XXVII

The Ice Has Melted

Taeyeon get out from the house and drive his car out from the parking. He drives to the hospital. He has been thinking since noon why Tiffany reacted like that to him. Maybe she feels depressed? Or she really mean it all of what she said?  He started to think about negative thing. Not to deny, Taeyeon did feel disturbed with it. But now, he doesn’t care anything. All he wants just Tiffany is fully recovered and she’ll be back in office again. He’ll not think about it again. Well, at least for now.

30 minutes of driving, he arrived at the hospital. He went straight to the floor where Tiffany’s room located at. Riding an elevator, he then reached at the 3rd floor. Instead of going straight to her room, Taeyeon went to the floor information counter. He wanted to make sure her latest report showing that she’s fine and the medicine has been given before he came. Everything was fine until Taeyeon has been informed that before he arrives, there’s a man came earlier asked about Tiffany. The suspicious man convinced that he is Tiffany’s cousin and asked for her room number. He even said her personal information as a prove to the nurse. The nurse believes him and give the room number. Taeyeon worried about Tiffany.

“When did the man came?”

“Just a few minutes before you came sir. Is there anything wrong?” the nurse answered with calm tone.

Shoot! The man could do anything to her right now!

Taeyeon ignore the question and run towards Tiffany’s room. He run as fast as he could. He afraid something happen to her again. People looked at Taeyeon that has been running along the hospital corridor. They must be think that he is a maniac or something because he run in the hospital. Taeyeon bumped into a hospital attendant that carry a few files in his hand. All files scattered on the floor.

“I’m sorry!” Taeyeon shouted. There’s no time to stopped and help him now. He in hurry. Tiffany might be in danger right now.

He reached Tiffany’s room. Thank goodness every room door in the hospital have a small glass window, so he can see inside the room. He saw someone wearing a hoodie stand near Tiffany’s bed. He looked at Tiffany, who sleep soundly. Her expression looked so calm. The room is dark, only being light by the bed lamp. Maybe she already sleeps after take her medicine just now. Taeyeon open the door slowly, afraid that the stranger might surprise and run away. He can’t let it go, maybe the stranger is the one who cause all of this. Taeyeon approached the stranger quietly. Luckily the stranger stand and faced his back at Taeyeon, so he can’t be seen at all. Taeyeon stand behind the stranger, ready to grabbed him if he tries to do something to Tiffany. But he got better idea.

Taeyeon then cover the stranger’s mouth and dragged the stranger out. He didn’t want Tiffany to hear everything. That is why he bring it out. At the outside, he uncovers the stranger’s mouth but still dragged it. The stranger has been dragged to the emergency stairs that located at the end of the way. Taeyeon locked the door and pushed the stranger to the wall. He then pulls off the stranger hoodie and surprised when he saw his best friend, Yuri.

“Yul?!” Taeyeon’s eyes become widen.

“Taeng..-”

“What are you doing here?”  Taeyeon asked him. He never thought it was his best friend himself. Many thought have come to his mind. Now, the big question mark in his head is “what the hell did he doing here in the room of the girl he likes?”. Did he know Tiffany before him? No way. If it is, they didn’t look awkward to each other at all. They’re just being like other people who just know each other.

“I-I jj-ust want tt-to come and see her.” He noticed that Yuri stutter. He want to see her for what? They’re not colleague. Plus, they don’t have any work that related to each other.

“Come to see her? For what?” Taeyeon questioned him again.

Yuri keep quiet and looked at the floor. Didn’t answer his question. Taeyeon keep waiting for him to say something, but he still keep himself quiet. That’s it. Taeyeon’s anger raised up.

“Come to see her for what Kwon Yuri?! Answer me!” He yelled and look right into Yuri’s eyes. Yuri flinched upon hearing Taeyeon sudden yell. All this while, Taeyeon never yell at him. Well he did yell, but not as serious as this.

Just before Yuri want to open his mouth to say something, Taeyeon cut him off.

“Wait a minute…”

Taeyeon thought of something. He looked down and thinking about it. He don’t know whether he can trust his inner feeling or not, but for now maybe he can trust it. Well maybe, let’s try it. He continue to stare at Yuri then grabbed Yuri’s t-shirt collar.

“Perhaps, are you the one did that to her?” This time, Yuri’s eyes widen. He looked away from Taeyeon. He tried to let go Taeyeon’s grab. But Taeyeon more faster, he pinned him back to the wall. Yuri groan in pain as Taeyeon pushed him harder to the wall to showed his anger.

“Why did you do that to her?!” Taeyeon questioned him again as he let a punch right over Yuri’s cheekbone. Just when Yuri want to release himself, Taeyeon punch him again. This time right at his jaw. Taeyeon saw Yuri’s jaw already bleeding. He didn’t give a chance for Yuri to explain at all. His anger has reached at the top of his head. He can’t control it anymore.

“I’ve warned you before, you can touch any girl or any out there but not her! Why can’t you understand Yul?! She’s not like other girl you played with Kwon Yuri! She’s different!” Taeyeon yelled right at his face and ready to let out another punch as he already raised up his hand but he stop. He realizes that they’re in a hospital. This is not an appropriate place to fight. He released Yuri’s collar and pushed him away. Yuri fell down on the floor. He doesn’t have energy to stand up anymore. He wiped his jaw that bleeding and touch his swollen cheek.


Taeyeon get out from the room, leaving Yuri behind in pain. He walked back to Tiffany’s room. He opened the door and it still revealed a girl lying on the bed, sleeping soundly. He sit at the edge of the bed. Didn’t dare to sit near, afraid Tiffany will awake and saw him. He observed her face. How great if he can see this face next to him every day? A dedicated yet hardworking girl. Spend a few minutes looking at her, he finally get up and walk near her before he go. Taeyeon brushed her hair then pull up the blanket to cover her. His mind urged him to kiss her forehead but he didn’t do it. instead of kissing her forehead, Taeyeon just whisper to her ear.

“Good night Fany-ah. Sleep well.” He then get out from the room and went back home. His first intention just want to checked on her but he didn’t know that it will be more things come ahead.

-

Since that day, Taeyeon often come and visit Tiffany. Sometimes he will come at the lunch hour and make sure she eat her lunch and take her medicine. He brought flower every time he come to visit her. He bought red roses and put it in a vase on the table beside her bed. But Tiffany never know that. Taeyeon only come when Tiffany sleeps and he will ask the nurses about her progress every day. The nurses there already know him. Tiffany on the other hand, thought that it was Jessica who was brought those roses. Since she already contacted her best friend after 2 days admitted, Jessica always come and visit her. her reaction at that time is no joke. She really mad at Tiffany who didn’t take care of herself well. Oh did I tell you that Tiffany didn’t tell Jessica the truth. She just told her that she was super exhausted and didn’t get enough rest. That is why she collapsed and being admitted in the hospital. And yes, Jessica Jung believe her friend stupid lie.

Today is the third day Tiffany being admitted to the hospital. According to doctor, she can discharged whether tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Her blood pressure is not stable yet, plus she had a fever and the temperature quite high. So she must stay there for treatment. Bruise on her face started to fade and scratches on her body also started to heal. Tiffany feel glad that she can discharged soon. She miss her sketch book, her pencil and the most important is she miss her work.

Can’t deny it, it must be awkward when she met Taeyeon again at the office but what can she do? She never thought that she’ll be worked for him. The accident thing is not a good starter for their first meeting. And yeah the incident at the club too. Also, he’s willing being a replacement model at the last minute. Now this? She can’t take it anymore. She can’t accept his kindness without paying it back. He have done so much for her. But then, her thought has been cut off by her ringing phone.

“Dad! OhmyGod, I miss you so much!”

“Miyoung.” Her dad call her name. Tiffany really hate her Korean name. And her dad will call her Korean name when she did something wrong or there is something serious happen. When she call her with that name, he really sound strict and serious.

Tiffany knows her dad so well. And she also know that is the bad sign if her dad already started called her Korean name.

“Aww dad. You know I hate when you call me like that. What did I do wrong now?”

“Over working until collapsed and being admitted to the hospital is not a wrong thing Miyoung?” Ugh Tiffany already got the point. Jessica Jung! This girl really can’t keep a secret at all! Tiffany already asked Jessica to not tell her father about this. She didn’t want her father worried plus her father’s health is not in a good condition. Seem like she can’t trust her best friend now. Well just for this matter only. Jessica will call Tiffany’s father if Tiffany have trouble or sick. She has been entrusted by Tiffany’s father to look after her since they’re in high school and so do Tiffany. Until now, both of them never forget to report to their parents even though they’ve grown up.

“I’m sorry dad. You know my work, right. I’ve to finish up all the design before the show so I didn’t spend much time taking care of myself. I won’t do it again, I promise you.”

“I understand Miyoung, but please take care of yourself. By the way, I’ve seen it. Congratulations sweetie.”

“Huh see what dad? Why are you congratulating me?” Tiffany blank. Why does her father say all this thing?

“Your design be a main collection right? And I also see the event. You look so beautiful as always dear.” Her father now proud of her. She got what she wants. So, her decision to decline his offer to be a lawyer in order to pursue her dream job was true.

Tiffany didn’t expect that her father will know all of these thing. Usually she’s the one that informed him, but now he know by himself.

“Thank you dad. I’ll try harder to achieve more dad.” tiffany smile when hear her father compliment her work. It’s not easy to get praised by her father.

“But don’t forget to take of yourself  Miyoung, if Jessica told me you collapsed again I’ll dragged you live here with me and forget all of your job.”

“Dad! Don’t asked me to quit my job now please. I’ll take care of myself now, I promise you. And you too Mr. Hwang please take your medicine. We both take care of ourselves. Deal?” Tiffany whining. This is her advantage as the youngest, sweet charms. Her father cannot resist her charms.

“Good offer, I can’t decline it. You really know how to twist the point. Deal.”

“Yeay!”

“You got to rest sweetie. And me too have to take my medicine.  It’s our deal right? I’ve to go now.”

“Alright dad. How I wish I can talk to you more. Take care dad. See you soon!” with that, they cut the line off.

Tiffany don’t know what to do after talking to her father. So she just look outside the window, showing a bright sunlight that shine through it. She loves to see sunlight. The light shined and light up all over the places. How she hope she can be like sunlight too. She wants to shined everybody’s life.