to her words. He thought that was cliché thing that will be said from a woman. He speak again after take a bottle of mineral water. “What if, there is a woman try to get me?”

Jessica let out a smile. “Easy, she could be prepared to get killed because I’ll tear her face then poke and take out her eyeballs out so that she couldn’t even look at you.” Yuri spewed out the water after heard her answer. He did fell in love with a hard woman. She even hard than Tiffany.

The others now look at both Yuri and Jessica. They didn’t hear much what are they talking about just now, but for sure they did talk something.

Yuri wiped his mouth and brushing away few drops of water falling on his shirt. He fix his collar and act like nothing happen. To prevent them from asking anything, he quickly find a topic to talk about. Luckily there is a thing he got to talk about. Yuri take his phone that has been put on the table just now and begin to talk while scrolling on something at his phone. Jessica, who still sit beside him keep her poker face and act like nothing happen.

Yuri coughed before talking to catch the others attention. “Guys, here I got thing to say.”

Yuri now got the others attention as they were looking at him now. “What is it Yul? You look so serious though,” Sunny said while the others nod to her.

“Yes, it is.  Here take a look at this.” He put his phone on the table back and let everyone see the picture being shown. The phone then take turn going one people to another one. Starting with Jessica and finished at Hyoyeon.

Yuri saw they were talking to each other now. Saying something about the picture. “Alright, everyone have see it? What do you think about it?”

“Wait it a minute, doesn’t it Taeyeon’s oppa car if I was not mistaken?” Seohyun said to him.

“Oh yeah, it was Jason isn’t? Why does it was there? Where is he?” Sunny also being curious on how can Taeyeon’s car end up being there.

Hyoyeon take the phone and look at the picture closely. Few minutes after that, he began to talk. “Something wrong here. Don’t you think Yul? Here, look at this.” Hyoyeon showed the picture to Yuri. He explained to him about the crack he saw at the car. Even Yuri didn’t notice it.

Yuri explained to them that he got that picture from his friend which is a private investigator. He did ask a help from him after feel something not right. They then discussing about what they should do after this. Now, thing has been proved that there is something happen to Taeyeon and maybe to Tiffany too.

--

The next morning, Yuri and Hyoyeon went to meet Taecyeon that take his morning flight to Seoul after being informed about the new thing they found at Taeyeon’s car. 3 of them planning to check on the CCTV near the streets and if possible, they’ll lodge to the police as they already have a suspect.

While all the ladies still trying to find Tiffany. Taecyeon also didn’t get any information about her. he said that the last place she went to was a park. That is the last place she was seen by people. Now things really get complicated.

--

AT THE UNKNOWN PLACE

Just like be the normal routine for him, Taeyeon now knows how to estimate the time even though he’s been locked in small and dark room without have any furniture nor anything in it. He know when will the covered man went to give him food even though he don’t even eat it. Today, he has make a decision. He’ll try to get out no matter what happen.

Just at the right time, the covered man went into the room. Taeyeon can hear a sound of door being opened. He turn his body to towards the door. It was one of his plan to face the covered man.

“Here, eat this.” The covered man put a plastic in front of Taeyeon and the good thing is, no matter what, the covered man will always let Taeyeon’s mouth free for a while.

“How I want to eat if my hand were tied? Heh, fool” An annoying face were showed to him. Taeyeon speak after his mouth free. He can see the covered man’s eyebrows curled as maybe he was surprised to hear him talk after be there for a few days. He even want to eat.

But the covered man was not stupid. He won’t let Taeyeon’s hand go easily. So, he just open up the packaging and feed him up. Taeyeon didn’t let the covered man to feed him so he pull away his face.

“I won’t eat from your dirty hand, bastard”

Hearing to Taeyeon’s word, the covered man get mad and throw away the food to Taeyeon’s face. His hair then got pulled by the covered man.

“Listen here, this dirty hand I got here can kill you anytime. Know that? So, mind your words!” while saying his words, Taeyeon neck being choked by the covered man.

Since the covered man were squats on the same level as him, Taeyeon take the opportunity to hit the covered man’s head using his head. The covered man groan in pain and pull of his mask as he already feel annoyed with Taeyeon day by day.

“I’ve sick of this!” with a few lights coming from the opened door, Taeyeon can see the covered man’s face all this while. He really can’t believe of what did he just saw.

“You? You did all of this? Why?!”

Nichkhun knows his identity already revealed. He laugh to him. “Why? Should I tell you? No~ its none of your business, Kim Taeyeon!”

“If it was because Tiffany, then this is not the way! There’s another way to solve this!” He said. If his hand didn’t get tied, he must already get a super punch from Taeyeon now.

Nichkhun get mad. His temper raised up. He grab on Taeyeon’s collar. “What way?! By looking at both of you happily live while I’m struggling?! Both of you deserve this!”

“Both of you? that’s mean, not only me but maybe Tiffany was here too?” Taeyeon suddenly remember that Jessica did called and told him about Tiffany been missing. He thought for a while.

“Wait a minute… what do you mean by both of us? What did you do to her?!”

Nichkhun laugh loudly. “Want to know what did I do to her? Same like what I did to you, but maybe a little harsher I guess…?”

“Damn! What did you do to her?! don’t you dare lay your finger on her!” He said while trying to let himself go.

He didn’t bother to reply Taeyeon’s word and went to the opened door. Taeyeon thought Nichkhun want to leave the room but it was the opposite. He switch on the lamp and what did Taeyeon see next was more surprise to him.

Taeyeon can see Tiffany lying helplessly on the ground and she look even worst that him. Her messy hair, also with her hand being tied. All this while, they were actually staying in the same room. But there’s a glass separated them. Taeyeon can see the light refection and realize about the glass thing. His eyes teary suddenly when looking at her condition. Taeyeon feel bad for failed to protect her. His promise now mean nothing.

“FANY! FANY WAKE UP! I’M HERE!” Taeyeon shout from the other side but there is no respond from her. Afraid that she asleep, he then shout again.

“TIFFANY! WAKE UP BABY! FANY!” this time, Taeyeon bang his head on the glass to make a sound as his hand still being tied. But still, he failed to make Tiffany wake up.

Leaving him shouting alone, Nichkhun make his way out from the room while laughing loudly. Feeling proud of his plan that finally worked.

“Yah! where are you going? Let me go! I want to see her!”

Nichkhun stop at the door. “Want to see her?” Taeyeon nod.

“Let just see her in hell okay? Hahaha!”

Taeyeon tears finally drop after that bastard switch off the lamp back and get out from the room. He didn’t cry, but Taeyeon feel upset with himself as he didn’t get to protect and be with her. now what can he do? Sit there helplessly, can’t doing anything and just wait for the next thing. 


hello everybody, i'm here updating the story. sorry for late. ((yeah i know there's tonnes of sorry i've said)) so i guess the story will end soon. maybe a couple more chapter then it will be done :) this time, it was really serious. i've write this story nearly to 1 year though :)