XXVI

The Ice Has Melted

THAT NIGHT AT THE KIM’S MANSION

Taeyeon already shower and changed into a t-shirt and baggy pants. So do his daughter, Sarang. They spend a lot of times in shower just now because Sarang played in there. Taeyeon don’t know why, but that little girl really loves playing in the water. Sarang didn’t afraid of water. Unlike other kids, Sarang once stated that she want to learn how to swim. It really surprised Taeyeon and the other family members. Sarang is not like other kids, she is not normal. She has a heart problem which is arrhythmias. Arrhythmias is any change in the regular, even rhythm of the heartbeat. In simple meaning, her heart might beat too fast or too slow, or it might skip a beat or have extra beats. That is why Taeyeon really aware of all Sarang’s activity. Taeyon has been told by doctor that it has many possibilities why Sarang can be suffered from this disease. They can be caused by several things, but also can occur for no apparent reason. Arrhythmias can be con (meaning kids are born with it), sometimes due to a birth defect of the heart but sometimes even when the heart has formed normally. Other causes of arrhythmias in kids include chemical imbalances in the blood, infections, or other diseases that cause irritation or inflammation of the heart, medications (prescription or over-the-counter), and injuries to the heart from chest trauma or heart surgery. Other factors (such as illegal drugs, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, stress, and some herbal remedies) also can cause arrhythmias. Taeyeon thought that maybe one of the factor Sarang can be infected is because the alcohol. Sarang’s mother likes to drink. Almost everyday. No scratch that. It’s actually almost every single time she drinking. She can’t live a day without drinking. Her bad habit bring harm to her child. Poor that little girl.

Taeyeon and Sarang going downstairs together. Sarang, who is extra happy today running towards the stairs while Taeyeon running after her, afraid that Sarang might fall on the stairs. Plus her heart condition is not good, so she often have a chest pain. That is what Taeyeon most worried about her daughter. Taeyeon successfully grabbed Sarang’s hand and lift her up while the little one giggling happily.

“Daddy put me down!” Sarang said while hit her daddy shoulder.

“Ah ah ah, no. I won’t put you down or not you’ll running here and there.” Taeyeon shake his head and pinched the girl’s nose. He didn’t let her down and just walked down the stairs went to the dining room. While going to dining room, both of them teased each other. There is a time Sarang will laugh because being tickled by Taeyeon.

At the room, everyone is already there. Well their family is not so big. The big dining table only have Taeyeon’s father, mother and Hayeon. Yeah and plus both of them too. All of them looking at Taeyeon and Sarang then smile. They never thought can see Taeyeon smile this wide after he had a serious depression before this. Sarang appearance in their family was really  a blessed.

Taeyeon sit on the chair beside his father who sit at the center of the table. Sarang sit on the stool that have been put beside Taeyeon. Since she is still a toddler and can’t reach the table, stool is the only chair she can sit on when they’re having dinner. The begin the dinner when Taeyeon’s father start to eat. The silent being cut off by Taeyeon’s father.

“Taeyeon, I heard you be a model again. Is it true?” Taeyeon chokes upon hearing his father sudden question.

“Huh? Ah no dad. I’m just helping them since there is emergency thing happen. I’m not going to be model again dad.” He explained.

Taeyeon’s father just nodded and smile looking at his son chokes then explained to him.

“You know Taeyeon, everybody in the office has been talking about you in these past few days. The new collection too has been top chart again. I think it’s because of you.” His father .

“Aish dad, let just not talk about me. Plus, it just a coincidence.” Taeyeon knew that this topic will come out sooner or later. He knows this topic had already spread to the main office because he was told by other board director that their stocks price increase after releasing the new collection. They assumed Taeyeon was one of the factor because he became a hot topic that day and appear as a main cover in a fashion magazine.

“Wuu oppa getting popular these days” Hayeon that didn’t say anything since beginning brother.

Taeyeon give Hayeon a glare. He knows that she purposely . They always arguing over little things even though they’re already grown up. At the end, they always end up reconcile. That is their sibling’s relationship, always quarrelling but at the end they’re always back to normal. Hayeon always seek opinion from her brother about something. And Taeyeon surprisingly can give his sister good advice and opinion. Well not all siblings have this kind of relationship among them. Plus, they’re not same gender, it supposed to be a bit hard to copped with. I mean when they have problem that more suitable to shared with people with same gender. But not Hayeon and Taeyeon. They can share everything together. For Hayeon, Taeyeon is the best brother she ever had. He can be a best friend who is a good listener and also a brother who can always lead her.

“I’m not getting popular. It’s the press who like to find cheap stories.” Taeyeon replied back.

“What cheap stories? A CEO being a model is a cheap stories? Ohmygod oppa. It’s a rare news oppa. You can be popular!” Hayeon said excitedly while eat a spoonful of mushroom soup. She then continued.

“Can you imagine oppa? A CEO be a model of his own company product. I mean look at you now, even you just ‘help’ them, but your company stocks already increase. You know what is that mean? That’s mean, they’re interested with you! Maybe you can marry a supermodel one day? Then Sarang can..-“

“Hayeon.” She has been cut off by their mother. She know what will Hayeon said later. Before she said more, she better being stop.

Taeyeon who just look at Hayeon give a small smile while feeding Sarang. He understand all of that. He thanked their mother for stopped her. he just don’t want Sarang to asked too many question later. He has explained before, but he didn’t want Sarang to remember all of those thing. It will be a bad life starter for her.

With that, they stopped the conversation. Hayeon be silent and Taeyeon keep feeding Sarang. While their parents chat among themselves, talking about their relatives and some company matter. It’s true that Taeyeon’s mother was a housewife but she always care about his husband work.

Finish eating their dinner, Taeyeon lead Sarang to her room. it’s time for her to take her medicine and go to sleep. She have to rest after being so active today. Taeyeon still didn’t say a single word to Hayeon. He didn’t get mad with her. Somehow, what she said was true. Sarang really need a mother. Not just a mother but a good mother to take care of her. He can’t be both, mother and father at the same. Plus, it will not be the same.

He let Sarang sleep first. He then went out from her room and go downstairs. He bumped into Hayeon who coincidentally want to go upstairs. Hayeon look at her brother then said:

“I’m sorry oppa. Are you mad?” Taeyeon stopped when heard her sister spoke.

“Huh? Who said I mad? Actually what did you say was true. She needs a mother.”

“But oppa, I thought you don’t want to..”

“I can’t be selfish. Sarang is my first priority right now. I’ll do anything to give her a perfect life.”

“Do what do you think right oppa. You know that I always support you right.”

Taeeyeon just nodded and want to continue his step, but then Hayeon asked him.

“Are you going somewhere oppa?” he didn’t bother to reply so he nodded.

“Where to?”

“To find a perfect mother and wife for me and Sarang. Bye sister!” He winked at Hayeon and left her at the stairs.

He get out and make his way to the car. There is only 1 place he wants to go now.

It’s Hospital.


sorry for the short update! i just want to try update it everyday ><