XXII

The Ice Has Melted

Since that day, Taeyeon never come to her room again. Didn’t know why, but he feel hurt. He helped her, but look like she doesn’t appreciate it at all. Or maybe she really didn’t interested to him? Taeyeon never smile to his workers again. He be the old Taeyeon, which mean strict, expressionless, hot-tempered. In this week, there’s few workers have been scold by Taeyeon. They have been severely reprimanded. This time, Taeyeon really let out his anger. He threw their files out of the room and even yelled at them. All workers really surprised with Taeyeon’s tempered. They know how Taeyeon always let out his anger, but they never see Taeyeon really this angry.

“You come into my room to show me this? What is this? This is rubbish!” Taeyeon hold a sketch book while flip the other pages harshly.

“Copy from other brand’s design, add a bit of your “idea” and then claimed this as your design?! What kind of designer are you? You even can’t call yourself a designer!” He slammed the sketchbook on his table.

“Now, get out and take these rubbish out of my room! And don’t come here until you really have your own design!” He then throws the sketch book. But this time, the sketch book threw out of his room.

Tiffany that walked in front of Taeyeon’s room surprised when suddenly a sketch book landed in front of her. She just got back from washroom, and hear noise from the receptionist section. She saw that every workers in the office keep quiet and their eyes look at Taeyeon’s room. She ignore it and just walked towards her room. she can hear clearly what Taeyeon said to the male worker. She  pick up the sketch book and hand it back to the male worker that get out of the room with sad face. Tiffany then saw Taeyeon glare at her that help the guy just now. She then continue to walk to her room.

Tiffany noticed that Taeyeon have kind of irritability symptoms. Irritability is a feeling of agitation that can occur when someone is provoked. It can also be a symptom of mental disorder or medical condition. Irritability generally causes a person to feel frustrated easily. Often this frustration results in a short temper. In adult, irritability can be due to medical conditions or environmental factors. In Taeyeon’s case, Tiffany didn’t know which situation he is. He can’t be mental disorder right?

Tiffany decide to talk to Taeyeon. Plus, she still feels guilty about that past few weeks’ things. They didn’t talk to each other after Taeyeon left her room. She saw Taeyeon’s face changed and quickly get out from her room. Whenever they passed by each other, Taeyeon would not look at her. So she wants to apologize to him for take this matter lightly. Well, if he’s not there to save her who knows what would to her now right?

 She go to the pantry and make some ice latte for Taeyeon. Taeyeon’s office did have coffee machine, it’s a must to have them because they will stay up till night to finish their design and coffee really helped them a lot. He’s angry now, maybe this ice latte can cool his anger. Few minutes after that, Tiffany get out while bring a glass of ice latte to Taeyeon’s room. She then knocked the door and wait patiently.

Taeyeon, who is still being controlled by his anger cursed inside when he heard someone knocked his door. He just want to be alone right now.

“Who the fck is that?! Can’t they just let me be just for a while? Fcking stupid!”

“Who’s that? Come in!” Taeyeon said, half-yelled.

The door is opened, revealed  a redhead girl who bring along a glass of ice drinks. She smile and said:

“Hi. May I sit?”

“Oh, Tiffany-ssi is there anything I can help you?” Tiffany smile upon hearing Taeyeon’s flat tone.

“You know, it’s kinda weird when you called me “Tiffany-ssi”. I prefer you call me Fany. That is more friendly I think.” She put the glass down on Taeyeon’s table.

Taeyeon’s eyes that still fixed on his laptop screen surprised hearing what Tiffany said to him. He remember this, It’s like a dejavu. This same situation happens past few weeks ago.

“We’re in office. What do you want? You’ve already submit the design don’t you? So I think there’s nothing to talk about.” He still feel hurt from the last incident.

“You also called me Fany when we’re in office, Mr.Nobody. Don’t you remember?” Tiffany said and let out her eye smile.

“I just slip my tongue at that time. I’m kinda lost, so don’t be misunderstood. Now, please go back into your room Tiffany-ssi. I got a lot of work to do.” Lying huh Kim Taeyeon? He really wants to talk to Tiffany so bad. Even just asking her a stupid question is enough for him, but his body doesn’t let him do that. He have to act following his body and push Tiffany away. So bad.

Looking at Taeyeon expressionless face, Tiffany feel more guilty. Plus, he’s using flat tone and didn’t drop the formality. He just slip his tongue that time? Seriously? But I don’t think so he slip his tongue that time. Remember back his expression, he did look serious. Are this guy keeping something? em, suspicious.

Tiffany followed Taeyeon’s order. She get up from the seat and make her way to open the door but then she remember something. The ice latte that she made for Taeyeon. She then turn back to Taeyeon’s table. That guy didn’t look at her at all. So she just put the ice drink on the table and said.

“Here, I don’t know what you like. But for me, an ice creamy latte soothes me when I’m mad. You can try it.” Taeyeon didn’t move an inch. His eyes fixed at the laptop screen and ignore Tiffany.

Tiffany that still waiting for Taeyeon’s response give up and make her way back to her room. She stopped at the door.

“I’m sorry Mr. Nobody.” And make her way out of the room.

Taeyeon look up after Tiffany get out from his room. Deep in his heart, he did feel guilty for act like that towards her. He look at the ice drink have been put on his table. He took it and give it a taste. It really cool his throat, yeah she’s right. Taeyeon smile when her eye smile just now. Her eyes changed into crescent and she’s really beautiful.

While Tiffany who make her way to her office bumped into a kid. A kid in an office? What is this? Tiffany stopped and look at the girl. The girl is wearing a sleeveless denim shirtdress. Her hair is short and she’s wearing a red bow headband on her head. The girl walk through the office aimlessly. Tiffany just watch that girl silently. The little girl walk towards her and pull Tiffany’s sleeve. Tiffany look at the girl and bent down. She brushed the girl’s hair and asked her:

“Hi little girl. Who are you looking for?” Tiffany gave her an eye smile.

“I want my daddy. Where is my daddy?” Huh? Daddy? Who is her dad? Tiffany think about the girl’s dad. Isn’t all here are still single? Or nah? Tiffany went to the in front of the office and asked them whether they know this girl. But all of them shook their head, signed that they didn’t know. Tiffany walk back to the girl that still stand at the same place, didn’t move at all.

“What is your name sweetie?”

“My name is Sarang.” Sarang? Love? Whoa. Her dad must be a loving person. Give a child name as love really sweet though.

“Whoa you got a nice name Sarang. You know what “Sarang” mean?” Tiffany asked, just want to tested the girl. But surprisingly she nodded. Serve you right Tiffany!

“Daddy said, Sarang mean love. Daddy said everyone love me so he call me Sarang.” Look at this girl. So clever and bubbly! Tiffany already fall in love with this girl’s charms.

“Omo he must be right. Of course everyone loves you. You got a lot of charms. But Sarang, your daddy is not here. Maybe you enter the wrong office. Come, let me help you find your dad.” Tiffany want to lead the girl out of the office by hold her hand but then, Sarang pull her hands off from Tiffany.

“NO! Daddy is here! Sarang know! Daddy not play hide and seek with me! I want daddy! You lie!” Sarang started to whine and stomped her feet on the floor. Soon, tears form in her eyes. Tiffany panic, didn’t know what to do.

Everyone in the office look at both of them. The noise was also can be heard at Taeyeon’s room. Taeyeon curious at the noise so he went out from his room. he follows the noise until he found a redhead and a girl who is keep stomping her feet on the floor and whining.

“Sarang?” What on earth that little ones doing here?

“Daddy!” Sarang runs towards Taeyeon and hug him as he bent down after see Sarang run to him. She kiss Taeyeon’s forehead and continue to hug him. Everybody look them with weird face. Taeyeon never bring any kid to this office. Maybe some of his friend, but not a kid. Plus she called him “daddy”. They don’t even know that their boss already married and has a child!

“What are you doing here baby? Why did you come to daddy’s office?” Taeyeon said while carry up Sarang.

Tiffany’s eyes widen seeing both of them. She got a lot of surprise in a short time. First the guy that she always quarrel with is her boss, and now he has a daughter?!

“Oppa!” Yeah, now what? another girl? Now who is this? His wife?

“Oh Hayeonie, why did you bring Sarang here?” Taeyeon asked his sister while Sarang played with his necktie.

“I fetched her at her school earlier, then we passed by your office. Suddenly your little munchkin here said she want to meet you. She keeps whining and saying she miss you so bad. So we have to drop by. Sorry oppa.” Hayeon explain to him. Well, they’ve not met for 1 week or maybe more because that little girl was going to camp while Taeyeon also busy with his work. No wonder that little ones miss her daddy so much.

“Ah really? It’s okay Hayeon-ah. Omo omo look at our baby girl here. You miss me a lot huh? We’ll met at home later okay? Now follow your aunt here.” Taeyeon let out a big smile and pinch Sarang’s nose. The little girl just hide her face in Taeyeon’s shoulder. Taeyeon want to put Sarang down but she refuse it. She keep wrapping her small arms around Taeyeon’s neck, didn’t want to let it go.

“Daddy have work to do here baby girl. You go home first, okay?” Taeyeon patted her hair and brushed her cheeks.

“No! Daddy follow me!” Sarang whined again. This time, she shake her whole body so that Taeyeon lose his balance.  

“Kim Sarang.” Taeyeon said. Sarang stop doing that to Taeyeon upon looking at her daddy’s face become straight.

“Sorry daddy.” Sarang put her head down and release her arms, ready to get down. Taeyeon smile when see her daughter smile already faded away. He just , in fact he really wants to follow her but his work doesn’t let him.

“My *mmph* little *mmph* munchkin *mmph*. I love you.” Taeyeon kiss Sarang’s nose and cheeks after saying that one by one. He then finalizes it by kissing Sarang’s forehead and let her down. Let her going to Hayeon. They then bid farewell and both Hayeon and Sarang leave the office.

Taeyeon shook his head and want to make his way back to the office when he saw Tiffany looking at him with blur face.

“Yes, Tiffany-ssi?”

Tiffany didn’t answer him and just bow then going back to her room. Taeyeon just see her back and then disappear from his view. Weird with her behavior.On the other room, Tiffany still think about the situation that she see just now.

“Am I approached a married man? Oh my God Tiffany! What have you done?! You could ruin their marriage! And Sarang will lose a happy family!”

Tiffany talk to herself. She need to move away from Taeyeon. She admit, after Taeyeon had save her from Nichkhun she fell in love with his kindness and sincerity. Plus, Taeyeon never make her uncomfortable even though they arguing, quarreling and more. He always try everything to settle down the problem. Never once he make Tiffany feel disturbed with his decision. No, she’s not like him because she feel doubted towards him or what, she just feel want to be close to him. But her past make her trauma with mens. Now, she know the truth. He already had a family and even had a cute bubbly daughter. She know she should keep herself away from him. Maybe it’s not the time yet for her to find her true love or maybe she would not find her true love forever.

 For those who can't imagine Sarang's face, this is where I got the inspiration. cute isn't? Kekeke~ 


Tiffany like him too? OMO.

hi guys ! today i got 1 extra holiday. yeah only for today. so i decide to update. and tadaa~ maybe it little bit short, sorry i ran out of words. *bow please wait if i'm late okay? thank you in advance! do comment! see yah! ^^