XLI

The Ice Has Melted

AT TAEYEON’S OFFICE

Taeyeon’s mood really swing today. He met his ex- girlfriend who act like nothing happen 5 years ago and now who’s giving his girlfriend a bouquet of flower? His mind drifted away thinking of that person and also Nana. Why must they met now? When he already happy with someone else? When he already gives his heart to another girl? She act like she never hurt him before. Like they’re still together. Her charms, her smile… it’s all the same. And she dare to say she miss him after what he has been through in this 5 years. Going through a depression. Not an ordinary but a serious depression. They have tried many way to treat him but he’ll be the same. At that time, he doesn’t even look like human at all. He much more look like a man that already lose of hope and just waiting for his death. And now he realizes that he already troubled many people. They always trying to cure him but in his mind he only thought about her, Im Nana. Well, too dumb to realize Kim Taeyeon.

 

AT TIFFANY’S OFFICE ROOM

Tiffany can’t stay still. She still remember how Taeyeon’s expression when saw her hold the flower happily. She showed her bright smile to him and thanked him. Well, she only thought of him when she received the flower. She didn’t read the card first! Aish pabo Tiffany! And why would he waited to give her the flower at the office when they’re already together since morning? Ah why she didn’t thought about that first? Now you’ve made he got mad. Great Fany, great. Nice one. Pft.

And the KY? Who the hell is it? Why does KY gives her the flower? She don’t even know who is KY is!

She then throw the flower into the trash and massage her temple, feeling headache when she think about that person.

She just continue doing her work. But sometimes she’ll stop and think about Taeyeon. Did he still mad or not?

--

Few minutes doing her work, Tiffany can’t focus anymore. That’s it. She throw away her pencil. She can’t stop thinking about him. So she decide to go to his room. But before that, she go to pantry to make drink for him. Ice latte.

--

Taeyeon look up when his room being knocked.

“Come in” He said. But after that, he continue to look down at his sketches. Didn’t bother who was coming in.

“Hey” He look up once again when he hear the voice. He saw Tiffany stand in front of his table holding a drink.

“Yes Tiffany-ssi? Anything I can help you?” He’s trying to stabilize his voice and also trying not to burst out his anger. Calm Taeyeon, calm. Relax.

“Tae… I-” She didn’t care to be formal anymore. She just wants to explain everything to him now.

Before she can finish her word, Taeyeon cut her off. He already knows what she gonna say. So he cut her off.

“Wait.” Taeyeon then take the remote control and push the button on it.

In a few seconds, the office window blind shutting down. Taeyeon’s room become a bit dim. Luckily, there is a wide window that facing outwards. Now, no one can see them because all of the window has been covered.

“Let’s sit over there.” He pointed at the sofa at the right side of his office. He wants it more comfortable for them to talk. Come on, this is not a formal thing.

Tiffany just follow his order. She sit on the sofa and put the ice latte on the coffee table in front.

Before Taeyeon make his way to Tiffany, he went to lock the door. Afraid somebody will barge in his room. Yeah that somebody is of course Sunny. She kinda have habit of not knocking the door first.

Finish lock the door, he went to sit with Tiffany. He sit beside her and now looking at her with expressionless face.

“Finish what you want to say just now.”

“I didn’t know that the flowers is from someone else. I thought it was from you. I’m sorry Tae…” Tiffany said. She look down after finish her words.

Taeyeon didn’t mad at her. He was just mad at the sender. Who dare send flower to her?  That man gonna die if he did that again.

“Nothing to be sorry Fany. I didn’t get mad with you. In fact, I was the one who was sorry. I was mad without reason.”

Tiffany then tell him everything. From what the card is written about and finally the sender name.

“So the sender just write his initials? Didn’t state his name?” Tiffany answer his question with nodding her head.

“What’s the initial?” Tiffany try to remember the sender’s initial.

“The first letter is K… there is one more. Wait. Ah! I remember, the second later is Y. KY yes I’m sure it’s KY.”

“KY? Who the heck is KY was? If he said that he likes you, why don’t he write his name instead of using the initial? Heh did he a fainthearted or what?” He said after hear her answer.

While Tiffany just s shrug her shoulder.

Taeyeon still thinking who is the KY was. The initial seems familiar to him. Wait!

“I think I know who is KY Fany-ah”

“You know? Really Tae? Who is it then?”

“It’s Kwon Yuri.”

Tiffany’s eyes widen. Yuri? Why can’t she have thought about him? Well, he’s not important to her though. But if it was true that he was the sender, why did he write that he likes her?

“But in the card says, he…-”

“Likes you. I know.” Taeyeon interrupt.

“Well if he’s the one that send it, that’s mean he’s being real right now.” He said again.

“What do you mean by being real Tae? I don’t understand.” What does his mean here?

“He likes you Fany. He really likes you. He told me before, even before we’re together.”

“What?” She can’t believe it.

“Maybe you should consider about him Fany-ah. Hahaha.” He joked with her.

“Yah Kim Taeyeon. I only love you okay!” She hate hearing Taeyeon like that. Love is not a game you can played with and heart is not a toy.

“Shhh! If you talk too loud, others might hear you. We’re in office remember baby?” Taeyeon put his index finger on his lips as sign to slow down her voice.

She pinch his lap and said:

“Then don’t you ever joked like that again. I hate it.” She said.

Taeyeon flinched. This woman really have crab hand. Like to pinch here and there.

“Arasso. I’m sorry Fany-ah. Let’s continue our work alright?” Tiffany just nodded and make her way to door when she suddenly turn back to Taeyeon.

“Ah, don’t forget to drink that okay? I did it for you. And about the Yuri thing… are we gonna do anything?”

Taeyeon stand and walk towards her. He grab her hand and said:

“Don’t worry, I know what I’m going to do.”

Hearing his answer, Tiffany worry. This guy is unpredictable, who knows he might do something stupid.

Tiffany look into his eyes and reply back.

“Don’t do anything that will ruin your friendship okay? Promise me?” She knows how long that Taeyeon had been friend with them. She wouldn’t like to see their friendship ruined just because of this matter.

Taeyeon feel touched with her concerned.

“I promise you Fany-ah.” He promise to her and kissed her forehead.

Before Tiffany went out, Taeyeon got to whisper something to her.

“I love you Fany-ah. See you at home.”

She let out her eye smile.

“I love you too.” She wave her hand and left the room.

Taeyeon back to his table with ice latte in his hand. He take a sip of it and smile thinking of the taste. It was so sweet and creamy.

He thought of something. Taeyeon take his phone out and dial a number and wait for the receiver to answer his call. Few seconds, finally the receiver respond to his call.

“Yes Taeng?”

“Hey buddy!”

“Whoa you sound so happy Taeng! Any good news?”

“Did I be too obvious? Hahaha. Ah let’s forget about me first Hyo. I’ll tell you later.”

“Aish can’t wait to know what the good news about. So what’s with the sudden call?”

“Let’s hang out tonight. Inform the others too okay?”

“Really? Why so suddenly? Alright, I’ll inform others then. Who’s treat?”

“I miss hanging out with you guys. Ey my treat of course Hyo.”

“Great! See you tonight bruh!”

He cut off the line. That’s it. He smirk after cut of the line. He just want to see Yuri though actually. Hanging out? It just a bait. 

Let’s see what will happen tonight. 


hey! so it's a short update. i got free time today, so thinking of update it instead of update it on weekend xD. i know how all of you waiting for it. so do read it okay? ^^

is it true, its yuri the sender? what will happen tonight? will both yul and taeng fight or they will keep calm? and what is taeng's plan?

Stay tuned!