XXI

The Ice Has Melted

Taeyeon just spend his weekend at home, he didn’t have any mood to go out and chill. He just need a home vibe. There is no reason to go to his parents’ house since Sarang is not there and there are no important things. Sarang is going to mini art camp that organized by her kindergarten. Sarang really love to coloring, drawing, and painting. Well, that is at least a 5 years old girl love to do. So with Taeyeon’s permission, he let her going to the camp since it is her interest. Plus, he want to teach Sarang to be more independent even though she just 5 years old. So that, so she can do thing by herself by not depend to others. Taeyeon’s day was really boring. All he do just played his Xbox or else he will strum his guitar to distract himself. Now his mind was free from work. Well at least for weekend. Alright now we’re back on Monday. Which mean, it’s working day!

And yeah about the guy at the club, he already calls someone that perfect to investigate about the guy.

 

FLASHBACK

After went back to the office alone, Taeyeon then continue to call the person that popped in his mind when he said he want to know more about that guy earlier at the restaurant with his friend. He grabbed his phone and dial a number. He then wait for the recipient to answer his call. A minute after that,

“Hello?” The recipient said.

“Hello, is this Choi Sooyoung-ssi the lawyer?”

“Yes, it’s me. may I know who is I’m talking to?”

“I am Kim Taeyeon. My father introduced you to me not too long ago. Remember?” Yes, it is. Choi Sooyoung is a lawyer. His father is Kim Corporation company lawyer. They were invited to the Kim Corporation annual dinner last year. So that is where Taeyeon has been introduced by his father to Sooyoung who is just graduated at that time. Now, Sooyoung working with his father at their law firm.

“Oh Mr. Kim Taeyeon-ssi! Of course I remember you. Is there anything that I can help you?” He asked again.

“Oh please don’t have to be formal. We’re same age anyway. Just call me Taeyeon, that is fine. Yes, I need you to investigate about someone. Can you help me?” Taeyeon really hope that Sooyoung can help him. It’s not like he can’t pay for a private investigator or something. He just want to gather information and he know Sooyoung can help him. Plus, he thinking of hiring Sooyoung to be his company lawyer since now Sooyoung’s father has to managed both which is main company and his company.

“But I’m a lawyer Taeyeon, not a private investigator.” Sooyoung replied.

“Yes I know, I mean I want to know about his background, personal information and who is he. Something like that. It’s not like I want you to follow him around. I know you can help me right?”

“I can find information about him but I can’t promise you much. You know trespassing private information of others is wrong right?” This time, Sooyoung sounded he was not sure with Taeyeon’s plan.

“Yes, yes I know. But I really need to know about him. It’s important to me. Please Sooyoung.”

“Alright. I’ll try Taeyeon. Give me basic info that you know about that guy. I’ll find it for you, but maybe it will take time to gather the information.” Oh yes! Now Taeyeon’s feel like he want to jump in his office hearing that Sooyoung agree to help him.

“Thank you so much Sooyoung. I owe you. I’ll e-mail it to you right after this. You can take how many time you want, it’s okay. Thanks, bye!” Taeyeon then cut off the call and e-mail Nichkhun’s details that he know to Sooyoung.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Yes, today is Monday. And also finally the day of meeting for their latest collection will be held. Taeyeon getting ready to loosen up his mind. Since he want to try control his anger, he will try to not to be angry to his worker even though they will present him a rubbish design, incomplete design and so on. Not to forget, it also the day that he will reveal his true identity to Tiffany.

While Tiffany on the other side of the office is having a small meeting with the practical students before the real meeting begin. She wanted to check everything and make sure that everything is perfect. She has been told by other workers that the boss is really strict, hot-tempered and he is a perfectionist. She think that is real because of based on what she have seen on her first day of work. Beside of presenting her work and handling the practical students, today also the day that she’ll meet her boss since she never get to see him on her first month of work. He’s really busy she guessed.

It’s 10 am and they’re all gathered in the meeting room, except for Sunny. She have to attend another meeting which is more important than this one. She have a meeting with a new client and this time a big one. Before this, Taeyeon is the one that handle all those big project, while Sunny just helped him. But this time, Taeyeon give Sunny an opportunity to handle a big project and of course with Taeyeon’s guide. It’s not that Sunny can’t handle it before, she just doesn’t have a self-confidence and often rejected Taeyeon’s suggestion to make her handling a project.

Everybody sit on the chair and wait for the boss to come in. Jiyeon went to Taeyeon’s room to check on him. Seeing Taeyeon’s office door is open, she knocked and said:

“Mr. Kim, the meeting will start in 5 minutes.”

“Okay. Everyone already there?” Taeyeon know Jiyeon will come to remind him about the meeting. He then nodded and asked.

“Yes, everyone is there except for Ms. Sunny.” Jiyeon explained. See the difference? They didn’t called Sunny by her surname. Sunny prefer they called her by her name, not her surname. While Taeyeon rather they be formal and called him by surname. Well yeah, Kim Taeyeon the perfectionist indeed.

“Alright. Let’s go.” Taeyeon knew that he has to held the meeting by himself today, yeah beside with Jiyeon’s help. He then gathered all his positive vibes and walked out from his room followed by Jiyeon.

People in the meeting room get their work ready to present at the meeting. Tiffany also gathered her sketch book when suddenly the meeting room open and revealed a man who’s wearing black suit holding a notebook with him. Tiffany turn her head and her eyes become wide signed that she surprised with what she see. Her eyes didn’t blinked and just followed the guy.

“Good morning people! Let’s start the meeting.” Taeyeon’s enter the meeting room with a smile and greet his workers cheerfully. He then walked towards the in front of the table. While he walked, he notice there is a pair of eyes that see him. But he just ignored it. He walk passed his female worker and notice her outfit.

“Blue damage jeans with white t-shirt on Monday Jinyoung-ssi? Um nice combination. I like it.”  the female worker have already smile, thought that Taeyeon praised her. Taeyeon then sit on the chair which he can faced everybody in that room. He put the notebook  that he hold before and said again.

“But, you totally got no sense. At least wear a casual formal for this meeting. I even wear suit today.” He said sharply. The smile on the female worker gone and she bow her head.

“I’m sorry Mr. Kim.”

“It’s fine Jinyoung-ssi. Today is your lucky day I guess since I’m in the good mood this morning. But please fix it somehow.”

The meeting then begin peacefully. Well at first. There’s a few workers that showed their improvement and Taeyeon praised them for that. While the workers are all feel weird with Taeyeon’s behavior today. He look so different. He did mad like always but not as much as before. After he get mad, he’ll said something that can encourage his workers. Now it’s time for Tiffany to present her design. She get up from her seat and give her sketch book to Taeyeon. She didn’t look at Taeyeon’s eyes. She continue explain her design on the LCD slide. Taeyeon listened carefully to her explanation. There is sometimes he will asked her something that he curious about the design and surprisingly this girl can answer it confidently but her answer also accurate and convincing. Taeyeon accept all her answer and. It’s not because she know the girl outside the office or not because he already attracted to the girl.

Wait. What did I say? Attracted? Yes, Kim Taeyeon attracted to Tiffany Hwang. It’s a fact. Alright, snap out. Let’s get back to the meeting.

Tiffany already finished with design presentation and get back to her seat. Waiting for Taeyeon’s conclusion or in other word, “will her design will be thrown away or accepted in this summer collection?” Yes, that is more easy way to explain.

“Thank you Tiffany-ssi. Your idea was good. It’s all fresh and I never see that kind of design before this. Nice thinking I can say to you. The material you used also suitable, but most importantly it give the comfort to the wearer. But,” he stopped and look at Tiffany. Everyone also looking at Taeyeon, waiting him to blow up his anger again or something. Tiffany also thought the same thing as others.

“I think we have to change the color a bit. Too many pink I see here. What are the wearer gonna be? Barbie doll?” He said sarcastically and stare at Tiffany.

Tiffany put her head down as she embarrassed hearing Taeyeon being sarcastic with her. The others too keep smile and chuckled. Seeing Tiffany already put her head down, he then said again. This time he’s using serious tone.

“But overall if I have to rated it, I will rate it 100% over 100%. Good. Keep it up. I guess it’s a good thing recruiting you in my company. I’m interested to see your design more after this Tiffany-ssi.” He said with a small smile on his face while looking at Tiffany. He then get up from his seat and hand in back Tiffany’s sketch book. Everybody surprised with Taeyeon’s answer. Taeyeon never praised people like that. He always said “very good” “keep it up” “nice job” just ordinary praise like that.

“Alright, thank you for your hard work everyone. Meeting dismiss.” Yes, Tiffany is the last person presenting her work. Luckily, she didn’t get any problem with the practical students. Taeyeon then make his way and walk out from the meeting room.

 

Tiffany never thought that Taeyeon is her boss. Taeyeon just passed by her and give her a small smile, leaving Tiffany behind. All of the them then get out from the meeting room while talking about their boss weird behavior. Tiffany too, get out from the room and walked into her room. She sit on her chair and began to think.


TIFFANY POV

“That guy is my boss? The one that I had accident with? The one that annoyed me? We argue a lot. And he also had saved me? I mean how can I faced him now?”

That is what I had in my mind right now.

The most important is my hard work in this month has been paid. I didn’t make him mad or throw away my design just like others. And, he did praise me. I have to show him more about my design, there’s a lot he didn’t know about me. But there’s a thing that I curious about. did he already know me before I know him? I mean before we met. He must already read my file right before I reporting on the first day. If he did, that’s mean he must be pretending all this while? Oh yeah I remember when we bumped into each other last week. He said he met his friend here. He’s lying right? I knew it. This guy really get my nerves.

I’ve been thinking about the guy when suddenly I heard my door being knocked.

“Come in.” I said. I thought it was Jiyeon but I was mistaken. It’s not her. It’s a man, yes he is. And what more surprise is, he is my boss. The annoying guy, liar. But I know, even know he’s lying to me and so on he still my boss no matter what. so I did have to respect him here. He showed his head but didn’t enter my room.

“Oh Mr. Kim, what bring you here? You need something?” I asked him.

He nodded and come into my room. He let a smile and looking at me. I feel confuse? What’s wrong with this guy?

“You know, it’s weird hear you address me with that. I prefer you call me Mr. Nobody though.” He said and let out a smirk.

The heck?! It’s better than I call you liar, your liar!

“But you’re somebody Mr. Kim. You’re my boss. Now is there anything I can help you here?” He come in here, he must need something. He better tell me now, or I think I might blow up here thinking of all his lies.

“You have your car now?” He asked me the question. What kind of question is that? It’s nothing to do with our work. This guy is really weird.

“Aa yeah. Of course I have it now. Why did you asked me?” I even put out a bunch of car keys and show it to him. He then nodded and sit on the chair that have been put in front of my table.

“I guess your car arrive safely then.” Eh? What did he talking about? what? Did my car went missing before? What the heck is he talking about?!

He looked at my expression. Maybe he know that I’m kinda blur right now. He then talk again.

“Remember last week? At the club? I send you home and asked someone to send your car back, but you didn’t tell me that it has arrive safely. I’m sure you have my number. You can at least text me, Fany-ah. I afraid that your car didn’t get to you safely. That’s why I come here to ask you this. But you seem like you didn’t bother about it. ah, okay then. I’ll get back to my office. Continue your work.”

With that, I saw he walked out from my room and closed the door. I saw he walking with expressionless face through my transparent glass window. I don’t know why I feel this, but I feel guilty towards him when I hear he said “seem like you didn’t bother about it” that phrase really got me. One more thing, HE DROP THE FORMALITIES?!  He call me “Fany”. No one ever call me that. They usually prefer as “Tiff”. even my best friend never call me with that name. He is the first person call me with that name. i don’t know, I like it. it sound so sweet and peaceful to my ears.


TAENY MET! FINALLY!

hey guys! firstly i'm sorry for the late update! and i have a bad news. my holiday is over and now here i am, at the campus.yeah, that's mean classes with start, too many assignments to handle and that's mean NO UPDATE. but i'll try as much as i can so that i can update. i'll find time.