LXXIII

The Ice Has Melted

 

Since the incident, there is no more people that disturb their relationship. Taeyeon and Tiffany have given their statement to the police officer and now the case has been investigated and soon will be brought to court. Nichkhun and Nana has been charged in kidnapping. And for Nana’s case, beside kidnapping she also being charged on killing attempt. But the charged can be taken down if the victim, which is Yoona request it.

Meanwhile, Yoona still being treated at the hospital. Luckily the paramedic arrive quick, so there is no complication happen. Seohyun, who’s working at the same hospital always come to check on her since she didn’t have anyone else.

“How are you today? Any improvement?” Seohyun asked while peeling an apple for her.

Yoona smiling. “I’ve gain a lot of strength. I can lift up a chair!”

Seohyun stop peeling. She look at her with an unbelievable look. “Jinjja? You re that strong?”

Yoona laugh to her. Didn’t know the psychology doctor like her didn’t get her jokes. In fact, she believes it. “Hahaha of course no, I only can raise up my hand a little bit.”

“Yah!” Yoona’s shoulder being hit by Seohyun. She flinched and brush her shoulder.

“Ahh! I’m feeling like my shoulder is coming out! It’s so hurt!”

Seohyun put the knife down and go check Yoona’s shoulder. Afraid that she hit the wounded parts.

“Oh my! I’m sorry! Is it hurt that much? Gosh I’m really sorry, I shouldn’t hit you!”

Yoona shook her head while smiling. She like to see Seohyun get panic. Just like when they met at the hospital without the others, she almost bang at the wall and Yoona still remember how red her face at that time.

--

TAEYEON’S HOUSE

All their family including Tiffany’s family feeling relieved as both of them are safe and didn’t get anything serious other than Tiffany having a bit of trauma. Both of them still on their leave and stay at home. Sarang on the other side, really longing for her mommy and daddy after they didn’t get to meet for quite long time. so that little girl whimpered to stay with her mommy and daddy.

Taeyeon didn’t let Tiffany to do anything since she look like she was sick after they went for a checkup few days ago. All she asked to do was lay in the bed while Taeyeon will handle everything.

“Daddy! Mommy said she want ice cream!” the little said while went down from the stairs.

Taeyeon, who was making breakfast surprised to hear that from his daughter. Lately, Tiffany was acting weird these days. He thought Sarang was making up the story because she’s the one want to eat it but when Taeyeon ask for Tiffany’s confirmation, it’s true that she herself request want to eat it.

“Ice cream? In this early morning?” Taeyeon said while turn off the stoves and put the fried hash browns on a plate.

“The other day, she vomits after eat a spoon of ice cream when it was her favorite before and today she said she want to eat it again? Did she kidding me or what?” Taeyeon nagging alone while the little girl keep on shook her shoulder.

He then put the plate that filled with food on a tray and asked Sarang to help him brought the orange juice upstairs. Since the little girl didn’t drink coffee, so they’ll just had orange juice.

“Be careful Sarang, don’t drop it.” Taeyeon said while following behind her. They’re now going to have breakfast upstairs since he didn’t let Tiffany to move a lot. Afraid she’ll collapsed anywhere.

“Yes daddy!”

Both of them then went into Taeyeon’s room and being welcomed by Tiffany, who was reading magazine. Taeyeon then put the breakfast at the side of the table and went to sit beside her.

“Good morning baby,” His morning wish were accompanied by a kiss on her forehead.

“Hm, morning Tae.” Tiffany still keep her eyes on the magazine and don’t even bother to look at him.

He knows something not right. They need to discuss about this. So, Taeyeon take care of Sarang’s breakfast first, so the little girl won’t disturb them when they want to talk later on.

Taeyeon put a hash brown and toast on a plate. He also pour the orange juice in a glass then put it on the table. Sarang sit at the table in front of TV that has been switched on by Taeyeon earlier. The little girl now has been distracted by cartoon and they now got time to talk.

Once again, he prepare the food and give it to her. Looking at her munching the toast, Taeyeon smile all by himself.

“Fany-ah,”

She stop munching and look at Taeyeon. “Hm?”

He wipe the corner of her lips that have some jam stained before talk. “Are you okay?”

Tiffany stop munching. She turns to look at Taeyeon. “Why did you ask me like that?”

“Ani, because you seem different lately. Is there something bothering you?” he ask her after sipping his orange juice.

Without hesitation, she shook her head and that makes Taeyeon feel weirder. He still not satisfied then ask her again. This time Taeyeon stopped her from eating. He’s even grab both of her hand.

“What are you doing? Tae!”

“You want to eat ice cream in the morning, also having a super serious changing mood, and you even asked me to buy you jjamppong at 3 am yesterday Fany! That is what you said that you’re okay?” He stare in her eyes.

“I just feel want to eat it, that’s why I asked you to buy it for me. Fine, if you don’t want to buy it for me then I’ll just go by myself after this!” She pouts.

Taeyeon shook his head and cupped her face. “No, that is not the case baby. I’ll do everything and buy anything you want but all of this was just weird for me. Perhaps… are you…” He stopped.

Tiffany’s face changed. She was wondering what he going to say but then he stopped. “I’m what, Tae?”

He look at her with worry eyes. Taeyeon scanned his eyes over all her body. “Are you having PMS?”

Pap!

Taeyeon flinched as he got hit right at his right shoulder. “No, I didn’t. It’s usually on the early of the month. But this month was weird, it didn’t… oh my God!” she cover to prevent her from saying the further words as she thought of something. Her widen mouth can been seen even she’s already cover it.

Taeyeon curious. What she going to say? “What? What is it?”

“Tae…” she called him and reach his hand. Her tone is low and her expression is like a person who was caught red handed doing something.

With her expression, that makes him become nervous. “My period has already late for 2 months.”

Hearing her statement, Taeyeon breath calmly. “Ah, only that? You make me nearly got a heart attack Fany-ah! But how can it related with your critical craving?” look like he still not understands.

She pat her forehead. “Gosh… my period was late for 2 months and if that thing happens, the possibility of I’m getting pregnant is high!”

Taeyeon’s eyes widen. He really can’t believe of what he has heard. Tiffany on the other side thought that she’ll get negative reaction from him but it was opposite. She saw he smiling by himself, like he was thinking of something.

“Tae? Taeyeon?” Tiffany said while shaking his body.

Realized that his body being shaken, Taeyeon awake from him dreams. He smile and look at Tiffany. What he did after that was unexpectable. Taeyeon hug her.

Tiffany was clueless of his sudden behavior. “Huh? What’s wrong Tae?”

He release the hug and and put the plate that still contain food away. Tiffany’s hand then being dragged out of the bed. “Come on, let’s go get ready,”

Being dragged away, she then asked him “What? Where are we going?”

He stopped and turn to look at her. Taeyeon pointed at her tummy. “We’re going to make sure that there is something else in there other than food,” he winked at Tiffany and pushed her into the walking closet. While Tiffany was changing, Taeyeon go and help his daughter to get ready to.

In the walking closet, Tiffany smile by herself. She stand in front of the big mirror in there and put her hand on her tummy. “Is it true?” she talk to herself.

--

MEANWHILE AT JESSICA’S OFFICE

Everything going back to normal after the 2 culprits were arrested. And so do with Jessica, her holiday has over and now has back to her normal life. But maybe it doesn’t hectic much since she didn’t handle any new cases. Well, for now.

Jessica was checking some files when suddenly her door being knocked.

*knock knock knock

“Yes, come in.” she said and don’t even bother to look up. Jessica can hear her door being opened and someone step into her room.

She thought that was her secretary and waited for her to speak up but she doesn’t.

Bored of waiting for her, Jessica speak up first. “Yes Hye Joo? Got anything to tell me?” she said while still looking at those files.

“Too busy until can’t look up for a while huh?” that person finally speak.

Heard of that voice, Jessica stop rummaging through the files. That is not her secretary’s voice.

“Yul?” she looks up and saw a well-dressed man stand in front of her table while smiling widely.

Yuri waved his hand. Feeling happy just by looking at her face. His face lightning up as saw the smiling Jessica. Busy staring at her, Yuri didn’t realize that his girlfriend already stand in front of him and now she’s been hugged by her.

“Um I guess you miss me that much huh?” He said while tighten the hug.

Jessica didn’t say anything and just nodded in his arms. She can smell his gentle fragrance.

Yuri smile widely, now he knows what is real love about. All this while, he didn’t get to feel anything other than to enjoy with the other girls before. But when he with Jessica, Yuri feels more than that. “Maybe this is how Taeng feels before.”

“Your heartbeat is so fast, are you still nervous with me?” Jessica that put her head on his chest can hear his heartbeat rate. It’s beating so fast, like he was done jogging for 10 round.

Yuri release the hug. “That nervousness won’t get away from me. It’s same as I was looking at you for the first time before,” he cupped her face and kiss her lips gently.

But opposite for Jessica. She push him away. “Lie. You were eyeing Tiff before. Not me.” with that, she walk away and back to her seat leaving Yuri alone. Jessica knows

He followed her back. Yuri wants to grab her hand while walking, but she was way faster. So he just let her be. Yuri pull the chair in front of her. He then sit and stare at his girlfriend. Waiting for her to response for a few minutes, Yuri then give up. He grab her hand, prevent her from moving. Jessica try to pull away her hand, but Yuri grab it tight.

“Listen here babe, it’s true I was eyeing her…-” he start his explanation but was cut off.

Hearing his word, Jessica’s eyes widen. “SEE?!”

Yuri surprised to hear her scream. “Ssshh, they might thinking I was doing something to you!” Yuri half whisper.

Jessica want to open again, but he stopped her. “Before you talk more nonsense, let me tell you. I am eyeing Tiffany, but not for me. It was for Taeng, I just want to see how far he has opened his heart. I purposely did that. Got it babe?”

“You purposely did that?”

Yuri nodded to her.

Feeling ashamed of herself for accusing her boyfriend, Jessica look away from him.“Gosh, stupid Jessica Jung!

Yuri smile looking at her behavior now. He didn’t want her to get more blushing. So, Yuri take out 2 tickets from his pocket and put it on her table.

“9pm tonight and I’ll pick you up.” Yuri said with chick tone.

She look up and saw 2 piece of paper has been put on her table. When she look in front, Yuri already walk away from her. But then, he turn back.

“Forgot to tell you, don’t wear anything distracted.” With that, he gets out from her office. Leaving Jessica in confuse.

She take a look at the paper. It was a ticket and what making her more confuse is, it’s not a movie ticket like what other couple always did. “Car racing competition? The heck? My Goodness what’s wrong with this Kwon Yuri?!”

 

MEANWHILE IN CLINIC

Taeyeon wait along with Tiffany and Sarang at the clinic’s lobby. He was so nervous. Taeyeon never experienced all this thing. He keeps on playing with Tiffany’s hand as he want to let the nervous feelings away. Tiffany also in the same state as she’s having the same feeling as him but try not to show it. Sarang on the other side feeling excited as she run here and there but then being stopped and sit beside Tiffany.

“Tiffany Hwang!” they heard a nurse called Tiffany’s name. Taeyeon noticed that there’s a few eyes looking at them as they went into the room.

As they inside the room, the doctor asked them to sit. Sarang was given a candy by the doctor to prevent her from causing chaos.

“Hello, what can I help you?” the female doctor give them a warm smile.

Tiffany then open up . “Um… actually I notice that my period was late for 2 months. So I…-” it’s hard for her to explain as it was her first time talking about those things. So, Tiffany keep on stopping and hesitate to speak up. Luckily, the doctor understand her so she cut her off.

“So, you want to make a pregnancy test, isn’t?”

Both of them nodded and not to forget the little girl also followed them to nod.

After that, she left Taeyeon with Sarang to make the test in the other room. Taeyeon was waiting patiently when suddenly the doctor throw a question.

“How long has it been since both of you were married? I see that your first child was already grown up when your wife is getting pregnant again.”

Taeyeon was surprised to hear the question. Without hesitate, he answer the question. “We actually not married yet, and the girl here was actually my adopted daughter.” Taeyeon covered Sarang’s ears as he was saying ‘adopted’ word.

Although the little girl still a kid, Taeyeon didn’t want her to be exposed with that word or that kind of environment.

The doctor nodded when hear his answer. “Ah, no wonder she seems nervous earlier.”

Both of them then continue to talk until Tiffany out from the other room. Her face showed natural expression and she then sit beside her seat again. Few minutes later, a nurse come into the room and give the result of the test to the doctor. The doctor then silent for a few seconds before begin to talk again.

“So, here we already got the result. Congratulations Mr. Kim and Miss Tiffany, both of you are going to be parents! You were 2 months pregnant. And for you Mr. Kim, I think you can proceed to the next stage,” the female doctor winked at him.

Both of them were stunned. Taeyeon almost can’t believe of what did he heard just now. He didn’t push the possibilities, but actually he happy because of the news. Tiffany on the other side already have tears at the corner of the eyes. Having the same reason as Taeyeon, she’s hold his hand tightly.

Taeyeon turn to see her. He didn’t know what to say anymore and just pull her into a hug. “Thank you, baby,” he then kissed her forehead. She didn’t get to reply him as she was happy too.

Despite that, they also didn’t forget Sarang. “Sarang, you going to be a sister!” Taeyeon said and kiss her cheeks.

The little girl jump happily. “Yeay! Sarang ‘gowing’ to be a sister!”

The happy family then going out from the clinic with the happy face. As they were at home after that, Taeyeon really put Tiffany in a super special care. He didn’t let her to do anything and planning on telling the others soon.

 

THAT NIGHT

As what has been promised earlier, Yuri went to pick Jessica at her home. He was surprised to see Jessica’s appearance tonight. She was wearing a black leather jacket and also with the skinny jeans. Not to mention, her blonde hair. She making it into a pony tail. She’s wearing a quite heavy make up tonight and that makes she looks so hot. Even she was kinda irritated with Yuri earlier, but still she going out with him.

Both of them were silence on their way. Yuri can’t take away his eyes from her. Sometimes, he’ll take a glance to look at her.

“Stop looking at me like that Yul,” Jessica has noticed that he was looking at her ever since he pick her up.

“Huh? I’m not looking at you. I’m just checking the side mirror.” He tries to cover up.

Now, it’s her turn to stare at him. “Oh please, don’t use that lame excuse Yul.”

Yuri got caught up. He sigh. “You was too beautiful to resist tonight, that’s why.”

“Why? I’m not beautiful all this while?”

“No-no! you’re beautiful. But tonight, you’re much extra beautiful.” He never see her in different outfits other than her official work attire and just a casual look. But tonight, she’s stunning.

When they arrive at the place, everyone were looking at them. Some of them were whispering to each other. Yuri hold Jessica’s hand and walk towards their seat. The racing is not a cliché street racing, it was a race that involved a business. The race also illegal compared to the race that he joined before. with the loud music been played, they continue to walk.

“What’s up my man!” a smart looking guy welcomed Yuri with fist bump.

“Hey, what’s up Bryan!”

“Glad that you finally show up tonight. It’s hard to see you these days,”

Yuri laugh. “Hahaha! I’m just busy handling some projects lately,”

The smart guy then ask Yuri a question and hit his shoulder “I never see you with anyone before. So, who’s the chick here?”

He reply back by yell into the guy ears as the music becoming more loud. “She’s not any chick, she’s my girl!”

The guy nod as the sign he understand and lift his thumbs up. He then leave them and went to somewhere.

While they were finding their seat, they bumped into some people and they were asking the same question about Jessica.

Few minutes searching, they finally found their seat. Without knowing, Yuri got a seat near to his competitors which is a Japan company, Takasaki Holding.

“Well, well look what who we have here. Yuri Kwon the Romeo!”

Yuri didn’t bother to reply and just let a bitter smile to him. He also explain to Jessica about how the race was rolling and which car represent his company.

Their conversation then being interrupted by the Yuta Takasaki, the only heir of the Takasaki Holding. He keep being sarcastic with Yuri. looking at the undisturbed Yuri, he then play with him again.

“Hey enemy, let’s have a ‘friendly’ race later on shall we?” that offer make Yuri turn his head to him. He think that it was too much and if racing is the way to make him stop, then he’ll do it. Takasaki Holding has been known as a ‘dirty’ company as they always cheat in business and even in the racing.

“Oh really, then what’s the reward?” Yuri getting interested with his offer. On the other hand, Jessica hold his hand tighter, giving Yuri a sign.

Yuta put his index finger on his chin. “Let just begin with the small one,” Yuri saw Yuta’s eyes laid on Jessica.

“ you, man!”

His mad meter raise up. Yuta’s collar got grabbed by Yuri. His neck got choked. “Listen here! This girl here is not a gambling toy like the other thing you gamble on! Understand?!”

Yuta nodded quickly. The security guards already come to their seat. Yuri asked them to bring him out. They’re all listen to him as he was one of the biggest shareholder in the race.

“You mess with the wrong people, Mr.” one of the security said to Yuta as he was dragging him out from there.

The situation back to normal and they can watch the race peacefully without any badmouth talking about them. Jessica already familiar with the situation and enjoyed the facts that Yuri brought her to watch racing car rather than movie. She also feel touch as she heard what did he said earlier.

 


Hello my beloved readers! So, is it okay with the new chapter? hehehe, i still remember that there's quite much suggestion about making Tiff pregnant. so... this is it! hope with you happy the story! Ah! also with the YulSic progress, let's make it a rare date ;) Not to forget, Yoon and Seohyun's interaction at the beginning :D