XXIV

The Ice Has Melted

It has been 3 days since the fashion show event. Finally, all of them can get a rest and free from some works. For Sunny, she finally success in handling big project by herself. But there is something bothering her. She still feel surprised with Taeyeon’s sudden appearance as a model. She never thought Taeyeon willing to walk on the runaway again after years!. Taeyeon once was a model when he was still study in abroad. He often be a model for fashion magazine and fashion show. Well modelling is not his passion but he just joined it for accompany his girlfriend. Whoops, ex- girlfriend. Sorry, my bad. They often be models for couple photoshoot and always get praised by other people. There is one time, a modelling agency wanted to hired them to be models for their company but Taeyeon didn’t accept it since both of them still study. His ex- girlfriend be a model because she want to support her life. She’s coming from poor family and she further her studies abroad because she got scholarship. Plus, be model is her dream job. She met Taeyeon when they in second semester at the university. Before this, she never met him nor saw him in campus. Taeyeon rarely showed himself in class, that is until they’re being paired together in one project and become closer. Before continuing his studies in abroad, Taeyeon finished his high school in a private school which is full with rich kids including Yuri, Sunny and himself. He once was approached by a girl in the school but he rejected it. Not only that girl, but many other girls have been rejected by Taeyeon. He just want an ordinary girl, not an arrogant and act upon the wealth which is belong to their parents. He doesn’t care if the girl come from rich or a poor family, for him being humble and sincerity is the most important thing.

The news about Taeyeon walk on the runaway again after years been spread to the main company. Taeyeon’s father just smile upon hearing those news. Same like Sunny, he never thought that Taeyeon still have interest in modelling. He knows his son once be a model when he still studied but he stopped after the girl left him. Not only Sonexclusive new summer collection gain a lot of attention like previous collection but Taeyeon too, got a lot of attention in the social media after the fashion show finished. Who thought a CEO of a most top clothing brand can be a model? Taeyeon never exposed himself on the public. He will attend the event and giving speech so on but after that he will left. Some people once mistaken thought that Sunny is the CEO of the Sonexclusive but after being explained they now understand.

They now work like usual after the event finished. At least the stress have been released and the work decreased. Sunny on the other side need to know the reason Taeyeon decide to be model at the event 3 days ago. She keep on contacting Taeyeon after the event, but he turned off his phone because he got a lot of calls from fashion magazine reporters. He feel bothered with that, somehow he feel regret offered himself to be model at that time. He even didn’t go to the office and decide to stay at home since he doesn’t have a lot of work now.

But today, after 3 days he come and show up himself to the office. His phone no longer ringing and he can turn it on peacefully. Sunny who saw Taeyeon walked into his room then get out and followed his back. Taeyeon sensed someone stand behind him and turn his back. He surprised and drop his clutch on the floor.

“Yah! You surprised me! I can get mini heart attack you know that? Aish this shorty..” Taeyeon said to Sunny while pick up his clutch on the floor and make his way to his executive chair to sit.

Sunny just laughed and sit in front of Taeyeon’s table. She then asked him question she want to ask earlier.

“Where have you been in this 3 days Taeng?” she said while looking at Taeyeon who is ing his shirt sleeve.

“I just stay at home. Why? Is there anyone looking for me?” Taeyeon answered with slumber while roll up his shirt sleeves after ing them. 

“Yes. There is someone looking for you in days you absent from office.” Sunny said with both of her hand crossed on her chest.

“Really? Who? Is it Mr. Lim the one who interested to invest in our company?” Taeyeon still didn’t get Sunny’s point.

“Yah! Its me who looking for you, stupid!” Sunny tapped Taeyeon’s head with a pen she get from the table.

“Auch! Yah you can just call me right Sun? why bother looking for me anyway? It’s not like I’ve been kidnapped here.” Taeyeon brushed the spot that Sunny tap him just now.

“Tell me why did you do that?”

“Do what?” Taeyeon pretend didn’t know what Sunny is talking about. He actually already know that he’s going to answer this question.

“Don’t play dumb with me Taeng, I know you know what I’m saying here. Come on, tell me.”

Taeyeon then tell the whole story to Sunny. He explained how come he end up be on the stage and why he decides to help Tiffany. Sunny just nodded and absorbed Taeyeon’s every word. Sunny noticed that her friend has changed a bit. She has been told by other workers about what happen in the meeting before the event. She surprised with it. There must be something make him changed. She must find the reason. Knowing Taeyeon reason, Sunny didn’t asked much anymore. She then left Taeyeon’s office and went back to her room. Without Taeyeon knowing, Sunny told Seohyun everything that happen to Taeyeon in this few weeks. How he have changed, all of that. It’s been a while since Taeyeon had his last therapy with Seohyun. One is because Taeyeon is busy with his work. Second is because Seohyun sure about Taeyeon’s changes. He is better than before, he showed a lot of positive changes. He now can open up bit by bit. It is a big improvement, before this Taeyeon rarely open up to anyone even though to his friends. It makes Seohyun somehow worried but now she confident with him now. So she decided to lessen their therapy session.

Taeyeon who is still in his room suddenly remember his deal with Tiffany. He then went to Tiffany’s room. He open the door and saw the room is empty. There is no sign Tiffany was there. Taeyeon feel curious looking at the empty room. He went to the receptionist  and asked her:

“Jiyeon-ssi, did you see Tiffany-ssi today?”

“Oh Mr. Kim. She did not come to the office since 3 days ago.” Taeyeon surprised with her answer. 3 days ago? That is the same day he absent from the office too.

“Didn’t she tell you anything?”

“No Mr.Kim she didn’t informed anything. I tried to call her but she did not answer it. I guess maybe she have emergency problem.” This even make Taeyeon curious. Didn’t answer the calls and absent. What happen? Missing in action?

“Ah is that so? Okay then. Thanks Jiyeon-ssi. You can continue your work.” The receptionist nodded and saw Taeyeon walked away back to his room.

In Taeyeon’ room, he seemed can’t concentrate. He still thinking about Tiffany. This girl absent for 3 days without any news. Is she okay? Half an hour has passed and Taeyeon still pondered what happen to Tiffany. That’s it. he can’t take it anymore. Taeyeon grabbed his car keys and his clutch, went out from his room. While walk out from his office, he dialed Tiffany’s number. He keep on dialing her number but the result is just the same, she did not answer it. Taeyeon speed up his step and passed by the receptionist. Jiyeon who saw her boss, get up to asked him but before she spoke Taeyeon already said first.

“I’m going out for a while. If there anything, just refer to Sunny.” He said. He even didn’t stop and just walk out from the office while still busy typing something on his phone.

 

Text message

From: Taeyeon

To: Tiffany

Where are you? Are you okay?

 

Taeyeon hit the ‘send’ button. He get into the elevator and went down to the parking lot. He get into his car and drive out from the building. He didn’t bother to asked the jokey to take his car. This time, he do it by himself. He drive along the main road. He still remember way to Tiffany’s house. While he is driving, he will keep checked his phone whenever he stop the car at the red traffic light. He see there is no reply from her. it’s fine if she is okay, but it will be bad if she was not. That is why he forced himself to go and checked for Tiffany.

 

Text message

From: Taeyeon

To: Tiffany

Are you at home now? Answer my call, please.

 

Taeyeon hit the ‘send’ button again. The red light changed to green. Taeyeon put down his phone and drive again. In 30 minutes driving, Taeyeon arrive at Tiffany’s apartment. He parked exactly at the same spot a month ago. Taeyeon locked his car and make his way to the elevator. He still remember what floor did Tiffany live on. He pushed 11th floor button and wait for it to move.

“Ding”

The elevator arrive at the 11th floor. Taeyeon get out from the elevator and walked towards Tiffany’s apartment. He stopped when he arrive in front of a door. He then rang the bell and wait. He pushed it twice and there is no answer. Taeyeon rang the bell for the third times and wait another few minutes in front of the door. A few minutes has passed yet still no answer. Taeyeon put out his phone and began dialing Tiffany’s number. He has called Tiffany more tan 10 times today. Including this call, it will be 11th times he called her. yeah just like the floor she live on. 11th floor. From outside Taeyeon can hear a phone ringing. He put his ear on the door and hear it clearly. Tiffany really in there! But why didn’t she picked up the call? Soon, the phone silent because Taeyeon cut off the line. He then knock the door.

“Fany-ah, it’s me Taeyeon. Come on, open up the door.” Taeyeon said between his knocking. Taeyeon suddenly feel uneasy. This time he’s calling Tiffany again and knocked her door. It’s double. But the, he heard something break. He guessed it must be plate or glass. Taeyeon can’t wait anymore. He is ready to rammed the door but when tried to twist the doorknob first, he surprised that the door didn’t locked. The door has open, he enter the house. He can see the house is in mess. The cushion dropped on the floor, magazines and other papers scattered all over the floor. Taeyeon looked around and saw a big frame hanging on the wall. That is a family photo. He can automatically spot Tiffany because of her eye smile. Alright forget about the photo for a while, Taeyeon walked again straight and get into the kitchen. He saw a broken glass on the floor. So this is the one that break just now. He looked in front, still no sign of that girl. He turn his body to the right side and shocked seeing Tiffany lay down on the floor. He bent down and hold Tiffany’s hand.

“Tiffany!” He screamed her name. But she’s not responding to it.

“Fany-ah! Wake up! What happen?!” Taeyeon checked her pulse, thank goodness she still alive. She looked pale and her face have bruised sign. He want to hold her palm when he noticed there is blood on it. He checked her head, afraid that she banging into something. But her head not bleeding. Taeyeon feel relieved. He keep shaking Tiffany’s body, tried to wake her up but still, no respond. Managed to continue his panic, Taeyeon lift up Tiffany in bridal style and bring her to the hospital.

Finished locked the door, Taeyeon carry her again. In the car on their way to the hospital, Taeyeon keep holding Tiffany’s hand. The girl still keep in silent while Taeyeon drive with one hand. Hoping that his other hand will give strength to the girl. 10 minutes in speed driving, they arrived at the hospital. Taeyeon stopped his car in front of the emergency section.

“Help! She’s sick!” He screamed. Like a lightning, nurses bring out stretcher. Taeyeon put her on the stretcher and saw nurse pushed her away. He then followed behind them. Didn’t bother about his car anymore. Tiffany were bring to the examination room.

“I’m sorry sir, but you have to wait outside.” A nurse spoke up. While Taeyeon just nodded and watch the door being closed. He then sit on the chair provided in front of the room.

While put both of his hand covering his face, in his mind he still keep thinking what happen to that girl actually? Taeyeon still waiting outside even though it has been half an hour since they brought Tiffany inside the room. he really want to be with Tiffany now. He doesn’t want her to be alone. Soon, a doctor went out from the room. Taeyeon lift up his head and get up from the seat.

“Doctor, how is she? Everything is okay right?” Taeyeon asked.

“Please be patient sir. She’s okay and she’s fine. Can I know who are you, sir?” the doctor asked Taeyeon.

“Me? I’m her boyfriend.” Taeyeon answered slumber.

“Oh in that case, can you please register her? She may have to stay here for a few days.”

“Alright I’ll sign her in after this. But the rest is okay?” the doctor nodded. He relieved hearing Tiffany is alright. He then went to register counter to sign her in. A nurse handed him a paper. He took and see the information he need to fill. There’s a lot of thing he need to fill in. But Taeyeon didn’t fill everything. He just fill in the column that have ‘*’ sign. So the thing that he have to fill is only name, age, address and guardian information. Taeyeon bring the paper and put it on the table provided to fill the form.

“Let’s see. The name is Tiffany Hwang, then age? Same like me, 27.” Taeyeon write all information that he knows but then he stopped at the guardian information section.

“How I’m supposed to know her guardian information?” He put the pen at his mouth, still thinking  about it. Taeyeon then get an idea.

He write his name on the form. Since he doesn’t know who is her guardian, he just decides to use his information as replacement. Finished fill in the form, he then handed the form back to the nurse. Registration is done, he now heading to Tiffany’s room. She has been admitted in ward when Taeyeon settle down the registration matter.  

He open the door quietly, revealed a girl lying on the bed. Her right hand were mounted with IV drip. Her face still pale and there are some scratches on her hand and cheeks. Taeyeon stand beside Tiffany and brushed her bruised cheeks.

“What happen to you actually Fany-ah? Who did this to you?”

With that Taeyeon stayed and accompanied Tiffany for the whole day.

 


tadaa! here some intro for Taeyeon ex girlfriend. so what happen to Tiffany? why does she end up be like that? this chapter might be boring. sorry in advance! stay tuned! sorry for the late update :( *bow

P/S: feel jealous with those who went to Tiffany's weekend concert! >< and heartbreak hotel too! it should be included in the IJWD album!