XLVIII

The Ice Has Melted

Okay first of all... I'M SORRY!! i know all of you want to hit me so much because didn't keep my promise. but please don't hit me first. let me explain okay? alright yeah i with my cliche assignment excuse right? but really, i was super duper busy nowadays. my graphics and multimedia assignments were no joke! this week supposed to be my study week before my final examination and i'm here sneaking out to write this >< kekeke. i'm sorry! 

don't be mad and read this okay? xoxo


When Yuri and Hyoyeon arrive, they saw both Taeyeon and Tiffany sit in the car. They then stop their car at the side of the road. Tiffany that saw a car stop near them feel scared that those men might come again. But the feeling gone when she saw 2 familiar men came out from the car. She unlocked the car and went out from there. Hyoyeon approach her first. Tiffany didn’t tell them what happen but asked them to bring Taeyeon to the hospital first.

Yuri is the first person that open the driver’s door after Tiffany told them about him. He saw Taeyeon didn’t open his eyes and he cover the wound using his other hand. Yuri try to wake him up but failed. All of them started to panic and Yuri quickly bring him out from the driver seat and put him at the back seat. Hyoyeon drive his car to the hospital while Yuri drive Taeyeon’s car along with Tiffany that sit at the back seat with Taeyeon. Once in a while, Yuri did take a glance at the mirror and saw Tiffany shed a tears while hold Taeyeon tightly.

Once they arrived at the hospital, doctors quickly give treatment to Taeyeon. While 3 of them waiting outside.

“How this can happen?” Hyoyeon open his mouth. He need to know about what happen to Taeyeon. Why this thing happen so sudden?

Tiffany look up. She then tell everything from A-Z. Both Yuri and Hyoyeon listen carefully and sometimes did asked her some questions. She then finish telling them after few minutes talking.

“Why do they did that? You didn’t know them though.” Yuri said. He feel weird suddenly.

“Didn’t you think what I’m thinking Yul?” Hyoyeon ask Yuri. When he think about all the thing that Tiffany tell them just now, those guys is not trying to kidnap her but look like they were told to. He was thinking if all this thing happen because of… Nana.

They look at each other. Seems like Yuri understand what Hyoyeon means. Tiffany look at them. She knows that they hide something form her and she wants to know about it. Just when she want to ask them, a doctor came out from treatment room. 3 of them then stand and wait for his explanation.

“Are you Kim Taeyeon’s family?” He asked.

“Yeah, he’s my cousin. I’m Kim Hyoyeon.” Hyoyeon answer him. The doctor nodded then explain to them about Taeyeon’s condition.

“His cut quite deep and big. He also loss a lot of blood when he was brought here. And I notice his knee swollen and it look quite serious. Is he have any knee injury during sport?” the doctor asked them.

“He, doing sport? Seriously?” Hyoyeon said.

“Shut up Hyo. Wrong timing.” Yuri said. With that, Hyoyeon shut his mouth.

Hyoyeon and Yuri look confuse but then Tiffany stand and speak.

“He didn’t have injury during sport. But his back of knee being hit.”

“Ah I see, I’ll refer him to orthopedic specialist later on. And not to forget, you can see him now if you want.”

“Thank you doctor.” 3 of them said in unison.

Hyoyeon and Yuri knows that he being hit by those guys. 3 of them then went to see Taeyeon.

--

Hyoyeon pulls Yuri out from Taeyeon’s room.

“What should we do now Yul? Thing will be getting worst if we let it be,”

“Yeah I know Hyo. I just thinking of who’s doing all this thing.” Yuri put his index finger on his chin, thinking of something.

“It obviously Nana’s doing Yul! why are you so stupid?!” Hyoyeon suddenly burst out.

“No I’m not stupid. You’re the one stupid Hyo. Remember the bar guy? Did Taeyeon got to see him yet?” Yuri remember that Taeyeon did mention before he want to meet that guy.

“Who? Ah, Nick? No, Taeng didn’t get to see him yet. Timing always blocking them. Wae?”

“Alright. I know how to find out then.” Yuri smirk. It’s a good thing that Taeyeon can’t get to see him. He has been noticed that the bar guy always looking at him whenever he came to the club but never once talk to him. So this is a great chance to ‘make friends’ with him.

“Huh?” Hyoyeon didn’t understand what Yuri’s mean.

“Hyo. You just stay here okay? I’m going somewhere for a while.”

“What? where do you want to go? Yah, you can’t leave me here Yul! Come on,” Hyoyeon said but Yuri just walked away and ignore him. He want to run after him but he knows that he can’t leave Tiffany alone at this time. She need somebody with her. 

Hyoyeon sigh and just saw Yuri that already walk far away from him and disappear from his sight in split seconds after that.

 “The fck…?”

--

MEANWHILE IN THE CAR

Yuri talk to himself while he’s driving back to the club.

“Did that guy doing this or Hyo was right, it was Nana?”

He thought about that all the way. Once he thinking that is he doing the right thing now? He didn’t know that he doing this because of Tiffany or for the sake of his best friend Taeyeon?

Yuri already started to understand that Taeyeon really love Tiffany and so her. Just for once, he want to see his best friend happy after being hurt badly but coincidentally love the same person which is Tiffany.

The others were right, Taeyeon did look happy when he with Tiffany. He even willing to do anything for her. Seeing Kim Taeyeon smiling widely is rare thing in these 5 years and when Tiffany appear in his life, look like smiling is the easiest thing for him.

 

 

 

AT THE CLUB

Yuri arrived at the club after spend 30 minutes driving. As soon as he walked in, of course those girl started to swarming him. But for the first time in Kwon Yuri’s life, he reject all the girls. Well, that is because he got more important thing to do.

“Sorry girls, oppa can’t have fun with all of you tonight. Next time okay?” He then winked to the girls and walked away from there.

From a far, he can hear all those girls whimpering and “aish!” “awwh!” words came out.

Yuri then make his way straight to the bar. What a great timing, Taemin and Onew are busy preparing other customer order, he saw that guy and went straight to him. In his walk, Yuri smirk. Acting begin.

Yuri purposely sit on the seat that near to Nichkhun.

“Aish, they can’t just let me be alone tonight!” Yuri pretend to complaining and wipe his sweats.

Like his bait eaten by fish, Nichkhun come towards him.

“Anything you would like to drink?” He asked.

“Just give me anything. I’m fine with it.”

With that, Nichkhun went back to the counter and make Yuri’s drink. While waiting for it, Yuri noticed someone familiar at the center of dance floor. It’s Nana. Good, the 2 suspect were here. Killing the two birds with one stone there.

“Here your drink, sir” A galss have been put in front of Yuri. He then turn his head and saw a drink. It just not a drink, but it the drink that he always order when he went to the bar. This guy surely observed him a lot.

“Oh? Uhm look like your taste were good. It’s one of my favourite though. And yeah one more thing, why did you call me ‘sir’? Just call my name. You know my name right? Hahaha,” Yuri keep on pretending.

“Ah, of course. Everyone here knows you. It will be shame if I didn’t know you. Plus you’re a regular customer here.”

“See? If you know that a lot about me, so feel free to just call my name okay? Come on,”

With that, Yuri got to know a bit of him. He did tell him about why did he came here. well, just some basic things. But never once he mentioned about Tiffany or other suspicious thing. Yuri is kinda disappointed with himself. He didn’t get any information that he want. Nana too, doesn’t seem suspicious to him. so Yuri went back to the hospital. Look like his searching is waste.

Just when Yuri went to the car park, he saw 2 familiar figure. It’s Nana and Nichkhun. He went closer to them to eavesdropping.

“So how was it?” Nichkhun asked Nana.

“Your stupid plan is ruined. Know that?!” Nana yell at him. She feel frustrated as their plan didn’t go well.

“What?!” Nichkhun’s face look so surprise.

“Taeyeon come at the right time beat them off. Great plan? Pft wasting my time!” As soon as those men getaway, they reported to Nana about their failure.

“And tell your stupid men to do their work properly. They were told to bring that out, not to beat off Taeyeon!” She said more.

“That has a name!” Nichkhun can’t get over. Even he didn’t love her and just want to ‘hunt’ Tiffany for other reason, but still ‘’ is not an appropriate name for her.

“Shut up and make a new plan. Make sure this time they’re really a ‘great’ plan!” Nana pointed her index finger to him.

“How about this time, we’re using your ‘brilliant’ plan? Oh I remember you don’t even have a plan!” He avoid her pointed finger and point his finger to her instead.

“Listen here, I’m the one that pay you, so just do what I said understand? Let’s move out, people will see us” with that, both of them go to separate way. Nichkhun went back into the club while Nana get into her car.

Both of them didn’t notice that Yuri stand at the back there and have already heard everything. Oh yeah not to forget, he also take a prove by taking their video. Look like luck is with him tonight. Yuri then speeding back to the hospital with a happy heart.

--

AT THE HOSPITAL

 

After being told by Yuri about Nana and Nichkhun, Hyoyeon want to make a police report but Yuri didn’t agree with him. He said that he want to see more of their plan and collect as much prove as he can. Think about it back, Hyoyeon agree with Yuri’s opinion. He never thought Yuri can be this clever.

While Yuri went out for a while, Hyoyeon called Seohyun and Sunny. At this time, the one that should talk with Tiffany is woman not a man like him. Plus Seohyun is a psychologist, of course she know how to handle Tiffany who have many emotion right now.

 

***

“So is it true that she’s back? Wow that woman. What does she want? duh!” Suuny asked Hyoyeon and Yuri about Nana at the outside of Taeyeon’s room.

“Yeah she is Sun. I met her yesterday and she join us at lunch.” Yuri is the one that answer her.

“What? wait a minute, how come she can join you guys?!” Sunny eyes become like a bug as she was surprise of the news.

“I don’t know whether she purposely came or it was really a coincidence but she suddenly appear at the restaurant.” Yuri explain.

“I can’t believe that Nana unnie dare to do all this. Are you sure you got the right person Yul oppa?” Seohyun that quiet since before finally talked.

“Yah, Seohyun-ah. You see the video just now right? even you’re the one that confirm that was her. How come you be like this now?” Hyoyeon said.

“Ani, it just… she’s not like this before. She was a kind hearted, soft person but she change…”

“She change, that’s it Seohyun-ah. That is why she dare to do this.” Yuri cut her off. Aish this maknae with her positive vibes.

“Ssshhh slow it down guys. Tiff might hear us.” Sunny warned them.

***

Tiffany went out from the room after heard people talking. Sunny and Seohyun was here but now they were gone. So now is the right time to find them while waiting for Taeyeon to awake. When she open the door, it reveals Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sunny and also Seohyun were sitting at the couch outside Taeyeon’s room.

“What are you guys doing outside? Why don’t you come in?” Tiffany said when she saw 4 of them outside.

“We don’t want to disturb him. Plus, he must want to see you when he awake later Tiffany.” Hyoyeon said and give out a smile to her.

“I’ll went in later to check on him unnie. For now, I want to find doctor that treat Taeng oppa before.” Seohyun stand let out a smile to Tiffany. She then makes her way to the hospital lobby.

“Have you call Taeng’s parents Tiff? They might want to know about this.” Sunny said as she didn’t see any sign on Taeyeon’s parents.

God. Tiffany almost forgot about them. She’s too worry about Taeyeon until she forgot to inform his family.

“I better make a phone call now. Till that, can you guys watch over Taeyeon?” Tiffany said.

“What are you talking about Tiff? of course! Now go and tell them about this okay?” Sunny stand and pat Tiffany’s back. She knows that Tiffany going through a lot today.

Not only Taeyeon’s parents, but Tiffany also call Jessica. At this time, Tiffany really need her best friend.

 

***

 

After 30 minutes calling, Taeyeon’s parents come along with Hayeon and Sarang. Taeyeon’s mother hugs Tiffany along with Hayeon.

Taeyeon’s father asked the cause and Hyoyeon cover it up by saying that Taeyeon being attacked by robbers. If he telling the truth, this case might become bigger. Plus, everyone knows who is Kim’s family, and he already can figure out what will happen if media and public knows about this. Let just say that we can’t believe every eyes in this hospital right now.

Taeyeon’s family then went in to see Taeyeon. Tiffany thanked Hyoyeon for covering her.

“It’s not a big deal Fany. I concern about my family too.”

***

  While Taeyeon’s family visiting Taeyeon, Jessica arrived and Tiffany quickly hug her. Jessica pat her back and saying that it’s okay. She knows what her best friend feels right now. So she quickly brought her to the side as she already saw tears formed in Tiffany’s eyes. Jessica calm her down and Tiffany started to tell her everything naturally. Now she knows what happen exactly.

“It always because of me. He did everything for me Jess.” Tiffany said between her sobbed.

“Sssh no Tiff. Taeyeon love you, that’s why he will do anything for you.” Jessica wipe the tears that flow on Tiffany’s cheek.

“But all he did hurt him back. He got hurt because of me Jessie.”  

“No, don’t say that Tiff.” With that, Jessica hug her and keep on making her calm.

***

Tiffany went back into Taeyeon’s room after his parents went home with Hayeon and Sarang. Sarang did leave her daddy a kiss on his cheek before she went home. Although she didn’t understand what happen to Taeyeon, but she knows that her daddy is sick. Also, Sarang did tell Tiffany something that anyone will never expect:

“Can mommy take care of daddy for Sarang? Sarang too small. Sarang can’t take care of daddy. ‘Pweash’?”

Tiffany that heard immediately bent down and caress Sarang’s cheek. Didn’t expect that little girl would say that thing to her. Tiffany smile to her while tears start to form again. This little girl really love her daddy so much.

“Of course I will baby.” Tiffany then kiss Sarang cheeks and also her forehead. Sarang that see tears on Tiffany’s cheek wipe it then kiss her. That adorable girl then hug her and bid a goodbye.

All people in Taeyeon’s room smile and feel touched by just looking at both interaction.

--

WHILE PEOPLE OUTSIDE

Jessica didn’t stay in Taeyeon’s room and just let Tiffany stay there as she doesn’t want to go home. So she wait outside with Hyoyeon, Sunny, Seohyun and along with Yuri.

Yuri knows Jessica is Tiffany’s best friend and of course they would share anything together. plus, he saw both of them sit at the corner, talking about something while Jessica hugging her.

“So Jessica-ssi. I’m sure Tiffany did tell you about what happen to her today. So mind to tell us?” Yuri suddenly blurt out those words. He didn’t care about anything else now.

“Yah Kwon Yuri, how can you just ask people like that?” Hyoyeon said to Yuri.

“Yul oppa, you shouldn’t ask like that…” Seohyun also surprised with Yuri’s action.

“I’m sorry but I need to know about this now.” Yuri said with serious tone.

“Jessica-ssi?” Yuri once again call her name as he didn’t see any respond to him.

Jessica knows that Taeyeon’s friend really protective towards him. And so do her. She then take a deep sigh and ready to answer Yuri’s question.

Jessica then tell them about what has Tiffany told her before from A-Z. Finish telling them all those things, its Jessica’s turn to asked them.

“Why did you asked me all of this? Don’t you trust what Tiff said?”

Yuri answer her “Ani, we did believe her but we just want to know whether she did tell you anything important. You know what I mean right? Sometimes we can express well with our best friend.”

Jessica nodded. “Yeah, I understand. It’s not wrong thing,”

“We afraid that this matter become bigger and will affect them later. That is why we want to solve all of this as soon as possible. Are you agree Jessica-ssi?” This time, Hyoyeon speak up. He now understand why did Yuri being like that just now.

“Of course I agree. And please, be comfortable with me. Just call me Jessica.” She actually glad that Taeyeon got friends like them. They treat Tiffany same as they treat Taeyeon. Jessica saw Sunny and Seohyun keep on sitting next to Tiffany and pat her back when Tiffany started to cry when see Taeyeon. the moral support that they give to her is uncountable.

All of them nodded at once, sign as they understand her.

“Did Tiffany suspect anyone Jess?” Sunny suddenly asked her. Well they’ve introduce themselves before but Jessica still feel awkward with Yuri because he keep on acting cold towards her. But opposite with Hyoyeon, he’s the one that still keep on using formality.

Jessica shook her head. But then Yuri asked her. well, yeah again…

“How about you? you’re her best friend, didn’t you suspect anyone?” Yuri asked Jessica with his flat tone and cold expression while he cross his arms on his chest.

“Uhm actually I did think of someone.”

“WHO?” all of them asked the same question in unison.

“I thought of a man, he’s Tiffany’s ex-boyfriend.” Jessica is kind hesitate to say it, but she keep go on when she think about her best friend.

“EX-BOYFRIEND?” Once again, they said in unison.

“But we can’t just suspect of a person, how about you guys? Don’t you think this thing happen related to Taeyeon’s side?” Jessica’s turn to ask. Well it’s not always been Tiffany.

“For us, we did have suspects and also have a prove.” Yuri answer her.

“Eh? Who?” Jessica feel confuse.

“TAEYEON’S EX-GIRLFRIEND.” They must have chemistry.

“Don’t forget the bar guy, Yul” Sunny remind Yuri about the other person.

“Ah yes. That guy.”

“What guy? I thought only Taeyeon’s ex-girlfriend?”

Yuri then showed the video that he took secretly to Jessica. She watch silently and when she have finish watch it, she pass back the phone to Yuri.

“That guy in the video…”

“Why? What’s wrong?” Hyoyeon asked her as he saw Jessica let out a suspicious expression.

“I know him. He’s Tiffany ex-boyfriend.” Jessica mutter the words.

“WHAT?!” all of them said at the same time.

“He works at my club. His name is Ni…” Hyoyeon want to explain in case of Jessica mistake but he got cut off.

“Nichkhun. Isn’t?” Jessica cut Hyoyeon off and answer it.

All of them nodded. Jessica smile, look like she got the right answer there.

“Oh my god. Ugh!” Seohyun massage her temple, her head feeling hurt when think about all of this.

“But the woman in the video, I can’t see her face clearly. Is she is Taeyeon’s ex-girlfriend?” She can’t see her face clearly because Nana wearing a hoodie and cover up her face with face mask.

“Yeah Im Nana.” Sunny reply her with a weak nod and small sigh.

“Im Nana? I don’t know any other Im Nana than the supermodel though.”

“You got the right person unnie.” Seohyun said.

“WHAT?!” this time, it’s Jessica’s turn to feel surprised. Didn’t believe what she saw as she already saw the good side of Nana. But then she thought of something.

“Guys… we got a big trouble here. Don’t all of you notice something?” Jessica said. That makes all of them feeling curious.

“What?” Sunny said.

“Their ex’s are working together now!” She explain to all of them that really look puzzled right now.

All of them look at each other. Now, they’re all understand.

“… this cannot be happen…” Sunny said.

“Damn it!” Hyoyeon then continue to curse.

“Oh man, ing hell! Big ing problems were coming!” Yuri scream out.