XXXI

The Ice Has Melted

Both of them take a rest after eat lunch. Tiffany packed out her clothes from the bag and put it in the closet. She didn’t have much clothes since she just discharged from hospital. All that she have is the outfits when she fainted at her house few days ago. After finish packing out, Tiffany then on the bed and finally fell asleep.

While Taeyeon on the other room didn’t sleep like Tiffany. Instead sleeping, Taeyeon went to his work room. This room has a unique structure. It’s a combine room which is you can enter the room from other room. In this case, this room combined with Tiffany’s room. So she can enter Taeyeon’s work room from her room instead of going out and enter from the outside. Taeyeon’s work room being divided into 2 section which is his real work section that he used to do office work and the other one is a mini gallery. Yes, Taeyeon love to draw. He will draw when he has free time or when he need to run away from his hectic life. There are drawing necessities including easel and canvas. Taeyeon just make drawing as his hobby. He didn’t wish to be an artist or what, it just drawing can sooth his feeling.

In that room, there is many types of painting being hung on the wall. Some of it was drew by Taeyeon and there is also painting that he bought from the art gallery. In one side of the wall, Taeyeon hung his daughter pictures. It start from the first day she came to the family until now. Other than drawing he also likes to take picture especially Sarang’s picture. From that he can see how long she has stay with them and how much she has grew.

Taeyeon placed the easel to the bright spot in the that room, he also put the canvas on the easel. He purposely didn’t switch on much light so the room will be a bit dim. He got inspiration today, that is why he want to draw. Usually he will sketch Sarang, but today he change his subject. Taeyeon start to sketching, then draw it actual size and lastly color it. Spending few hours on the drawing, Taeyeon’s eyes get watery as he didn’t stop looking at the canvas and keep drawing. Taeyeon satisfied with his drawing, he then cover the canvas with white cloth.

Clock on the wall showed 5pm. It’s still early. Plus, Taeyeon want Tiffany to rest a little bit more. He also feel tired suddenly, so he decide to lay on the couch in his work room. He just want to shut his eyes for a while but he ended up fell asleep too, leaving the room in mess.

Tiffany on the other room awake because her ringing phone. She look at the caller id and answer it when she know the caller.

“Hello Jess.”

“Tiff! I went to the hospital but they said you’ve discharged this morning. I also went to your house but there’s no one answer. Mind to tell me where are you?”

“Oh shoot! What I want to tell her? I can’t tell her that I didn’t live there anymore. Come on Tiffany, think of something!”

“Oh I went straight to meet Daddy. I miss him.” Nice Tiffany, great now you’re lying to your best friend.

“What? Why you didn’t tell me? I can send you there. You’re not fully recover yet, Tiff. Oh speaking of uncle, is he there? May I talk to him? I miss him too.” Jessica asked innocently.

“Now what? She wants to talk with daddy. How I suppose to let her talk to daddy if I was not there?!.” Tiffany really bad at lying. Everyone know that. At one glance, they’ll know if she was lying. Everything gonna be “boom!” if they know about this. Yeah especially her father of course.

“Um daddy went out for a while. He got something to do. I’ll tell him later that you call.” Tiffany lied. She know she doesn’t suppose to lie. But that is what she can do now. She didn’t want her family nor Jessica worry about her. plus, she only stay there until they caught the culprit. That’s all. After that, everything will be back to normal.

“Ah really? Aww what a bad timing. Alright I will call you later Tiff. Take care, bye!” Jessica cut off the line. Fiuh! That was so close!

Tiffany let out a sigh. She seriously didn’t think that Jessica would believe her. Well maybe because she didn’t stutter? Jessica once said to her that the trick she used to asked defendant in the court is be confident and don’t stutter. Even though the thing being asked is unnecessary, but maybe with confident the plot might be twist. Playing with psychology she said. Thanks to Jessica, Tiffany can practiced those things.

Tiffany put the phone back on the table beside her. She looks at the clock on the wall. It showed 5.30 pm near to 6pm. Look like she sleep quite long time. She get up from the bed and went to the bathroom to wash her face. Finished washing, she wiped her face with towel in the bathroom and get out. Tiffany make her way out of the room. She didn’t hear anything; it was so quiet. She went to downstairs to get some water as she feeling thirsty. Same situation, downstairs also silent. She can’t find Taeyeon.

“Maybe he’s out.” Tiffany said to herself.

She went back to upstairs after drinking water. As she want to twist her door knob, her eyes caught on the room located at end of the way. The door is not fully close and the room too, look spooky and dark. Tiffany attracted to the room. She then cancel her intention to open the door and walked towards toward the “mystery room”

She carefully open the door and enter the room. The room look neat and tidy. There is a big working table that full with papers and file. But it has been arranged properly. Tiffany turn her body so now she’s facing Taeyeon’s mini gallery room.

“Huh? Another door?” She feel weird as the room has another room in there. One more, time she brave herself to enter the another room. She twist the knob and surprised when it reveal a man lying on the small couch in that room. She knows that person. It’s Taeyeon.

“Why does he sleep here?” This time Tiffany just whisper to herself. Afraid he might awake.

She look around the room. All she can see brushes, old newspaper and many kind of colors on the mini table near Taeyeon. Because the room is quiet dark, she can’t see anything clear other than those things. She look at Taeyeon’s face. That guy is sleeping soundly. Tiffany decide to clean the mess in that room. She start cleaning the room by arrange the table back. She put the color on the table and arrange the old newspaper properly.

Taeyeon who was sleeping feel disturbed with the noise. He feel annoyed. He opened his eyes and saw a girl stay in the same room as him. He look around, he still in the same room before. Now, how that girl can be in his room. He can’t see properly as the room is kinda dim but he try to open his eyes widen as he can. He look at her properly a few minutes, then he recognized the figure.

“Tiffany?” He get up from the couch and wipe his eyes.

Tiffany who is cleaning the room flinched when heard her name being called. She turn and see Taeyeon already awake. She quickly bow to him.

“I’m sorry I make you awake.”

“What are you doing in this room? How did you come in?” Taeyeon didn’t bother to hear her apologize. What crossing in his mind now is how come she end up be in the same room with him?

Tiffany told him how she can enter the room and she didn’t find him anywhere. Taeyeon nodded. He now understand how she be in that room. He didn’t get mad with her as she already explained to him the reason.

Taeyeon look around him. All his brushes and drawing equipment has been arranged back to its place. It must be her.

“You clean all this up?” Tiffany nodded.

“I don’t know what to do. I’m bored. I misplaced the item didn’t I? I’m sorry, I didn’t know the original place.” Tiffany afraid he might mad because she touch his belongings without his permission.

“No, no. In fact you don’t have to clean it Fany-ah. You’re my guest, it’s not your job. I’ll clean it by myself. But since you already clean it up, I can just thanked you.” Tiffany feel relief hearing Taeyeon didn’t get mad with her. But something caught her eyes. She saw a canvas that covered with white cloth. She feels curious about the canvas.

“What is this?” She walked towards the canvas.

Taeyeon who still sit on the couch panic. She doesn’t supposed to see that now. Wait, no. She can’t see that. He didn’t know what to do.

“Damn! I forgot to put it away.”

Taeyeon get up from his seat. He can’t let Tiffany see what behind the white cloth. No way. He then quickly blocked Tiffany from going to the canvas.

“Uh it’s nothing. Come, let’s get ready. We’re going to your house, remember right?” Taeyeon grabbed her wrist and dragged her out from the room. Enough with what she saw just now. He didn’t want her to see more. It’s not the time yet.

Tiffany didn’t realize that she has been dragged out from the room. All she know that she already stand in front of her room. Taeyeon asked Tiffany to get ready as they will go to her house. Taeyeon too went to his room to change his clothes. In his mind, he was thinking what will happen if Tiffany saw what behind the white cloth that covered the canvas just now.  He could be dead by now.

After Taeyeon get ready, he go downstairs and wait for Tiffany. While waiting for her, he played games in his phone. Don’t know why, but he feel alive now. He feel glad because he knows there is another person in his house. He will look at that face every day from now on. Plus, now he knows Tiffany is safe with him.

Tiffany who is still in her room, get down when she’s ready. She saw Taeyeon already sit on the couch and wait for her. She stand in front of him, giving sign that she’s ready. They then get out from the house and went to the parking lot.


MEANWHILE IN THE CAR

Both of them didn’t said anything much. There’s just sometimes they will talk about random thing that they saw on their way to Tiffany’s house.

Around 35 minutes of driving, they arrive at Tiffany’s apartment. Her apartment look the same like when they leave it before. The house still in mess and Taeyeon still remember the spot he caught Tiffany faint a few days ago.

“Sorry my house is kinda messy.” Tiffany sudden spoke.

“It’s okay, I understand. Go get you things. I’ll wait here.” He said. Tiffany then disappeared from his sight.

Taeyeon look around the house. He checked every inch, every side of the house. Trying to understand what happen that night. “Did something bad happen to her that night?” “Who did all this thing?” “How does this happen?” All this thought come to his mind. He really wants to know what really happen the day before he came. Looking at the condition of the house that messy, he guess there must be chasing session that’s why all the cushions and magazines scattered on the floor. Plus, there is vase that broke near the kitchen.

“Maybe that make her hand bleeding.” He talk to himself.

Taeyeon then remembered, he had promised to the apartment security that he will come to checked the CCTV tape. He had called them the day before Tiffany discharged and asked them to checked the tape. They said there is a man went to 11th floor that night. The man is not an occupant there. They checked based on the main entrance CCTV and also CCTV in the elevator. Taeyeon wonder who is that man. The possibilities to that man went to Tiffany’s house is now 50:50. Now, the main suspect of this case is that man.

He get out from the house and went to the security office downstairs, leaving Tiffany alone in the house. He watched the CCTV carefully, he try to close up the man figure but it’s unclear. Plus, that man is wearing hoodie. He then thought of something.

“It must not be Yuri again.” He don’t know why, it automatically remind of Yuri whenever saw a man with hoodie. But this time, he really thinks that’s not Yuri because Yuri didn’t smoke like the man in that tape. He continue to watched the tape. Now he watched the scene where the man went to 11th floor. Unfortunately, the CCTV only recorded when the man get out from the elevator and walked towards way to Tiffany’s apartment. Since the CCTV only being placed at the elevator, he can’t see what happen next. Now, the thing left is hear Tiffany’s explanation about that night. Well, that if she want to tell him or not he will have to find by himself.

Tiffany who was still packing her things didn’t hear any sound from the outside.

“If you want to drink, just take it from the fridge! Make yourself comfortable okay?” That’s it, no answer.

“Where did he go?”

Tiffany went out from her room, looking for Taeyeon who was not answering her.

“Taeyeon?” She try to find him in bathroom but there’s no one there. She continue walk to the living room but still can’t find him anywhere. Just when Tiffany want to look outside of the house, Taeyeon popped out.

“Oh there you are. Where did you go?” Tiffany said after saw he enter the house.

“Huh? Ah I just at the outside, didn’t go anywhere.” Taeyeon who just back from the security office, didn’t tell her anything. He didn’t want Tiffany think he trying to barged into her life. He just wants to protect her and keep her safe from any danger.

“Done packing your things? Need my help?” Taeyeon asked. Trying to change the topic.

“It’s okay, it almost done anyway.” Taeyeon nodded. Tiffany went back to her room while he make his way to the couch and sit on it. He also pick up the cushions scattered on floor and arranged it back on the couch. Not to forget, the magazines too.  

Less than 15 minutes, Tiffany appear with a bag and also her sketching things. Taeyeon who is still sit there look up and saw her. Tiffany tilt her head as sign they are good to go. They then locked the house and went to parking lot. On their way to parking lot, Taeyeon hold Tiffany’s things. She didn’t get to say anything to him as he already hold it up.

Both, Taeyeon and Tiffany didn’t know that someone is watching their movement from the time they arrive there. They’re being watched since the day Taeyeon bring Tiffany to hospital. In fact, their every movement has been locked to a pair of eyes.

Taeyeon feel that they’re being followed. So, every minute he will turn his back but saw no one. Tiffany who see that puzzled with his behavior. Taeyeon keep looking around the parking lot. Suddenly he saw a figure of man on a car window reflection. It’s the hoodie man. He didn’t turn his back, but this time he grabs Tiffany’s hand and pull her near to him. They’re almost hugging. Both of them can feel the electric current flow in their body as soon as they holding hands. All this while Taeyeon just touch her wrist, but this time he really hold her hand. Tiffany feel confuse with him.

“What’s wrong with you?” She asked him. But Taeyeon didn’t answer her.

“Let me go, Taeyeon.” Taeyeon ignored her. Instead of let her go, Taeyeon tighten the grip. He keep walk fast towards his car. He then unlocked his car and asked Tiffany to get in.

“Listen here. Stay in the car and lock it okay? If I’m not back in 15 minutes, drive out from here. Understand? I’ll leave the keys here.” With that, Taeyeon leave Tiffany in the car and go nowhere.

Tiffany can’t say anything. Taeyeon leave as soon as he finished talking. How she want to ask him? She confuse now. “What’s happening here?” But still, she listen to him. She locked the car and wait for him to come back.

Taeyeon keep walking around the parking lot, searching for that man. He went back to the last place he saw that guy. But he’s not there. Taeyeon keep on walking around, he didn’t give up. He must find that guy. Well, it can’t be him but he is the main suspect now. While Taeyeon looking around, he saw that man run away out from the parking lot. He quickly chase the man.

“Yah! Stop right there!”

But the man didn’t stop. Like it or not, Taeyeon have to sprint in order to chase him. The man run really fast. “What is this guy? Usain Bolt?”

Taeyeon keep chasing that guy, but time to time the gap between them widen. That guy run faster than him. It’s not Taeyeon is slow, but that guy is super-fast! Taeyeon lost his energy to chase that guy so he stop. His hair is now wet because of sweat.

Tiffany who still stay in the car looking at the clock in the car. It has been 10 minutes. That’s mean 5 minutes more. She don’t know whether want to follow Taeyeon’s second order or not. Drive the car out from here? But why? She have to know too.

 

“Argh, damn it!” Taeyeon mad he didn’t get that man. He walk back to where he park his car. Maybe today is that guy lucky day, Taeyeon didn’t get to catch him. But there is another time. At that time, he can’t go anywhere, Taeyeon will definitely catch him!.  

He knocked his car window since it was locked. Look like Tiffany follow what he said. He then saw her unlocked the door and he enter the car.

“where did you go? What with all this sweat? Are you okay?” that is the first thing he heard after enter the car. He look at Tiffany who was still looking at him, waiting for answer. He let out a sigh.

“I met my friend.” Friend? Great Kim Taeyeon, lie to her.

“You met your friend until sweating like this? Are you having a race with him or what? Oh, and what’s with the 15 minutes thing?” Tiffany feel curious.

Great, now she asked about that. Taeyeon still sweating and want to catch his breath. Why so many question? Ugh!

“Um- I’m afraid I’ll take more time than expected so I asked you to go first so that you’ll not eagerly wait for me. Okay, enough with the question. Let’s go home.” Taeyeon ‘explained’ in one breath. He really hope Tiffany won’t asked him anymore. He didn’t know what to tell her. They then drive out from the building.


On their way back home, Tiffany fell asleep. She feel tired today, don’t know why. Taeyeon already saw Tiffany try hard to not fall asleep as she keeps open wide her eyes. But there’s time she will move head as if to nod and finally fall asleep. Taeyeon smile upon see her be like that.

“Why are you so cute Fany-ah?” He talk to himself.

Tiffany’s head now turn to Taeyeon’s side. He saw that. Her neck strained and might hurt tomorrow. To prevent that, he sit near her and lend his shoulder and put her head on his. they’re now stop at the red traffic light. They can’t keep be like this. It will uncomfortable for her and for Taeyeon to drive too. He carefully moved her head and make it rested on the window. He then take the neck pillow at that was at the back seat and put around her neck. Now she can sleep peacefully. He continue to drive in silent. Sometimes he will steal glance at Tiffany and let out a small smile.

Tiffany still sleeping when they’re already arrive home. Taeyeon didn’t have heart to wake her up. She look so calm. No nightmare like the other night at the hospital. So he decide to just carry her up to the house. Plus, she’s not so heavy. Surprisingly, Tiffany didn’t move at all. Omo, look at this girl sleeping soundly. He press in the password and get in the house. He still carry Tiffany in bridal style. Taeyeon went straight to upstairs, carry her to her room. He put her down on the bed and look at her face.

“Do I have to change her clothes too?” He said. Wo easy Kim Taeyeon. Don’t be byuntae here.

Taeyeon shook his head to erase his negative thinking. He just wrap her with blanket. Don’t know what urged him, but he kiss Tiffany’s forehead after that. He can smell sweet from her hair. Taeyeon walked away from her bed and turn off the lamp then get out from her room. Taeyeon went back to the parking lot to get Tiffany’s thing at the back of the car. He then went back to his house. Taeyeon throw himself on his bed, feeling tired after use many of his energy for today. He too, fall asleep after that.  


What so secret about the canvas? and who is the hoodie guy? is he really the cause of all of this thing? omo, is the kiss is Kim Taeyeon first move? Stay tuned!

sorry for not updating yesterdy as i promise! *bow i dont get any idea. i guess it kinda stuck in my head? >< sorry. actually i feel bad leaving this story hanging here. i want to update it everyday like i used to do before. seems like we gonna met another 1 week? see you! keep reading fellas' tc xD