I

The Ice Has Melted

TIFFANY POV 

I woke up this morning grinning happily as I look at the sunshine through my window. “What a great scenery today” I said while smiling and stretch myself on the bed. But my happiness stopped when i glared at the clock on my table lamp. It showed “7 am”. “Ohmy god, i’m already late! damn it!”. I shout. I must be too tired from yesterday activity until I don’t realise today is my first day of work. Yes, it my first day work and I don’t want to be late but unfortunately I AM already late! What a great start Tiffany!.

I am Tiffany Hwang, a 26 years old lady who is born in Los Angeles and lived in California. I spend most of my life in California and as I remember I only came to Korea for family occassion or for fashion show. Oh ya not to forget I graduated in fashion course and majoring in fashion designing. Its been my dream to be a fashion designer since I was little. After graduated, I worked at the Kate Spade New York. Kate Spade is one of the brand that hiring my university graduates. As we know Kate Spade always release many latest design in clothing, shoes, accesories and not to forget, handbags. So I am buzy and got no time to think about anything else than my work. Sometimes I even did not have time to meet my family. Out before sunrise and back after everybody hit the sack. Hectic isn’t? Well it is. But it worth it. But day by day, my life begin to be mess since my father had returned back to Korea because he said he want to spend his old days at his origin and I can’t take it anymore. I’m not used being away from my father. I don’t mind if  he just moved to another city, but come on he’s going to be miles away from me. So I decided to resign and find another job at another place. My friend recommend a job to me which is suit my taste, a designer. And here I am right now, at Korea. Alright, enough for the introduction. Let’s get back to the story.

I quickly get up from the bed, grabbed the towel and rushed to the bathroom. I can’t spend too much time in the bathroom like I usually did because I don’t have much time.            Only took less than 15 minutes, I get out from the bathroom with towel covered my body and make quick step to my closet. Since today was my first day of work, I choose to wear a business casual outfit. I’m wearing navy bi-stretch skinny ankle pants and white raised stripe henley shirt. Intentionally, I leave the top shirt button open. Enough with the outfit, I dried my hair and tied it in messy bun. I just wear a simple make up and put on red lipstick as the point of my make up. Then I grabbed my handbag and not to forget my sketching bag. I walked out of my room rushingly toward the front door, grabbed the car key and put on my heels. I quicken my path to the elevator and push the button to the basement.

As I walked out of the elevator, I unlocked my car and start the engine. Quickly drove out from the building and went to the main road. I’m driving carefully when suddenly my phone ringing. I quickly take out my phone from handbag and saw the caller id. “Jessica”. I answer the call.

“Hello” I spoke.

“Hi Tiff ! How is your work? Everything is fine right?” She asked.

“How I want to know its fine or not if I’m not even reached the office yet Jess” I replied with the deep sigh.

“What?!” She screamed through the phone.

“Ouch! That’s hurt Jess! Don’t screamed out your dolphin voice at this early morning! Aish!” I shouted back while my left hand fumbling through my seat to find earphone. While I put my head to look down for a while, Jessica keep nagging and I don’t hear it well. I have to keep driving, when I lift back my head to see infront, I was surprised to see a red traffic light and at the same time, my car moved towards the front of the car that have stopped.

“Aaaaahhhhhh!” I screamed

In panic, I pressed down my brakes but unfortunately its too late. I already hit the back of the front car. I’m stunned and keep quiet for a while. I can hear Jessica shouting at the other line.

“Why? What’s wrong Tiff?! Are you okay?! Tiff, Tiffany! answer me!”

“I’m fine Jess. Look, I’ll call you back later.” I cut off the line, leaving the girl in confused.

I saw the owner of the car that I hit get out from his car. Yes, he is a man.

“Oh my god, now what I’m gonna do?” I mumbled to myself. My mind stop when I heard someone knocked my door repeatedly.

*tok-tok-tok*

I saw a well dressed man knocking my door with an angry face.