XXX

The Ice Has Melted

“So all this time…-”

“Yes Tiffany, you’re misunderstood.” Tiffany silent after heard Taeyeon’s answer. She keep her head down, feeling guilty. All the things she did to Taeyeon. Avoiding him, pushed him away, being cold towards him… all that comes in her mind. She did a big mistake.

Taeyeon saw Tiffany already had her head down. He smiles. He knows what is in her mind now. He really didn’t know that Tiffany actually misunderstood about him. Well who doesn’t feel mistaken if suddenly your child appears in office right? Of course they’ll think you’re married. But he doesn’t know that Tiffany immediately will pushed him away after that. At least she can ask him about it. It’s not like he’ll not answer it. Maybe she shy about it.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Taeyeon touch her chin and hold up her head that being bowed down.

Tiffany shook her head. She didn’t want to say anything since she’ll be embarrassed because of her stupid misunderstanding. Plus, she not in love with him. She just interested in him and attracted to his kindness. Who knows soon she will feel more than that? *author smirks

Taeyeon smile upon seeing Tiffany’s innocent look. She did have this side of her? All this time, he only saw a charismatic, hardworking Tiffany but the innocent Tiffany.

“Come, let me show your room. You didn’t want to sleep on the couch didn’t you?” Taeyeon stand. He pick Tiffany’s bag and ready to lead her to the guest room. Tiffany smile hearing his jokes. She didn’t hear or see Taeyeon joke with anyone. He just be strict and serious all the time. Ah he did be loving, when his daughter came to the office. Yeah that just one time.

Tiffany get up and follow his lead to the room. Taeyeon brought her to the second floor of the penthouse. Tiffany look around the stairs. The second floor is much beautiful than the others. Well, it’s a CEO house though. Of course everything will look beautiful here.    

Taeyeon walked through the second floor and finally his step stopped in front of a door. He open the room door and walked in. He put the bag down near the bed and said

“This is your room. Make yourself comfortable okay?” Tiffany nodded. She looks around the room, she saw a portrait hung on the wall. The portrait looks exactly like Sarang. In the picture showed that Sarang is giggling and play at the park. Tiffany smile looking at the portrait, she thought that the artist was so sharp. All he/she drew was on point. The drawing look so alive and real. But then he thought being cutted off by Taeyeon.

“You can find towel in the closet over there and all the toiletries already in the bathroom. I’ll leave you here so that you can rest.” He then walked out from the room and let out a smile before shut the door.

Tiffany just laugh looking at his behavior. A strict man at the office she saw everyday was actually a happy man who like to smile at home.

Tiffany get up from the bed she sit on just now, and went to get a towel at the closet Taeyeon said just now. She want to bath since she can’t get bath properly at the hospital in this few days. She search in the closet and found 3 towels in there. She smile and pick the pink towel, of course that is her favorite color though. Just when she close the closet door, she heard a knock on the door. Leaving the pink towel on the bed, she went to open the door and revealed Taeyeon who stand in front of it.

“Yes?” Tiffany asked him. Feeling curious why he was there again.

“Forgot to tell you that if you need anything, you can just call me. My room is in front of this room. So, feel free to knock okay?” He step back and point at the room in front. Tiffany follow his pointed finger and look back at him.

“Okay. Ah and thank you Taeyeon.” Tiffany forgot to say her thanks before Taeyeon get out from her room just now. So she take the opportunity to said it.

“Huh? Thank you for?” Taeyeon feel blur. What did she thanked for?

“For letting me stay here and for everything you’ve done all this while.” She let out her eye smile.

“Why this girl keep thanking me? didn’t she feel tired saying all of those thing?” that is what Taeyeon thinking now. He then look right into Tiffany’s eyes touch her shoulder.

“Stop thanking me okay? Just consider it as a fate I was there whenever you’re in trouble. Keep that in your mind, alright?” Tiffany just nodded as sign she understand what Taeyeon said. She feel doubted towards him. He helped her a lot. How she want to stop thanking him then? Fate? That’s it? Can she really think all of that as a fate?

Taeyeon shut the door and went back to his room. Both of them take time to shower and clean themselves. But Taeyeon finish first. He went to Tiffany’s room while she still in shower, he put a jogger pant and a plain white basic t-shirt on the bed. That is what he found comfortable and at least suit her. He planning on going to Tiffany’s house later on to take her belongings. He feel relieve she discharged on Friday, so she have 2 days more to rest and get ready to work again.

Leaving the room, Taeyeon then went to the kitchen downstairs. It’s lunch and they didn’t get to eat yet. So he thought of cooking something. He looks into the fridge, finding something he can cook for both of them. Well, Taeyeon is not an expert like chef but whenever he cooks so far his family and friend will praised him. He found chicken and other types of vegetables in there like broccoli, peas, ginger and red capsicum. He thought of something. Since she just discharged and still didn’t get enough energy, she has to eat healthy food. Taeyeon put out all the ingredients and put it on the kitchen counter. He then grabbed the apron and wear it. He starts with cooking the rice first and then he will cook the chicken. Since he already has the recipe in his mind, so it will not get any problem with it.

While Tiffany who has finished shower went out from the bathroom and saw a set of clothes on her bed. She takes a look at it. It must be Taeyeon’s. Look like he can read her mind. She thought of asking him to lending her some clothes. But that guy already put it there like he already knows. She changed the clothes and dry her hair. She stands in front of the mirror and look at herself. The scratch sign was still there, she touch it and remember the reason she got that scratch. It scared her remembering that night. She remembers every single thing but no one knows about that. Even her best friend, didn’t know about what happen to her. She’s not ready yet to tell anyone.

Didn’t want to think about it anymore, Tiffany then get out from the room. She can smell something delicious from downstairs.

“Maybe he order something” She thought and continue to walk down the stairs.

But her thought was false when she saw Taeyeon is the one cooking and wearing an apron. Whoa this is another new thing she discover about him.

Taeyeon who sensed someone watching him turn and saw Tiffany already there looking at him with confuse face. Kim Taeyeon cooking? It will be hot story at the office if they knew about this.

“Oh you’re done. Good those outfits fit you. Are you hungry?” Taeyeon asked her while stir his chicken.

“Hum? Not really. Do you need some help?” Tiffany look at Taeyeon who is cutting the vegetables now.

“Ah no, it’s okay. You just sit there, this will be ready shortly.” Tiffany looked at him who was cooking. The way he cut the vegetables look like he’s a pro. He didn’t look the recipe.

Taeyeon finish cooking in 20 minutes. While he served the dish, Tiffany help him with the eating utensils. She arranged the chopstick and spoon in the table. At a glance, they look like a married couple but unfortunately they’re not. Finished get all those thing ready, both of them sit and started to eat.

“I’ll enjoy the food!” Both of them said.

Taeyeon put the chicken dish in Tiffany’s bowl and said:

“You have to eat more so you can have to energy to heal.” Tiffany nodded and eat. Her eyes widen as soon as she feed a spoonful of the food and she stop eating. Taeyeon who saw her reaction also stop eating. Afraid she didn’t like the dish since he didn’t know her taste.

“Why? It’s not good?” Taeyeon asked with worry face.

“Are you kidding me? This is super good! What dish is this?” He breathed a sigh of relief. He almost had a heart attack. This girl, really.

“Aish, you almost make me die with that reaction you know? It just a simple chicken stir fry. Sorry this is all I can cook, I forgot to buy groceries for this month.”

“Seriously it’s a simple dish? Why did it taste so good? Oh one more thing, this corporate guy also cares about his groceries?” She thought. No, she’s not underestimate him. She just did not expect, someone like him take out things like that. Well yeah, he is single and he’s a man. Usually only girls care about all of those things.

“You are a good cook. Even though it just a simple dish, but it really delicious. Have you learn how to cook before?” Tiffany really got a lot surprises from Taeyeon. She got to know a new thing about him almost every day.

“Hahaha no. I have been living alone, so I used to cook. Plus, I prefer to eat home dish than the restaurant.”  In Taeyeon’s heart, he glad they can talk comfortably now.

They continue to eat in silence after their last conversation. Both of them eat the food deliciously. Sometimes, Taeyeon will get up to take the remaining dish in the pot. Taeyeon happy, Tiffany enjoy his food. He knows that girl can’t eat properly this few days. She must feel uncomfortable there. But then, Tiffany broke their silent.

“Um I don’t see your daughter, where is she?” Tiffany keep wondering where the little girl is. The house sound so quiet.

“Ah she didn’t live with me. My family didn’t let her live with me because I might be busy and got no time for her so they take care of her.”

Oh that is why they look like a they’ve not met for long time before this at the office. Now she understand. Well his family was right. Taeyeon always busy with his work. The workers at the office once said that Taeyeon had slept in the office because of too much work.

Tiffany just nodded after heard Taeyeon’s explanation. Finished eating, they clean up the table. Taeyeon take all plates and put it on the sink. Taeyeon who busy cleaning on the table surprised when he saw Tiffany wash all the plates.

“Hey you don’t have to do this. I can wash it, Tiffany. Now stop, go and sit over there.” Taeyeon try to grab plate that Tiffany hold.

“No. You drive, you cook and now you want to clean too? I want to do something too. Please?” Omo. Look at that puppy eyes. Is she always do this? She hold the plate tightly, didn’t want to let go.

Taeyeon widen his eyes, when Tiffany didn’t let go the plate. This girl, seriously.

“I can wash it. Give me.”

Tiffany didn’t give in. she. She still hold the plate.

“No, I want to wash it.” Tiffany stare at Taeyeon.

“Tiffany.” Taeyeon call her name. Both of them now hold the plate. Both didn’t want to let go the plate. Water from the tap keep running and almost filled the sink.

“Taeyeon.” What the… omo look at this girl. Taeyeon thought she would give up. But instead of it, she call his name confidently.

“Fine. You wash the plate. But let me help you dry it okay?” Taeyeon made a deal. He didn’t want Tiffany do all of this because she feels doubted towards him.

“I can do all…-”

“Take the deal or we gonna fight over this plate all day long. You choose.” He said while look at the plate they hold right now.

“Ugh alright.” Finally, Tiffany give up and both of them release the plate. She continue to wash the plate while Taeyeon dry it. Finish washed all the plates and glass, both of them went to upstairs to get some rest. Before went into his room, Taeyeon said that they will go to Tiffany’s house later on to take her belongings. He also remind her to take the medicine and get enough rest. Tiffany just nodded and thanked him for the food. She then went into the room while Taeyeon went to his work room. He working on something instead of take a rest.


hi guys! i'm back! sorry for the late update *bow. now i really get busy with all those assignments >< sorry i maybe can update this story on weekend :'( but don't worry, like i've said before, i'll try to steal some time to update this story no matter what. this story will keep going on. oh ya, maybe all of you will got to read another chap tomorrow? well, we'll see then.