LXVI

The Ice Has Melted

Tiffany that still crying after Taeyeon left now being comfort by Seohyun and Jessica. While Yuri run after Taeyeon that already out from the restaurant. Tiffany then has been brought to Jessica’s room.

 

IN JESSICA ROOM

Jessica offer her arms to Tiffany and hug her. she knows how hurt her best friend was. Well, who doesn’t? The person you love didn’t remember you and even push you away.

“Be patient unnie, we’ll always be there with you. Sshh,” Seohyun pat Tiffany’s back.

Tiffany can’t say anything more. She feels really stupid right now. Things become more worst after she leave. Now her loved ones don’t even recognize nor know her.  

“Its’ because of me, he always hurt because of me!” Tiffany said while sobbing.

Jessica break the hug and shake Tiffany’s shoulder. “Listen, it’s not your fault Tiff! Don’t blame yourself,”

“Yes, it is Jess! I always give him bad luck! He got beaten, he got hurt and sacrifice himself for me! Maybe we shouldn’t have met at all!” Tiffany reply her. She’s being negative right now. Tiffany thought that accepting Taeyeon in her life is a mistake because she keep on brought a trouble to him.

“Tiffany!”

“Unnie!”

Seohyun and Jessicca shout at the same time.

“Sica unnie was right. It’s not your fault, unnie. There must be a reason in everything happen. Everything that oppa did that is because he love you. You’re not a bad luck for him. You brought him a life. You’re the greatest thing happen to him. Remember that okay?” Seohyun said while wipe Tiffany’s teary cheeks.

“Don’t think anything Tiffy. Taeyeon be like that because he was sick. That is why we must help him to make him remember again. Don’t you want to be with him again?” Jessica’s turn to ask her.

Tiffany no longer crying after listen to Seohyun’s word. She just nod to Jessica’s question. Of course she want to be with Taeyeon again. She wants to be with him forever if possible, but she didn’t want Taeyeon to be hurt because of her.

--

On the other situation, Yuri was run after Taeyeon. Taeyeon didn’t went back to his room but went to the beach instead. It was breezy and cold. Sarang still crying and whimper to him as she was pulled away from Tiffany earlier.

“I want to go to mommy! Sarang want mommy! Daddy is bad!” Sarang keep on whimper the same thing to him ever since she was pulled out from the restaurant.

“Enough Sarang,” Taeyeon try to stop her but the little girl didn’t listen to him.

Hearing she keep whimper about Tiffany, Taeyeon become annoyed then release the little girl’s hand. “I said enough Kim Sarang! What’s wrong with you?!” his face changed become fierce. Taeyeon feels burden and stress because he can’t even remember a thing and people around him put a lot of hope to him and that makes he feel like a burden to them.

“Listen here, she’s not your mommy! I’m your daddy and your mommy. It’s me, not her! you don’t even have a mommy!” He yell at the little girl. While Sarang stop whimper and just cry.

“Just why anyone never understand me? I can’t remember anything and I don’t know her! I’ve try my best to remember, but it was useless! I don’t know anymore! Argh!” he said while shaking the crying little girl body.

Sarang continue to cry and hit the angry Taeyeon. “Sarang got a mom and she is my mommy! I hate daddy!” she then run away from him.

Taeyeon realize that he has make a mistake after being hit by his daughter. “Oh my God, what I’ve done…”

Yuri saw everything and chase Sarang that already run along the beach. Taeyeon can’t run after her since his leg still didn’t recover yet. He saw Yuri after his daughter so Taeyeon just follow him from behind. Yuri managed to catch up with Sarang and bring her back to Jessica and the others. Taeyeon didn’t follow him along and just stay at the cold beach.

When Yuri is back from sending the little girl, he still saw Taeyeon sit by himself at the beach, playing with the sand. So he take a seat beside him.

“Hey Taeng,”

Taeyeon look up and see his best friend smile at him. He lowered his head. “You heard everything right?” Taeyeon was sure that Yuri heard everything that he said to Sarang just now because there’s no one at the beach just now and suddenly he come to run after Sarang. So he must be following them since at the restaurant.

“I know that is not you who talking. That is not what you mean,”

Taeyeon turn to Yuri. “But I hurt my precious one. She must really hate me now,”

Yuri let out a warm smile. “No, good or bad you still her dad who take care of her since she’s a baby. We’ll comfort her later on. Now let’s go back. It’s already late.” Yuri stand up and ready to go back to the room but Taeyeon still stay there.

“Taeng…?”

“Go first Yul, I’ll be up later on. I want to be here for a while.”

Yuri understand and leave him there alone at the cold beach.

--

Tiffany went down to the beach after stop crying. She manage to comfort the crying Sarang too and leave the girl after fell asleep on her lap. Tiffany went to the beach alone because she want to take the fresh night air and also look at the moon. Just at the time when she went there, the sun started to set and showed yellowish sky. She walk on the sand, accompanied by the cold wind. While she was walking barefoot, suddenly Tiffany step on a something sharp. Since the sun already set, she can’t see properly. So she just assume it was a something common. Tiffany keep on walking at the beach but stop when she feel the pain is growing. The sea water that flowing at her feet make the wound become more sting and pain. Tiffany groaned and just bent down to look at her feet. The cold sea water already make her pants wet. She really can’t walk right now.

Taeyeon that still sit at the same spot want to get up when suddenly saw someone sit at the seashore. “Is she crazy or what? it’s a cold beach though.” Taeyeon want walk back to his room but stop and turn back, he saw the woman still stay there. So he decided to take a look at her. 

“Excuse me, are you okay? Why are you sitting here?”

Tiffany look up when heard someone talk to her. She was surprise to see Taeyeon stand in front of her. She was speechless.

And Taeyeon was surprise to see her too. “You? Yah, don’t you feel cold sitting there? Look, your cloth become wet,”

“I-i… auch,” She hold onto her wounded feet. The salty sea water flowing at her wounded feet make it more hurt.

Taeyeon saw Tiffany hold her feet, then bent down to her. He push her hand away and look at it. “Let me see that,”

She let Taeyeon look at it and surprise at his next action. Taeyeon lift her up in bridal style. He didn’t mind about his legs anymore. what does he think that time is he can’t let her stay there alone at the cold beach.  He brought her to a dry and bright place. He take a look at it once again. Not only blood that still flowing out, she’s actually step on a broken glass.

“Look at this, how can you step on broken glass. Can’t you see it?”

Tiffany shake her head.

He let out a sigh. “Haih, you’re a clumsy girl. Here, let me take out the broken glass.” Taeyeon pull out a handkerchief from his pocket and ready to take the glass out. He look at her. Tiffany close her eyes. “It will be hurt a bit. Bear it okay?”  

Taeyeon successfully take the broken glass out and wrap the wound with the handkerchief. He then left Tiffany alone. Tiffany feel confuse. Few minutes after that, Taeyeon come back with a bottle of water and first aid kit. He actually went to ask for the first aid kit at the hotel staff.

“Oh you come back, left something?” She ask him.

Taeyeon sit and shake his head. He still maintained his expressionless face and open the first aid kit. The handkerchief that cover the wound has been removed and replaced by a proper bandage. Taeyeon also clean the wound first before wrap it up. Tiffany look at her bandaged feet and let out a small smile.

Taeyeon done pack the first aid kit and put it aside. He then open up the bottle and give it to Tiffany. “Here, drink this.”

Tiffany take it and drink the water. She close the lid and put it down after finish. “Thank you Tae,”

Taeyeon look at the smiling Tiffany and nod to her. “What? Do you think I would leave you there alone with wounded feet? I’m not that cruel, just want to let you know.” Taeyeon pull up his hoodie. But then he saw she shivering.

Taeyeon then take off his sweater and cover up her wet pants. Tiffany look at him, feeling surprised with his action. “Bb-ut how about you then?”

“Me? I’m fine with it.” he said while brush his bare arms. He did feel cold but she’s his priority right now.

They keep quiet for about half an hour and just look at the lonely sea before Taeyeon started to speak.

“So um, is it true?”

Tiffany look at him and give a curious look. “True about… what?”

“They said you’re my… girlfriend. Jinjja?” He said bluntly.

Tiffany didn’t know whether wants to nod or denied it. While Taeyeon still wait for her answer. He feel weird why she didn’t answer his question. He thought of something. “Why are you quiet? Did we have break up?”

Tiffany quickly shake her head.

“Then? Why don’t you answer me? Tell me, I want to know.”  

“First thing first, why did you think you’ll believe my words? I can lie to you, or maybe have bad intention to you.”

For the first time since they met again, Taeyeon smile to her. “I’ll believe the person that already convinced my family and make my daughter happy also my friends. Now tell me,”Tiffany take a breath before she tells him about them. She tells him what happen before and answer his question about her disappearance before this. While she tell him about how she saw him with Nana before she left makes his head hurt. But this time, he can control it and just listen to her carefully. Tiffany then stop after few minutes talking.

“So that is what happen before. They said I’ve been hit by a car when cross the road, so I may assume that I was chasing you at that time… right?”

Tiffany nod. “I’m sorry, if only you didn’t run after me…”

Taeyeon put his index finger on her lips, preventing her to speak more. “No, I was the one make you run away. I hurt you, I’m sorry.”

Tiffany then tell him more things as Taeyeon asked her to tell him more about them. But he can’t take too much thing. His head hurt so much and Tiffany walked him to the room. 

 


so here another update for today! i've promised you isn't? okay here an early reminder : i maybe not update the story frequently like usual because the new semester has begin, so please wait for it! thank you! ^^