LVI

The Ice Has Melted

The couple back to work after taking 4 days leave. Taeyeon feel ease as he already got approval from both family. He do his work as usual, so do Tiffany. Just like other couple, they went to lunch together and there is sometimes they'll went lunch together with their friends. 

Despite being happy, Taeyeon got 1 thing in his mind. He has been bothered by it for the past few days since he was in Jeonju. Sunny did call him and said Nana went to the office, looking for him. Luckily both of them were taking leave. Not only that,  Nana also called his office frequently to ask Jiyeon whether he has back or not. This thing make Taeyeon feel worried. While he was wondering, his phone ringing. He take it and saw an unknown number. Not thinking much, he just answer the call. 

"Hello?" But he can't hear anyone answer him. He feel weird. Just when he want to cut off the line, he heard a voice. 

"Hello, Kim Taeyeon." 

That voice. He know that voice. The voice that he once love to hear. Damn it, Im Nana! 

Taeyeon's face changed. He let out a sigh. "So it's you. What do you want?" 

Taeyeon heard she laugh. "Awhh you're no fun Taeng, i thought want to play guessing game with you." 

"I don't have time to play with you," he said. Taeyeon really feel annoyed right now. 

"You know where i am right now?" She questioned. 

That question. Taeyeon look around. He even went out from his office to check whether Nana was outside since she has been looking for him. He glad when didn't saw her anywhere. Well at least, she's not at the office. 

"I'm not interested in where you are," he answer with a flat tone. He really want to end the conversation right now. 

Nana laugh again. Holding an envelope with her, she then said "You must be interested to know Taeng, because I'm at the cafe in front of your building right now and i saw your girlfriend here." 

Taeyeon's eyes widen. He keep silent and let her talking. "I got an envelope that contain our memories. And i really want to let her know about it. Let see if we can see her eye smile again," nana said while she's glaring at Tiffany that still queueing up to buy coffee. 

Taeyeon went out from his office while still on the line with Nana. He went to Tiffany's room but it's empty. Taeyeon feel panic. He fasten his step and went to Jiyeon, asking for Tiffany using sign language. Thank goodness that girl understand him. 

"Tiffany went down to buy some coffee, Mr. Kim." 

Not bother to answer her, Taeyeon run towards the lift. He push the button rapidly. Tiffany can't get the envelope. That panic moment make him feel like the lift was taken its time longer than it suppose to. So he decide to take the stairs. 

He went down the stairs as fast as thunder. He much faster than the elevator. Between his breath, he said "Sht! Don't you dare Im Nana!" He knows that she still on the line. He continue to run down the stairs. Now he's wondering why his office was at the 18th floor. 

Nana that still observing her enemy from a far, smirking. Nana can hear Taeyeon catch his breath once in a while. She cut off the line because she knows that man must be on his way to the cafe. 

Taeyeon on the other part manage to get to the ground floor and run out from the building. He even bump into a staff that walk in front of him. All the staff wondering why did their boss was so rushing. 

The sweat started to form. His hair wet and he feel hot inside as Taeyeon was wearing a suit today. He could break the time record of he was in decathlon competition right now. Taeyeon cross the road and run into the cafe. He stop and start looking around. He saw his girlfriend were still queueing up and go stand beside her. 

Tiffany notice someone beside her then turn around and surprise to see Taeyeon was standing beside her while catching his breath. 

"Tae?," She look at him with innocent look. 

Taeyeon look up and give a forced smile. He didn't see any changes at her, that's mean she still didn't get the envelope yet. 

Didn't get his answer, Tiffany ask him more. "How do you know i was here?" 

Gosh. What he want to answer? He can't answer like "I come here because my ex blackmailing me and she wants us to break up," 

Taeyeon thought of something. "I-i want coffee too!" He point at the picture of coffee that were shown on the menu. 

Tiffany laugh. "You can just call me Tae. Why do you have to rush like this? See, you're sweating now" She said while wiping his sweat. 

After a moment, it is their turn. Tiffany order the coffee she wants and ask her boyfriend that was busy looking around the cafe. 

"Tae, what do you want?" 

Looking like he's zoning out, Tiffany hit him lightly. Taeyeon flinched and turn his head to her. 

"Yes Fany?" 

She sigh. "I'm asking you, what do you want?" 

Taeyeon look at the menu but none were interesting. In fact, he don't even have mood to drink anything right now. That is not his intention when he came to the cafe. 

"Just order anything Fany, I'll be fine." That is his final answer. Tiffany that wait for him let out a sigh. What's wrong with him today? Didn't he's the one want a coffee? At last Tiffany order hot latte for him since they're near to winter. 

They've finish ordering and now just have to wait for their order ready. Taeyeon still look around but he still didn't get to see Nana. He just saw some students that busy discussing, and also a woman wear a red hoodie busy playing with her phone. Just where did she hiding? 

His phone vibrate. Taeyeon took it out and saw a text message. The unknown number again. 

From: unknown number
To: Taeyeon 

You still look hot when you're sweating. Icy drink would be great instead a hot one after long run ;) 

Damn! How can she knows? Taeyeon clenched his teeth. He feel like being hunt now and he hate it. He didn't see anything suspicious except that woman wear a red hoodie. He look at her. And at the same time, she look at him too. Taeyeon saw she's smirking under her hoodie. He knows that is her.

Nana knows she has been spotted and she knows Taeyeon didn't dare to do anything to her since Tiffany was there. She hold up the envelope and show it to him. Knowing his anger has risen, Nana put the envelope on the table and left the cafe. 

At the same time, their order has ready. Tiffany take their drink and Taeyeon ask her to went back to the office first as he have something to do. Well of course it just his excuse. Taeyeon went quickly to the table after saw Tiffany left the cafe. He put the envelope inside his pocket and went back to his office.  

--

After the incident, Nana didn't call him back. And yeah, the envelope. Taeyeon take a look at it as soon as he's back to the office. Nana didn't lie, there are really picture when they're still together 5 years ago. That is not just pictures but it's their intimate picture. He really mad and tear all the pictures the throw it away. 

Taeyeon's mood swing all day and he don't even have focus in their meeting. Sunny has been babbling around for 20 minutes about their upcoming model recruiting programme but all she said was a waste because Taeyeon don't even listen to her. 

"So what can i say here, this programme  is a good programme for our brand promoting and also product marketing. Any question?" Sunny wrap her presentation. She turn to look at Taeyeon but all the man does is stare at the lcd slide that already blank. 

There are only 4 person in that meeting room including Taeyeon. And the rest was Sunny, Tiffany and Jiyeon since they're the important person in Sonexclusive. 

"Taeyeon?" Sunny call his name. But he still stay like a mannequin. 

All 3 of them look at him. "Mr. Kim?" Jiyeon call him too as she have to jot down anything he want to add about the programme. 

Sunny sit on her seat and wait for him. Maybe he did think of something. But he just quiet even after past 5 minutes. Sunny can't wait anymore. She slammed the table with her hand. 

"Kim Taeyeon!" She shout his name.  

Taeyeon flinched and near fell from his chair. He looks around. He still in the meeting room. He saw 3 of them were looking at him and of course, Sunny's eyes got fire in it. 

"Sorry, what did you said?" Taeyeon ask them. 

"I'm asking you whether you want to ask or add anything?" Sunny repeat her question. 

Taeyeon's mind blank. He can't remember anything that happen just now. "Ask about what?" 

Sunny let out a sigh. "Yah, I've been talking since the last 20 minutes. Where are you? Taeyeon, you're snapping out!" 

Taeyeon look around him. He saw the disappointment in 3 of them. He's feeling sorry and guilty. He sigh "I'm sorry, meeting dismiss." And walk out from the room. 

Tiffany and Jiyeon went back to their plae while Sunny follows Taeyeon back to his room. Taeyeon sit and massage his temple, still thinking how can he being distracted just because of Im Nana. 

Sunny knock the door. Taeyeon saw the reflection and know it was Sunny. He just make a hand sign and Sunny went into his room. Didn't have to ask her to sit, Sunny take a seat herself. 

"What's wrong with you Taeng? Something bothering you?" she ask. 

Taeyeon fix the way he sit and said "Nothing, I'm fine Sun. Maybe I'm just tired," He try to cover up. 

Sunny knows something is not right. Something bothering him. "Come on Taeng, you're zoning out. There must be something." 

Taeyeon look at her. He's been thinking whether he should or shouldn't tell Sunny about Nana. 

"Nothing Sunny, I'm fine." That's it. He decide not to tell her. 

Sunny can't force him anymore. She just get out from his room and left Taeyeon alone. 

-- 

Since that day, Nana always call Taeyeon and ask him to go out with her.  Taeyeon got no choice than follow her order as she threat to give the pictures or else Tiffany will be hurt. 

While Tiffany on the other side notice that Taeyeon has changed. They're no longer having lunch together, didn't went to the office together and Taeyeon even often went out at night now leave her alone. He still the loving man, but she feel like they're now...far from each other. 

"I'm sorry Fany-ah," that is the word Taeyeon will whisper to himself every night when he want to sleep. 


So, look like Nana has start her evil plan. Taeyeon got caught between 2.  He didn't want Tiffany get hurt by Nana but he didn't know that Tiffany already being hurt by his behaviour. So read and comment! And don't throw bricks at me ><