XXXII

The Ice Has Melted

It has been 2 days since Tiffany discharged from hospital. She already got enough rest during weekend at Taeyeon’s house. Since they’re back from her house in the last 2 days, they just live like usual. In Saturday, they went to the supermarket to buy some groceries. Tiffany amazed with Taeyeon’s knowledge about all of that thing. He even listed things he has to buy. He’s really meticulous person. That day, they only spent time at home after shopping the groceries. Taeyeon went out for a while after back from supermarket. Tiffany didn’t know where did he go. But he back after half an hour though. Same goes to Sunday, they stay at home and went out for dinner at night. Taeyeon take care of Tiffany well in those days. He will cook breakfast for her and even check on her every hour. He knows she already fine but still he worried about her. He always hear Tiffany scream in her sleep. He wonder what dream did she got? Sometimes Tiffany will yell asking for help. There is a night which last night, Tiffany once again screaming in her sleep. Taeyeon, who was doing his work at that time heard her and rushed to her room. Taeyeon wake her up and said that everything is alright. This time, Taeyeon surprised, not only she’s screaming but she also crying. Taeyeon left his work accompanied her that night until morning. Tiffany did have bad dream again but not bad as before. Taeyeon’s back hurt because sleep on the chair beside her bed that night. But he didn’t mind it, as long as Tiffany can sleep well that is enough for him.

Tiffany didn’t know that Taeyeon accompanied her last night. She woke up this morning looking around her and saw no one. So she go and get ready to go to work. Taeyeon who has already up before dawn go back to his room and arranged back the work that he left last night. He then went to jog at  the park near his house. It was supposed to be his routine every morning but he stop doing that since he kinda busy in this past few weeks. But today, he gonna continue it. Taeyeon just changed into a sleeveless top and a jogger pants. He put on earphone and get out from the house.

Tiffany who is getting ready to work get out from her room to find Taeyeon. She want to tell him she’ll go to office first, since she didn’t have her car. She have to catch on public transport or not she’ll be late. She look around the house but can’t find him anywhere. She then went to kitchen. As on time, Taeyeon is back from jogging. He went out at dawn and back around 7 am. He went straight to kitchen to drink some water and saw Tiffany looking for something there.

“Tiffany?” He called.

Tiffany flinched as she were shocked hearing someone called her name. She turn and saw Taeyeon who’s holding a glass of water looking at her with confuse look. Tiffany look at Taeyeon who was sweating after exercising this morning. She saw his bare muscular arms, and also sweat that ran down from his head. Taeyeon really look manly at this time. He then snapped his finger in front of her face as she didn’t response anything after being called. Tiffany back to reality and shook her head, want to erase the thought from her mind.

“Yes?” She finally responds.

“What are you looking for?” Taeyeon asked her as he take a sip of water from the glass he hold just now.

“Uh I’m looking for you. I want to inform you that I’ll be going first.”

“Huh? Looking for me in this early morning?” He thought. Taeyeon feel curious on where she’ll be going at this morning.

“Where are you going?”

“To the office of course. Today is Monday. Where will I going then?”

Oh snap! He patted his forehead. Taeyeon almost forgot that today is Monday. He really didn’t realize that 2 days has already passed. Time flies!

“But why are you going so early? Don’t you want to breakfast first?”

“No thanks, I’ve to rush. The train might be full if I’m late.” Tiffany rejected Taeyeon’s offer to have breakfast first before going to office.  

“Wo wo wait a minute. Why did you have to go to office by train?” Taeyeon asked her again. He still didn’t get it.

Tiffany tired with him. Looks charismatic and so on but he did have this side of him. Why must he forgot that she didn’t bring her car yet? She then let out a sigh.

“I didn’t have my car. It still at my house.”

Damn it! Taeyeon forgot about that. Pabo Kim Taeyeon! He put the glass down and wipe his sweat. He can’t let Tiffany going to office by train or any other public transport right now. There are many things can happen in that time. Yes, maybe some might think he’s being paranoid and so on but he just wants her to be safe so he think of an idea.

“Take my car.” That’s it. That is his idea.

Tiffany who still standing in front of him widen her eyes, thinking of she misheard something.

“Pardon?”

“I said you can take my car.” He repeat again.

“So I really didn’t mishear? He said what? Take his car? No way I can’t do that.”

“But what about you?” What was she thinking? This is Kim Taeyeon, he sure has a lot of car. Even if it being stolen or damaged he still can buy the new one. In fact, he can buy double of it.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll use another car.” He said with slumber.

Tiffany silent. She thinking of reject or accept his offer. She didn’t want to feel more doubted towards him. Taeyeon keep looking at Tiffany. He knows what she’s thinking. She must feeling doubted towards him by now. Didn’t wait any longer, he then put his car keys on the table near her and walk towards the stairs to go upstairs while said:

“I know what are you thinking. Just take it or you’ll not going to the office.” Tiffany looked at the car keys. “Should I take it or not?”

“Don’t feel doubted!” He shout before Tiffany heard the sound of slammed door.  

Tiffany took the car keys slowly. She don’t know if what she do now is a right thing or not. She then went to her room to take her bag and apply some make up.

Taeyeon who still in his room in the process of getting ready to the office. Today he just wear a casual outfits as he didn’t have any meeting at all. Well at least his workload is decreased. Taeyeon didn’t take long time to get ready. All his outfits is ready in his wardrobe, so he just have to grabbed it and put it on.

20 minutes spending in their own room, both of them then get out. Taeyeon get out first and went to downstairs to prepare a breakfast. He just make a toast and coffee. Well that is his menu, but he didn’t know whether Tiffany likes coffee or not. So, he prepares 2. No, wait it’s 3. He prepares 3 kind of drink.

Tiffany went down after Taeyeon finish make a toast. She can smell it all over the house. From her way down, she can see Taeyeon pour coffee into a cup. She then make her way to the kitchen. Taeyeon too, he smell something sweet in his house this morning. Usually he only smell coffee aroma in his house, but today it’s different. He knows that is Tiffany’s perfume. Taeyeon saw Tiffany walks towards him, her fresh face in the morning, she put on a simple make up but her beauty make her look more beautiful even though she already beautiful.

“Hey there, come sit here. Let’s have breakfast together.” Taeyeon asked her to sit on the chair next to him. Tiffany just nodded and follow his order.

“What do you want? Tea, orange juice or coffee?”

“Can I have a cup of coffee?” Tiffany loves coffee. She drink those 3 drinks but she prefer coffee.

Taeyeon nodded and pour coffee into a cup and give it to her. They then start to eat.

“You drink coffee too? So why did you prepare the 2 more then?” Tiffany realize that Taeyeon also drink a coffee like her. Taeyeon didn’t look interested with those 2 drinks. So if he didn’t, why did he make those drinks? It will be wasted.

Taeyeon munching his toast and drink a sip of coffee then answered:

“Because I don’t know what do you like to drink. That’s why I prepare tea and juice. I thought you don’t like coffee.” Tiffany stop eating upon hearing Taeyeon’s answer. She didn’t know that he would be so thoughtful!

“You don’t have to do this. This is more than enough Taeyeon, I’m fine with anything.”

“Aish it’s not that hard. Let’s continue eat or we gonna stuck in traffic later.”

Tiffany nodded and continue to munch her toast. She never get to eat this peaceful. Well maybe on weekend, but not on weekdays. She always rushed on these days. Sometimes she never get to eat at all.

Finish eating they then make their way out and go to office. Today, Tiffany is driving Taeyeon’s favorite car. Yeah the same car that she hit few months ago. While Taeyeon drive his spare car that he parked just beside the Audi. He’s driving Porsche Boxster today. Both of them then drive out from the building and go to the office. Tiffany arrived first at the office. Because of Taeyeon’s car window is tinted, the security couldn’t see the driver. Usually Taeyeon will let the security parked his car but not today. Since the driver has changed, Tiffany drive straight to the parking lot the usual place she parked her car. While Taeyeon arrive a few minutes after Tiffany. Taeyeon got detained by the security for parking at the VIP section. Well, he’s driving a different car today. The security quickly apologizes after saw Taeyeon get out from the car. Taeyeon didn’t bother it, he just went up to his office.


 

AT THE OFFICE

No one knows what happen to both of them in last week. They just act normally like boss and his worker. Tiffany’s colleagues asked why did she missing in this 1 week. Tiffany just explain that she sick and got admitted to the hospital. Tiffany is a friendly and cheerful colleague, that is why all of them were comfortable with her. Yeah at first they can’t accept her, well maybe because she’s from abroad and look kinda cold at first but actually she’s approachable.

Taeyeon, who was in his room just look at Tiffany’s room that being enter by his other workers. He smile when look at them. Deep in his mind, he glad looking at the other workers who treat her well. He then continue dong his work.

While Tiffany still chatting with her colleagues,

“Congratulations sunbae-nim! Your main design be in the top chart this weeks!” Hara the practical student congratulate her.

Tiffany’s main collection really give a big hit. After it being released, people really crazy for it. They have been restocking the collection for a few times. All the collections in shops all over Seoul also sold out. Their new summer collections be the main topic on fashion magazine, talk show and also online fashion forum straight those weeks. The stock price too, increasing day by day.

“Yes, congratulation Tiffany! You’re really a great designer!”

“We rarely get the chance to be on the top chart for straight weeks! Thanks to you!”

“Tiffany jjang!”

Tiffany heard that kind of compliment from her colleagues.

“Thank you. We’re doing this together as a team so not only me, but all of you too. Congratulations to us.” She let out the eye smile. 

--

Both of them continue to do their work until noon. Taeyeon look at his wrist watch. It’s already lunch hour. He saw some of his worker already went out for lunch. Taeyeon arranged his things and make his way out from the room. he walked toward the last room at the corner. He then knocked the door.

“Come in.”

Taeyeon walked into the room and stand in front of the table, still waiting for the next respond. Tiffany who still doing her work look up and saw Taeyeon stand in front of her. yes, Taeyeon went to Tiffany’s room.

“What this guy do in my room?” Tiffany thought.

She then get up from her seat. She didn’t thought that it’s Taeyeon who come to her room. she thought it must be her other colleagues.

“Sorry I didn’t know it’s you Mr. Kim. What can I help you?”

Taeyeon just smile looking at her,

“Let’s lunch.”

“Huh pardon me?”

“I think you really have to check your ears Tiffany. It’s getting worst. I said let’s go to eat. It’s already lunch.”

“You know… eat?” Taeyeon repeat it again. This time, he use body language as well.

Tiffany didn’t have problem with her hearing sense. She just feel surprised, shocked whenever Taeyeon talk to her or asked her something. Just like this morning when Taeyeon asked her to use his car instead of taking public transport. His behavior sometimes didn’t show it like him.

“Um thanks for the offer but no thank you Mr. Kim. I’m still full. Plus, I still got work to do.” Full? Full with what? Didn’t she forget that Taeyeon knows what she eats this morning. Hello, they’re living together now.

“I don’t know toast can make you full. Come on, forget those and let’s eat.”

Tiffany didn’t know what to reply, so she keeps silent. Taeyeon, who still waiting for her answer looking at Tiffany who already in her mode which is “silent mode”. He then walked towards her table and arranged everything. He close her sketch book, shut down her laptop and also put the files aside. Tiffany’s eyes widen when she saw Taeyeon do all of those things. Unlike before, Tiffany’s table now neat and tidy.

“Now you don’t have any work right? Let’s eat.” Taeyeon smirk. He knows she can’t resist his offer anymore. She got no excuse.

Tiffany annoyed with him. She thought on going lunch after finish her work but unfortunately this guy a.k.a her boss come into her room and ‘volunteer’ to ‘clean up’ her work.  Now she has to going lunch with him. Tiffany glare at Taeyeon who still smirking at her and grabbed her handbag.

“Ugh. Fine. Let’s go.” She just walk out from her room, didn’t bother to wait for Taeyeon.

In her step, Tiffany nagging alone.

“Why must I go with this annoying guy? And why did I have to follow his order? Yeah I know he’s my boss, but must he have to control my eating hour too? Aish jinjja!”

When they out, the office already empty. There’s only a few workers didn’t go for lunch yet. They didn’t bother about of them as they were focus on sketching. Taeyeon, who walked behind her just laugh hearing Tiffany talk to herself. He then widen his steps and walk beside her while said:

“Because I know you will forget to eat your lunch because of doing your work. I don’t want my precious designer fall sick again.” He look at her and smile while walk into the elevator.

Tiffany stop her step. In front of the elevator.

“Did he hear what I said just now? Ohmy God. Am I too loud? Omo, what to do? Pabo Tiffany.”

Tiffany bites her lower lips and look down to the floor. She can feel her face is burning now because of embarrassed.

“Are you going to stay there all day? Come on, in.” he said from in the elevator. He really didn’t mind actually what Tiffany said about him. He understands that she might feel irritated and annoyed towards him. But he don’t care. He just wants her to stay healthy and be like today. Happy and cheerful.

Tiffany quickly come inside the elevator. She stands behind Taeyeon, didn’t want to faced him. They went to Japanese restaurant near their building. They just walked to the restaurant since it’s near. Some of workers see Taeyeon and Tiffany walked at the lobby together with weird look. They rarely get to see Taeyeon went out to lunch with someone else. Usually he’ll go out with Sunny or alone. Taeyeon knows that everybody is watching him but he just ignores it and continue to walk with Tiffany. They arrive at the restaurant less than 10 minutes. Luckily the restaurant is not full. Before they come here, Taeyeon did asked Tiffany what she want to eat in the elevator on their down, but she said anything would okay for her. Taeyeon suggested this Japanese restaurant to her. Japanese food always been her favorite. Whoops correction, she loves to eat. So basically all kind of food is her favorite. Same like Jessica. Indeed, they’re best friend though. Both of them will eat like in a meokbang show every time they were together.

They’re now finish ordering and waiting for the food to arrive. Taeyeon who sit opposite Tiffany look at her that played her phone since they finished ordering just now.

“Ahem” Taeyeon coughed to attract her attention. And yes, his plan succeed because Tiffany stop played her phone and now look at him. Taeyeon smile looking at her. He has something in his mind that he want to ask her but he not sure if he could say it as that is her personal matter. At that time, Tiffany still looking at him with curious look. Taeyeon gather his courage and then said:

“Um I want to ask you something, may I?” Tiffany nodded, giving him a permission.

Tiffany curious what Taeyeon want to ask her. but she still waiting for him to open his mouth.

“Did anyone know about you… um you know, what happen to you that night and now you stay with me?”

Boom! That question finally out. Tiffany panic, she didn’t know how to answer the question. No one knows about her stayed at Taeyeon’s house. In fact, no one knows what happen to her exactly. She now thinking whether she want to keep lying or just speak the truth. Better be truth, because lie won’t stay long.

Taeyeon look at the silent Tiffany now. Did he say anything wrong or she misunderstand his mean?

“I’m sorry but I didn’t mean to interrupt your personal life. I feel relieve if there is someone know about this other than me. Me too, didn’t know what happen to you actually.” Taeyeon explained. What he said was true though. It could be a big problem if all of this was revealed.

“Actually…” just when Tiffany want to open , both of them shocked by someone calling Taeyeon’s name.

“Hey Taeng! What a coincidence!” Tiffany and Taeyeon know that voice. Both of them now panic and look at each other. Tiffany want to get up and run from there, but being stopped. Her wrist being grabbed by Taeyeon.

“It’s already too late. Just stay. Act like usual.” He release her wrist. Tiffany stay at her position, praying and hoping that everything will be alright.

Here comes the person that greet Taeyeon just now. It’s Sunny who just a few meters from them now. And unexpectedly she is not alone. Now standing beside her is Hyoyeon, and there is another person appear from Hyo’s back. That person is… Yuri.


Sorry for the late update ! i keep messed up with the plot. please accept my appologize *bow i'll try harder. >< pardon all my grammar and spelling mistakes.