XVI

The Ice Has Melted

Tiffany lift up her head, want to reply the waiter’s question. But then she realise that she was looking at someone that she hate. It has been more than 5 years, but she still remember that face. Yes, the face that once she love but then left her. Her love memory suddenly haunted her. The memory keep flashback in her mind. The moment they held hand in front of all the students in campus, the affection had been showed by him torwads her and all the sweet words she heard from him. But what hurt her the most is she dare lied to her parents so that she can met him, sneaked out at night and she even let her first kiss been stolen by him. How stupid she was at that time. The flashback ended when he call out her name.

“Tiffany?” He look at Tiffany with suprise look.

Tiffany knew he recognized her. She just turn her head away from the guy’s gaze and get up from her seat, wanted to walk away but the guy was faster than her. He grabbed Tiffany’s wrist. Tiffany shocked with the guy sudden action. She flinched and wanted to pulled her hand away from the guy, but his grip was too tight. She struggled to let her hand off from the guy. She didn’t say anything but her mind keep thinking way to escape from him. She didn’t have any choice but to step on his foot. He screamed in pain as he release his grip from Tiffany hand. She wear heels of course you now how hurt is it right? It was too noisy in there so people don’t even hear the guy screaming. Tiffany then run away from him. But the guy didn’t give in, he stand up then chase Tiffany. He screamed Tiffany’s name while chasing her.

“Tiffany! Stop right there!”

Tiffany hear that guy call her name few times, this time he scream at the top of his lungs. She keep running, but there’s people here and there so she keep bumping into them. And that’s makes her runs become more slow. While the guy is not far from her. He was getting closer to the girl. He didn’t care bumping into other people, he just think about Tiffany right now. he become more and more close to the girl, he managed to grabbed her wrist then pulled her into the restroom. He chased away those all who are in the toilet then shut the door.

Taeyeon on the other side make his way to the VIP room but then he heard a guy screamed out a name. He turned his head to see the situation. He saw a guy chased a girl. He just thought that is just a normal things happen in the club. So he just continue his step. But he was stopped again when he heard the guy shout the girl’s name. This time Taeyeon can heard it clearly.

“Tiffany?” Taeyeon talked to himself while put his index finger on his chin, thinking about the girl’s name. He then remember, that name is the same name of the girl that hit his car. He then saw the guy pull the girl into the toilet and people in there are being driven out.

“Should I take a look or nah?” Taeyeon confused with himself. He then decide to take a look a the situation. He didn’t went inside the restroom. He’ll just stay outside and will go in if situation get worst. Plus, he can hear clearly what the guy talk about from outside.  

 

MEANWHILE IN THE TOILET                      

Both of them were in intense atmosphere. Tiffany being pushed by that guy, make her back hit the sink. Although its hurt, but she keep standing and bear the pain. The guy then walked towards Tiffany, touch her wrist. Tiffany once again flinched with the guy’s action.

“Wha- what are you doing?!” Tiffany stuttered.

“Finally I found you Tiffany Hwang.” He smirk.

“What do you want from me?!” Tiffany yelled as she in panic.

“You don’t have to yell Tiff. No one will help you. In fact they didn’t care about you at all. Hahaha” He said and let out an evil smirk. Yes, he was right. People out there were busy partying and doesn’t even care about their surrounding.

“You’re wrong man. I’m here and I care.” Both of them turn their head to see the owner of the voice. Taeyeon that listen to the conversation from outside barged in as the door has been locked and blocked by bin. He then saw the girl. Its true, it the same girl he saw this morning. It make him want to protect her more.

“Get the fck out man! You got nothing to do with me!” He yelled to Taeyeon who was standing at the door. Just a few feet away from them. Looking at Taeyeon didn’t move at all, he then take a step forward to Taeyeon and raised up his fist thinking to punch Taeyeon. But Taeyeon was faster than him. He pushed the guy away and punch the guy first. He fell on the floor, wiping his lips that now bleeding.

“I got nothing to do with you, but I got something with this girl.” Taeyeon said and smile to the guy.

“Who the fck are you?!” the guy asked while still sat on the floor.

“You know, everybody in this club know who is me. Guess you’re new here didn’t you?” Taeyeon suprised with the guy’s question. He saw the guy’s shirt, its the club’s bartender uniform. Maybe he’s new here. He assumed.

“Its none of your business you fcking midget!” The guy get up, still didn’t give up. He ran and ready to throw his punch to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon’s anger raised up upon hearing the guy’s words. He avoided the punch and grabbed the guy fist then twist his hand. He then pushed the guy against the wall while his back facing Taeyeon.

“Of course its my business if you messing up with my girl, you bl**dy bullsh*t!” Taeyeon said harshly.

The guy then scream in pain. Tiffany, on the other side was just stood there covering her face with her hands. Too scared to watch. She just hear both the guy harsh conversation. No one dare to enter the restroom. Taeyeon then let the guy go, leaving him behind  and walked to Tiffany and approach her. Tiffany can sense someone breath near her the flinched.

“Hey its me, don’t be scared. Come on, let’s go. Let me take you home.” Taeyeon said to Tiffany while bent down to pick up her things that scattered on the floor. Tiffany uncover her face and saw a guy stand in front of her. He know this guy. Yeah maybe she didn’t know him well, but don’t know why she got the sense that she should trust this guy. So she just follow the guy out.  Finish gather the things, Taeyeon then let Tiffany walk out first.

But then Taeyeon saw Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon look at him with confuse face as he saw Taeyeon with a girl. Taeyeon didn’t want his cousin to say anything. So, he open his mouth first.

“Hyo, I’ll explain it later alright? I need to take care something right now. And tell them I’m sorry, I can’t join tonight.” He pat Hyoyeon’s shoulder. His cousin just nod and do the ‘okay’ sign with his finger. Taeyeon then continue his step with Tiffany, going out from the club. Tiffany still quiet. Maybe she still suprised with what happen just now. Taeyeon just follow her back when he see Tiffany take out her car keys from her bag.

“Where are you going?” Taeyeon asked.

“Thank you for saving me. But I’m going home now. Please excuse me.” She answered while unlock her car.

“How you want to drive with this condition? I mean, look at you. Your back hurts right? There’s no way you could drive with your back hurt. Let me send you home.” Taeyeon knew Tiffany is hurt because her back hit the sink so hard as the guy pushed her. He saw it though.

“No, I’m fine. I still can drive. Its not so hurt.” Look at this girl. So stuborn.

“Can just please listen to me? Please don’t be selfish, just once. Just once, please.” Taeyeon beg her. He never beg anyone before. If only she knew about that, he was sure she would not reject his offer. He don’t know what else to say to this girl. She’s so selfish. Since the first time they met, she always be selfish. He also don’t know why.

Tiffany silent. The guy is true, her back really hurt. She couldn’t drive comfortably actually. But the guy has save her. She didn’t want to trouble him again. That is why she persisted to drive by herself.

Taeyeon still stand there, waiting for her answer. He can’t let Tiffany to risk herself. Its been 5 minutes and he can’t wait anymore.

“I’ve been witnessing the incident just now. And like you say, I’ve already save you. All the security at this club saw you and me walked out from here. So, IF something happen to you I’ll be the last person that you met. I don’t want to deal with police just because you drive in this condition. Yeah if you know what I mean. So, will you let me send you home?” Taeyeon emphasized the ‘if’ word. Its not like he want to scared her, but he just say the truth.

Now, Tiffany realise what he said was true. All he want just her to be safe. Why is she so stupid?  He always try to fix everything. Since the first time they met, until now. Tiffany nodded, didn’t bother to say anything anymore.

“Good. So just leave your car here. I’ll ask them to bring your car home later. For noe, let’s ride my car.”

“Look like he’s a regular customer here too” Tiffany thought.

Taeyeon’s car arrived at the main entrance of the club. Taeyeon then lead Tiffany to his car and open the door for her. Tiffany get in the car and pulled the seatbelt, but then Taeyeon stopped her.  

“Wait. Your back is hurt. You shouldn’t sit straight like this. Let me adjust the sit” Looking at Tiffany’s reaction, he knows Tiffany maybe feel scared or worried.

“Don’t worry, I’m not doing anything to you. I just want you to be comfortable okay?” Taeyeon said with a small smile. Tiffany never heard this guy speak softly with her. Usually, they’ll just argue and Taeyeon with speak coldly towards her.

Taeyeon relieved, Tiffany didn’t reject what he did just now. He then get in the driver seat and began to drive.

“I don’t know where did you live, so show me the way okay?” Taeyeon said. Tiffany that sat beside him just nodded.

Both of them were silent along the drive. There is sometimes Tiffany would asked him to make a turn and give direction to her house.

 


whoops! sorry for cursing! look what we have here, super taeng? um. hahaha what will happen next? stay tuned!

p/s: my semester break going to over. i didnt know whether i can finish this before going back to campus ><