LXXIV

The Ice Has Melted

Taeyeon really happy when he received the happy news, but not to Tiffany. She’s been quiet since they went out from the clinic. Her sorrow expression shows it all. She even pondering and don’t given any attention to any of the thing that Taeyeon nor Sarang said. Taeyeon who realised that his girlfriend changed right after the happy news came out thinking of asking her when they stop to having lunch later on. For now, he will just let her be in her world. But within that time, Taeyeon was thinking too. What is the reason she being like that?

--

AT THE RESTAURANT

When the food arrived, Sarang quickly grab her spoon and eat with joy. But for the elders, both of them were quiet. Taeyeon take a sip of water first before begin to talk.

“Why don’t you eat baby? You don’t like the food here?” He asked after put the glass down back on the table.

Tiffany turns to him and looks at Taeyeon’s expression. He looks calm like usual and keep on waiting for her answer with patient. But turns out, she just keep quiet and be silent, leaving Taeyeon’s question with a big question mark. Tiffany giving him a bitter smile and just push gently his hand, ask him to eat. The plate in front of her was left. She don’t even feel want to eat now. Her mind is in mess right now, thinking a lot of thing.

Taeyeon take his fork and spoon and start to eat with a heavy heart. He just eat because his girlfriend ask him to. But not only Tiffany, but Taeyeon also think the reason on why she can be like that.

10 minutes eating in silence, Taeyeon put his eating utensils down.

“Okay, that’s it. I can’t stand anymore Fany-ah.” He said while looking at Tiffany.

When he’s talking, Tiffany was taking a sip of apple juice. She stop when hear he said those thing. “Why Tae?”

Looking her with a confuse look, Taeyeon reach for her hand. “Are you okay Fany-ah?”

Tiffany looks around her and finally she put her eyes on Taeyeon. She look at it with full of guilty feeling. She knows that she has made Taeyeon worried about her and that man really need her answer. But in this situation, she really need some space and maybe will explain to him later on. Not only Taeyeon, but Tiffany also confuse with herself right now.  

“I’m fine Tae, what’s wrong with you?” she bombed him back with a question.

Taeyeon brush his hair also cupped his own face when heard to her answer. As he feel fed up, Taeyeon try to hide it and just take a deep breath. “Nothing wrong with me baby, it’s okay. Let’s go.” He pulls her hand to get up and also Sarang since the little girl already finish eating. Taeyeon lose his appetite and just eat few of his food. Tiffany saw his changes and she knows that is because of her.

While they’re on their way home, Taeyeon just keep silent while Sarang already fell asleep at the backseat of the car. On the other side, Tiffany keeps looking at the expressionless Taeyeon.

“I’m sorry Tae…” she muttered by herself.

No, she can’t let it to be like this. She can’t let her emotional feelings attack her and they end up keep being silent until the end. As the starting point, she tried to hold Taeyeon’s bare hand that being left on his knees. Yes, he’s been drive with one hand since the beginning. As much as he want to hold her hand, he knows Tiffany is not in her normal state and he didn’t want to make it worst so that is why he just let his hand free from anything.

Tiffany reach his hand and hold it. Taeyeon can sense someone touch him and he knows that his girlfriend touching him. He looks at her and his eyes than land on their hand that already intertwined now.

“I’m sorry Tae,” she hang her head down.

Taeyeon tighten the hold while he’s driving. “It’s okay Fany-ah. I won’t force you. You can talk to me when you’re ready.”

Now the guilty feeling in her increased. Taeyeon being so good and understanding to her. Tiffany really needs to think on how to fix her emotion as soon as she can. She just nod to his word and continue to intertwine their hand. They just having an ordinary talk and Taeyeon didn’t want to bring up any sensitive issue to not make it worse.

As soon as they reach home, Taeyeon park his car and carry the sleeping Sarang along the parking lot till her room. Tiffany follow him from behind, not saying anything. Even though Taeyeon kind of disappoint with her behaviour, but he still put her first before anything. Plus, she was carrying a baby in her womb.

“Fany, come walk with me. Don’t walk behind me.” Taeyeon said when he notice she stay behind him. He said it while reach out one of his hand, trying to reach her hand. Luckily she didn’t reject it and take his hand. They then walk along the parking lot together until they reach the penthouse.

Taeyeon ask Tiffany to stay and wait for him to send Sarang to her room first. While waiting for him, she went to the kitchen and drinks a glass of plain water. Tiffany think on how she going to tell her family. Jessica. Yes, her best friend is what she need right now. Just when she want to take out her phone, Taeyeon come and appear in front of her. Tiffany look up and saw Taeyeon stand with a smile on his face.       

“Come on baby,” he put out his hand to reach her hand.  

“Where do you want to take me Tae?” Tiffany ask him with confuse face.

Taeyeon give a warm smile to her, hoping that she’ll like what he prepares for her.

Taeyeon knows that Tiffany love see firecracker and since their house located at the top floor, he has prepared for a firecracker show that night for her. While Tiffany still confuse where he going to take her.

He drag her to the balcony while closing her eyes. “Tae, where are you going to take me?”

“Shh, you’ll know soon Fany-ah.” He whisper at her right ears.

Even when her eyes  being covered, Tiffany still smiling. She can feel a cool breezy night and there’s sometimes when the wind touch her back hair and make her shivering.

Taeyeon wear a long coat and let go his hand that covered her eyes then hug her back. Tiffany open up her eyes slowly and saw the night sky with full of stars. She can see the night view of Seoul city and turn her head to her boyfriend.

“Tae, w-what…” she can’t get to finish her word when Taeyeon cut her off. And at the same time, she can feel the warmth of his hand on her waist. She smile.

He pointed up to night sky. “Don’t look at me, look at up to the sky.”

Following his words, she look at it and suddenly, colourful of firecrackers painted the night sky. “Surprise baby,” He whisper again. Tiffany can’t help but to smile widely. She cover because of too happy. Taeyeon who’s at the back also smiling. He tightens the hug and they keep watching the show.

At the end of 20 minutes show, there is a set of firecracker show the word “I Love You”. Tiffany feel surprised once again and her eyes widen this time. She turn her back, facing Taeyeon now. And he still hugging her but now the position changed.

There’s no word how grateful she is knowing him and having Taeyeon as her boyfriend. Without thinking of anything, she just pull him into a kiss. Their movement going perfect as they started with a light and smooth kiss. The kiss going deeper when Taeyeon’s tongue knock between her lips to get into . She smiling and giving access for him to get in. This is not the first time they kissing. And everytime they kiss, it become more and more great.

That is how they finish their night and the kiss then continue until their room. But still, Tiffany’s mind still thinking about earlier. Taeyeon failed.

 

NEXT DAY  

Tiffany went out to meet Jessica. She needs her best friend right now. They already promise to meet at the usual café they went to. Taeyeon already knows since he has been informed this morning. But still, he worried about her. So Taeyeon asked Jessica to look after her. While Jessica didn’t understand what his mean as she still didn’t know about the situation now.

“Hi Jessie!” Tiffany wave at her best friend as soon as she saw Jessica at the café.

Tiffany realised that she is pregnant, so she didn’t run to hug her best friend like she always did and just walk towards her. While walk towards her, Jessica scanned her best friend from a far while waving back to her. She see nothing different. Tiffany seems healthy, cheerful and chubby. Wait. Did she see Tiffany chubby? And she’s wearing something rare, a flat shoes. Yes, she’s wearing a flat shoes to make sure it’s easy for her to walk and keep the balance since she is pregnant.

“This is not so Tiffy,” Jessica knows her best friend loves heel. So, wearing flat shoes will never be her things.

 The 2 best friends hug each other and take a sit after that. A waiter come to take their order while they started to chat.

“Give me one caramel latte please,” Jessica ordered. “How about you Tiff?”

Tiffany look at the menu. She knows she cannot take any drinks. She remember what the doctor said. Plus, she knows about the do’s and don’ts when pregnant since she did take care of her pregnant aunt before.

“I’ll just have an apple juice” She said and throw out a smile to the waiter.

The waiter walk away and Jessica start to ask her question since there’s too many suspicious thing she saw.

“Apple juice Tiff? Why not coffee? Don’t you love it so much?” she began to ask her first question.

Tiffany’s eyeballs wandered here and there, looking everywhere that she could find an answer. At the end, she let out a sigh. After take a few minutes to get the courage, she begin to talk.

“This is why I want to meet you, Jess.” Her face doesn’t look serious. She just look at Jessica with a sorrow look.

Jessica correct her position and look at Tiffany, waiting for her next words. “You make me nervous somehow Tiff.”

Tiffany smile and shake her head. “I don’t know whether this is serious or not Jess,” she stop for a while. Looking at Jessica’s expression. She just hope of not getting any negative respond from her.

“What is it Tiff?”

“I’m pregnant.”

“WHAT?!”

Her scream nearly make the entire café look at them. No wonder she doesn’t look like the usual her. Now Jessica got the answer. Tiffany look down to the floor. Her best friend must be mad at her right now.

Leaving the surprise behind, Jessica back to the normal world. “How can this happen? Don’t you guys use protection?”

Tiffany shake her head. “I don’t know Jessie, it just happen.”

Jessica ask her whether is there anyone else has know about it and of course Taeyeon too. Tiffany answer her by shaking her head. “But Tae has already know about this. We went to clinic yesterday.”

The blonde nods. “So how’s he? He can accept it?”

Tiffany give a weak nod. Jessica look at her respond. She doesn’t look happy with the news. If Taeyeon got no problem with it means he’s sincere with her. So what’s bothering her now?

Their order arrived after few minutes. Jessica take a sip of her caramel latte while Tiffany just stare at her apple juice. It’s not like she didn’t like it, but she didn’t feel like want to drink now. Thinking on how to tell her family also Taeyeon’s. Jessica hold Tiffany’s hand, trying to give her support also strength. Tiffany look up to her best friend. She feels want to cry there but they were in public. Jessica feels sorry for her Tiffany. Her feeling is like a glass, easy to breaks.

“Tell me what’s bothering you Tiff?”

Tiffany cupped her face. Trying to endure her tears. “I don’t know how to say this, but I got a lot of mixed feelings now.”

Jessica keep quiet. Waiting for her next words.

“I’m afraid and confuse right now Jessie.”

Listen to her tone that changed into serious tone, Jessica become more focus to know about her problem. “Hey what’s wrong Tiff?”

Tiffany let out a sigh. “For God sake I’m pregnant Jess and we’re not even married! How I’m gonna tell my dad and Tae’s family?”

Tiffany aware of Taeyeon’s status as the son of millionaire and also her family who well known by people around even though they were not rich as Taeyeon’s family.

Jessica keep quiet for a while. She’s right. They can’t be like this.

“He didn’t propose to you yet? Seriously Tiff?”

Tiffany shake her head. “He never mention about married even once. Does he want to play with me Jess?”

Jessica quickly shake her head to Tiffany. “No, don’t think like that Tiff. If he wants to play with you, he wouldn’t sacrifice himself for you. Right?”

Tiffany silent. That thought has been playing in her mind. Tiffany didn’t know what is wrong with her. She’s been over sensitive these days. She even feel sad when Taeyeon rejected her request to eat jjampong at the 3 am.

While in Jessica’s mind, she has been thinking to tell Yuri about this. Best friend will always be one. She will help Tiffany.

Both of them finished their meeting with Jessica distracting Tiffany by shopping since it has been a while both of them spend their time together after what has happen, also their commitment to work. Jessica just hope Tiffany can stop having negative thinking about Taeyeon. She sure Taeyeon is not that kind of man.

 


 hey dear my beloved readers! it has been a while isn't? i'm sorry for taking a long time. i guess this was the longest one right? i miss all of you :/ i feel bad for leaving this story for quite a while. forgive me please? i've finished my intern and also 3rd semester. because of all of your pray, i do well in my final exam. thank you! :D enjoy your reading!