LXXVIII

The Ice Has Melted

The event end successfully. It end with taking a big family pictures which combined both of the family and another one is with their friends. Taeyeon escorted the elders went home first and come back again at the pool after that.

When he reached there, all of his friends were sitting at a table and they leave 1 sits empty which is for him. They were chatting among themselves as they can’t talk much when the elders there.

“Wohoo what’s all of you talking about? I can hear Hyo’s laugh from the lobby though. Hahaha.” Taeyeon said pull the chair and sit. He then kiss Tiffany’s temple. “You good baby?”

Tiffany smile and nod to him. Everyone there ‘woo’ them. Sunny take a sip of cocktail the said “Woo someone trying to be a good future husband here.” She smirk at Taeyeon.

All of them laughing with her statement. “Yah, I already be a good man for her. Didn’t I?” Taeyeon then turn to Tiffany. She nod to him “Of course you are Tae.” She then lean on his shoulder.

“Omo look at this couple! They’ve become cheesy day by day. Eeuw I can’t stand it!” Yuri said and close his eyes after that. Everyone laugh upon his action. Jessica pinch her boyfriend for being childish.

“Auch! It’s hurts Sica-yah. You’ve been pinching me ever since we’re here!” He whimper.

Jessica stare at him with her hawk eyes. “It’s because you’ve been making trouble since we’re here Yul.”

Yuri turn to her. “I’m not!”

The couple then continue bickering.

“Yes you are!”

“Yah what did I do?!”

“You ‘yah’ me?! You Kwon Yuri!”

Sunny stand up. “STOP WILL YOU?! BOTH OF YOU ARE CHILDISH! Why be in a relationship if you can’t handle a small things like this?” she shake her head and back to her seat. Sooyoung give her a glass of water to cool her down.

This time Taeyeon’s turn to speak. “Yah, you scared my child in there. Duh.”

Yuri brush back of his head and smile sheepishly. He feels ashamed of what has happen just now. He takes his girlfriend hands and kiss one of it. He feels sorry for being rude and childish to her. “I’m sorry Sica-yah.”

Jessica on the other side who hang her head down silent even after heard what Yuri said. She realise that she also wrong in this matter. Sunny was right. Both of them should be matured. “I’m sorry too Yul.” She hug him after that.

They were fine after that and Taeyeon start to dig up about the couple. “Yah Yul, how can you end up with her? Why I didn’t know?”

Hearing his words, Tiffany shock. “What? Wait, Tae I didn’t hear you wrong right? They’re together?”

Taeyeon give them sarcastic smile. “See? Even her best friend didn’t know about this. How could you guys. Pft.” Tiffany already crossed her arms and shoot her sharp eyes to Jessica. “Mind to explain it Jung Jessica?” she said.

They can see the fire in her eyes. Taeyeon himself never feel the fire in his girlfriend as she always be cheerful. Jessica also feel shocked as Tiffany rarely call her full name. And when she did, Jessica knows Tiffany really mad with her.

Yuri then explain everything to Taeyeon and Tiffany. The mommy-to-be still cross her arms and didn’t say a word to them. She still in Taeyeon’s arms as he try to comfort her. They’re messing with a pregnant woman though. Their feeling always mixed and sensitive.

“You owe me Jung Jessica. Huh.” Tiffany hide her face in Taeyeon’s arms after that.

“Oh come on Tiff, we’re fair isn’t? You also didn’t tell me when you’re with Taeng. R-right?” Jessica try to defend herself.

Tiffany just freeze herself in her fiancée arms, didn’t listen to her. Jessica cannot compare with her situation. It was happen very fast and she couldn’t do anything.

Taeyeon know he needs to do something as he can’t let these two bestfriend having a cold war. “Okay okay here let us settle this alright? We can’t have another fight here.”

They’re all agree with him and things get alright again. Hyoyeon take an initiative by change the topic with today’s event. Its getting better with Yuri join the topic and say on how nervous they are even though it was Taeyeon’s proposal. Tiffany starts to loosen up when she hear about the topic. She also has been curious about how Taeyeon manage to set everything up.

“Tell me Tae, how can you do it?”

Taeyeon then tells everything to clear things up.

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

Taeyeon was thinking about taking her as his wife when everything has settled. He has been thinking about it after they met again at Jeju Island. But the plan got delayed when they’re involve with their crazy ex. Taeyeon was determined to continue his plan on make Tiffany as his wife. He went to meet the elders including Tiffany’s father to discuss and ask for their opinion about it.

AT KIM’S MANSION

Taeyeon come after deal with his father to meet them after lunch. Tiffany’s father also come from Jeonju with Mark after being told about it. Taeyeon feels nervous but he must be strong with the decision he made. He didn’t want to be rude by proposing Tiffany without telling and asking for both of the families blessings. Well people said family blessing is everything.

“So Taeyeon, your father said you have an important thing to discuss. What is it?” Tiffany’s father start to speak up.

Taeyeon clear his throat and take a sip juice before speaks. “Um firstly, I’m sorry Mr. Hwang you’ve to…-” He didn’t get to finish his word as Tiffany’s father cut him off.

“Taeyeon… what did I tell you? Call me dad. You’ve already be my son.”

Taeyeon smile. “I’m sorry dad. I’m sorry for you to come here. I’m sorry I’ve trouble you a lot.” With that, Taeyeon stand up and bows to him. He feels guilty for making him to come until this far.

Mr. Hwang let out a fatherly smile. “It’s okay Taeyeon, plus I’m going to meet fruit supplier here. So why not? Now tell me what is it.”

Taeyeon’s father nod, agree with his best friend words.

Taeyeon take a deep breath. “The truth is, I want to take Tiffany as my wife.” Taeyeon stop for a while and take another deep breath before going to speak again.

Both of the elders surprise to hear his words. They were listen to him carefully. Taeyeon’s father occasionally winks at his best friend. They’ve been waiting for Taeyeon to take this step.

“So now, I want to ask for your permission and opinion about it. That’s it dad, appa.”

Both of the elders quiet and think for a while. “You’re not doing this because there’s something happen to Tiffany right Taeyeon?” his father said. He afraid that his son make a trouble.

Taeyeon knows what his mean. He explain to them.“No appa. I really want her to be my wife ever since before but there are a lot of things happen. But if there anything happen to her, I’ll still take the responsibility. I’ll accept her for how she are.”

Without let the elders talking, Taeyeon explain more. He wants to convince them and prove to them that he really true with his words. “Appa, dad. Tiffany still accept me even though she knows I have a child. She accept me with whole of her heart. Not only she love me, but she love my daughter, she love my family. Appa, you’ve test her. You should’ve known about this.”

“Please trust me dad. I really love her. Appa, please.” He said more.

Looking on how persistent he is, both of them nod and trust to his words. For Taeyeon’s father, he never saw his son really determined in love after experiencing a severe consequence in his first love and now he’s asking for a marriage.

“Taeyeon, I know you. I’ve see your kindness. Not only because you’re the son of my best friend, people around me also has convinced me about you. I trust you.” Tiffany’s father the turn to his best friend. “I think it’s time now Chul Soo-yah. I’m sure Taeyeon is not playing right now. What do you think?”

Taeyeon’s father think for a while. He speak up after few minutes. “After what has happen to you before, you’ve changed after met Tiffany. She managed to change you. I agree with you Min Joon-ah. Let’s make it real.”

Hearing their conversation, Taeyeon couldn’t hide his happiness. He smile widely and quickly stand up and went to hug both of them. He really feel thankful for the blessings given by them. The news then being told to Taeyeon’s mother and what feelings can she feel right after she knows about it? Of course she’s happy!

After discuss about the plan, they have decided that the wedding should be done in 4 months by now if there is nothing disturbed them. They also have to be prepared to face the reporters as they need to make a press conference about the news. Even though Taeyeon is not entertainer or celebrity, but he still a son of billionaire in Korea. Even the inheritance of their company will be a top story if it published on the newspaper.

Taeyeon told his parents and Tiffany’s father about his plan on proposing Tiffany since he got something in his mind. It was his first marriage and it will be his last. Taeyeon want to do the best for it. After what has happen and what Tiffany has been through, he’ll make it up through this.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“So you’ve met dad without I know before?” Tiffany ask after he told her the first part of the proposal event.

Taeyeon nod to her. “Y-yeah.”

Not only Tiffany, even the others didn’t know about it. So they listen to him carefully. “Whoa look at this brave man. If I were you, I think I’m going to stutter though. I mean it was a big thing.” Hyoyeon said.

The others nodded and Seohyun who is quiet since then suddenly speak up. “Taeng oppa did talk about this thing with me before though, but I never thought he would do it for it real.”

Sunny and the others surprise to hear that. “Did he? When?”

Seohyun try to remember about it for a while. “Hm… ah I remember it! It’s when he’s in recovery session after that accident. It was a sudden topic and oppa said he’ll get a mother for Sarang.”

“And now, you already got it Taeng. Right?” Hyoyeon said.

Taeyeon nod and smile to him. “Yeah, you’re right Hyo. There’s nothing more I can ask for.”

Tiffany who was listen to their conversation barged in with a new topic. She still curious on how did Taeyeon plan this kind of proposal. “But tae, I still want to know. How did you plan this? I mean this great event? I can’t even notice anything until I got the flowers and your notes.”

Already expect to get that question. Taeyeon smile and clear his throat before clear everything. “Okay, I don’t think on all of this at first. I just asking for their opinions and they start to give me many ideas. I really thanked them though.”

Tiffany surprised to know all of them are giving so much support to him. “Oh my. Really?”

“Um yeah.”

 

FLASHBACK

Taeyeon has been thinking all the plan and suggestion that has been given to him by his friends.

“Hyoyeon said it should be happy and energetic, Yuri said it should be chick and chill.” – Taeyeon

He sigh. Its good that they’re giving a lot of respond about it but it’s too many. How he want to handle it? Taeyeon knows when it’s about this, girls will always be the expert. Taeyeon ask his mother on how his father proposed her, but their marriage was arranged so there was no proposal event. Even none of his friends are married, so he didn’t know what else to do. He then got an idea. Every girls must talk about this thing with their best friend. Well it was a girl talk. So, the only person close with Tiffany is Jessica. Yes, that is the answer.

Taeyeon call Jessica and ask her for a meet. Jessica who was surprised with Taeyeon’s sudden call feels curious. They agree to meet at Taeyeon’s office later after Jessica finish met with her new client.

Being a lawyer, Jessica is punctual and arrived sharp at 2pm. When she was escorted to Taeyeon’s office, he already expect for her arrival and wait for her at the sofa.

“Hey you’ve come. Great I’ve been waiting for you though.” He said and look at his wrist watch.

Jessica do the same and look back up to him. “Yah, I’m not late okay?”

Seeing Jessica is shooting her cold gazes, Taeyeon feels scared somehow.“What? I didn’t said anything!”

She smirk. “Shut up. Now come on what do you want to talk about?” she said while making her way to the sofa.

Now Taeyeon can say what has been bothering him. “It’s about Tiffany. I want to propose her but… I don’t know how.”

Jessica laugh at him. “Yah you’re Kim Taeyeon! You survive a severe accident, fighting for your life. Look how great you are in protecting your girlfriend. Yet you’re saying you don’t know how to propose her? Hahaha! You’re funny Taeng.”

He sigh. Jessica was right. He may be great in those things, but he didn’t have any experience in proposing anyone. He don’t have any idea at all. “Yeah very funny. Heh.”

Looking at Taeyeon who is really didn’t have any idea about it, Jessica stop laughing. This man really needs a help right now. “Okay okay what can I do now?”

Now that she already stop laughing, Taeyeon can talk freely. “I’m thinking if both of you has t-talk about this. I mean… ugh! I don’t know how to say it!”

“Ho chill Taeng. Do you mean if Tiffany and I did talk about marriage before? Like that?” Jessica understand what he feels right now.

“Y-yeah something like that. I want to know if she did say about any dreams about her marriage or proposal.”

Jessica be quiet for a while. Try to remember if they ever have that kind of conversation. Few minutes of thinking, she then began to speak again. “I don’t remember when, but Tiff did said that she just want a simple marriage as she didn’t want to expect more. What more important for her is people around her happy and of course she tied the knots.”

Taeyeon silent after heard her answer. Tiffany said she just want a simple thing as she didn’t want to expect more. So, he was thinking since he afford to do more so why not he do something she would not expect. Taeyeon have something in his mind and point it out to Jessica. There’s few of it accepted and also there’s also has been rejected the replaced by something more suitable. Since she was Tiffany’s bestfriend, so she knows a lot about her taste and type. Their meeting ended successfully and Taeyeon can’t wait to prepare all of it. He inform it to his parents and Tiffany’s father then. They’re all agree and accept the plan. Same goes to his friends. Instead of agree with it, they also offer a hand to help him in preparing it.

Jessica told Taeyeon about the type of dress Tiffany will like and also Seohyun suggested the best beauty centre for Tiffany. As for the place, Hyoyeon suggest the open pool because they will hit up some music and didn’t want to disturb others. They can’t do it in his club as its not suitable for Sarang and the elders. So Yuri found a good place for it. The idea on record a video was planned by Sunny. It was a combination of fairytale, family bonding and creating the happiest memory that day. Tiffany will be treated as a princess and escorted by security. Every of them giving their ideas and combined it to be a great plan.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“Oh my… that is how it was planned? Tae… you’re amazing. Really.” Tiffany said and kiss his right cheek. Her fiancée were so determine about it.

But she didn’t forget about the others. “And of course thank you to all of you. You guys have done a great job in planning this and make it real. I love it, really. Thank you!”

Hyoyeon stand and shout to them. “Let’s do a group hug!”

They’re all stand up and be in circle. The 9 of them hug each other. Even there’s some of them that new in the group, but cooperation made all of them be one. They depend on each other and never left anyone behind. Their night end with a they flashback many memories.

--

The wedding of Taeyeon and Tiffany which is as been planned to be in 4 months being dragged to 2 months early. It was because of Tiffany’s pregnancy. The wedding preparations were taken care by both of the families while also got help by their friends. For the couple, they have to do a press conference to clear up rumours regarding their marriage and also to spread the happy news to the public. After what has happen, Taeyeon never step out to claim anything and just ask Mr. Yoon to speak up for him. But today, he’s the one come and met the reporters and willing to answer all the questions no matter it was a regarding the marriage or gossip. Taeyeon even asked Tiffany to be with him and show her to public.

 


Pardon all my grammar mistakes!

So... um I think all of you can hope for an ending soon. keep reading!

Stay tuned! xx