XLIV

The Ice Has Melted

Back from office that day, Taeyeon and Tiffany get ready to go his house tonight. Both of them were nervous but didn’t show it. They’re just cover it laughing and talking like usual. Taeyeon feel weird with his father. Did he didn’t like Tiffany?

Don’t want to be late, they went out as soon as they were ready. Looking at Tiffany’s expression now, Taeyeon knows that she’s worried about his family. As he was driving, he old her hand and said:

“Don’t worry, remember I’ll be with you okay?” He said.

Tiffany just smile and nodded then move her sight to out of the car. Still thinking what will happen to her later on. She still can’t let out earlier incident. Taeyeon’s father words really sting her.

“Is that discussion or should I say flirting?”

With his straight arrogant face, his word really got her. Luckily they’re in the room. If he said that in front of the others, she would be serious embarrassed.

They’ve arrived Taeyeon’s parents house after an hour driving. Tiffany’s eyes widen. This house is so big. That is triple size of her house! this is not a house but a mansion! It completed with security everywhere and CCTV at every edge of the house. Taeyeon parked his car in front of the mansion and they then get out from car. Taeyeon take a deep breath and smile to her. Give her the courage to walk in. They intertwined their hands and walk into the mansion. They’ve been greeted by 2 middle aged women. Tiffany could have guessed that both of them were maids in the mansion.

“Welcome home Mr. Taeyeon and Miss…-”

Tiffany want to answer her but Taeyeon was quick. He said her name first.

“Tiffany.”

The maids then nodded and finish their words. Looking around the house that quiet, he then asked the maids again.

“Where is everyone? Why this house so quiet?”

“Mrs. Kim is preparing dinner while Mr. Kim in his reading room. Ms. Hayeon in her room if I was mistaken and Ms. Sarang having tutor session in the study room.” One of the maid answer him. His question now have been answered.

Tiffany that hear it also nodded. And that little girl already have tutor class at this early age? Whoa. She look around her. this mansion got a classic and modern decorations so it looks balanced. While Taeyeon already aware that at this time, his daughter having a tutor class. Well they arrived early than they supposed to be, that’s why.

“Want me to show around?” He saw that Tiffany looked interested in the decoration of the mansion.

Tiffany nodded excitedly. Interested in discovering the mansion. Who knows that this mansion have a secret way? Kekeke choding Tiffany.

“Hahaha. Let me be your tour guide tonight!” He then pulled her hand and lead her to outside of the mansion.

He bring her to the pool outside. Whoa this is no joke. The pool was so big! Just like at the hotel’s pool but maybe bigger than that? Fuh. The lights around makes the pool sparkle and they can see their reflection in it. Taeyeon purposely talking about unnecessary thing because he wants to distract her attention. He knows that Tiffany thought a lot about their dinner tonight. Even though she’s smiling but inside she was worried.

“So what’s your favorite color?”

Tiffany look at him who asking her sudden question.

“Huh? I like pink. Why?”

Taeyeon nodded but then he remember something.

“Eh wait…-”

“So that’s why every of your design got pink in it? Ah also I notice your sketch book, notebook, stationaries are also pink. Right?” Taeyeon did saw that but never asked about it. he thought that well every woman like pink isn’t? But she looks more than like that color though. Could he say obsess? Ah yeah she did.

“Oh? You saw it? it’s my favorite color since little, I love pink!”

“You love pink then how about me?” Taeyeon pouted pretend to sulking.

“Awh I love you too Tae,” She find that he looks cute when he pouted.

“Choose me or that color.” He asked Tiffany to choose, just want to .

Tiffany slap his shoulder.

“Yah! how can I choose between you and pink? I love both!”

Taeyeon widen his eyes and glare at her. How dare she said that she can’t choose between him and that color? Whoa. This is too much lady. What now he has to compete with a color? Pft.

Tiffany knows that Taeyeon just pretend to be mad at her and she laugh when saw Taeyeon shot a glare at her.

“What? Did I have the same level with the color until you can’t choose? Ahem I’m your boyfriend here if you’ve forgotten.”

She laugh and happy when Taeyeon being provoked by her. He looks so damn jealous right now. Oh come on, it just a color.

“Hahaha. So be one level up than my favorite color okay?” She winked and walk away from him.

Taeyeon pull her arms so Tiffany will turn her back and automatically she’s in his hold right now. He then locked their lips together and stay in that position for few seconds. Tiffany also caught in the kiss. She closed her eyes and let he lead the kiss. He then pulled away from her make she open her eyes back.

“Now, can you choose me instead of that color?” He smirks. Taeyeon already thought that he won over tat color but he’s not. Tiffany shook her head and get away from him.

“Yah!” he’s about to run after her but there’s maid come to them saying that dinner has ready and asked them to come in.

Damn. Their smile already faded away. That’s mean they will faced all his family member and also his father. Gosh.

“Come, let’s go.” He then pulled out his hand and Tiffany catch it. They then walk into the mansion. Now it really begin.

“Relax Tiffany, you can do this. Just be who you are.” Tiffany said to herself. She then let out a sigh.  

They now already step into the dining room. Seeing that Taeyeon’s father already take his seat at the head of the table make Tiffany more nervous. They didn’t intertwine their hands anymore. Taeyeon then greet him.

“Annyeong appa. As promise, I come tonight bringing her along.” He then bow and so do Tiffany. But then Tiffany greet him again. This time, she’s the one that speak,

“Annyeonghaseyo. Thank you for inviting me tonight.” She then bows 90 degrees, showing her politeness and still let out a smile.

Taeyeon’s father didn’t said anything. He just nodded to them. Taeyeon then lead Tiffany to dining table and take a seat. He take a seat beside his father while Tiffany stay and sit beside him. Not long after that, Taeyeon’s sister Hayeon come down with Sarang. From a far, they can heard Sarang’s laughing to Hayeon’s jokes. When they walk into the dining room, the first thing Tiffany hear is:

“Oh oppa! You’re here! Aish appa didn’t tell me that you’ll come tonight.”

“Take your seat Kim Hayeon.” Taeyeon’s father speak. Hayeon that see that different expression of her father take her seat. But before that she didn’t forget to bow since she saw an unfamiliar woman sitt beside her brother. She smell something weird there. While Sarang already run towards her daddy after saw him.

“Daddy! ‘pweety’ aunty!”

“Oh hey hi munchkin!” Taeyeon kiss her cheeks and put her on the stool near him.

“Hi Sarang!” tiffany said hi to her too.

Now it has been revealed that she is actually the pretty aunty Sarang talked about. Look like the riddle has been solve. This aunty really pretty though.

A few minutes after that, Taeyeon’s mother come bringing out along additional dish. Taeyeon saw her mother then greet and hug her. Tiffany stand once again, greet and bow to her.

Unlike his father, Taeyeon’s mother soft and calm person. She smile to Tiffany and asked her to sit back. They then begin to eat after Taeyeon’s father pick up his chopstick. As they were eating, Taeyeon’s mother said to Tiffany:

“Eat a lot Tiffany. I didn’t know who’ll be coming tonight, so I just cook the best dish I can.”

Tiffany look up and smile to her.

“Ah yes I will Mrs. Kim. This is more than enough and the taste is good. It’s been a while since I got to eat home food like this.” Since her mother passed away, she didn’t get to taste the homemade kimchi again and they’ll always eat outside.

“So Tiffany, I heard it’s your design who featured in the main collection before?” Taeyeon’s father began to speak.

“Yes Sir. It’s my design.”

“How long have you been in this industry? I never heard about you before?” Auch.

Tiffany just smile even though she kind of hurt hearing his statement. She then answer him calmly.

“I’m working with Kate Spade for about 5 years and I never work with another company till I choose to work with Sonexclusive.”

“Whoa. Unnie have been work in Kate Spade? Ohmy I love that brand!” Hayeon suddenly bug in the conversation. She really love fashion but for work in it, um no way.

“Really? Well you did have a great taste then,” Tiffany smile to her. Hayeon look so friendly

Taeyeon’s father nodded upon hearing her answer. He glad that she answers him confidently.

“So why did you choose to work here if you already work abroad for years?” He shoot her again.

“I just follow my father since he already retired this year.”

He nodded again and asked her more questions since he start to interested with her. While Taeyeon didn’t bug in since he didn’t hear anything serious. So he just keep feeding Sarang.

“So may I ask about your father…-” He being cut off by Taeyeon’s mother.

“Yeobo let her eat. You’ve been shooting her with questions. She can’t even get to eat properly.”

“Aish arasso. I’ll not asked her more.”

“No-no it’s okay sir. You can asked if you want. I don’t mind.” Tiffany really didn’t mind if he asked her more, she already got her courage and confident.

“She give permission so I can ask her now right?” He turn his head to Taeyeon’s mother while talking. Taeyeon’s mother just shook her head and didn’t say anything.

Tiffany smile looking at their interaction, they sound like a newlywed couple. Looking cute somehow. If only she could see her father like this too with her late mother. It would be great.

“So what did your father do before retire?”

“He’s a corporate law lawyer sir,”

“A corporate lawyer. Hm, I only know one corporate lawyer. His name is Hwang Minjoon. He’s kind of popular in abroad. I bet that you must know him since you live there right?”

Tiffany nodded and smile. Of course he knows who’s he talking about.

“You’re talking about my father sir,.” Taeyeon’s father eyes widen. Hwang Minjoon is his good friend. They’ve been friend since college years. But they didn’t contact anymore after graduated, then one day he saw his name in a business magazine as a corporate lawyer. Plus, many businessmen here were talking about how good is him in defending a company and almost all his cases won.

They then had a good talk about Tiffany’s father. There is time when Taeyeon’s father will tell her about her father in his college years. But still he keep on his strict tone. While Hayeon, Taeyeon and his mother just look at them. Taeyeon’s father never be this talkative while eating. Usually he’ll just keep quiet.

Finish dinner, Tiffany then help Taeyeon’s mother to clear the table along with the maids. She has told her that she don’t have to help her, but Tiffany insisted and end up be in the kitchen as well. While Hayeon take care of Sarang medication and lead her to the room. Taeyeon and his father? They sit at the living room. Both silent until Taeyeon speak up. There is something bothering him since they meet at the office earlier.

“Appa…”

“Hm?” He’s still looking at the news.

“May we talk?” He take the smooth steps, afraid that he’s not in a good mood.

“Of course we can. What is it?”

“Why did you invite her?” There is. That is what he want to asked.

His father smiling. Now Taeyeon can see his father real smile. The smile that he always draw on his mouth every day.

“Because I want to see who is Tiffany Hwang.”

“What? What did you talking about?” He didn’t understand the situation. What all this about?

Taeyeon’s father didn’t bother to answer him anymore. He just continue to watch the news, leaving Taeyeon hanging without knowing anything.

While they were talking, Tiffany already finish at the kitchen. Tiffany now already feel close with Taeyeon’s mother. Her motherly instinct make Tiffany feel her love and at the same time missing her mother so much. Being more than 10 years without her mother make her strong and able to control her emotion.

Both Tiffany and Taeyeon’s mother back at the living room, bringing some desserts for them. But then, Taeyeon’s father started the war again. He keeps provoking and bombing Tiffany with tons of questions. There is question that even unnecessary for him to asked. Tiffany can’t do anything rather than answering him. while Taeyeon already feel hot and his heart is burning right now.

When they want to bid goodbye, he once again bombed her with a sting statement.

“Well how was this house Tiffany? Is it good? You like it?”

Tiffany smile and nodded. Maybe he started to calm himself or she also don’t know how to say it.

“Maybe you can stay in this kind of house if you keep on flirting with my son since he is my heir when I’m gone.” He then let out an evil smile.

Taeyeon who heard his father statement can’t take it anymore.

“That’s it! Stop it!”

Not only Taeyeon, but Hayeon and her mother too surprise with his sudden statement. He never acts this way before.

“I just state what I feel Taeyeon. I feel that she wants your money. You better be careful son. I’ve seen many women like this. They always want our money.”

“Yeobo…”

“Appa…”

Both Hayeon and her mother speak.

“You don’t know anything about her so don’t say anything bad about her!” Taeyeon defending Tiffany.

Tiffany already feel hurt when she heard about that. She didn’t cry but feel hurt deep inside.

“Did you know more about her than I do then?” his father asked, want to know his answer.

“Yes I am!”  Taeyeon raised his voice. Can’t take it anymore.

“What do you know about her? Tell me,”

“I don’t know her for a long time, but it’s long enough to make me understand about her.”

“You answer it like she was girlfriend although she was your staff. Since when my son be like this?” try to provoke him more.

“Yeah you’re right. She’s my staff.” He said while smiling.

His father now smiling too. While Taeyeon keep talking without hesitation.

“But tonight, I’m defending her not because she’s my staff but because she’s my girlfriend. Now you understand appa?” while he was talking, Taeyeon grab and hold Tiffany’s hand.

That’s it. Everything have been revealed. 2 of them now surprised with Taeyeon’s confession. Why it was 2, not 3? Because his father already know about thing earlier. Well he met Sunny a day after Taeyeon told his friends about her relationship with Tiffany and asked about Taeyeon condition whether he’s okay or not but Sunny accidentally slip out her tongue and told him about Tiffany. Kekeke.

“What?! Seriously? Ohmy, I’m not dreaming right?”

“Taeyeon? Is it true?”

Both, his sister and mother asked about it. Taeyeon calmly answer.

“Yes eomma, Hayeon. She is my girlfriend. The woman that being insult just now is my girlfriend.” He being sarcastic right now. and shot a glare at his fateher. Still feel mad with his father.

Taeyeon’s father still smile looking at them. Finally, he confess. Planning to keep it secret huh? Plus, now he can see who is Tiffany. She still respects the elders even though she’s hurt. She just like Taeyeon said just now.

But not right there, his father will not stop in testing her. This is the first stage, there’s a lot of test waiting for her.  

“Trust me Taeyeon, she just wants your money.” his father still didn't give up. 

“Whatever you said, I’ll keep stick with this relationship.” He then pull her away and bring her home. Didn't bother to bid a goodbye anymore. 


so hey everybody, i got free time today since i don't know what to do. (well i did have something to do but don't have the courage to do it) >< hahahaha. so feel free to read and comment. do tell me anything you want. i would like to read and reply :) till here, stay tuned! xD 

P/S: pardon all the grammar mistakes and spelling. kekeke ><