III

The Ice Has Melted

TIFFANY POV 

 

I heard a man  keep knocking my door while shouting something. Yes, I can heard clearly what he said. He asked me to go out. At that time, my body doesn’t work like what my mind want. So I keep myself in the car. Its not like I want to run away from the situation, I just want to gathered my courage. Then, I turned my head to look at the man. I saw him still mumbling something. Slowly, I unbuckle my seatbelt and unlocked the door. The man then moved backwards, give me the space to open the door.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” That is the first word I heard from the man after I go out from the car.

“Are you deaf? Or you can’t talk?” The man said again harshly.

I was taken aback by his word.     

“Well excuse me Mr, I don’t have any hearing problem and as you can hear I can talk clearly” I answered.

“So, if you don’t have any problem with your hearing and talking, why then can’t you SEE CLEARLY?!” He emphasized the last two words.

My mind then back to it position. I then remembered that I hit his car. I walked to the front to see the back of his car that I hit just now. But I was surprised to see the back of the car. It mangled very badly. I didn’t know that I give the car a big impact. I put my hand on my mouth signing that I was suprised to see that.

“Why didn’t you talk again? Didn’t you say just now that you can talk CLEARLY?” The man bombed me again while giving me an evil smirked.

“Fine, I’m sorry Mr...?” I replied.

He understand what I mean and quickly answered. And AGAIN i’ve been bombed by this guy.

“You just can say that sorry without knowing my name. Do you have too? Sorry I don’t exposed my name to a stranger” He said with a cold tone.

“What?!” I mentally screamed. I just want to know his name so that I can apologize in more proper way. But this guy here was thinking the other way. I quickly make myself calm and spoke again.

“Alright Mr... um Nobody? Ah yes Mr. Nobody. I would like to apologize for being careless and hit your car. So if you can tell me how much the cost to repair your car, please inform me. I’ll leave my contact number and you can call me later for discussed more about this. And now please excuse me, I’m already late to work.” I said while handling him my phone number. And headed back toward my car.  

I was walking towards my car when suddenly I feel someone grabbed my hand.