LIV

The Ice Has Melted

When Taeyeon wants to close his eyes, his phone suddenly ringing. He wonder who called him when he already warned all his friends to not disturb him when he was in Jeonju. He grab the phone that was put at the table and take a look at the caller. His eyes widen when saw the caller and pick it up quickly. 

"Fany?" That is his first word when he answer the call. Why would she call him when they're in the same house? 

While Tiffany on the other line feel relieved when her boyfriend answer her call. Well at least he still wants to answer her even though he's hurt. 
"Tae, I'm sorry." She's feeling guilty towards him today. She didn't even get time to talk to her boyfriend. She was busy with Mark instead Taeyeon. Only God knows how she want to talk and get a warm hug from him right now. 

Taeyeon feel surprise when Tiffany suddenly say sorry to him. "What's wrong with the sudden sorry baby?" 

"I know you hurt." That's it. One sentence makes from her makes Taeyeon flashback all the thing happen today. Yes, he didn't mad but he's hurt. 

He smile when thinking about all of that. She did think about him actually. "It's okay Fany-ah. But why we're on the phone? You can just come to me right?" He feels weird suddenly. 

"No, I can't go to you now Tae. Mark and dad were still talking outside." 

Taeyeon get up from his bed and ready to go to her location but stop when hear her "Where are you now?" 

"I excuse myself to go to my room. I want to check on you actually but their eyes keep following me. I can't do anything." 

He let out a sigh. He never thought asking for approval would be this hard. "Ugh. Did your dad always go this hard with your boyfriend?" 

"I never brought any man meet dad before. You're the first one silly," Tiffany  smile by herself when heard her answer. Taeyeon is the first man and she would like he to be the last man she brought to meet her dad. 

Taeyeon smile hearing to her answer. So he is the first? He feel proud somehow. "Really?" 

Tiffany blushing "Yup." Luckily Taeyeon was not there with her or not he'll see her red face. 

Just when Taeyeon want to talk, he heard Mark shouting from downstairs, asking Tiffany to went down and join them. He sigh. 

"Seems like you've to go. Right?" He said with a sorrow tone. 

Tiffany's smile vanished. Not only Taeyeon but she also feel disappoint. "I'm sorry Tae, i want to talk to you more. Really. But you know..." 

"It's okay Fany, i understand. You better go before your clingy cousin barge into your room, hahahaha" he laugh at the other line. 

She too, laughing when heard he call Mark as 'Clingy cousin' but it was kinda true though. She stop laughing and get back to serious tone. "But really, i hope all this thing will end soon. Till that time, my man must be strong okay? Bye, i love you Tae." 

He's smiling. Yes, he's her man so he must be able to accept all thing. "Bye, i love you too Fany-ah" the line then cut off. 

Now Taeyeon can sleep with peace and smile. He really think that Tiffany's action by calling to check on him was sweet. Even though they can't see each other but she make an effort for him. 

 While Tiffany on the other room glad that her boyfriend was okay and he can smile back. She really hope he can endure all this. Not taking much time anymore, she went downstairs quickly to join her 'clingy' cousin and her dad. 

-- 

The next day, Mr. Hwang didn't wake Taeyeon up to go to the farm. He know it would be too much if he keep on pushing him. But hold right there, the 'torture' doesn't stop here. He got another plan for him at the festival later on. 

They having breakfast like usual and Mark is the first one to break the silence. 

"Hey Tiff, there's festival today. Wanna check it out?" He said while munching his sandwich. 

Tiffany reply him "Oh yes, it will be great! Then all of us will go later on." 

"vous voulez l'emmener?" Mark said after have a sip of orange juice. ((You want to bring him along?))

Taeyeon that being silent just listen to their conversation while munching the food. They were speaking in English fluently and he stop when be heard Mark speaking in different language. He knows it french and he can understand it. So he just let out a small smile. 

In fact he also fluent in talking 5 languages including his mother language and English. Since he was dealing with many international investor, he must learn to speak their language instead using translator. Within that time, he managed to learn another 3 language which is Japanese, Chinese and of course French.

"What do you mean? Of course! Je ne vais pas sans lui." Tiffany answer him and shot a glare. ((I'll not going without him))

While for Tiffany, she learn French along with Mark in their university. She want to learn Spanish but go along with his choice since he was so excited at that time. 

Mr. Hwang just look at the both cousin and shook his head once in a while. He left the table after finish his breakfast. He has to go to farm to check on the final preparation. 

"Want come and help me Taeyeon?" He offer Taeyeon. He just want to see whether he still want to follow him after yesterday. 

Taeyeon quickly finish up his breakfast and follow Mr. Hwang. Don't know where did he got the courage but he really want to play the game now. No matter it's Mr. Hwang nor that clingy guy. 

Tiffany surprise seeing her boyfriend willing to follow her father after all things he had done. While Taeyeon doesn't have problem in leaving Tiffany with her cousin because he know he can trust his girlfriend. 

-- 

"Is there any work can i do Mr. Hwang?" Taeyeon ask him as soon as they arrive at the farm. 

Before he got to answer him, Shinwoo come approach them. After he have greet Mr. Hwang, he change his sight to Taeyeon. "Yah Taeyeon-ah, why you didn't come here earlier?" 

"I-i..." Taeyeon being cut off by Mr. Hwang. 

"I'm the one didn't wake him up. He just help you until yesterday. Today, he's going to be with me." Mr. Hwang explain. 

Shinwoo nod and get back to his work. While Taeyeon smile when heard his answer. 

Mr. Hwang than take him walk around the farm to let him see the busyness and the preparation for the festival. While they were walking, Mr. Hwang did ask him a few question about their relationship. But this time, he become more soft. 

"So how long have you been together?" 

Taeyeon that busy looking at the working people turn to him as he answer. "We've been together about 6 months Mr. Hwang. I know it's a short period, but i..." 

Again he's being cut off. "It's okay, I'm just asking. Don't be panic." 

Taeyeon feel weird. Why does suddenly he become soft to him? So he just nod to him. 

Didn't finish yet with his question, Mr. Hwang continue his 'interview'. "Did my daughter ever give you trouble?" 

Taeyeon quickly answer him and wave his hand. "No no, she never trouble me. In fact, she did help me a lot."

Mr. Hwang nodded to his answer and continue to walk around and checking on his worker. While Taeyeon really want to ask him this one question. He didn't want to be accepted alone. He also want Sarang to be accepted. 

"Um Mr. Hwang, do you mind if i ask your opinion?" 

The old man nod and give the sign for him to further his question. 

"What do you think if your daughter marry a man who have a child?" 

Mr. Hwang stopped his step. He never expect Taeyeon would ask him that kind of question. "What do you mean? He's a single father?" 

"Ah no, he's not married yet but he have an adopted child." Taeyeon carefully explain. 

"Is that person is you?" He shoot him back. 

Taeyeon gulp. He don't know whether want to be honest or not. He didn't want his relationship to end here. But at the same time, he didn't want to ruin Sarang's life. But when to think, better be honest than lying. So Taeyeon nod weakly. 

Mr. Hwang didn't said anything. He just continue to walk. Taeyeon still follow behind him. Is he make a wrong move? He feel worried since the old man didn't said anything. 
Mr. Hwang already know everything and he doesn't mind it actually. It just, he feel touched because despite his love, Taeyeon also didn't forget about his daughter. He discover 2 things in him right now. A honest and responsible man. 

"It doesn't matter, having a child is not a problem. If you manage to take care of a child who have more temperament, that's mean you're also capable to take care of my daughter. She can be a child too sometimes"  The old man laugh and continue to walk, leaving Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon shocked. Did he just agree? Really he doesn't mad about Sarang? Taeyeon run after him and ask again, want a confirmation. "Are you okay with it? Jinjja? I mean you didn't mad with it?" 

The old man stop walking again and turn to Taeyeon that wait for his answer. "Taeyeon-ah, I don't have any reason to be mad. It was a good job for you having an adopted child. It's a rare thing for man to do that, but you did it. I was proud of you actually, okay?" He then pat Taeyeon's back and let out a smile. This time, it was a big smile. 

"What's her name?" 

"It's Sarang, Kim Sarang."

"Sarang? She must be lovable." 

Taeyeon nod to him. 

Without waiting for Taeyeon to reply, he just pull him along and continue to walk again. They met some old folks that still work there, they greet Mr. Hwang and Taeyeon has been introduced as his future son-in law. In fact, they're already know him since yesterday. They said Taeyeon is being respectful and also have a big hand. He offer to help them yesterday even though he got a lot of work to do. 

Feeling happy inside, he really want to tell Tiffany right now. Both of them went back early today and on their way going home, Taeyeon is the one who driving. In that time, they talk a lot about Sarang and his family even though Mr. Hwang has know the answer. Taeyeon answer every of his question honestly. He also dis ask about Tiffany and Sarang interaction. Since he knows Tiffany is not so good with children, he afraid she can't handle it but the answer Taeyeon give him is a surprise and he glad her daughter can cooped with Sarang. 

--
THAT NIGHT

3 of them went to the festival without Mr. Hwang. The old man said he'll go later on so Taeyeon, Tiffany and Mark will be going first. For the first time since the couple be at Jeonju, they get to be together. Taeyeon keep on  holding her hand even there is few times Mark try to pull her away. He can see Mark annoyed with him. 

They walk and pass the stall that have many plushy toy. Tiffany stop walking when she saw a totoro doll. That plushy toy always being her favourite since she was little. 

"Tae, i want that." She point at the plushy toy. 

Taeyeon stop and see what she pointing at and so do Mark. The man said that they've to shoot all the fruits down if they want the plushy. It can't be sold. 

"Alright, I'll get it for you Fany-ah." Taeyeon said while he tell the man to get things ready. 

Mark on the other side also want to get the toy for her. So he also join the game. "Nah, I'll get it for her." 

"She ask from me, so I'll get it for her." Taeyeon said and let out a bitter smile. 

"Heh, wanna have a match?" Mark said and smirk at him. 

"Fine. Come on." Taeyeon hate being challenged. Plus, it involving his girlfriend. Both of them get ready for the shooting match. 

Tiffany look at the both men. She shook her head looking at their behaving. "Are you seriously guys..."  But both of them ignore her and continue with the match. 

Taeyeon set his eyes to the fruits arranged. He have to shoot it down more than that clingy guy. While Mark also set the same thing. Tiffany see both of them like really in a shooting competition. 

They start to shoot when the man blow the whistle. Taeyeon get to shoot down the fruits first while Mark struggling in using the fake gun. He's not good in using it while Taeyeon already used it as he always go practice shooting with Yuri. Taeyeon smiling as he know he can win against that guy. 

Few minutes of intense shooting match, the man give the totoro plushy toy to Tiffany. She smiling and thanked to those who win. And if course its Taeyeon. This time, it's his turn to make Mark pissed off. 

"Je vous ai dit que je peux obtenir que pour elle." ((I told you i can get it for her)) Taeyeon said with slumber tone and pull his girlfriend away. 

He turn back to Mark and said "Oh not forget to tell you, le meilleur gagne." ((The best man win)) 

Mark jaw dropped and now he's the one being left behind. 

"You know french?" Tiffany said while they were walking. 

Taeyeon just smile and winked at her. 

Taeyeon 1 Mark 0. 


Hey guys! So look like Mr. Hwang have finish with his test and now Taeyeon try to beat Mark down. Maybe the next chapter will be the last chapter for Taeyeon's torture? We'll see. Keep reading and comment! You know how author love to read the comment while you guys love read the story. ^^