LX

The Ice Has Melted

While Taeyeon was struggling in the OR, Tiffany on the other side has been arrive at the airport 2 hours ago still pondering where should she go. She didn't want to go far but want to disappear for a while. After thinking of some places, she then manage to choose and purchase the flight ticket. 

None of them were going anywhere. They still loyal waiting for Taeyeon to be out from OR. And of course all of them were surprise to heard that Tiffany couldn't be found anywhere. Jessica still try to reach Tiffany even though she's not answering. Dozens of text messages has been sent to her but none of it was replied. At the nth time she's calling her, it was suddenly off. That's it. She give up. 

Jessica let out a sigh. Never thought her best friend could do thing like this. 

"Still no answer?" Sunny ask. 

"No. And now her phone was off," Jessica expressed her disappointment. 

"Hum... I wonder happen actually," Hyoyeon said. He's been thinking about it. Taeyeon wouldn't get hit if there wasn't something and Tiffany wouldn't disappear suddenly. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Since the flight was short, Tiffany manage to arrive late at the evening. Well at least she can still see the sunset. She take out her phone to call someone but when she push the button, the screen is still blank. It's run out of battery. She sigh while her hand rummaging into her bag, try to find power bank or at least charger. 

"Ugh did i forgot to take it? Damn," Tiffany put her phone back in her bag. It was no use since it didn't have battery. 

She took a cab, going to the nearest hotel there. She didn't have any further plan for tomorrow or the other day. For now, she just want to be alone and forget everything for awhile even though she knows it can't be erased. 

*** 

SEOUL 

Be in the OR for more than 7 hours, Dr. Park Seo Joon finally out and saw Taeyeon's family member were waiting outside. He just realised that Taeyeon was a millionaire son after checking his personal information. When he was walking out, the first person that approach him as Hyoyeon. 

"How was Taeng? Everything is okay, right?" While he was asking, everyone already stand and stare him with hopeful face. 

Dr. Park Seo Joon take off his surgery mask and answer him. "Yes, he's alright. You're his family?" 

Hyoyeon nod. "Yes I'm his cousin. Here is his father," Hyoyeon stand back and let Taeyeon's father be in front. 

Now, everyone gather around Dr. Park Seo Joon to know about Taeyeon's condition. 

"Mr. Kim, your son was alright. We manage to take out the blood clot from his brain and right now Dr. Im Yoona was inside, doing final procedure for his fractured bones. He's out from the critical phase so nothing to be worried about." He explained and let out a warm smile. Mr. Kim nod to the doctor. Everyone relieve hearing the doctor explanation. Now they only have to wait taeyeon being transferred to the normal ward. 

---

As soon Tiffany arrive at the hotel, she continue to call someone earlier. 

"Hello," the person said. 

"Dad." That one word. She just need to hear her father's voice right now. 

"Stephanie? Who's number is this?" Mr. Hwang ask her. 

Tiffany feel want to cry but she hold it. "The number is not important now. Dad, can you please help me?" 

Hearing her voice, Mr. Hwang become worried of his daughter. "Help you what? Are you okay over there Tiffany?"

"Yes, I'm okay dad. Don't worry. Can you please not to tell anybody about me if they ask?" That question make him quiet for a while. She's totally not okay. 

"Why? What's wrong? Where are you right now? You better tell me, Tiffany" 

"Nothing, dad. I just want some time for myself. So could you please help me? Please...?" Tiffany sit faced to the balcony. She can see the sunset. 

He let out a sigh. "You must tell me your location before i can help, can you?" 

He notice that her daughter silent and didn't answer his question. "Don't tell me that you're in..."

Tiffany knows what her father think of "No dad, I'm not in Cali. I'm just somewhere here,"

"So do tell me where you at. What if there emergency? Or something happen to me? It easy to get you back here" Mr. Hwang try to twist the situation. He knows his daughter planned not to tell him her location. So he must use his special way. 

Hearing to her dad, Tiffany quickly cut him off. She really hate it "Oh please don't say anything like that! Fine.... I'm at.." She hesitated. 

For now, the only person she trust is her father. "Jeju," 

Mr. Hwang glad that she tell him her location instead make it secret. "Did Taeyeon know you going there?" 

She didn't answer his question and be quiet. Mr. Hwang on the other line know that something happen between them and didn't ask her much more. So he just said, "Just remember to take care of yourself wherever you are Stephanie. Call me if you need anything," 

"Yes, i will. Thank you Dad. Bye, i love you" 

"I love you too Tiffany, bye" 

The line was cut off. Mr. Hwang pray for his daughter and also hope that nothing serious will happen in her relationship. He saw nothing wrong in Taeyeon. That man love his daughter so much.

------------------------------------------------------------
FEW DAYS AFTER THAT

Taeyeon awake after few days being admitted and also undergo 7 hours surgery. He feel blank. He feel like he just awake from long sleep. His mother and Hayeon was there at the moment he awake. Hayeon saw Taeyeon's hand was moving and his eyes blinking. While there's Hyoyeon and Yuri outside the NSICU. 

"Oppa? Oh my god, eomma look! Oppa is awake!" Hayeon said. She nearly jump in the NSICU. Nothing could describe on how happy she was seeing her brother awake. 

Mrs. Kim stand beside Taeyeon. She hold Taeyeon's hand and brush his hair.   Mrs. Kim was too happy seeing his son again until she cry. Taeyeon saw his mother crying then said "Eo-mma.. Ww-hy did y-you cry.." He try to speak up even his throat was hurt. 

"Its because of you, you make me cry Taeyeon-ah. You're bad," Mrs. Kim said while wipe her tears and laugh after that. 

"I-I'm sor-sorry eomma," He smile behind his oxygen mask. 

Dr. Park Seo Joon came after being informed by Hayeon. 

"Hello, I'm happy to see you back." He greet Taeyeon with a bright smile. He really surprised to see Taeyeon's quick progress after having complications and difficulties during operations. According to the expectation, he should be in coma if he manage to survive but yeah, miracle is everywhere. 

He put out his pen and pressed it between Taeyeon's 2 finger. He presses it a bit harder to check on his sensory.

"Can you feel the pain?" He ask. 

"Yy-yes." 

Dr. Park Seo Joon nod and write something on a paper. Finish writing, he ask Taeyeon again. "What is your name?" 

"Kk-kim Taeyeon." 

"You know these 2 people here?" 

Taeyeon nod to his question. "Who are they?" 

"My mm-mom and my sister." 

Dr. Park Seo Joon nod. He just want to test his memory. "Alright, everything was good for now. I'll come back here later to check on you again. Rest well okay Taeyeon?" He let out a smile and get away from there. Taeyeon didn't bother to reply so he just smile. 

Hyoyeon and Yuri come to see Taeyeon after being informed that he has awake. They can see all the machine around Taeyeon has gone. Hyoyeon was so happy until he jump onto Yuri. 

"Yah Yul! He's back! Our Taeng has back!!" 

Yuri drop Hyoyeon off. "I know that Hyo but you don't have to jump on me! You're so damn heavy!" He elbowed Hyoyeon and that make he groan in pain. 

Taeyeon just look at them and give a small smile. They really doesn't look like their age at all. Both of them realise that Taeyeon's mother and sister were looking at them fighting then stop. Yuri smile sheepishly. Mrs. Kim and Hayeon leave Taeyeon with both of them. She want to inform her husband about Taeyeon. Hayeon also need to pick Sarang from school. 

"Hi Taeng! Remember us?" Hyoyeon greet his cousin with cheerful tone. 

"Yah, what kind of question you ask him Hyo? Of course he know us. Right Taeng?" Again Hyoyeon got a smack from Yuri. He then  turn to Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon give a confuse look. He just want to play with them. "Huh? Wh-what are you tt-talking about?" 

Yuri smile vanished away. Hyoyeon's eyes widen. "Don't say that you're....-"

Taeyeon smiling and take of his oxygen mask. "Silly dorks, of course i know you guys" 

"Wait, what is our name then?" Yuri ask for a confirmation. 

Taeyeon really want to laugh so hard but his head was hurt and can't moving much. "Yy-you......." He pointed at Hyoyeon. 

"You pabo Kim Hyoyeon and you're silly dorky Kwon Yul," Taeyeon finish his last word by pointing at Yuri. 

Both of them smile and laugh hearing Taeyeon's answer. 

"Yah why did you only call him pabo while I got silly and dorky?" Yuri whined. 

"Because you are silly and dorky Yuri-ah" Taeyeon said while adjusting his position. His back really hurt because laid for too long. 

"Hahahahaha silly dorky Yul," Hyoyeon laugh and that only why he got a third smack from Yul. This time his head got hit. 

Yuri call the others to inform about Taeyeon condition and soon Mr. Kim come to the hospital to see Taeyeon along with his wife. Taeyeon then being transferred to the normal ward instead of NSICU since he has awake and no complication with his brain. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Day by day being admitted, Taeyeon is getting better. For now, Dr. Im Yoona will take over his case according to his fractured ankle. 

"Hi good morning Mr. Kim! we meet again," Dr. Im Yoona greet him with a bright smile. Well they already know each other before. 

Taeyeon feel something weird. "We did meet before?" He ask. 

Yoona smile and nod to him. 

"But I don't know you, we just meet today." Taeyeon can get any memory meeting Dr. Im Yoona in the past. 

"We met before when you got knee injury. I'm the one treat you," Yoona explain in case he forgot about that since he was a busy businessman. 

Taeyeon try to recall back his memory but none of it showed a memory with Yoona. He also don't remember when did he have knee injury. His head now hurt. "What? My knee has injure before?" 

"Yah don't you remember Taeng? I'm the one send you to the physiotherapy session" Hyoyeon step into their conversation to help him remember. While Dr. Im Yoona nod to the Hyoyeon's statement. 

Taeyeon look at Hyoyeon. If he was there too, why can't he recall anything then? His head become more hurt. He hold his head, "I can't remember that we've met before, and the knee injury? When the heck I've hurt my knee? Ugh, I don't know! I can't remember!" 

Dr. Im Yoona find something suspicious with Taeyeon. There's no way he can't remember her. They just met less than 6 months ago. "It's okay if you can't remember. I think you should rest, I'll check on you later on." She let a smile and leave Taeyeon's room. 

Hyoyeon feel weird too so he follow Yoona out from the room. 

"Dr. Im Yoona, Wait!" Hyoyeon run after Yoona that already walk half of the way. 

Yoona stop after hear someone called her name. She turn and saw Hyoyeon already stop in front of her. "Yes?" 

"I want to ask you, is Taeyeon okay? He seems different. May i know why?" He ask. Hyoyeon is the one be with Taeyeon today since Mrs. Kim have to settle some things and Hayeon got class to attend. The rest will come later on. 

Yoona smile. She already figure out that Hyoyeon might ask her about this. "I've something on my mind. But I'll discuss this first with the experts. Maybe he still shocked of what has happen. Don't worry, it's nothing serious." 

Hyoyeon nod and walk back to Taeyeon's room. While Dr. Im Yoona thinking of meet with Dr. Park Seo Joon to discuss this matter.  

When Hyoyeon went back to Taeyeon's room, he's been asked a question. "Hyo, is it really true I've met that doctor before for a treatment?" 

Taeyeon has been thinking of this matter ever since it was mentioned just now. Why he doesn't have any memory about it? Hyoyeon just nod to him. 

"How can i have knee injury?" Taeyeon ask more. 

"It was because you're saving your girlfriend that night," Hyoyeon answer his question while playing games in his phone. 

Girlfriend? Taeyeon was thinking. That is second question. When did he got a girlfriend? "Who's my girlfriend?" 

Hearing his question, Hyoyeon laugh. "What kind of question you asking me Taeng? Of course it's Tiffany! You don't have any other girlfriend right? Hahahaha" he continue to laugh while playing his games. 

Tiffany? He never heard of that name before. "Yy-yeah i dd-don't have one.... But who is Tiffany?" 

Hyoyeon shocked and his eyes widen. He nearly fell from his seat when heard Taeyeon's last question. 

"Taeng... Don't tell me...," 

 


I've thinking and thought on combining the 2 plot. So Tiffany was in Jeju? Well it doesn't so far away. And they've started to discover Taeyeon's illness. After all this happen, what happen to Nana and Nichkhun? Do they have more evil plan, or not? Stay tuned! 

P/S: I didn't do any proofread like always so pardon and don't throw bricks at me! >< this will end soon :D

NSICU - Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit