XXXVI

The Ice Has Melted

WEEKEND

As promised, Taeyeon bring Tiffany car to his house in the early morning. He didn’t want to wake her up just because that car matter. He want to let her sleep more since it’s weekend. After back from jogging, Taeyeon went to Tiffany’s apartment to take her car. He slipped into her room that morning to find her car keys. Luckily she put it in the drawer, it makes his works easier. Before he went out from the room, he get to steal a glance at the sleeping Tiffany. He smile looking at her who was sleeping soundly.

“How did you manage be beautiful even when you sleep?” Taeyeon smile and shook his head.

He then heading towards Tiffany’s apartment.

--

At Tiffany’s apartment, Taeyeon didn’t forgot about the incident. He checked with the security and asked them about the unknown guy. In fact, he keep in touch with the security at Tiffany’s apartment. But the weird thing is, that unknown man never show up again after Tiffany move put from her house. look like the unknown man knows that she’s no longer stay there. Taeyeon feel messed up whenever he trying to figure out who is the unknown man. Is it that bar worker or somebody else? While Tiffany too, didn’t show any respond to talk to him about that. She wouldn’t forget about that right?

--

When Taeyeon arrive at his house driving Tiffany’s car, it already 10 am. He drop at a coffee house before that and have an ice Americano. He didn’t feel like want a hot drink today, that’s why he orders a cold one. But still, it’s a coffee. Taeyeon, who still wear his running vest and jogger pants sit on the couch then grabbed a newspaper and read it. Luckily he wear a hoody to cover his body, or not people won’t stop looking at his muscle then. Lol ><

While reading the newspaper, Taeyeon saw something that caught his eyes when he want to flip to other page.

 

“17-Year-Old boy convicted of murder -

he allegedly had mental problems”

 

Taeyeon read the tittle. It one of the news that has been published on the front pages. He keep reading the news. But then, he saw a picture. The picture showed a woman giving statement to the press. The caption also said that she is a defendant lawyer of the juvenile offenders. Somehow, the lawyer looks familiar to him. He feels that he did met her before but where? That is not imagination, he sure that they did met before. Well maybe at their occasion?

Spending about half an hour at the café, Taeyeon then went home.

--

At the penthouse, Taeyeon still can’t find Tiffany. That girl must still sleeping. Didn’t want to wake her up, Taeyeon just put Tiffany’s car keys on the table and went up to his room to take shower. Today is the day that he’ll go out with Sarang. It has been his weekly routine to bring Sarang out and spend time with her every weekend if he’s not busy. So since he doesn’t caught up in any work today, he decide to met his daughter. Today also day he have therapy session with Seohyun. It has been a while since he head his therapy. Although he knows that he can’t finish it up quickly, but still he have keep going on with the session.

 

IN THE OTHER ROOM

Tiffany forcedly open up her eyes after the sun light enter her eyes. She stretched her body and get up from the bed. She look at the wall clock. It showed 10 am. She checked her phone, in case she got a phone call or any message since she set her phone to silent mode. And as expected, there is no call but there 1 message pop up on her phone screen. She then open and read the message.

 

Text message

From: Jess

To: Tiffany

Don’t forget our date tomorrow. I’ll pick you up at 12. See you!

 

Shoot!

Tiffany’s eyes widen. That tomorrow means TODAY! Oh my God, only an hour before 12 and the worst is Jessica will come to pick her up. That mean she’s going to her house! No way, this can’t be reveal now! She really panic right now. Not waiting anymore, she quickly dialed Jessica’s number and wait for her to answer it.

“Hi Tiff!” Jessica greet her cheerfully. She’s happy that they can finally spend time together even though in a short time.

“Yes Hi Jessie. Where are you now?” there is no time for all those greeting. Tiffany just shot her with the question.

“Huh? I’m on my way to pick you up of course. Why?”

“No! You don’t have to pick me up!” because of her panic attack, Tiffany let out her high pitch tone.

“Eh? Why not? And why did you yell at me Tiff?” Jessica feel weird with Tiffany’s sudden yell.

Tiffany keep quiet. Come on Tiffany Hwang, think of something! she continue talking after few seconds.

“I’m sorry Jess, the coverage her is kinda bad so I thought you didn’t hear me that’s why I’m yelling.” Tiffany said calmly. Wow, Tiffany Hwang is now expertise in covering herself I think?

“Ah really? But I can hear you clearly from here Tiff. Aha so why you didn’t want me to pick you up?” oh great now what Tiffany want to answer her?

“Be-because I-I am on my way. Yes! I am on my way Jess.” Tiffany let out an excuse.

“Huh? But we didn’t decide where do we want to go yet Tiff. Are you sure?” Damn! Tiffany patted her forehead. She forgot that they don’t even decide the place yet. How come she can forget this simple thing?

“Y-yes I know. What I mean is, I already drive out from here. Get it?”

“Oh I see. So let’s meet at X Mall since it’s quite near for both of us. Okay?”

“Okay cool. See ya Jess.” She cut off the line.

Shoot! Now she only got 45 minutes to get ready! Great Tiffany Hwang!

Tiffany jump out from the bed and take a quick shower.

--

Taeyeon who is watching television downstairs look up when he heard someone walk down in a rushed. He saw Tiffany walk down the stairs. She’s already put out some nice clothing. Where did she want to go?

Just when Taeyeon want to asked her, Tiffany already speak up first.

“Tae, I’m going out with Jess for a while.” She said while put on her heels.

Taeyeon didn’t want to offer her anything to eat as usual because she looks rushing today. Maybe she’s already late meeting her friend.

“Damn my car, sh*t!” Tiffany cursed quietly but still, it can be heard by Taeyeon.

He walked and take the car keys that he left on the table just now. He then give it to her.

“Here. Don’t curse Ms. Tiffany Hwang. You look like a scary ahjumma when you cursing.” Taeyeon throw out a small joke. What he said was true though, she looks so serious when she’s cursing. Well other than when she’s working, cursing also the time we’ll see Tiffany’s serious face.

There it is. The thing Taeyeon would like to see every day in his life if he can, Tiffany’s smile. The eye smile he can’t resist. She smile while looking at Taeyeon and said:

“Oh when did you take my car?”

“Just this morning.” Taeyeon said and smile back to her.

Tiffany didn’t thought that Taeyeon remember to take her car. What her mean here is he would take her car early in the morning. Well, he also can take it later in the evening or other time.

That is Tiffany’s thought. But opposite for Taeyeon. For him, his family is the first priority and the second one would be Tiffany.

“Thanks Tae. You really made my morning. By the way, I better get going. Already late or Jessi will kill me. Hahaha.”

“Hahaha alright. Take care and have fun Fany-ah.” Both of them bid a goodbye.

Now it’s Taeyeon’s turn to get ready to meet his daughter, Sarang.

--

 

Taeyeon go to his parents’ house to pick up Sarang. As always, Sarang always lift up his mood. Both of them happy being together. They played in the car and there is some time Taeyeon will sing along with the music been played at the radio.

They arrive at the mall after 40 minutes driving. Taeyeon hold that little girl hand and walk in the mall.

“Daddy, I want ice cream!” Sarang asked his father after saw an ice cream store from a far.

“Hm ice cream? But daddy can’t see any ice cream store here?” Taeyeon . Actually he also did see the store from a far. Look like his daughter really have his ‘kid’ tatste bud. Well Kim Taeyeon that we see every day actally love sweet food. All those jellies, gummies, cotton candies and of course ice cream is his favorite.

“There!”

“Where? Daddy can’t see it~”

Sarang pinched Taeyeon arm and hit it. Feeling annoyed with him.

“Auch! Okay okay daddy saw it. Hahaha!”

“Omo omo look at little princess here is sulking.” Sarang still ignore him. Taeyeon laugh looking  at the sulking little girl. With that pouted mouth, it make her look cuter.

Because there is not much people yet in the mall, Taeyeon dare to let go Sarang’s hand and more.

“Hm my princess is sulking, so with who I want to eat the strawberry ice cream?” Taeyeon walked away from the little girl.

“With me!” Sarang run after Taeyeon after saw he walked away from her.

“Daddy wait!”

Taeyeon let Sarang run after him. he let out a smile hearing his daughter cute scream. He then stop his step and turn around, facing the little girl. Taeyeon bent down and open wide his arm. Sarang run into his arms and Taeyeon lift her up.

“Aigo. Let’s eat ice cream!”

“Yeay!”

--

AT THE SAME MALL

Tiffany managed to arrive at the mall at the exact time. she feel relieved. She quickly went to the café that Jessica has texted her before. When she arrive at the café, she saw Jessica already wait for her while having a cup of latte.

“Jessie!”

Jessica who was drinking look up upon hearing the familiar voice. They hug each other.

“I miss you bestie” Jessica said while hug Tiffany. She really miss their time together.

“Awh I miss you too bestie!” Tiffany replied. They then take a sit and order some snacks.

This is how they hang out together. Mall is their second home. Other than mall, sometimes they’ll take a break and go for a holiday together.

Both Tiffany and Jessica then chit chat about their work and also Jessica tell Tiffany a lot about her new case which now become popular among the citizen. Tiffany too, she talk about her design that also become a hot topic in fashion industry. Since Jessica is busy, she didn’t get to congratulate her and she don’t even know about that. Tiffany on the other side didn’t get mad or what with Jessica as she already aware that she’s busy. Plus, there are many thing that happen in a short time.

--

“Oh Seohyun-ah, I’m at the ice cream store with Sarang.”

“Café? Which one?”

“Ah okay. Text me the café name. I’ll go there. See you Seohyun-ah.”

The line has been cut off. As promised, Taeyeon have a therapy session with Seohyun but he stop at the ice cream store for a while because of that little girl. Seohyun already wait for him at a café in the mall. Seohyun knows that Taeyeon can’t have full control of him emotion, that is why she purposely choose a private café. Plus, it won’t be many and crowded people in there. So, it easy to discuss anything. They promised to meet at 12.30 and at 12.35 Seohyun already call Taeyeon because he has not arrived yet. As expected, the punctual Seohyun.

As soon as he received the call, Taeyeon quickly pay for the ice cream and went to the café where is Seohyun waiting for him now.

10 minutes walking, Taeyeon and Sarang arrive at the café. Taeyeon look around and saw Seohyun sit at the corner of the café. Holding Sarang’s hand, he walk towards Seohyun that already smiling when she saw him. They hugging as it’s been a long time since they can hang out together and having therapy session. Other than about the therapy, Seohyun also miss Taeyeon as her brother. Since she’s the only child, she thought Taeyeon, Hyo and Yul as her brothers.

They then sit after Sarang greet Seohyun. Omo that little girl look so adorable greeting people around her. Sarang didn’t whining anymore as she already got her favorite ice cream. That make Taeyeon relieve somehow because Sarang is quite hyper and active. Sometime, it quite hard to control her. Because of her heart problem, Taeyeon become more aware with his daughter.

“How’s Sarang condition oppa? Is she getting better?” Seohyun asked Taeyeon.

“She just like what you see now. It just sometimes she’ll said that her chest is pain and so on.” Taeyeon reply while his eyes look at Sarang who still eating her ice cream peacefully.

“Ah really? It hard to see adorable girl like her suffer from that disease. I mean she also want to be like other normal kids. Running here and there.”

“Yeah I know right, Seo. It even hard for me to see it as she already be with me since she was a baby.” Seohyun nodded. She’s proud of Taeyeon who take the responsibility towards that little girl. He raise her up with full of love.

As been said, Sarang is an active girl. She can’t stay still at one place. She get up from her seat and start walking around the café. Taeyeon look at his daughter and asked her not to go too far. She nodded then walked around it. While Taeyeon still talking to Seohyun.

“So what about you oppa? Anything want to share with me?”

Taeyeon stay silent for a while. He was thinking whether he want to tell Seohyun about Tiffany or not. He already told Hyo about this, so why not he tell Seohyun too as she is his therapist?

“Seohyun-ah, remember the girl that I save at the club we talked about last time?” Seohyun nodded.

“I think I like her.” Seohyun’s eyes widen.

“No-no. I don’t think I like her.” Eh? Seohyun feel confuse with Taeyeon. Which one?

“Then what?” Seohyun asked him.

“I really like her Seohyun-ah.”

“So you don’t think you like her, but you really like her? That’s it?” Taeyeon nodded. Now Seohyun really got the confirmation. She really can’t believe what she heard right now. After 5 years, finally he open up his heart!

“I don’t know how to said it oppa, but I’m really happy for you! So, what’s her name?”

Taeyeon let out a smile. He feel relive that he got a positive reaction from Seohyun. This girl always give a positive vibe to him.

“Her name is Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang.”

“Whoa what a beautiful name. She must be beautiful too right oppa?” Taeyeon nodded.

“Yes. She’s beautiful just like her name.”

“Wuuu~  already compliment her I see. So did she know you like her?”

Taeyeon’s smile fade right away. Seohyun saw it and she already know the answer.

“She still didn’t know about it? Omo you must tell her oppa. Or not she’ll go to someone else.”

Taeyeon nodded. She was right. He must tell her. Whatever happen, he must confess to her.

“So tell me, how did both of you met? Must be cute isn’t? Kekeke.” Seohyun .

Taeyeon then tell her everything. From A-Z. He also tell her everything that he told Hyoyeon before. He didn’t miss a thing. Seohyun become serious when she listen to Taeyeon’s. So what did Sunny has been reported to her was true though. Taeyeon really did changed a lot. Not a stand out changes, but he changed in his emotion, inner feelings. He also tell Seohyun about Yuri. He stated that he can feel that Yuri likes Tiffany too. Seohyun just listen to it, didn’t dare to cut him off as she afraid that Taeyeon’s ‘storytelling’ mood might spoiled and he’ll stop telling her.

--

While Taeyeon tell Seohyun about Tiffany and so on, Sarang still wander around the café. She still holding her ice cream cup. There’s not much people in there so she can walk freely. While she’ walking around, she passed Tiffany’s table. Tiffany who talking to Jessica stop when she saw a little girl pass by their table.

“That girl look familiar” She thought.

“Sarang?” That name suddenly went out from . Jessica stop drinking her latte when she heard Tiffany call a name.

Sarang heard someone call her name. So she stop and turn around. She saw a woman. She knows her. that little girl still remember Tiffany’s face. She then walk back to their table.

“It really you! Omo what are you doing here Sarang?” Tiffany asked that little girl.

“Sarang went out with daddy. Daddy said he’ll buy me a ‘pwinceshh’ dress today.” Tiffany nodded hearing the little answer.

Huh went out with daddy? That’s mean Tae was here too? In this café?

“Why are you alone here baby girl? Where is daddy?”

“Daddy with aunty Seo over there~ Sarang ‘bowringg’” Tae with who? Tiffany don’t even know that person nor heard her name before this.

“Aigo, Sarang feel bored? You can sit here with me okay?” Tiffany hold up Sarang and put her on the chair next to her.

“Omo, why did you look messy here. Come, let me wipe it for you.” Tiffany grab a tissue and wipe Sarang’s cheeks as it has ice cream on it.

“You know this girl? Who is she?” Jessica begin to talk after saw Tiffany be friendly with her.

Tiffany turn to Jessica. She nodded then said:

“Yup she is my boss child.”

--

“Fany?” Taeyeon call that name after saw Sarang sit next to her.

“Tae?” Tiffany look up and saw Taeyeon already standing at their table and he’s with a woman. She repeat to herself. With.a.woman.

Jessica and Seohyun both look at Taeyeon and Tiffany. They know each other? 


what will happen next? will both of them confess to their bestfriend? stay tuned! ><