XII

The Ice Has Melted

*Forgot to tell you that the previous chapter and this chapter happen at the same time. 


Jessica walk back to her seat where Tiffany was waiting for her. As soon as she sit, Tiffany began to talk.

“Who is that Jess?” Tiffany asked as she remember Jessica talked to the girl that she stare just now.

“Oh that girl? Remember when my sister having a serious depression and have attempt a suicide?” Tiffany just nodded and wait for Jessica to talk again.

“She’s the one that treat my sister and she is a psychiatrist. She’s young but able to be an expert. What a genius girl.” Jessica explain.

“Ah is that so? Wow. She got really brilliant gen in her family. So how about that man? Is that her boyfriend?” Tiffany asked curiously.

“Um, I think so yeah its her boyfriend. She got a nice life at a young age. Got a best job, a lot of money and also got a boyfriend. Her life is totally complete. Ahh I’m jealous of her.” Jessica said with sad tone.

Tiffany laughed with Jessica’s answer. Despite of being in a cold image, Jessica also this side of her. But what Jessica said is true. That girl totally have a perfect life. Yeah she also got her dream job as fashion designer, but she didn’t have all that girl have. She got a nice job, a supportive family and bestfriend. But she is missing something. Yes, a boyfriend.

Her first and last relationship is during her freshman year in college. She never know what is first love mean. She never be in love before. But when she enter college, she always dreamed to have a boyfriend and thought her college life would be perfect after that. Because of her naive attitude, she never thought that she’ll be tricked by her boyfriend.

FLASHBACK

Tiffany walked through the corridor with everybody looking at her. They’re whispering among themselves. She wonder why and her curiosity increased when she didn’t see her boyfriend for the whole week. Look like he’s been keeping something from her. Tiffany quicken her step, she must find her boyfriend no matter what. But her step stopped when she saw her boyfriend being lovey dovey with other woman infront of her. She went towards his boyfriend as her anger raised up. She then pull the other girl away from her boyfriend and raised her hand up to slap the girl but then she was stopped by her boyfriend.

“What do you think you doing?!” He yelled.

“She flirting with you! Can’t you see it?! What’s wrong with you!” Tiffany yelled back.

“I’m the one that flirting with her! Don’t blame her! Now get out from my way!” He said and held the girl’s hand, ready to walked away from her.

“Wait, what’s wrong with you?” Tiffany asked showed her confuse face.

“What’s wrong with me? Nothing wrong! We been together, that is wrong!”He answered while pointing his index finger toward Tiffany.

Tiffany was suprised hearing her boyfriend’s words. She never thought that those harsh words will came out from his mouth. Her tears flowed on her cheeks. They were happy in this 2 months and now she’s being dumped suddenly? She keep silent but her hand still holding his boyfriend, woops ‘ex-boyfriend’ shirt.

“Didn’t you get it Tiff?We’re over! It just a bet between my friend! I never thought that I’ll won the bet so easy.” He said with arrogant tone and pull away his hand.

“What? So all the things that we did, all did you say... th-that is ju-just a lie?”She said between her sobbed.

“Of course its a lie. It was a bet after all. Do you think that I’ll love someone like you? Who do you think you are? So easy to be fooled, easy to be used, so naive. Hahaha I never thought you’re this stupid Tiffany. You’re just look like a fcking pathe-” His word being cut off Tiffany’s slap.

“Enough with the words!”


“Tiff? Tiffany? Why didn’t you eat your food?”

Tiffany’s flashback was being cutted by Jessica’s sudden question. Tiffany look on the table, she didn’t eat her food yet. And then she looked at Jessica who is still looking at her with confuse face.

“What’s wrong with you?” Jessica asked again.

“What? Ah I’m fine Jess. Let’s eat.” Tiffany replied shortly.

Jessica know Tiffany is thinking about something but she didn’t bother to answer anymore and continue her eating. They keep eating with silence. Since lunch hour almost over, they have to finish their lunch quickly and head back to office.

 

“Thanks for the lunch and bye Jess” Tiffany thanked Jessica and get out from the car.

“Not a big deal Tiff.” Jessica replied and winked at her bestfriend as she started to drive.

Tiffany just laughed and waved her hand towards Jessica. After Jessica left, Tiffany enter the building and head towards her office to continue her work. She do her work finely and there sometimes Sunny will knocked her door to asked her whether she’s okay or not. But then Suuny will left the office. Also Jiyeon who came to her room to passed her file that she asked before that. Tiffany too focused until she didn’t realise that its time to go home. Guess that she has gone through a lot on her first day of work. She went out from her office and heading to the basement parking where she parked her car. Tiffany then drive back to her home.

“Finally its end of the day” Tiffany said to herself as she threw her body on the bed. She already arrive at her apartment after 45 minutes drive. This time, she drive extra careful. Little trauma from what has happen this morning.

She then get up and take her shower. Because she’s too tired, she didn’t bother to take dinner. Plus, she already eat a lot at lunch this afternoon. She decided to go to bed after taking shower. 


sorry for the late update! i just discharged from hospital. since here was soooo freaking hot, i got fever and yeah lack of water and so on. thought on updating it in ward, but forgot that i don't have laptop. silly me ><. Enjoy!