XI

The Ice Has Melted

Taeyeon turned his head following Jessica’s step. He saw another girl sit at table, he only got to see her back and her shining red hair.

“What are you looking at oppa? Let’s eat, our food is here” Taeyeon turned back his head looking at Seohyun and began to eat their lunch. They keep talking about small things and sometimes discussed about Taeyeon’s therapy.

Taeyeon turn back his head and continue to eat.

“Oppa” Seohyun called Taeyeon.

“Yes Seohyun-ah?” Taeyeon lift his head up and put his spoon down.

“I’m sorry” She suddenly said.

“Eh? Why? Did you do anything wrong?” Taeyeon confused with her sudden confessed.

“That person thought you’re my boyfriend. You must be uncomfortable. Sorry oppa” She then said again.

“Seohyun-ah why did you feel sorry about that? Its nothing big and does not effected me at all. So no need to be sorry.” Taeyeon explained again with smile pasted on his face, did not want Seohyun to feel more guilty towards him.

Hearing Taeyeon’s word, Seohyun just nodded and continue to eat their food then head back to their workplace. They then seperated at in front of the restaurant. Saying goodbye to each other and get into their cars.

Taeyeon drove back to his office and continue doing his work. Taeyeon know that he can’t finish his work in one day, but he has to finish half of it at least since he has to go back early today. He didn’t forget about tonight dinner with his family. Sometimes Taeyeon will take a look at Sunny’s office. Its empty. Since they will release a new summer collection, they decide to launched their summer collection in a grand fashion show. Sunny is the director of the event this time. So she has to take care many things and met many person. Because of that, she rarely be at the office. Taeyeon only could see her in the morning. Taeyeon looking at his file back and keep doing his work dligently.

Time ticking to 5pm, Taeyeon looked at his wrist watch and clear up all files on his tables. He then shut down his computer and walked out from his office. None of his workers dare to looked at him after he bursted out his anger this morning. He just walked away and didn’t bother to look at them. He went to the parking lot and take his car. He began to drive to his family house. Thankfully he went out early from his office, so that he didn’t have to face the traffic jam. Taeyeon rarely going home early unless he had an important things to do or he have family matter just like this dinner.

40 minutes of driving, Taeyeon only accompanied by silence. Songs that have been played on the radio didn’t catch Taeyeon’s attention. He only focused on his driving. Sometimes he will look outside his windows, he see that the sun ready to set. The cloud stretched long across the sky and it was painted an array of pink, orange and yellow. He then arrive at his family house and parked his car inside the garage. Didn’t want anyone to see that car. He enter the house and saw an old man sit on the couch while reading a book.

“Hi dad, I’m home” Taeyeon greeted the old man and bow in front of him.

“Ah Taeyeon, you came. Come and sit here. Let me call your mom.” The old man smiled towards Taeyeon and patted the couch signed Taeyeon to sit beside him.

“Honey! Your son is here” The old man called his wife.

Taeyeon love to see his parents interaction. They keep going be a sweet and romantic couple even though they’ve grow old. Sometimes he wonder if his father has split personality. He was different when he’s working yet showing all these romantic things when at home. Taeyeon thought been cutted of by his mother suprised backhug. He sat by his back facing his mom so he can’t see her mom came from the back.

“Aw mom! You suprised me!” Taeyeon whined.

His mother release the hug and walked toward him. She looked at Taeyeon with her warm eyes and brushed her finger on Taeyeon’s cheek. On the other side, Taeyeon’s father just smile looking at the mom and son scene.

“Why mom? What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked as he see his mom with confuse look.

“Nothing. Look like we have not met for a long time. Your hair grew longer and you’re skinny Taeyeon. Have you skipped your meal again?” His mother asked him with worry eyes.

“Ah about that, actually.. I did skipped my meal. I’ve been-” Taeyeon’s words being cut off by his mother slapped on his shoulder.

Taeyeon flinched and brush her shoulder with his hand while making ‘hiss’ sound signed that he’s hurt with his mother sudden slap.

“I told you not to skip your meal Taeyeon. Why are you so stubborn? Don’t neglect your health just because you have many work. And don’t give me ‘being busy’ as your excuse. I don’t accept that kind of excuse.”

Taeyeon just nodded and played with his mother hand showing his cute side. He know his mother will stop and lose with this side of him.

“Enough with the drama, aish this two. Let’s eat. Did the food ready yet honey?” Taeyeon’s father interupt their drama session.

“Oh ya, the food is ready to serve. Come, let’s eat.” Taeyeon tailed his mom going to dining room with his father. Taeyeon sit opposite of his mother when suddenly remember something.

“Mom, where is Hayeon?” He asked. Just when his mother want to answer, he heard a voice from upstairs.

“Your beautiful sister is here oppa!” There she is, Kim Hayeon. Taeyeon’s little sister stepping down the stairs with her phone in her hand and sit beside his brother.

“Kim Hayeon, what did I said about table manners? Put away your phone.” Taeyeon father suddenly spoke. Hayeon then keep her phone in her pocket.

“Whoops. Sorry dad.” Hayeon said.

They then started to eat and chatting happily. Sometimes they’ll recalls both Taeyeon and Hayeon’s childhood life and laugh when remember something funny or embarassing moment. There also time when Taeyeon and Hayeon had small fight over something stupid and make their parents smile.

Taeyeon then excused himself to go home since he will faced another hectic day tomorrow. So he must prepared himself and be ready for another incoming day.