XX

The Ice Has Melted

Finally, a hectic week has come to end. Taeyeon still sleeping on his bed. Didn’t have sign he want to wake up. He wants to recharged his energy as much as he could. He has used too much energy this week. In fact, everyday actually. This is Kim Taeyeon when he’s not going to work. Either keep himself at home or going to his parents’ house, playing with Sarang. Yes, Kim Sarang that cute little girl. She was not there when he went to have dinner with his family few days ago. Sarang is Taeyeon’s life. He really want to bring Sarang live with him, but because he was so busy he can’t do that. Sarang is a bubbly girl, talkative and she also can melt people around her with her cute charms. Not to mention, her eye smile really make her more cute and he sure Sarang will be a beautiful lady when she grown up.

On the other house, Tiffany wake up with a fresh mind. Today she will spend her whole day with her best friend, Jessica. They will replace back their busy time with today. Jessica already call her last night stated time that they’ll meet. She already showered and get ready to go out. She grab her car keys and get out from her house and drive to the mall. Since they don’t know where to go, so going to the mall is the only choice they have. They promise to meet at 11 am at a café. Tiffany that already arrive at the café 15 minutes ago ordered an ice Americano while waiting for Jessica. She knows her friend is not a morning person but since she worked as a lawyer now, she guess her friend already used to it. The wait is over when Tiffany saw her best friend came into the café with fresh steps. Both of them saw each other and hugged like they’re long lost family or something. They then ordered something to eat and keep chatting about their work, their hectic days. Jessica told Tiffany about new cases that she has to handle while Tiffany told her about her unstoppable work. They both finished their meal and begin to walk around the mall. There is sometimes they will stop at some stores, looking thing that they interested in. Even though both of them were busy, they still follow the latest update about fashion. They’re girls after all.

“Look at this heels Tiff! Aren’t they the latest one?” Jessica took a pair of red heels and browse through it.

“Nah, it has already been released a month ago Jess.” Tiffany who was looking at the other kind of heels answered and shook her head.

“Aww, I guess I must be too busy then. You know, sometimes it a great thing having a fashion designer as a friend.”

Both of them chuckled and continue looking into the shop. Jessica went to the other side of the shop, as she saw a pair of heels that caught her eyes. While Tiffany still don’t have sign interested in those things. She was still finding her “shopping mood” when suddenly someone come and greet her. She then turn her head and saw a man wave his hands and smile to her.

“Hi! You’re Tiffany right? Don’t you remember me? I’m Yuri, we met at the car center last week. Remember?” Yuri tried to remind Tiffany about their first meeting.

“Oh hi! Yes of course I remember you. You’re Mr. Nobody’s friend right? Also the car center owner. Thanks for your help last time.” Tiffany remember him. He’s the one that explain about the car damage. Also his attitude was totally different with that grumpy guy. He was more approachable and friendly.

Yuri heard Tiffany replied to him and suddenly heard “Mr. Nobody” phrase. Who is that? He never knew any Mr. Nobody in his whole life. Did she talk about other person or what? Feeling curious, he then asked her.

“Um excuse me, but who is Mr. Nobody?”

“Ah it’s the guy that I hit his car. We met at your car center last week. He’s your friend right? Remember?” Tiffany explained.

“You mean Taeyeon? Yes, he’s my friend. But why did you call him with that name?”

 “I don’t know his name. He never told me before. I’m sorry I called him with that. I can’t think of any proper name.” Look at this guy, he even didn’t introduce himself properly to someone. How could he do that to this beautiful girl. He really bad at this.

“It’s okay. It not your fault anyway. Oh by the way, have you settle it with him? You know, about the car things?” Yuri asked as he concerned with Tiffany.

“Yes I did. He agree to let me pay it in installment.” Tiffany said and nodded to him. They then continue talking about small things. While Jessica, who is busy looking at those beautiful heels found her best friend is missing. She then turn around and looking for Tiffany. Jessica take the heels and bring it to Tiffany, want to asked her opinion.

“Tiff! look at this! Isn’t beautiful?” She said with her high-pitched tone.

Tiffany who was talking with Yuri looked at her best friend and a pair of heel that she hold. Seeing Tiffany didn’t answer her question, Jessica then saw Tiffany giving her sign to turn around with her eyes. Jessica then turn her back and saw a tanned, tall man standing behind her. He give a warm smile to Jessica. Jessica quickly bow and apologized to them.

“Whoops sorry for interrupted your conversation. I’ll be back later.” Jessica want to make her move when suddenly Yuri stopped her and said.

“Ah no, it’s okay. I’m about to go too.” Jessica stopped her move and stand beside Tiffany. Smile while looking at the situation, Tiffany then asked Yuri.

“You’re here alone Yuri-ssi?”

“Aish no need to be formal with me. Let just talk comfortably. Just call me Yuri. And yes, I’m alone. I guess you’re here with her?” He pointed his finger to the girl that stand beside Tiffany. Yuri laugh when he heard Tiffany speak formal with him. He sure that they’re in the same age.

“Well who else? Hahaha. Oh yeah Yuri, meet my friend Jessica. And Jessica, this is Yuri.”

Both Jessica and Yuri shake their hands and smile to each other. While their shaking hand Yuri introduce himself.

“Hi, I’m Yuri. Kwon Yuri.”

“I’m Jessica Jung. Your name is Kwon Yuri? Wait, perhaps your father’s name is Kwon Soon Young?”  Jessica thought that the surname is so familiar. So she asked Yuri about his father. She hope that her guessing were right.

“Aa yes. How do you know? Have we met before?” Ahah, bingo! He must be the son of Kwon Holding founder. Jessica have read an article about their company before. His father also appears in a business magazine and tv show too not too long ago.

“No, we’re not. But you really have a great family. Your family owned the Kwon Holding. That is the biggest machinery supplier company in Korea!” Tiffany just listen to their conversation and feel surprised when heard that Yuri is the son of a millionaire. She never thought his father is an important person Korea. Yes, he did look come from a rich family but never thought it was millionaire though. Guess that, she didn’t know much about business. Unlike Tiffany, Jessica know a lot about business. Well she often read business article and sometimes her client is also a business man/woman. So she have gather as many information as she could.

“Hahaha yeah that is my family, but I’m not into it.” Yuri said as he glanced at his wrist watch. He then said again.

“It a nice thing to know and talk to both of you, but I got to go now. I still have to find my mom’s birthday present.”

“Oh it your mom’s birthday today? Send our greetings to her okay!” Tiffany answered Yuri and Jessica nodded to her as a sign that she agree with Tiffany.

“Will do, and thank you both of you for wishing her. See you next time, bye!” Yuri then waved his hands and left the shop.

Jessica put the heels back on the display table and walked back to her best friend. She still think about Yuri, that guy is some kind… is sweet? Maybe. It just an assumption. Tiffany that realize Jessica has been quiet after Yuri left then asked her.

“Still thinking about Yuri?”

“What? No, I’m not. I’m thinking of-of…. of eating ice cream! Yes, let’s go Tiff get an ice cream!” Jessica don’t know what to answer. She scanned her eyes through the mall and found the ice cream shop. She automatically pointed her finger to the shop, didn’t want to continue the topic earlier.

Tiffany just laughing when see Jessica stutter. She nodded to Jessica and walk out of the shop. They both walked towards the ice cream shop while their eyes still look into other shops. Today is weekend, of course the ice cream shop has a lot of customers. They can see that people line up to buy the ice cream. It’s not even summer yet, chill everybody! Well, all of them probably want to take out their order as the seat in the shop is not that full. Both of them get into the ice cream shop and placed their order. Tiffany order a strawberry choco while Jessica picked strawberry flavor. After paid for the ice cream, they find a seat and seat by the window as they can see people outside. After eating a few mouthful of ice cream, Jessica suddenly remember something. Tiffany didn’t tell her yet, why she didn’t show up last night.

“By the way Tiff, why didn’t you show up last night? You still didn’t tell me about it.”

Tiffany, who has been eating her ice cream peacefully choked when heard Jessica’s question. Corner of her lips has been covered by ice cream. She then quickly wipe with tissue and answer Jessica’s question.

“Last night, I did come to the club Jess. I try to find you but I can’t see you anywhere. I went to sit at the bar and suddenly met...-” Tiffany stop right there. She wants to forget all of this, but she already promise to herself that she’ll tell Jessica about this.

“You meet who Tiff?” Jessica asked as she feeling curious. Plus, Tiffany’s expression is not good.

“It’s him. It’s him Jessica. I met him again after 5 years passed Jess.”

“What do you mean, you met him after 5 years? Who?” Tiffany put her ice cream spoon down and massage her temple. Sometimes the thing that she hates about her best friend is she late in her reaction, she also late in stimulate information. How can she pass and be a lawyer? I doesn’t make sense at all.This girl seriously.

“Ugh why did you so slow Jess? I met Nick last night. Remember that guy 5 years ago?” Tiffany explained to the ‘blur’ girl.

“What?!” Jessica’s eyes wide and she let out her high-pitched voice. Tiffany that sit in front of her, asked her to slow down her voice as all the customers in the ice cream shop is looking at them now. Jessica look around her, let out a sheepish grin and bow her head as apologize. Of course she remember that scumbag. He makes her best friend hurt for years! She couldn’t open her heart for anyone after that. And it all because of that jerk!

“Like seriously you met that ? Gosh, what is he doing here? Didn’t he live in LA?” Jessica’s eyes become wide and her eyebrows curled.

“I don’t know Jess. What I know is, he’s working at the club. He’s the one that takes my order at the bar.” Tiffany shrugged her shoulder. She doesn’t know what he’s doing here too.

“He what? I never see him before. And wait, a super-rich boy now working at the club? Are you kidding me? He must be up to something. Did he recognize you Tiff?” Jessica asked her again.

“He know me. He even call my name and run after me.”

“What?! Oh my God Tiff! Why you didn’t call me?! He might have hurt you! Did he do anything to you?” Jessica get up from her seat and sit beside Tiffany. She checked her best friend’s body whether she’s hurt somewhere.

“I was about to call you when suddenly he call me. so I just walked away from him. I didn’t know he will chase me Jess. I’m sorry.”

“No need to be sorry Tiff. Now the most important is, did he do anything to you or not?”

“No, he did not. He just managed to pull me into the rest room and then a guy came and beat him up.” Jessica feel relieved when heard Tiffany’s explanation. She suddenly feels guilty for inviting her to the club. She even let her best friend alone and didn’t be there with her when she in need. If only the idea didn’t pop up in her mind that day, all of this will not happen. Luckily there’s a guy come and rescued her. If there’s no one there? Her best friend may be afflicted!

“I’m sorry Tiff. I was not there when you were in trouble. If only I didn’t invite you to the club. You’ll not met him and all of this will not happen.” She expressed her regret towards Tiffany.

“No Jess. It’s not your fault at all. Let just think that this is all fate, okay? Sooner or later I’ll meet him eventually. This earth is not broad, Jess. How far we try to run away from people we hate, in the end we will met them too. So please don’t feel guilty, okay? Look, I’m fine here.” Tiffany patted Jessica’s shoulder as that girl already look down the table, feeling bad for herself. Jessica look up to Tiffany and she nodded. Tiffany then give her an eye smile and they continue eating their ice cream.

They spend their weekend by walking and shopping in the mall. Jessica buy some clothes and so do Tiffany. They also be a food hunter that day. They eat a lot of things and tried food that they never tried before. Both of them say goodbye to each other after they had dinner together and went home after that. They’re totally out of energy, but it was worth it. It’s been a while since they spend time with each other. Doing this sometimes also can relief their work stress. 


Who is that little girl Kim Sarang? Taeyeonnie only have 1 sister, that is Haeyeon. So who is that little girl? Dugeun dugeun~ and yeah little bit of YulSic over there. >< Pardon all my mistakes! Keep reading and feel free to comment!