XIII

The Ice Has Melted

A week has passed. Both Taeyeon and Tiffany having hard time in their work. Taeyeon had to faced a tons of meetings and soon he’ll have a board meeting with the head company. Which make him more stress and keep skipped his meal. He even don’t have time for breakfast. When he just want to take a rest and thought that his work has reduced, there comes another work to do, another meeting to attend, another client to met and another hectic day. Sometimes his father will asked for his help at the main company since the other board members are also busy with their work.

Tiffany, on the other hand also busy with her new design and had to keep up with the fashion show that coming soon. Since the CEO always busy, she can’t meet him and didn’t even get to greet him officially. The only person that she has now is Sunny. She’ll discuss anything with Sunny and keep in touch with her even after working hours. Sunny appointed Tiffany as her assistant for the incoming event, since she has experience in it. Her workload increased, but she know that this grand fashion show is the most important thing to the company for this year, so she’ll try her best to make sure the event will run smoothly.

Both of them seem like have forgotten about the incident occured last week. Taeyeon didn’t contacted Tiffany for once since he didn’t have time for that. Its been a week since his car being towed to Yuri’s car. A few days ago, Yuri did called Taeyeon and told him about his car. The car spare parts will arrive within a few days. Since its a rare part, so it must be ordered first. Luckily the spare parts didn’t have to be imported. And today is the day, Taeyeon has promised to Yuri that he’ll go to Yuri’s car center to see his car that have complete being repaired. Taeyeon then thought of something while his hand began to search something in his clutch. He then found a piece of paper that has been crumpled. He dial the number and wait for the person to pick up.

“Hello?” Tiffany on the other line pick up a call from an unknown number.

“Hello stranger” Taeyeon .

“What? Who is this?” Tiffany feel confused. What does this person mean by stranger. Wait, did he also didn’t know who he’s calling or what?

“Its only been a week, you forget me already? Aw you really have a bad memory there stranger” Taeyeon who is having fun teasing her give out an evil laugh.

Tiffany feel more confused about this caller. He know me? Did I met him before? A week before? She keep silent, didn’t know what to say. By then, the caller said again.

“Omo, look at you. Keep silent again. Why do you like to keep quiet? Say something. I thought you can talk CLEARLY.  Now you make me like I’m talking to myself you know that?”

She heard the caller emphasized the word ‘clearly’. That kind of talk really annoyed her. Wait a minute, Tiffany then remember something.

“Mr Nobody? Is it you?” Tiffany asked. If her guessing was right, so that is the annoying guy.

“Finally! after a long recall. What did take you so long to remember me? Usually people can’t forget me but you’re opposite.”

Tiffany feel annoyed with this guy. What does he want? Messing up her life?

“Why did I have to remember you? You’re not important to me, plus I didn’t know you. Ugh what do you want?”

Taeyeon on the other line smiled hearing Tiffany’s answer. This woman really something. She has something that has caught Taeyeon’s attention. But, its too early to feel anything since they don’t know each other. Well yet. *author’s smirk

“Auch that’s hurt. Your words sting me. By the way you owe me stranger. Don’t you remember that?” Oh shoot. Tiffany remembered about that incident. She let out a sigh and patted her forehead. Why didn’t she remember this thing?

“We’ll meet up today. 3pm and don’t be late. I’ll text you the address later.” Taeyeon said again, this time he’s using a bit strict tone.

“3 pm? That is out of lunchtime! How I suppose to meet you at that time? Don’t you have to work?” What does this man think? She can’t just go out from the office at her own will.

“Are you being selfish again right now?” That’s it. One sentence can make Tiffany taken aback. She getting more and more annoyed with this guy.

“Ugh fine then!”

“Good. See you soon stranger. Bye!” He cut off the line. Taeyeon on the other line feel satisfied with himself. He grinned and look at his wrist watch, counting time to 3pm.

Tiffany on the other side already messing up with her job. The phone call earlier, the conversation that she had just now really get her into something. This guy really know how to annoyed her and her feel irritated. She sigh as there is another 1 problem waiting for her to solve.

Time keep ticking, both Taeyeon and Tiffany keep doing their work diligently. Taeyeon glance at his wrist watch then get out from his office for meeting with client and have lunch with them at once. While Tiffany in her office didn’t went for lunch as she have to go out later. So she keep continue doing his work, didn’t bother the other workers that passing in front of her room to go out for lunch.

As time passed, Taeyeon already finished meeting with his client. Yeah and also the lunch part. He then head to Yuri’s car center but unfortunately, there’s accident on his way and make he stucked in congested road. Taeyeon slammed his hand on the car’s steering showed his anger. He hate traffic congested especially when he had somewhere to go. Tiffany on the other situation already drive her car to the address that Taeyeon gave few hours ago. She got to drive in peace and luckily she don’t have to face any traffic congestion in this hour. She arrived at the place after 30 minutes of driving. Her eyes turned wide and turn into ‘O’ shape as she see the car center. Full of luxury car and the condition is different from the other car center that she had gone before. Tiffany just stayed in her car. Didn’t dare to go out. This is just the exterior, she can’t imagine what will the interior look.

While Tiffany still admire the car center, Taeyeon who is still stucked in traffic congestion began to dial a number in his phone.

“Hello, Yul. Listen, I’ve been stucked in this fcking traffic congestion for 15 minutes already. I don’t know when will I arrive. Maybe after they moved those stupid cars. And here I want you to help me with something can you?” Taeyeon said in rushed.

Yuri didn’t even can say ‘hello’ back to him. He just laugh and said. 

“Whoa easy man. Don’t have to be rushed. I understand if you’re late. Just take your time. Its not like I’ll take your car away. Hahaha” Taeyeon just shake his head hearing Yuri’s words.

“No. Its not about that you stupid Yul. I promised to meet someone at your car center. I guess she already arrived there since we agreed to meet at 3. Look at the time now Yul. She’s driving a red guilia if I’m not mistaken. Can you check her out for me?” Taeyeon explained to Yuri.

“It just a small matter Taeng. I’ll check on her and inform you later. See yah”

“Thanks Yul.” Taeyeon cut off the line.

Tiffany still wait in her car. Wondering where is Taaeyeon. She make herself busy by playing games in her phone and humming to the song played at radio. But then she heard a knock on her car window. She saw a man with casual outfits look at her and give her a smile. She recognized the guy she had to meet but this is not he. “Wait he can’t be change in just 1 week right? Of course not Tiffany. Silly you” Tiffany chuckled with her own thought. She turn off the engine and and get out from the car.

“I’m sorry, did I block your way or something?”

“Oh no you’re not. Perhaps, you’re expecting someone?” the tall man asked Tiffany with smile.

“Yes. How did you know?” Tiffany suprised with his question. Look like that they’re good friend.   

“He already informed me before. He’s sorry if he make you wait. He stuck in traffic congestion. He’ll be here soon. So why don’t we wait inside?” Tiffany just nodded and tailed the man, going inside the car center. He lead Tiffany to the a room and asked her to seat on the couch. He then stretched out his hand and introduce himself.

“I’m Yuri, Tae-” His word being cut off by Taeyeon sudden entered.

“Sorry I’m late!”

“Woo what is this? Ice breaking session?” Taeyeon said when saw Yuri stretched his hand out, wanted a handshake.

“Yah Kwon Yuri, I know what’s in your mind. Better stop it.”

“What? She didn’t say anything though. Chill man.”

“Before she said anything, you better stop.” This time Taeyeon looked serious. He know Yuri so well. He’s playboy behaviour will never changed. Playing around with girl, enjoying himself almost every night. Usually, Taeyeon will not even care about it, but with this girl Taeyeon feel like he has to stopped him. He can’t even let his bestfriend to touch this girl. Taeyeon felt something different from this girl.