XIV

The Ice Has Melted

Tiffany that has been there since both of the guy ‘little argument’ happen. She couldn’t wait anymore. Plus, she didn’t came there to watch these 2 guys arguing and ignoring her. The annoyed guy already make she waited almost 30 minutes and now she has to spend more to watch them? No way. It just wasted her time.

“Um hello? I’m here, both of you” She coughed and said.

Both Taeyeon and Yuri stop arguing and looked at Tiffany. They almost forgot about the girl over there. Taeyeon looked at Yuri and Yuri do the same to. They both looked at each other, embarassed for showing this side of them. Taeyeon put both of his hand in his pockets while Yuri brushed the back of his hair acting cool.

“I’m sorry for late” Taeyeon let out his words.

“Hah look who’s talking. The one asking me not to be late. You supposed to said that to yourself first” Tiffany crossed her arms over her chest and looked away, avoiding Taeyeon’s gazes.  

Taeyeon’s brows bumped together in a scowl upon hearing Tiffany’s words.

“Excuse me MISS PUNCTUAL, I’ve already said sorry just now. No need to be sarcastic here. I didn’t do it on purpose. i.got.stucked.in.jam.”

Yuri that stand beside Taeyeon realise his friend face become more intense and to prevent Taeyeon’s anger from burst out, he had to do something. He know Taeyeon’s anger is hard to be control.

“Taeng! Why don’t you see your car now? You must miss it right? Well it looked like new, you know? Come” Yuri said and walked out from the room to distract Taeyeon’s attention.

Taeyeon moved his sight to Yuri. He then just walked out of the room, following Yuri’s step. Followed from Taeyeon’s back is Tiffany going out from the room too. They followed Yuri to a room that placed car that have been repaired. Taeyeon saw his car from a far and quicken his step towards it. He touch the back of the car. Yuri is right, it look like new. Taeyeon walk around his car and see everything. He then said,

“Bring out the bill Yul”

Yuri is confuse. All this while whenever Taeyeon repair or modified his car, he never asked for a bill. Usually, he’ll just asked him to email it or Yuri didn’t charged him.

“But Taeng you nev-”

“Just give me the bill Yul. I hate repeat a same thing more than twice and you know that.” Taeyeon said while keep his face straight.

Yuri just nodded and call his worker, asked for the bill. Tiffany just watch Taeyeon talk to his friend. A few minutes later, a worker came and give Yuri a piece of paper. Taeyeon just grabbed the paper from Yuri. He looked at the paper and hand it to Tiffany. Tiffany took the paper from Taeyeon’s hand and read it. While she read, Yuri dragged Taeyeon a bit far from the girl.

“What the hell is this Taeng? Who is she and why did you suddenly asked for bill?”

“She’s the one hit my car Yul, of course she has to pay for it.” Taeyeon said with a flat tone.

“What? Seriously? I can’t believe it. She’s too beautiful to hit your car Taeng. You know you can pay it, even in double amount. Come on, just let it slip okay?” Yuri looked so suprised. Taeyeon never told him the exact story behind the incident.

“No way man. Do you want me to lose to a woman? I’m not like you Yul.” Look at this guy. Never want to give in.

Tiffany still looking at the bill that Taeyeon gave her just now. She can’t believe what she see right now. The total cost of repair is no joke. Its half of her salary for a month! Her eyes turned into a bug-eyed. She never thought it will be this much. Her thought suddenly being cutted off by Yuri’s word.

“Anything you don’t understand? Need me to explain anything?” He asked.

Tiffany startled with Yuri’s sudden presence. She just keep quiet, still looking at the bill.

“I guess I know your answer” Yuri smiled took the bill from Tiffany’s hand and lead her to the car. Then he began to explain.

“As you can see here, you hit his rear bumper which mean in other words is the back of the car. This rear bumper is not an ordinary bumper. That guy over there, using an exclusive rear bumper for his car. That kind of component have to be booked first. And, you know that you hit an Audi R8 right? Of course it cost a lot. Now you understand?” Yuri explained to Tiffany using his soft voice. Tiffany feel comfortable with around him. Unlike Taeyeon, Yuri is more soft and calm.

The scene have been watched by Taeyeon from the other side. He didn’t know why, but he feel uncomfortable looking at how Yuri treat the girl. The way he smile, the way he explained to the girl really something. Taeyeon know there is something inside his bestfriend’s mind. He’s a man too, of course he knew man’s feeling.

“Enough with all the explaination Yul. Guess we can discuss now?” Taeyeon said and walked towards them.

Tiffany just nodded and wait for Taeyeon’s next words. But something bothering Taeyeon.

“When I said WE, I mean you and me. Just.you.and.me” Taeyeon emphasized ‘we’ words and also said it a bit louder, give a sign to Yuri that stand beside Tiffany to leave. Yuri understood and leave both of them. Before Taeyeon can said anything, Tiffany cut him off by saying

“Look, I can’t pay it in lump sum now. I mean, its not that I can’t pay all of this. I can, but-”

“I know” Taeyeon said. In fact he didn’t want that girl to pay at all. As Yuri said, he afford it. It just, he want to use this case as an excuse for he to keep on contacting this girl.

“I can pay all of this now. But you’ve to pay me back. I don’t care if it tomorrow, next week, soon or later. Don’t worry, interest will not be counted. Just pay me the net amount. Deal?” Taeyeon said again, this time he’s using more softer tone.

Tiffany was thinking whether she want to accept his offer or not. But the offer is not bad though. A few minute passed, finally Tiffany began to talk.

“Deal”

And with that agreement, both of them back to their office and ended their day. Taeyeon got to drive his car back and Tiffany can settle down her problem. 

 


Wuu~ what we got here? jealous taeng? omo. ^^ whoops! can see Yulti over there..... yay or nay? Stay tuned !