XXXIV

The Ice Has Melted

Taeyeon is now drive heading to Hyo’s club. He didn’t want to find any trouble, he just want to come and observe him. Luckily, the club is not far from his office so he didn’t have to drive for a long time. but before he went to the club, Taeyeon wait for Tiffany to go home first. He checked with the security and make sure that Tiffany already went out from the building safely. He then wait for little while longer as he want to finish his work. Taeyeon went out after spend an hour in his room and find that the office already empty because all staffs have go home.

Tiffany didn’t know that Taeyeon is still in the office, she just walked pass by his office. She thought he already left. She drive to Taeyeon’s house, luckily she still remember the way to his house. But she drive a bit slow because sometimes she confused which turn should she take and which neighborhood he live at. Tiffany arrive after about an hour a half driving. The security already know her because Taeyeon did tell them about Tiffany that now live there. She went upstairs and take a shower. Tiffany really feel fresh after that. All her tiredness gone after having a warm shower. She look at the clock. It already near 11pm. Tiffany went out from the office on time, but because of the traffic jammed she stuck in, she arrive late.

Suddenly an idea appear in her mind. She went to the kitchen downstairs to cook. She feel hungry suddenly and decided to cook a simple food. Tiffany open the fridge and saw there is a lot of things in there. She then took out eggs and kimchi. She going to make a really simple food. Yeah, it’s kimchi fried rice.

--

While Taeyeon who already stand in front of the main entrance of the club already can hear the loud music. At this time, there is not much people. The club started going to full when 12 midnight and above. He knows he come too early. Plus, he didn’t come to enjoy though. But it’s okay, he’ll go in no matter what. The club bouncer talk to him as they already know each other.

“Hey Taeng. Finally come to hit the club huh? Hahaha.”

“Hahaha I’m kinda busy these day Joe. Well I miss all chicks here that’s why I come tonight.” Taeyeon joke with him.

“Well you can find the best chicks inside then! See ya, man!” The bouncer said. They do the fist bump and Taeyeon then walked into the club. Remember the last time he was here? It’s when Tiffany being attacked right? Joe is the one that send her car back home after the incident. Joe and Taeyeon were friend. Taeyeon always help him when he need to lend some money. Joe’s family have many debts to pay and he didn’t have any high qualification to work in better position, so he end up work as a bouncer. But still didn’t get enough pay as he has to support his parents and also his 2 sisters that currently study in highschool. His parents already old and sick so he’s the one in charged in everything.

As soon as he walked into the club, there’s few people staring at him. There are some girls smile shyly towards him. Taeyeon knows those girls just want to seduce him and his money so he just ignores them. Everyone in that club knows him. In fact, they know all of his best friend too. When 4 of them walked into the club, they’ll be the center of attraction. Well, all of them were son/daughter of the richest family in Korea, of course they’ll attract people around them. Among 4 of them, the Kim’s family always be the main attraction. Second of course would be Kwon’s but mostly people will recognized him in the club, parties, luxury sports bar on any other place that usually rich man will hang out. Unlike other of his friends, Yuri doesn’t care much about his future life. For now, he just think of enjoying his life every night.

Taeyeon look around the club. There are not many people yet, well it still early though. Taeyeon went straight to the bar looking for that guy but he’s not there. All he can see now is Key, who was arranging glasses and also Jonghyun who is sit on the chair behind the counter bar. He wonder where is that guy? is he already left? Key look up and saw Taeyeon stand near the counter bar. He then call him.

“Taeng hyung!” Taeyeon brought her eye sight to the voice. He smile and wave his hand to the owner of the voice.

“Hey boys! It’s been a long time isn’t?” Jonghyun also get up and wave his hand back to Taeyeon. Both, Key and Jonghyun lower their head to him. Taeyeon now sit on the bar stool. Both of the nodded and smile to him.

“Guess you’re busy huh hyung?” Key who still arrange the glasses asked him.

“Haha well you know how I am right Key? Work never end for me.” He replied with a smile but still his eyes didn’t take off from looking around the club, finding that guy. Key just nodded while Jonghyun look at them.

“I heard from Hyo hyung that your new collection be in top chart again. Wah daebak. Congrats hyung! What do you want to drink? Let us treat you tonight. Right Key?” Jonghyun congratulate him. Taeyeon lower his head as he thanked them. These boys really polite and respect him. Key nodded as he agree with what Jonghyun said just now.

“Should we make the usual one for you? I’m sure you miss it hyung.” Key guess. Taeyeon always had vodka when he went there. He’s not a good drinker but once he drink, he won’t stop and you don’t want to see the drunk Taeyeon.

Taeyeon shook his head. He’s not here for drinking, he here for something else. Plus, he didn’t want to get drunk tonight, he has to drive back home also Tiffany can’t see him in that condition.

“No, just give me the light one. Let’s take it easy tonight. Hahaha.”

Jonghyun prepared his drink while Taeyeon continue to observe the place. He still can’t find that guy. all types of questions popped up in his mind. He saw DJ played a music on the stage, the place started to dimmed and also music become louder than before. There is a few people sit at the counter bar and ordered drinks. They look at Taeyeon and whisper among them.

“Hyung here is your drink. As your wish, the light one. Enjoy it!” Jonghyun put the glass on the counter bar and continue to entertain other people. Key also started to be busy with those people who already buzzing around him.

Taeyeon finish his drink in one shot and get up from his place. He has to find that guy. Taeyeon went to every side of the club, but still can’t find him. With a dark, noisy and packed people in there it make Taeyeon’s search become harder. Give up searching, he went up to second floor where is VIPs room located and also Hyoyeon’s office. As usual, the security let him in and he went to Hyo’s. Hyoyeon who is looking at downstairs from his big glass window turn and smile when he saw Taeyeon.

“Omo look at who’s here? Our super busy friend!” Taeyeon laugh upon hearing Hyoyeon sarcasm. This guy really know to light up his mood.

“Enough with the sarcastic Hyo. I’ve show up right? Chill man.”

Hyoyeon walked towards Taeyeon and patted his shoulders. He then lead Taeyeon to sofa. He offers Taeyeon to drink but he declined it as he already drink it earlier. Hyoyeon knows his cousin hide something from him. He never come here if he doesn’t have problems. Well, he did come to the club even if he doesn’t have problems but it’s a rare thing to see him here. Plus, he was alone. Usually he will come with their other friends. He didn’t look messy as he got problems, so there must be something else bothering him. Hyoyeon look at Taeyeon who staring at the ceiling like he was thinking something. his eyebrows curved and he look so serious. Hyo take a sip of drink that being delivered to his room just now and then put it back on the table.

“What’s wrong with you Taeng? Got serious problem?” Hyoyeon asked his cousin.

“That bartender I told you before… where is he?” Taeyeon asked him back with hesitate tone.

Hyoyeon feel confuse with Taeyeon’s sudden question. He even didn’t answer his question earlier and now he’s asked him back? What is the natter with that bartender? Does he cause problem again? But if he did, why didn’t he got any complains or anything? All those question runs into Hyo’s mind.

“He still work here. You asked me not to fired him right, remember?” Taeyeon nodded. Hyo still remember what Taeyeon said at their lunch a few months ago. He knows there is a reason in everything Taeyeon said. They completely have different perspective in business. Taeyeon might be strict and so on, but at least he managed to build a company and able to control such a big company without help from others. This club too, if Taeyeon didn’t get to convince Hyo’s father to let him set a business, Hyo wouldn’t get to open this club.

“So why can’t I see him down there?” Hyoyeon get up went to his table. He open a file and see it. Then, he closed it after few minutes.

“He’s off today. You’ll see him on other day but not today unfortunately. Now tell me why did you look for him? Did he cause any trouble?”  Hyo back to the sofa. He’s curious about why his cousin so interested about the bartender.

Taeyeon tell Hyo everything. What I mean here everything is EVERYTHING. From A-Z. He told him about Nichkhun’s background and also about Tiffany. Yes, he told him about that girl. The thing that he has kept all by himself now already revealed to Hyoyeon. He can’t take it anymore. He has to tell someone about it and among them, Hyo is the one always cool and not pushing him. He also told him about his fight with Yuri. Hyoyeon is totally shocked when he heard all of that thing. He didn’t blame Taeyeon, he knows his cousin just want to help her and didn’t know he can be lead to a big problem.

“No wonder both of you look different today. Ah now I know the reason. Yah, you must solve this problem quickly. It might be big later on.”

“Yeah I know Hyo, I’m trying to solve it here. I will put it all back on their track.” Taeyeon replied while massaged his temple, feel stress when he think about all of this.

From the way told him, Hyoyeon noticed something. Taeyeon really care about Tiffany. He never get to see this kind of Taeyeon after the last 5 years. His eyes sparkling everytime he mention Tiffany’s name and the way his smiling when recall back his first meeting with her is a rare thing. Taeyeon didn’t mention that he likes her but everyone can tell that he’s in love if they see he smile foolishly.

“Did Taeng likes her?” Hyoyeon thought. Since Taeyeon didn’t mention anything, so Hyo didn’t dare to asked him that question.

Taeyeon’s search is a waste today but it’s okay he won’t and never give up. Just like Hyo said, he can meet that guy other days. Taeyeon bid goodbye to Hyoyeon and went downstairs. His mind feel fresh after told Hyo the whole story, he can tell someone whenever he like to tell. His burden now a bit light.

Taeyeon is in the middle of walking out from the club when he bumped into Yuri who just walk in with a girl in his arms. Taeyeon stop and look at him. The girl smile at Taeyeon shyly, but instead of reply the smile, he shot a glare at the girl. That girl look so cheap in Taeyeon’s eyes. He didn’t understand, why did they have to trade themselves. For what? Money? There are many other ways to get money better than this. He didn’t feel disgusted, but he just feel anger when he saw those girls who willing to sacrifice their body. Yuri then look at Taeyeon. What is he doing here? And alone?

“Hey Taeng. What are you doing here?” Yuri start the conversation first. After back from the lunch earlier, he realized that he shouldn’t be childish. He shouldn’t be jealous for no reason. Tiffany is just his normal staff, not more than that. Plus, she is not her girlfriend. Well, yet.

Taeyeon look at Yuri with blank expression. Yuri look different from earlier. It’s like he’s back to his ordinary self. “I’m here to see Hyo. I’ve promise him earlier. He might kick me if I didn’t come today. You know right. Hahaha.” Taeyeon replied then laugh. Although he still feel awkward with Yuri, but he tried to lighten their tense. He don’t want to fight with him anymore. They have been friend since they were kid, so they shouldn’t fight over small thing like this.

Yuri laugh too and patted Taeyeon’s back. He asked Taeyeon whether he already want to go home and offer Taeyeon to join him tonight. But Taeyeon reject it. He mention that he just want to see Hyo as he don’t want to broke his promise. He also have work to finish. Actually, beside that he also have another reason why he want to home quickly. Of course, it because of Tiffany. He can’t wait to see that face, the face that can make he feel calm. Yuri nodded, sign as he understand Taeyeon’s reason. They then bid goodbye and Taeyeon continue to go home.

--

While at Taeyeon’s house, Tiffany already finished eat a plate of kimchi fried rice. She eat just because she want to get energy to do her work later so she have to eat. As usual, she need to sketch a new design. Yes, the new collection just launched but she got nothing to do right now, so why not she just start to sketch something. Maybe she’ll get some inspiration later?

The house sound so quiet and dim. Tiffany purposely let the kitchen lamp on while the other is off. She also open the terrace door. The kitchen is near the terrace so the moon can illuminate the house. Tiffany love watching the moon, she want to be like a moon. Appear in the dark and light things up. She do her work at the terrace so she can look at the moon. With breezy night, Tiffany continue to do her while being accompanied by the moon. There is some time Tiffany will look at the time in her phone, wondering where is Taeyeon at.

--

Taeyeon arrive at his penthouse after driving about half an hour. He type in his house passcode and went in. He look at the dark house.

“Is she already sleep?” He thought.

Taeyeon look at his wristwatch. It showed 12.30 am. It’s already midnight. No wonder the house is dark. She must be sleeping right now. Feel his throat like burning after drinking the drink at the club, Taeyeon walked towards kitchen while mumbling by himself.

“Aish what did that kid put in that drink! It feel so hot here!” Taeyeon drink a glass of ice water in one shot. Now, he feel relieved. His throat no longer feel burn. As Taeyeon want to put the glass on the table top, he saw something. His kitchen is a see through one, so he can see outside at the terrace so do people out there. He saw a girl put her head on the table there.

“Tiffany.” He whisper her name as he can hear itself.

He walk out from the kitchen and went to the terrace. He stand in front of Tiffany and bend down. Taeyeon wave his hand in front of her face to checked whether she’s sleeping or not. Tiffany didn’t move at all. Taeyeon can feel wind is blowing on his face. He feel cold.

“Omo why this girl always fell asleep here and there?” Taeyeon mumbling as he took of his cardigan and cover up Tiffany’s back. He knows that girl must be cold.

He step back after put the cardigan on her. The wind blow too hard until her hair covering her eyes. Taeyeon want to move her hair back but as soon as he touch her hair, Tiffany open her eyes. Taeyeon shocked and quickly pull his hand away. He brushed the back of his hair and pretending to not know anything. Tiffany awake after feel something was being put on her body, so she open her eyes. She saw Taeyeon standing in front of her now.

“You’re home Taeyeon? Sorry I fell asleep. Sorry.” That is the first thing Tiffany said after she awake.

Taeyeon confuse. What does she sorry about? It’s not a big thing though.

“Yes, I’m home. Why are you apologize? Sleeping is not a crime though. Hahaha.” Taeyeon joking.

Tiffany still remember that Taeyeon have to carry her because she was asleep last time. She knows that it not her who walk and then sleep on the bed. She was being put on it by someone and that someone was Taeyeon. well, who else want to carry her anyway? She knows Taeyeon tired that day. Well, he help her at the hospital and then cook for her and has to carry her. Not to forget, he also have to going back to parking lot to get her things and put it in her room. She know it. In fact, she know everything. It’s true that she was sleeping, but she is half awake after being put on the bed. She can feel something cold on her forehead and she knows it Taeyeon that kiss her forehead. But she didn’t mind much about it because she thought that maybe he just feel sorry to her, not more than that.

“Sorry because you’ll have to carry me if I fall asleep… again.” Tiffany lower her head down.

Taeyeon laughed. He never thought that she will think about it.

“Hahaha. That’s it? That is what you sorry about? Omo. Fany-ah even if you fall sleep thousand times, I’ll still carry you up okay? You’re not heavy though. Hahaha.” He said while laughing. Taeyeon really in his good mood tonight.

“Yah! I don’t want to trouble you pabo-yah!” Tiffany get up and hit Taeyeon’s forehead. She didn’t get that he is only joking. Plus, she feel annoyed with his laugh. What so funny about? She was feeling guilty here!

“Ouch! It’s hurt Fany-ah! How dare you hit me? I’m your boss here!” Taeyeon whining like a kid and scrub his forehead.

“Serve you right! Don’t mess up when I’m reflecting. We’re not in office right now. You’re the one said that we’re friend after work. Remember?” Tiffany bombed him with those words.

“Oh so now you’re being a friend? Let’s see if we really can be friend huh? Let’s play rock-paper-scissors, the one who lose got punishment. Deal?” Tiffany nodded. Her spirit has risen up. She can’t be challenged.

“Deal!” She said.

“Rock-paper-scissors!” both of them said the word and showed their hand.

Taeyeon showed a peace sign mean scissors while Tiffany let her palm flat signed as paper. Taeyeon smirk and let out an evil laugh after that. While Tiffany sigh and patted her forehead. She never expect she’ll lose to him. She shot a glare at him and then said:

“One more time!”

Taeyeon stop laughing. He now look at the serious Tiffany Hwang. She look so determined.

“Eh? Isn’t it only once?”

“My rules. It twice.” Wuu. This girl really competitive. He never thought that she would be so serious. Come on, it just a game though. They’ll not get anything as rewards. Yeah, maybe they’ll get a stupid punishment.

“Rock-paper-scissors!” They showed their hand once again. This time, Taeyeon lose. He make a scissors sign while Tiffany showed a fist to him as a sign of rock. Now, they exchanged the feeling. Taeyeon the one who feel bitter while Tiffany celebrate her wining.

“It’s not fair. One more time!” Taeyeon feel unfair. He then pouted.

Tiffany shot a glare at him. How many times will they play this thing? Until tomorrow? Taeyeon saw she already curved her eyebrows. He then smirk and said:

“My rules. Play until I win. Hahaha.” He let out an evil laugh. But Tiffany didn’t give up. She don’t care even if she had to play this thing until dawn. Both of them now look serious as they were really compete in a competition. Their eyes look so intense as there is fire burning in it. Ohmy look at this two. *Author shook head

“Rock-paper-scissors!” There. the winning crown is back to Taeyeon. He smile foolishly. He now feel satisfied.

“Yeay! I win! Yes, oh yeah! Wohoo!” Taeyeon said. He jump like he has won a big lottery. He look totally like a kid now.

Tiffany bite her lips. Taeyeon really make her annoyed right now. She stare at the jumping Taeyeon. He look so happy.

“NO WAY! ONE MORE…”

“Ah ah no once again anymore. Let me win tonight. You’ll win next time okay? So let’s start with the punishment shall we?”

“Ugh fine. What is it?” Taeyeon put his index finger on his chin, thinking of what kind of punishment she should get. Suddenly he thought of something.

“Hm I hate punishing people. So instead of punishment, let just grant my wish. How is it?” Eh what’s wrong with him? didn’t he realize that he already punish a lot people? Not physically but mentally! Aish!

“Whatever.” Tiffany didn’t care anymore. She just want this to end so that she can go to sleep. It’s already 1am. She’ll not get enough sleep and maybe will not perform well at the office tomorrow.

Taeyeon smile. He knows Tiffany already feel annoyed with him. Deep in his mind, he just want to confess everything. About what he feel towards her, how the feeling was and so on. But he knows it’s too early and he afraid she might feel uncomfortable and reject it. Plus, he just want to try open his heart bit by bit so he have to take step by step.

“My wish is…” Taeyeon stop. He hesitated it at first. But then he continued.

“Let’s be friend.”

“Huh? But I thought we’re already friend didn’t we?” Tiffany confuse with him. Didn’t he the one said they were friend and now he want to start again? What all this about?

“I mean, let’s start over. Forget all those fights, quarrels and so on. You too, forget about all those thing I’ve done. Just forget about it. I want us to start again, a fresh start. I want to be friend with you, a real friend.” Taeyeon look at the silent Tiffany. That girl must be confuse now.

“I know our first meeting is not a good start for us. Also all the things that happen. And then, all the bitter words did I say to you. I know I’m not supposed do that to you and the way I treat you is totally wrong.” While listening to Taeyeon, her mind is now actively recap back their first meeting and everything that happen after that. She still remembers all the harsh words Taeyeon said to her, how she saw he get angry with other staffs on her first day but he also has a positive side with him. He said not to give up and he believe that she can do it in the fashion show, then the protective side of him that save her whenever she in bad circumstances.  She thought of consider about it, so she give him a chance.

“Okay. Let’s start again.” She let out a smile.

Taeyeon smile after heard her answer. Now, they can start everything again. He then extends his hand as an attempt to handshake.

“Hi. I’m Kim Taeyeon. I’m shorter than my friend, people always feel annoyed with me, all my staffs are scared of me because of my hot temper but don’t worry I’ll try to reduce it and lastly I’ll be a good friend if you accept my friendship handshake. ” Tiffany blur for a while. What does he doing now? But she get her mind back after few second. Oh so this is where they will start again. A handshake.

She laugh at Taeyeon’s introduction. He really talks bad about himself. He admits all his dark side. Tiffany shook her head. This guy, really.

“Hahaha. Hi Taeyeon. I’m Tiffany Hwang. Urm what can I say about myself? Diligent? I love to work because I love my current profession. Daddy always mad with me because I’m a workaholic. My friends give me a nickname, and it is Workatiff. Hahaha.” Both of them laughing and she accept Taeyeon’s handshake.

So here it is where it’s begin. A new start for Taeyeon and Tiffany. Both of them back to their room after a few minutes spend their time looking at the moon. They also managed to discover similarity between them which is staring at the moon. They chit chat about how they used to look at the moon before, what is their imagination about moon and many more.

Both of them stand in front of their room. Taeyeon said to her first:

“Good night Fany-ah”

“Good night too Taeyeon-ah” Tiffany replied and wave her hand towards him.

They then and shut the door. But no one knows that both of them were smiling behind those doors.


updated!

I'm so sorry, i know this story is kinda slow. in fact it was so slow right? me too, think that this story was SO SLOW. i just want to tell you here that i try to make it short and make the storyline faster. but it was not easy. sometimes you have the plot, but when you write it didnt work like you want. so i changed it. next, some chap need more explanation and sometimes i took 2 chapter to update 1 storyline. i want reader to imagine everything that i imagine when i write this. so that is why it takes long time than it supposed to. i'm a beginner and i still need guide to write. i really afraid someone might hate/dont like my story so i try my best to fulfill all the request. for those who giving me ideas sometimes, i really appreciate it. thank you ^^. i stay awake to update and there is sometimes my mind went blank suddenly. so what i'm trying to say here is, i've try my best. in every chap i write, i always try to fulfill what the readers want. so i'm sorry for the slow storyline. my bad :)  *bow