VI

The Ice Has Melted

TIFFANY POV

I totally taken aback with what he said just now. He even yelled at me. Maybe its true, I was selfish. Most of the time in our conversation, he just trying to solved the problem but all I do was thinking about my work and keep saying I’m already late. While he also have to go to work, same like me. This accident happen because of me. Only if I drive more carefully and stopped my car to find the earphone, I’ll not hit his car and I’ll never involve in this situation. My thought stopped when I remembered that I already late to work. I take out my phone and begin to dialed the office number.

“Hello, this is Kim Corporation. Good morning, may I help you?” The operator asked me in the other line.

“Oh yes, hello good morning. Can you connect me to Sonexclusive please?” I replied politely.

Yes, Kim Corporation. I was told by my friend that recommended me to the new job that this company is the biggest company in South Korea. Originally this company is a textile company. They provided textile fabrics, lining and garment materials to other clothing company. But then, they decided to make their own clothing brand, and they succeed to be a top clothing brand in South Korea in just 5 years. Well who knows their brilliant idea can lead them to where they are now. I was be told that this company is a family company. It has been passed down from generation to generation. But for Sonexclusive, the clothing brand which is can be count as new clothing brand is founded by the second generation of Kim’s family which is his grandchild. I feel amaze by his thinking skills.

“May I know your name miss?” The person asked me.

“I’m Tiffany Hwang.” I said given her my name.

“Okay, just wait for a minute I’ll inform their receptionist.”

Less than a minute, the voice changed.

“Hello Miss Hwang? You’re the designer that supposed to reporting today right?” She asked.

“Yes I am, but I want to inform you that I involved in a small accident this morning. So may I reporting a bit late?” I replied, worry about my first day of work.

“Oh really? Don’t worry, I’ll informed Miss Sunny about this. I’m sure she’ll understand.”

“Well thank you so much. I’ll try my best to arrive as soon as possible.” I said and end the call. When suddenly I remembered something. I forgot to explained to Jessica what happen to me after the suddden scream that she heard before. I quickly dial her number and wait for her to pick up.

“Tiff! Are you okay? What’s with the scream just now?!” I can’t even greet her then she asked me those questions.

“Jess, I’m fine. It jus-just that...” I paused for a moment.

“What? Why are you stutter?” She asked me in curious tone.

“I had an accident.” That’s it. I told her.

“What?! Did the person okay?” She screamed at the other line. I already know that she’ll definitely mad at me after this.

“What are you talking about?” I confused with her sudden question. What ‘person’ did she talking about?

“You said you had an accident pabo-yah, but just now you said you’re okay. So I assumed that you hit on someone. Right?” She said.

“Can you please hear me first? Don’t just assume things. Aish!” Sometimes I wonder, does her cold image is truly her image? Because she totally souund stupid right now. I chuckled. Without waiting her to replied, I began to explain briefly to her about what happen.

“So.... Em did the driver is a handsome man?”

What the- hell she talking about! Isn’t this suppose to be serious matter? I’m telling her about what happen to me but now she just asked me whether the driver is a handsome?! Didn’t she have any concern towards me? Even just a little? Pft.

“Jessica Jung!” I yelled.

“Hahahaha I’m just kidding Tiff. I know this suppose to be serious, but I just want you to chill for a while. I understand that you must be feel stress plus today is your first day of the work. Oh ya, have you informed the company about your condition?” She replied. Now that make sense now. At least her words can make me feel ease. Indeed, she is a good friend.

“Yes I did. I call them before I call you. I’m glad they understand my situation.” I answered.

“So now, You just waiting in the car? Not doing anything?”

“Yes. Since the driver didn’t say anything. -Oh!” I stopped talking when I saw a tow truck stopped at the side of the road near the man’s car.

“What? What is it Tiff?” Jessica asked.

“The tow truck is here Jess. I think that man called it earlier. I’ll hang up first. I’ll tell you if there anything okay?” I said.

“Ah really? Alright then. Later Tiff.” I then cut off the line and get out from my car when I see the other driver also get out from his car.  

 


Hey readers! I'll try my best to finish the story before my semester break over. How i wish it will not over *sob. Btw, keep reading!

P/S: Congratulations TIFFANY for the solo debut! idk what is wrong is me, since the teaser out i'll be crying whenever think about her solo debut. And when i see her perform her own song on the stage i feel like her 10 year hardwork being paid. Keep fighting Fany Fany!