LXIII

The Ice Has Melted

All of their plan were going well except for Yoona. Nana still going strong with her plan and didn’t care about her sister. What make she curious now is, how Yoona can know about all this? who dare to tell her? It can’t be Taeyeon because he never gets to meet Yoona even from before. She has told Nichkhun about this and they become more aware with whatever they’re doing after this.

While Yuri already got the information about Tiffany. Taecyeon, who is Yuri’s friend the private investigator informed him that Tiffany has be seen at Jeju since few weeks ago and thank goodness she still stay there. Taecyeon has check the hotel’s number given by Yuri, he even went to the hotel and asked them few questions. The staffs said that she really look miserable and ever since she was there, Tiffany always went to beach even its winter. They didn’t dare to ask her anything as she look cold and only speak when needed.

Yuri told everyone about Tiffany. Jessica and him will go to Jeju today. Mark won’t be coming as he got work at Seoul. Today is his first day working under Sonexclusive. Well, he has being recruited as the company official model before the accident happen. So he only will help in other things.

--

AT JEJU

Both Jessica and Yuri arrive at Jeju after take evening flight. They were welcomed by Yuri’s friend, Taecyeon. They then being brought to the hotel for them to check in as Yuri didn’t want to trouble anyone by staying at Taecyeon’s house. Yuri asked Jessica to rest at her room but that girl eager to meet Tiffany as soon they’ve check in.

“We’ll meet her tomorrow Sica-yah,” Yuri said while take the hotel keys from the staff.

Jessica pout. Ever since Yuri’s bold action by just lay on her lap, she didn’t feel awkward towards him anymore. Jessica didn’t flinch anymore whenever Yuri suddenly hold her hand. They didn’t declare anything but don’t know why she let him do that.

“But I want to meet her now, Yul. Please…?” Jessica give a puppy looks to him.

Yuri shake his head. He didn’t say anything and just pull her hand also with her luggage going to the room upstairs. Taecyeon just follow them from behind and smiling. He know that was the girl Yuri talk about. He got to know just by looking at the way Yuri treat her. Their hand still intertwine when the elevator stop at the floor where their rooms located at.

Jessica being dragged by Yuri and they stop in front of a door. He unlock and gently push her going into the room. “Rest now and we’ll go to her tonight.” He said to her. Yuri change the plan about going to find Tiffany tomorrow to tonight as he didn’t want to see the pouting Jessica anymore.

She want to say something but being shut by Yuri put his index finger on her lips. “T.o.n.i.g.h.t. Say anything more, the deal is off.” They were so close. The only part them away was Yuri’s index finger. Jessica didn’t dare to say a thing, so she just keep quiet.

Yuri get out and left her in the room. while he was walking towards his room, Taecyeon elbowed him. “That was her right?”

“Her what?” Yuri turn to Taecyeon.

Taecyeon smirk. “Yah, don’t lie anymore Kwon Yul because you’re bad at it. I saw everything. She’s great because can change you. I really have to thanked her. Should I do a party?” Taecyeon pretend to think as he was playing with Yuri. He then walks faster before Yuri got to hit him.

Realizing that Taecyeon being sarcastic with him, Yuri run after him that as already walk in front. “Yah Ok Taecyeon!”

But Yuri stop after few seconds. He thought of what Taecyeon said just now. “Am I really bad at lying? Didn’t I did well all this while?”

--

BACK TO SEOUL

Sunny and Seohyun keep on helping Taeyeon in gaining his memory back and today Mark come to visit him since he got work in Seoul. When Mark arrive at Taeyeon’s room, he saw Sunny and Seohyun already there.

“Hi Mark, you come alone today? Where is Mr. Hwang?” Sunny ask him while he saw Taeyeon look at him with curious look. Mark already aware about Taeyeon’s condition so he didn’t ask much.

“Uncle has gone back to Jeonju few days ago. Its my first day working so I thought want to see him before I went to office.” Mark explain.

Sunny was thinking. First day? What first day? Sunny was too busy handling many things since Taeyeon was gone. She forgot that today was the day all model recruited will attend a meeting and sign the contract. “Oh yes, it was today? Oh my, I must have forgot about it.”

Mark just smiling towards her. “Hi Taeyeon,” he wave his hand to him.

Taeyeon look at him with confuse look. Do he know this man too? “I-I’m sorry I don’t remember you,” Taeyeon become more calm whenever with people he doesn’t have memory on.

“It’s okay Taeng,” Mark answer him and take a seat beside him. 

“Can I know who are you? I try to remember some of the things happen before,” Sunny look at Seohyun and they smile. Feeling glad Taeyeon try his best to regain his memory.

Mark didn’t decline his request. He tell Taeyeon how they met before and also how he being test by Mr. Hwang before. Taeyeon didn’t remember any of the thing Mark told him but he laugh when listen to it. He has been thinking on how exciting his life before based on what Mark, Sunny and the others told him. While Mark was talking, Taeyeon didn’t cut him off and just listen to all his words. He try to recall some of the part, but it still fail. His head hurting, but he manage to endure it.

“So you’re Tiffany’s cousin?” Taeyeon said after Mark stop talking. Mark didn’t reply him with words, he just nod to him and smile.

“Do you know where is she now? They said she’s missing in action.” Taeyeon really wants to meet Tiffany. Even though he didn’t have any memory on her but based in what they said, he feels she’s a good woman. Even his mother and sister talks a lot about her. If everybody talks good thing about her that’s mean he got a perfect girlfriend. So why does she hide herself?

“Did I make anything that hurt her?” Taeyeon thought of one thing. She won’t disappear just like that if there’s anything that makes her upset or hurt.

3 of them give a blank answer. They themselves didn’t know what actually happen. No calls, no text or not even a letter from her explained what has happen.  

“Ah you also didn’t know about it? It’s okay,” Taeyeon give a bitter smile. He feels disappoint actually but nothing he can do other than keep on try to regain his memory.

Sunny and Mark then excuse themselves as they have to go to office. Now the only one stay there is Seohyun. She spend a lot of time be with Taeyeon. She take a long leave as she want to help him until he fully recover. Taeyeon has done a lot to her back then, so this is the time she pay it back.

--

Dr. Park Seo Joon bring a happy news for Taeyeon today. He was allowed to discharged from hospital as he didn’t have any problem with his injury. He just have to come to the hospital for his physiotherapy session. Dr. Im Yoona is no longer be in charge of his therapy. She really feel ashamed to look at Taeyeon. She feel guilty of what has happen. Yoona knows it was cause from her sister.

Seohyun has convince Taeyeon to stay at his parents’ house as he was recovering but he decline it. Mrs. Kim really worried about him and so do his other family. Taeyeon’s father also has talk to him but Taeyeon still with his decision. He just want to rest at home and maybe go for a holiday if possible. No one could stop him anymore. Taeyeon just went to his parents’ house because he wants to take Sarang. Since that little girl is in holiday, he wants to spend time with her. While Seohyun went back home after sure Taeyeon is okay and take the prescription. She’ll come to see him again tomorrow.

Sarang run excitedly as soon as the elevator reach to the top floor. Taeyeon couldn’t grab her hand as the little girl run so fast. Taeyeon want to run after her but his leg still hurt and he can’t run. Luckily he can still walk.

“Sarang wait!” Taeyeon ask her to stop while he was struggling to walk.

“Sarang wants to see mommy!” she said while running towards the door. The little girl really sound so excited.

Taeyeon saw Sarang knocking the door and shout ‘mommy I’m home’ for a few times but she stop after knocking few times. As soon Taeyeon manage to reach to the front door, he ask his daughter that already hang her head down to the floor. “Hey baby girl, you left daddy behind huh.” He brush the girl’s hair.

“Mommy is not here,” Sarang said with a sad tone. She still hang her head low.

Hearing to her tone, Taeyeon look at his daughter. He wants to bent down, but his leg hurt. Although he’s hurt, he just endure the pain and bent down to Sarang. “We’ll find mommy soon okay?”

Sarang look up. That girl finally become bright again. “‘willy’? I’ll meet mommy? ‘pwomish’?”

Taeyeon make a pinky promise with her. “Promise. Now don’t be sad and help daddy get up okay? Aigo daddy’s leg hurt,” he said while Sarang hold his hand to get up.

Taeyeon unlock the door and as soon as it open, he can smell something. The smell was sweet and he feels familiar with the fragrance somehow. He walk to the kitchen as he feels thirsty. Sarang already switch the TV and watch her favorite cartoon. Taeyeon can hear like someone was laughing and there illusion of people running around him. It was the ‘unclear woman’ again. This time she was laughing along with someone, Taeyeon didn’t know who. The glass he was hold drop on the floor and broken. Sarang quickly run towards kitchen as soon she heard the noise.

“Daddy!” she shout.

Taeyeon already sit on the floor, try to endure the pain in his head. He heard his daughter calling him.

“Ss-sarang, don’t come here.. Daddy is fine. Gg-go watch the cartoon,” He didn’t want Sarang to look at him with this condition. Plus, there was broken glass over there so he didn’t want her to step on it. Sarang stop running and went back to living room, obey with her daddy’s word. But she can see the broken glass there.  

--

NIGHT AT JEJU

Yuri and Jessica went to a café which Taecyeon she work there. Jessica wants to approach her but Yuri hold her. He knows Tiffany will try to run again if they approach her suddenly. And if she run away again after this, she’ll not tell anyone even her father because Mr. Hwang broke his promise once. Taecyeon also agree with Yuri’s suggestion. So they decided to just observe her before going to approach her slowly.

They stay in the car until Tiffany’s shift over. Taecyeon planning on asking the café owner about Tiffany tomorrow. Jessica already fell asleep at the back seat as it was already late. Now the only left were Yuri and Taecyeon. Yuri keep his eyes widen to prevent him from fell asleep.

Yuri look at his watch. Its already 11.00 pm. The café already dark. He guess they already close. For now, he just have to wait for Tiffany to go out and keep following her to know her place. Few minutes of waiting, Tiffany finally went out and walk beside their car. Luckily it was night, so she can’t see clearly. Yuri wants to start the car engine but stop when saw Tiffany stop walking. He then saw some guys were standing in front of her.

“Look like she got trouble,” Yuri said.

He shake Taecyeon’s body who already look sleepy. “Come on Taec, she got problem.”

Taecyeon awake from slumber. He look in front and saw what Yuri talking about. “But she’ll see you if we go out Yul,”

Yuri smile to him. “Who said I’ll exposed myself? I know what to do. Let’s go now Taecyeon.”

Both of them then went out from the car and wait at the side. Yuri cover up himself using a hoodie while Taecyeon wear a snapback that close enough to cover up his face. They’ve planned not to involve if it was not serious.

***

 

TIFFANY POV

“Hey look at this boys, we got a beautiful lady here. Hahaha!” an unknown guy speak. They’ve block the way and there’s no other way I can use because they were around me now.

“Yah, new people here?” I heard someone asking. I didn’t know who as I didn’t dare to look up.

“Is she deaf or mute? Why doesn’t she respond?” I heard another people talking. Hearing his word make me thought of something.

 

LITTLE BIT FLASHBACK

“Are you deaf? or you can’t talk?”

“Well excuse me Mr, I don’t have any hearing problem and as you can hear, I can talk clearly.”

“So, if you don’t have any problem with your hearing and talking, why you can’t SEE CEARLY then?!”

“Fine, I’m sorry Mr...?”

“You can just say that sorry without knowing my name. Do you have to? Sorry I didn’t expose my name to a stranger,”

That was our very first conversation, Tae.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

As I want flashbacking, I heard the guys talk again.

“There is just one way to know whether she deaf or mute,” at the same time I feel someone was grabbing my hand. I look up and saw one of them smirking towards me.

“What are you doing? Let me go!” I said while try to let my hand go from him.

All of them were laughing. “Hahaha see what I told you? Be quiet hot chic, we just want to do some ice breaking,”

“Let me go! Please!” I was too scared until tears starting to form. At this time, Taeyeon will always be there to be knight but not anymore. look like I’ve to going through by myself.

I was still struggling to let my hand go when suddenly I heard someone speak. This time, it’s not from the guys but it was from the back.

 

AUTHOR POV

 

“Let her go,” Yuri said. He still lean at the car with Taecyeon beside him.

“Yeah like we want to listen to you dude. Just mind your own business if you don’t want to be hurt,” One of them warned Yuri.

Yuri smile behind the hoodie. He make a move towards them. “I don’t mind to be hurt rather than see you hurt her. So now, please let her go.”  He stop 5 steps away from them.

“Yah you better let her go while we speak nicely. You’ll be dead if you don’t listen to us.” Taecyeon’s turn to speak.

They ignore the warned and just dragged Tiffany away from Yuri and Taecyeon. Yuri can hear Tiffany scream out and that makes his patient decreased.

He run quickly to them and push hardly the guy that drag Tiffany. The guy fell and Tiffany got to let her hand go. She run back and stay behind Yuri.

“Stay back.” Yuri said and Tiffany follow his word. She stay behind them.

“YAH!” a guy run and try to slash Yuri’s arm using a knife.

Yuri got to avoid it and squeeze his arm then elbowed him. The knife fell and the guy groaned. Yuri pinned his down and kick his vital spot. One down 2 more to go.

While Taecyeon on the other side being attack by another guy. He try to punch him but missed. Taecyeon got to punch him instead right to his jaw and he can hear a crack sound. That’s mean he got the spot. To stopped him, Taecyeon punch twice on his stomach and push the guy that have started to bleed.

Yuri and Taecyeon finished all of them without being hit even once. Yuri brush his hand as it feel hurt from punching them.

“I told you to let her go isn’t?” Yuri said and knuckled one of the guy.

“And I told you too, you’ll be dead if you don’t let her go. Now you see?” Taecyeon continue to walking behind Yuri.

Before going back to Tiffany, Yuri turn back to the boys and said. “Yah, go home and do your homework kiddo. There’s school tomorrow. Heh,”

Tiffany thanked them and when she just want to know their name, Yuri quickly get away from there. he didn’t want his identity to be exposed.

“Be safe Miss,” Taecyeon said to her.

“Yes, thank you once again Mr…?” Taecyeon already disappear from there.

Tiffany walk to her home. She feel glad there were people to help her even though it was not Taeyeon.