LIX

The Ice Has Melted

Tiffany stop running after she realised Taeyeon is not run after her anymore. She take a cab and went to Hangang Park. She want some peace right now. Her tears won't stop coming out ever since she was in the cab. Picture of Taeyeon were hugging and holding Nana's hand didn't vanish from her mind. No wonder he looks awkward when they met at the restaurant before. He also look panic whenever Nana say something. 

As soon as she arrived, Tiffany walk helplessly along the way. There were not many people because it was raining and she can see some people were running to avoid rain but here she is, walking alone and let the rain pour on her. She was crying by herself in the rain. No one can't see she's walking there as the rain become heavy time by time. 

She was thinking about her love life. Why does bad thing always happen to her when she's already happy? She got her first love 5 years ago but it was only a game. She open her heart back 5 years after that and she got cheat? Tiffany scream out of her lungs in the rain. 

-- 
AT THE SAME TIME AT HOSPITAL

Taeyeon was rushed to the hospital after being hit by car. He now on the stretcher, being pulled into the emergency room. 

A doctor and a resident were running quickly while talking. 

"Alan, report."

"A 27 male patient, being hit by a car. Suspected of TBI also fractured ribs and ankle." 

Dr. Park Seo Joon who is a neurologist rushing to the emergency room with the resident, Dr. Lee Alan. When he arrived there,  patient already unconscious. He take a look at the X-ray film that showed Taeyeon's brain structure and diagnose it. He saw a blood clot near his brain. Taeyeon need to be operate as soon as possible. As soon as it was diagnosed, Dr. Seo Joon said, "Prepare the OR. I'm going to do the surgery first," 

Dr. Alan the intern nod and quickly make his way out from the room.

"Don't forget to ask someone from orthopaedic department to come here!" Dr. Park Seo Joon shout to Alan. 

"YES!" 

The emergency department always chaos and busy. Yelling and shouting was their daily basis. 

Dr. Im Yoona come to the emergency room after received an order. She went in and saw a familiar male patient laid on the bed. She then being greet by the neurologist. 

"Oh Dr. Im Yoona, you've came." 

She turn and saw Dr. Park Seo joon handed a file to her. "This is the report of the patient. He was diagnosed from TBI and need a surgery." Yoona read the report. Not only TBI, he also got some bone fractured. 

He continue again. "I'll do the surgery first. You can prepare after me." 

Yoona nod and continue to read the report. She read his personal information. 

"Kim Taeyeon? Um sound familiar..." 

Ding! She remember that Taeyeon was her patient once. She help him to cure his knee injury few months ago. And now she see him once again but this time it was more serious. She wonder what happen to him actually. He was a nice and good man. 

Taeyeon was brought to the OR  and Dr. Park Seo Joon prepared for the surgery. While he was being operated, his family being informed about his situation. Taeyeon's mother collapsed after heard the news, didn't believe of what has happen to her son. 

--
All Taeyeon's family member except Sarang come to hospital as soon as they being informed. Mrs. Kim didn't stop crying and pray for her son. While Mr. Kim try to hold his tears and keep on calmed his wife. Hayeon on the other side crying too when think about her brother and there is sometime Hyoyeon will pat her back, asking her to be strong. 

Hyoyeon has informed all their friends and the first person to come was Seohyun since she's working there. Followed by Yuri and Jessica that come straight right after finish her work at the office. Sunny is the last person came since she has to settle thing down with the international investor. She can't stay still during their meeting and really hope they could finish quickly. 

"How this can happen oppa?" Seohyun ask as soon she saw Hyoyeon. 

"I don't know Seohyun-ah. I was not there. But uncle said Taeng being hit by a car." He answer. That is all they know for now. 

The same being questioned by Yuri, Jessica and Sunny. And again, Hyoyeon also give them the same answer as that's the only information they have. While they were all waiting for Taeyeon that already be in the OR for about 3 hours. Jessica suddenly speak up: 

"Where is Tiffany?" 

All of them look up. She was right. No one see her ever since they're all arrive. 

"Maybe she didn't know about this yet. Call her Sica-yah!" Yuri said.  

Jessica nod and dial Tiffany's number. Few minutes waiting, still no answer from her. Jessica didn't stop. She keep on calling her best friend but all she got was a voicemail message. After more than 10 calls, Jessica stop. 

"Have you call her? What did she said?"  Sunny ask Jessica that make her away to them. She excuse herself to call Tiffany at another side just now. 

Jessica can't hide her disappointment. She shook her head. "I've been calling her many times but she didn't answer me." 

Everyone was surprised. Is there something happen to her too? Yuri went to check for Tiffany along with Jessica. They both then went to Taeyeon's house. 

***


Tiffany went home after spending an hour walking in the rain. While she was going home, she heard her phone ringing and saw Jessica is the caller. She don't have any mood to talk to anybody right now. So she put it in silent mode. She's already prepared if saw Taeyeon later on. But as soon as she unlock the door, she didn't see Taeyeon downstairs nor upstairs. She use the chance of Taeyeon's absence to pack her things. 

Tiffany went into Taeyeon's room to take her belongings. She's been staying there since that night. The room smell like Taeyeon and that makes she burst into tears once again. Looking around the room while take her belongings, she remembered how many memories has they created there.  

When she's taking all her make up set on the dressing table, she remembered how Taeyeon always wear his tie and check on his outfit in front of the mirror.  Tiffany moved to the walking closet. That is where he kiss her for the last time, where she be in his arm for the last time earlier today. Finish taking all her clothes, she put it on the bed. Again, her tears fall. 

Tiffany packed her things accompanied by tears. Tiffany finish packing her things after about 20 minutes. Before she went out from the house, she went to the 'mystery room' where the first time she saw the sleeping Taeyeon and also her first day stay at his house. She stare at the blank canvas, brushes and the couch then close the door back. Mini cinema room was her second destination. She look around the room and saw the Totoro doll being put on the lazy couch. She recap how Taeyeon compete with Mark to get that doll.

She went downstairs. Look around the living room and kitchen where they always have chasing game and she'll get locked by Taeyeon at the corner of the kitchen. And lastly the balcony. That was the most memorable place for her. That is where Taeyeon confessed his feeling towards her and their first kiss also happen there. 

Tiffany brought her luggage in front of door. Just one step ahead and she'll out from the house. She take a look at the house for the last time. The door was opened, "Good bye, Tae..."

Click. The sound was shut and Tiffany went into the right elevator while Yuri and Jessica went out from the left elevator at the same time. 

A taxi has been waiting for her when Tiffany went out from the building. 

"Where to miss?" 

"To the airport please," 

--
Yuri and Jessica has checked around the house but there no sign of Tiffany. Jessica notice that there's no heels on the shoe rack while Taeyeon shoes were nicely arranged there. 

"Yul, look at this. There's no Tiff's heels." 

Yuri check in the other rack. Jessica was right. He then run upstairs and check every room until he reached Taeyeon's room. He went to the walking closet and saw half of the side was empty. 

"She's gone." Yuri said. 

Jessica was thinking. Tiffany wouldn't run away if there was no reason. "I think something happen between them before Taeng involve in accident," She state her hypothesis. 

"Or she's the one made Taeng like that! That's why she gone now!" Yuri burst into anger. 

"Yah! She's my best friend and i know how she was like! What point did she get if she did that to Taeng? There must be a reason behind this and that is what we going to find out!" Now she's the one burst into anger after heard Yuri accuse her best friend. This is not the right time to make speculation or anything. 

Both of them then went back to the hospital, bring the bad news to the others. 


TBI - Traumatic Brain Injury 

OR - Operation Room

It just some brief thing of what has happen after the chase scene. I didn't know much on how to write situation in the hospital so I asked my brother to describe it for me since he got experience. So where did Tiffany went to? Did the operation went well? What will happen to them after this? Stay tuned! Pardon all the mistakes :)