LIII

The Ice Has Melted

The next morning while he was sleeping, Taeyeon was awake by people non stop knocking his door. He seriously feel irritated. He then open the door forcefully and it revealed Mr. Hwang stand there with a smile. 

"Good morning Taeyeon, come on get ready. We going to the farm." 

Taeyeon stunned for a while. He looks around, he even can't see the sun rise yet. The sky still dark and he can feel the cool breeze. With half of his eyes were opened, he said "Good morning Mr. Hwang. Isn't too early?" 

The old man smile, "5 am is not consider early in Jeonju, Taeyeon." He then pat Taeyeon's back and asked him to get ready as he'll wait for him downstairs. 

Taeyeon close the door back and screaming inside. "5 AM?! UGH!" 
With that, Taeyeon bring his heavy foot to get shower and guess what, he got another surprise which is nearly make him curse loudly. The bathroom doesn't have heater, so he have to shower with the cold water. He doesn't notice it yesterday sadly. But what can he do now is just screaming inside. 
"This is for Fany, come on Taeng." 

--

Taeyeon went downstairs after spending 15 minutes getting ready. Not more than 5 minutes he went out from the bathroom and the rest of the time, he struggling with cold and shiver. 

When he went down, he saw the front door were open widely and a truck has nicely parked waiting for him.

"You must be Taeyeon right?" A man approach him. He looks like same age with him. Maybe they can be friends.

Taeyeon smile and nod at him "Yes I am. And you're...?" 

"Let's go first. I'll tell you about me on our way. We're already late."  

Taeyeon follow that unknown man get into the truck. In the middle of their way, Taeyeon then remember something. 

"Where is Mr. Hwang? Why he doesn't come along?" He notice that the old man was found no where since he wake him up. 

While driving, that unknown man answer "He will come later on. He's the boss, why would he come early right? Hahahaha," 

The heck he just heard? So why did he wake him up this early? Is this a prank or what? 

"By the way, I'm shinwoo. I'm the one in charged at the farm." The unknown man finally introduce himself. Taeyeon just nod and now he knows. 

"I guess you already know who i am since you know my name," Taeyeon said. 

Both of them have a small conversation before arrive at the farm after 20 minutes driving. Taeyeon get off from the truck and he saw a wide green land with a various kind of fruits. He can smell fresh air and Shinwoo lead him to the farm then introduce him to some other guys there. 

"Okay let's get to work boys! We got an lot of work to do today!" Shinwoo said. Taeyeon blur. What work did he mean? 

Looking at Taeyeon that seems blur, Shinwoo lead him "Come on Taeyeon, I'll show you what to do." 

Taeyeon that being pushed towards the store awake from his blur and said, "Wait, wait a minute. I'm not a worker here. I just come here to take a look. I think you're mistaken Shinwoo." 

Shinwoo laugh loudly "Hahaha! No, I'm not mistaken. Uncle Minjoon told me that you're coming to help us here at the farm." 

"HE TOLD YOU WHAT?!" Taeyeon's eyes widen. He doesn't expect that that statement came out from Mr. Hwang's mouth. Did he try to mess up with him or what? Taeyeon stunned and trying to be cool. He stood there about a minute until he didn't notice Shinwoo already walk after him. 

"Come on Taeyeon!" His thoughts was cut off and follow Shinwoo. 

-- 
MEANWHILE AT THE HWANG'S 

Tiffany done getting ready and went straight to Taeyeon's room. She knock the door but no answer. She keep on knocking but still didn't get any answer from him. So she decide to just open the door but see nothing than empty bed. She search everywhere but found nothing. She started to get worried. 

Tiffany run downstairs and looking for her father. She's panic. 

"Dad! Dad! Daddy!" She shout around the house. 

Few times shouting, her father finally appear in front of her. "What's wrong Stephanie? Why are you shouting?"

With a tears started to form, she said "Tae-taeyeon, he's gg-gone. He left dad!" 

The old man laugh looking at her daughter expression. "He didn't go anywhere darl, he still here. Don't worry. "

She wipe the tears and said "So where is him? He's not in the room! Are you sure he still here?" 

Her father walk away while said with his step, "He's at the farm." Leaving her alone at the living room. 

After breakfast, Tiffany take his father's car and drive to the farm. When she arrive, she saw few men working but no sign of Taeyeon. She ask them about her boyfriend and they said he's at the back. 

She fasten her steps and make her way to the back of the farm. Looking everywhere, she then saw her boyfriend wearing boots and were covered by dirt and he looks... messy. 

"Tae!"

Taeyeon heard someone called him and turn his back then saw Tiffany run towards him. She nearly hug him but Taeyeon take a step back, "Baby, don't. I'm dirty."  

Tiffany stop and just stand in front of him. She caressed his cheeks "Look at you Tae, what happen? Why are you here?" 

Just when he want to answer, Shinwoo came approach them. "Hey who are you? you're not allowed to be here." 

Since Tiffany never come to the farm, both of them never met and Shinwoo didn't know that she is Mr. Hwang's daughter. 

Tiffany glare at him "And who are you to chase me away from my dad's farm?" 

Shinwoo silent. He thought of Mr. Hwang daughters. The old man once told him about his children. "So are you Michelle or Miyoung?" 

Hearing that the man knows her korean name, Tiffany getting more angry. "I'm Tiffany." 

"As i know, uncle Minjoon only got 2 daughter. Are you sure you're one of them?" 

Tiffany getting annoyed with him. She just want to meet her boyfriend, not answering all these questions! She sigh, "Miyoung is my korean name. I prefer Tiffany." She then turn back to her boyfriend and continue what they left just now. 

Tiffany wipe Taeyeon's sweat with her bare hand without even care to use any cloth or tissue. "Why are you doing all this Tae?" 

Taeyeon just smile looking at his worried girlfriend "I just want to help them since they're busy with fruit festival later on Fany-ah,"

"But this is not even your job Tae. You're a CE-" she's been cut off by Taeyeon's covering as a signed to shut up. 

"You better go home Fany-ah,"

"Then how about you?" 

"I'll be home soon, don't worry." He give her a warm smile. 

She sigh and heavily bring her leg towards the car. Tiffany turn to Taeyeon and that man still smiling at her. Guilty feeling start to grow in her. But beside that, she also have anger feeling towards her father. 

Tiffany drive back to the white bungalow and quickly parked the car as soon as she arrived. She look for her father and finally found him reading book at swimming pool. 

"Daddy." She called him. Her tone was flat. 

The old man put down his book and look at his pouting daughter. "Yes Stephanie?" 

"Why did you do that to him?" She ask him. 

"Do what and to who?"  He act like nothing and that makes his daughter more angry. 

"You know what I'm talking about dad. You shouldn't do that to him. He's not even do anything to you doesn't he?" This time she said while cross her arm. 

"He's the one said that he want to take a look at the farm. So why not?" 

"Yes, but that doesn't mean you can make him work there!" Before Mr. Hwang got to answer her, Tiffany already stomped her foot and walk away from there. 

Mr. Hwang didn't bother to stop his daughter and just let her go. He then take out his handphone and dial a number. 

--
AT KIM CORPORATION

Mr. Kim that have just finish his meeting got a phone call and smiling when he saw the caller. He quickly pick it up. 

"Hello my long time friend!" He said. His tone was cheerful while walking towards his office. He was replied by long laugh. 

"How was he over there?" He said again. 

"Your son was okay and he's currently being 'tortured' is what i can say. hahaha," Mr. Hwang answer him. 

These 2 old man has been contact since the day Mr. Kim met Tiffany and talk about her father. Mr. Kim ask someone to find his long lost best friend contact number and he finally got it after a week. Since then, they've been contact and even met in person before. Mr. Hwang has secretly see how Taeyeon treat his daughter and approve him to come to Jeonju. That is why Mr. Kim keep on pushing Taeyeon to go and meet Tiffany's family. 

Mr. Hwang knows that Taeyeon will going to his house and prepare everything to test him. While Mr. Kim already aware about his plan and continue their test towards him. 

"You torture my son? Aigo, don't be too harsh Minjoon-ah or not he'll run away and your daughter will be left alone Hahahaha!"  Mr. Kim said while signing a few document handed by his secretary. The phone still on him. 

"I'll not gonna let your son get away. Hahaha! Yah, I've to go now. Stephanie might heard later on. I'll update to you again." 

"Already? Okay then, be 'nice' to him. Hahaha!" The line then being cut off. Mr. Kim let out a sigh and mutter to himself "What i did, you're the one get back Taeyeon-ah, be tough son." 

He continue doing his work. 

--
BACK TO HWANG'S 

Taeyeon went back to the bungalow with Mr. Hwang after the old man come and visit the farm at noon. Yes, at noon. Taeyeon really mad at him actually but when think about his intention, he forget it. 

Taeyeon recall back his conversation with Mr. Hwang in the car just now. 

"How was today Taeyeon-ah?" 

Taeyeon that busy looking outside the car turn to Mr. Hwang when hear him asking question. 

"Today? Tt-today was fun Mr. Hwang. I got to know a lot of new thing." He answer and finish it with a bitter smile. 

"You must go to the festival, it's fun." 

Taeyeon just smile and nod to him. Didn't have any words to reply him anymore. 

When they arrive home, Taeyeon saw his girl was talking with another man and they look... happy. His heart crash again. He expect she'll welcomed him home after a tiring day, but there she is. Happy laughing with another man. Taeyeon brought his foot towards the stairs, want to go to his room.

Tiffany saw her boyfriend and stopped him by calling his name.

"Taeyeon!" The woman run towards Taeyeon and grab his hand. Tiffany then pull him towards the other man who is now laughing with Mr. Hwang. 

"Tae, here meet my cousin. Mark." She introduce both of them. 

Taeyeon put out his hand to get a handshake and Mark accept it. 

"And you're this girl's boyfriend if i was right?" Mark said with slumber. Taeyeon nod and smile sheepishly. 

Mark then wrap his hand around Tiffany's shoulder and said "Look like our baby has grown up eh?" And they laugh together. 

Taeyeon's eyes widen when saw Mark behaving like that towards his girlfriend. Maybe because they're cousin, that's why. He keeps being positive. 

Taeyeon then excuse himself to go back to his room to get clean up. Tiffany notice that Taeyeon didn't have good expressions since he was back from the farm so she want to check on him.

"Where you want to go Tiffany?" Mr. Hwang ask her since he saw his daughter climbing up the stairs. 

Tiffany stop and said "I want to check on Taeyeon dad, he maybe need something" 

"He tired and probably need a rest now darl. Let him be." He said. 

"Yeah, uncle was right Tiff. Come on here, we got a lot to talk about. Don't you miss me? I'm just arrive though." Mark supporting her father answer. 

Mark was Tiffany's cousin. He just come from Cali. They're so close. Since Tiffany's brother was married moved away, Mark is the one being replacement until now. He come to Jeonju after being told about Tiffany going back there. Plus, her brother and sister will be coming soon. 

While Taeyeon in the room still thinking about what happen today even after he has already shower. He went downstairs to have lunch and what happen next really hurt him more. 
First, her father and now Mark. He didn't even get the chance to talk to his girlfriend at home. Mark keep on be in the middle and that stressed him out. His appearance make Taeyeon even get hard to be together with Tiffany. Mr. Hwang keep on brought him away from Tiffany. And of course for the rest of time, Mark will be with her. The same thing also happen when they having dinner and Taeyeon has sick of it. He's going straight back to his room. He have another tiring day to faced tomorrow. 

Just when Taeyeon want to close his eyes. His phone ringing. 


Keep on reading and comment t guys! I've some idea today I decide to update a bit  early ^^