XXIII

The Ice Has Melted

Both of them Taeyeon and Tiffany didn’t said anything after Sarang and Hayeon come to the office. They back to their room and continue with their work. Meanwhile workers outside is already whisper among themselves, talking about the child and Taeyeon. This really shocked everyone. Taeyeon is kinda secretive towards everyone except the close one to him or his family of course. Even his best friends knew about Sarang 2 years after she was born. Look how Kim Taeyeon cleverly hide her from them. Taeyeon knows, his workers must be gossiping about him right now. But he doesn’t give a damn about them, to him it just a small matter. Yes, he has a child. So what?

Tiffany still deep in thought about what she has saw at the office this morning. She lay on her bed and put her right arm on her forehead. She still can’t believe that he has already married. He has already married yet still going to the club? Whoa. It’s not like married man can’t go to the club, usually they’ll be “controlled” by their wives. Saying that they’ll be jealous and so on. Well typical married woman. But this man, really got something. tiffany didn’t know how to describe, but she feel something about this guy. With that thought, Tiffany fell asleep.

A month has been passed. The date of summer collection fashion show has near. In Taeyeon’s office has already starting to riot. All designers work table already messed up with bunch of papers. They currently preparing for the fashion show. This time, Taeyeon take a risk by using half of the summer collection from practical students. He have observed a few practical students that have potential and decided to used their design as one of the summer collection. And for this fashion show too, Tiffany’s design has been chosen to be the main design. So that’s mean she has more work to do. It’s not like she never participated in fashion show or something, but this is first time her design be the main design for a collection. Usually, her design just a minor one or just a supporting design. Well, there’s many senior designers at her former workplace though. Be a supporting designer already enough. It’s an honor how she can also distribute in the collection.

For those who involve in the coming soon fashion show, they’ll always went out from the office. They have to find model and also be familiar with the venue at the venue. Beside have to prepared for her own design, she also have to show and teach the practical students since they’ve not familiar yet with fashion show. They may be did attend or organize fashion show back then in university but that is not the same fashion show as this. Plus, this is an exclusive fashion show. So the way they organize the things are different. They were introduced to the models, stage director and all other people that involved in the event. Sunny on the other side busy preparing for the guest. She has to make sure all important guest have been invited, all the VIPs, customer with privilege pass and also some of artist. Since it’s the first big project that she have been handle without Taeyeon, she has to make sure that everything is perfect.

SKIP TO FEW HOURS BEFORE FASHION SHOW

Everything has been set. From the guest, stage, to the lighting and so on. And the most important is, the designer and models. All designer has been busy with their last touch up at their design. So do Tiffany. Everything was fine, until a crew come to the backstage and informed her that one of the model involve in an accident and can’t make it to the event. Unfortunately, the model is going to wear Tiffany’s outfit. More worst is, it the main design. Tiffany panic. There is no time to find another model since they already running out of time. Other models already have more than outfit to wear and no time to change it. All people at the backstage in panic. Didn’t know what to do. The only choice that she have is to dismiss the design since there is no models available. Tiffany really can feel the stress that started to come. She feel lost, down and depress. She have been struggle for months, didn’t have enough sleep, her design even get to be the main design and this is what she got?

Just at the right time, Taeyeon come to the backstage to checked situation. He saw that their face did not show a happy face, instead they’re panicking.

“What’s wrong with you guys?”

But none of them answered him. He then turn his head and look at Tiffany. She also didn’t smile like she always did.

“Tiffany-ssi, anything okay?” Taeyeon looked at her still demand for an explanation. The backstage was so hectic plus noisy with music and so on. he saw Tiffany negative expression. Taeyeon know something is not right with them and he need to know about it. He then grabbed Tiffany’s wrist and bring her to the side where is less noisy.

“What’s wrong with all of you?” This time Taeyeon be softer and calm. Although they still didn’t talk much, but this time he need to make a move. He can sense that Tiffany tried to avoid him and whenever they bumped into each other, Taeyeon tried to smile at her but she just nodded and fasten her steps.

“Please tell me so that I can help you”

He saw Tiffany lift up her head. He can see her eyes sparkling because of tears formed in it. Taeyeon widen his eyes. Don’t know what to do. While Tiffany still looked at him. Taeyeon’s heart hurt seeing her. He must know what happen. Did something bad happen or what? Since there is no people around them, he then called her name by dropping the formalities.

“Fany-ah”

Instead of answered him, Tiffany hug him. She feel depressed and panic. She sacrificed a lot of her time designing those and this happen? She even promised her dad to meet him but she canceled it because she thought that designing those were more important. They didn’t met after she move to Korea a month ago. She really can’t accept this. At that time, Tiffany didn’t even realize that she’s hugging Taeyeon. What she only knows is, she need to hug someone right now. She need shoulder to cry. But he smelled good though. ((lol)) ><

Tiffany explain what has happen between her sobs. Taeyeon release her hug and wipe her tears. He want to hear it clearly so that’s why he broke the hug. Now Taeyeon understand everything. That is why all of them feel down and their expression doesn’t look good. Taeyeon just keep listening, didn’t interrupt her. Based on her explanation, she is right. There is no time to find for a replacement. But that doesn’t mean she have to back off and dismiss the design. Taeyeon come out with better idea than that.

“Look, you were right. There is no way we can find replacement now. But I know a way that maybe can help you.” Taeyeon said and give her a small smile.

Tiffany still quiet and look at Taeyeon bright face. Why does this guy can smile when I’m here stressed out and down?

“I can replace the model.” Taeyeon said.

Tiffany’s eyes widen and surprised upon hearing Taeyeon’s word. He didn’t mean it right? This guy can’t be serious. He want to be replacement? Did he know how to be a model?

“You can’t be serious right Mr.Kim.?” Tiffany asked him with serious tone.

“No, I’m serious Fany-ah. I can replace the model. I know this is important to you, so I want to help you.” Taeyeon answered, still drop the formality. He know how Tiffany tried so hard in this months. He rarely saw Tiffany went to lunch. She prefers finish up her work than anything else. He also often saw Tiffany stayed up late. He purposely stay back late because don’t want Tiffany to be alone. It might be dangerous for her. Tiffany never know that because Taeyeon’s room being covered by black tinted glass and always put curtain down in his room. Even though they rarely talk, Taeyeon always make sure that Tiffany is safe and fine. There is time when Taeyeon will quietly followed Tiffany’s car. No, don’t be mistaken. He didn’t try to be stalker or what, he just want to protect Tiffany even from a far.

Tiffany still didn’t believe what she heard just now. Taeyeon want to help her? she didn’t answer him. Tiffany just keep quiet and still think about it. Taeyeon who still standing in front of her can’t wait anymore. She can be quiet for how many time she wants later, but now they have to get ready for the event that will start in a few hours. Taeyeon grabbed her wrist once again and dragged her back to the backstage. They still there at the backstage, full with expressionless people. Taeyeon release her wrist then said:

“Okay everyone, raise up! We already got the solution. Come on, chill up here!” Taeyeon said with bright tone. Everybody at the backstage look at Taeyeon with confuse face. But then, a female workers who is also involved in the event asked him:

“Did we already have the replacement Mr.Kim?”

Taeyeon smile and nodded. Taeyon can hear “jinjja?” “Omo what a miracle!”. Yeah that kind of phrase. He can also see some of them clapped their hands as a happy sign.

“Where is the model. Let us get started now!.” Another designer stated happily.

“He is in front of you now.” All of them stopped everything when heard Taeyeon’s answer. They looked around and saw nothing but the same people they have know. What left now is their boss, Taeyeon. Taeyeon then pointed his index finger to himself. As expected, they were all surprised. Some of them know that Taeyeon used to be a model before. He did wear his own design, but it was before he open the company. They know because some of them used to be Taeyeon’s junior when they in their freshmen year at the university.   

“What are you waiting for? We got a big event to handle here everybody.” Taeyeon clapped his hand few times to wake them up from imagination.

“Today I’ll be the model. So, feel free to do anything. Just treat same like other of them. Alright, let’s move it people!” Taeyeon said. All of them quickly moved and began to prepared again. Taeyeon know what outfit he gonna wear because he’s the one that choose them. Luckily, Taeyeon fit the size as the previous model is not so tall. Their size just right.

Tiffany on the other side still worried about Taeyeon’s decision. She afraid that he can’t make it. it will make it more worst.

“Don’t worry, trust me okay?” Tiffany heard someone whisper to her. She then look in front and saw Taeyeon look at her and give her a smile then winked at her while holding the outfit. Waiting to changed them.

Sunny on the outside busy make sure that everything was fine and good. There are some guest already arrive and the event will start in a few minutes more. Taeyeon who already done change into stage outfit is being touch up right now. Neither Sunny or people outside know Taeyeon will be a model tonight. Taeyeon can hear music has been played and MC already announced something. That’s mean the event has started. After half an hour, the main design will be out and revealed Taeyeon as the model. Sunny  who sit on the VIP side has been try to call Taeyeon for thousand times. He’s not there in her first ever big project? Plus this is the most exclusive fashion show has been done by Sonexclusive. Pft what kind of friend he is? She really frustrated towards Taeyeon. While Tiffany at the backstage looking at Taeyeon and opened in “O” shape. He look so experience and he’s actually better than the previous model. Tiffany

It’s now Taeyeon’s turn. Taeyeon went out with his high confident level and walked on the runaway. He walked confidently and plus with his manly expression. All the audience and guest were shocked seeing the CEO himself be a model. Sunny also widen her eyes, didn’t believe in what she see. Her best friend, be a model again? This is really not the usual Kim Taeyeon. All the audience, clapped their hands. They finished it by Tiffany went out as the designer of the outfit.

Finally the event ended successfully. Taeyeon’s last minute idea really helped Tiffany a lot. Taeyeon quickly change into his normal outfit and ready to went suddenly he heard Tiffany called him. He turn his body faced Tiffany and smile, showing his dimples.

“Thank you for helping me. Well again. I do owed you a lot Mr.Kim.” Tiffany said with soft tone.

“Aish why did you have to be so formal? Just call my name okay? Plus, I’m not your boss today. I’m just an ordinary model.” Taeyeon answered her. He show a lot of his smile today. Feeling happy maybe?

“I can’t. You-you’re my..”

“Your what? Boss? Forget about that for a while will you? For now, I’m nothing. Or maybe your friend?” Taeyeon continue her sentence and offered his hand, want to shake hand with Tiffany.

Tiffany accept the handshake and nodded.

“Now, I can redeem my rewards didn’t I?”

“Huh? What reward?” Tiffany blur with Taeyeon’s sudden question. What reward did he talking about?

“Remember that night when I send you home. You said I can have a reward.”

“I didn’t say that! I said I don’t know how to repay you. You’re the one state it by yourself!” Tiffany glare at Taeyeon.

“Whatever, but I still want my reward. I don’t care. Fullstop.”

“Ugh this annoying guy. What do you want?” Ugh this guy really annoying! It’s like he has a split personality. One time, he can be nice and friendly. Also in one time, he can be annoying. Just like this one.

“Urm I can’t think of anything good right now. I’ll tell you later. But for starter, let’s asked you to make me a cup of coffee every morning. Bye! I’ll wait for your coffee tomorrow Fany-ah! Hahahaha!” he let out an evil laugh and walked out from the backstage. 

 


Look at Taeyeon make Tiffany feel annoyed. hahahaha. so what reward did Taeyeon want from Tiffany? Stay tuned! keep read and comment. i'm getting addicted to your comment >< hikhik