XVIII

The Ice Has Melted

Both of them were quiet and didn’t said anything. Their quietness being accompanied by the songs from radio. But the weird thing is, all the songs being played were love songs. Taeyeon, who was driving feel awkward with the situation. He really tried to ignored the feeling. He tapped the steering few times. But look like he is the only one that feel the awkward situation as Tiffany didn’t respond to anything. She just looked out of the window.

“Aish what kind of song is this? Stupid DJ!” Taeyeon talk to himself. Tiffany still looking outside ignored the guy.

The car moved along the straight road and arrived at a junction. The traffic light change it color to red. Taeyeon the stopped the car. And wait for the green light. There’s a time when he will look outside, try to distract himself. He has to make a turn after this, that is what Tiffany told him before she continue to keep quiet.

While Tiffany, still can’t absorb the incident happen just now. She never thought that she will met the person she hate the most. From all places in the world, why must she met him here? In Korea, where she lives now. She thought that she can leave all the pain that she had in LA but unfortunately, she can’t run from her bad memories. Why must she be reminded to person that have hurt her? While she still thinking about the incident, suddenly all the memories started to flashback in her mind. It not just memories, but it’s bad memories. It really bad until Tiffany will feel hurt whenever she thinking about it. The happiness that she shared in 2 months was when they held hand in college and makes other students envious of them, she can proudly show off her boyfriend. Well who was not envious when you got to be a girlfriend to a rich boy, yet one of the hot guy in college. But what makes she more guilty is, she dare to lie to her father just because want to meet that guy. She even sneaked out from the house at night. Not to tell her first kiss also was stolen by that guy. She really regrets for what she’d have done. She was blinded by love. Yes, first love is not always the best for you. They’re just exist because want to give you an experience. Noted that.

The traffic light turned to a green light. Taeyeon make a turn and going into a residential area. There are so many house there, so he didn’t know which one is Tiffany’s house. He keeps going straight but not speeding as he don’t know where he’s going. Make the turn is the last Tiffany’s guide to him. After that, she keeps silent. Taeyeon waiting for Tiffany’s next direction, but the girl looks like she drifted looking outside.

Give up in waiting, he then stopped the car at the roadside. He pulled the handbrake and turn his head to the girl. He sees the girl’s face from the side.  He can see her flawless face, her red shining hair with her bang cover her eyes and his eyes brought to her pink lips.

Tiffany on the other side who was getting flashback by her bad memories suddenly feel weird as she see the thing outside stop moving. At last she finally realized that the car has stopped. She look outside to see the surroundings. This is not her neighborhood. Because of Taeyeon’s car window is tinted, she can see and Taeyeon’s reflection on the window.

“Why did you stop here? This is not my house.”  She turn her head and asked him.

“Huh? Ah about that. I didn’t know which one is your house. I’m waiting for your guide, but all you do is looking outside. So I stopped the car. I didn’t want to drive without knowing where I go.” Taeyeon actually have been caught by staring at the girl. He then tried to cover up by giving those excuses. Nice one Kim Taeyeon, nice. *author smirk

“Um just go straight, my house is in a few more blocks.” Tiffany said then turn her head back, looking out the window. This time, she really embarrassed for what she have done. Duh what’s wrong with me!

Taeyeon pulled down the handbrake and begin to drive again. He drove along the straight road. He passed through terrace house, he finally stopped when the girl asked him to stopped. She said that she live at an apartment so she can walked into the building by herself. Tiffany don’t want to trouble him again. That’s why she offered herself to walk to the building. But Taeyeon against it. He insisted to drive into the building. He knows that the apartment has security and so on, but still he didn’t want Tiffany to walk by herself. It dangerous. Plus, it already late night. So he ignored Tiffany and began to drive into the building after stopped at the roadside. He then parked his car at the basement and turn off the engine. Tiffany on the other side unlock her door and get out from the car. She wanted to thanked Taeyeon, but when she bent down she saw the passenger seat already empty. She lift up her head and see the driver already close the door.

“Let’s go” Taeyeon said.

“Where do you want to go?” Tiffany asked with a confused tone while close the car door.

“To your house of course” Taeyeon answered bluntly. Seeing Tiffany already close the door, he then lock the car. He walked towards the young girl.

“What?” She surprised with Taeyeon’s slumber answer. Her eyes turn wide.

What? Did I say something wrong? Why did her eyes turn wide? That is what in Taeyeon’s head. He then realized the situation.

“No. I mean, I’ve already promised to bring you home safely. So here I am, fulfilling my promise.”  He explains to the girl.

“You don’t have to do it. Here is enough. You’ve done so much.”

Taeyeon didn’t talk back, he just walks towards the elevator and push the button. Tiffany followed him and wait the elevator. When the elevator opening its door, both of them went into it and Tiffany push the 11th floor button. They wait for the elevator to stopped. Less than 5 minutes, it finally stop. They get out and this time Taeyeon who’s the one followed Tiffany’s back. They passed a few doors then Tiffany stopped her step and turn to Taeyeon.

“Now what? You want to follow me into the house?” She said.

“Huh? Ah no. I just want you to get in safely. Till here, bye!” Taeyeon did not realize that they had arrived at her house. He then takes a step back and turn his body to make his way to the elevator. Just then he heard Tiffany called him. He stopped his move but didn’t turn his head.

“Wait!”

“Thank you so much for saving me and send me home. I feel doubted towards you. I don’t know how I can repay this. Thank you for everything, Mr. Nobody” Tiffany said sincerely.

Taeyeon just smile when he heard the girl thanked him. He can feel the sincerity in the girl’s word. Without turning his back, he then said:

“You better go in and rest. Who knows I’ll come to your office tomorrow to redeem my rewards. Hahaha!”

“What? Yah!”

Taeyeon ignored the girl and continue to get into the elevator as he already pushed the button earlier. He gets into the car and drive out from the building. As he passed the security post, he drives to the main road. He just went into the straight road when suddenly he saw a pharmacy. He remembered the girl. Does she have any medicine? Will she be okay tomorrow? The thought keep coming to his mind. He then drives the car to the roadside and stopped it. Turn the engine off, he then makes his way to the pharmacy. After taking a prescription from the pharmacist, Taeyeon then paid for the remedies and get back to his car. He began to drive again. Instead of going straight, he turned back and drive to the girl’s apartment building. Driving back to the basement parking lot and take the elevator to the 11th floor. He then arrived at the girl’s house. He didn’t want to disturb her again. So he took out a piece of paper from his pocket and a pen. Then he wrote something on it. After that, he put the plastic bag containing the remedies and put it in front of her door. The note has been putted in the plastic bag after he finished writing. He pressed the doorbell then walked away to the elevator. Now he can gladly drive to his home without worrying about the girl.


While Tiffany going straight to shower after get into her house. She put her things on the bed then began to undressing herself. She purposely standing in front of the mirror so she can see her back. She can see her back has a bluish bruise and her waist is really hurt. Tiffany grabbed her towel when suddenly her back hit the towel hanger. It really hurt until a tear form in her eyes. She didn’t know why, but her back feel like something fragile now. She can’t hit something or she’ll feel hurt so much. Tiffany then went to shower and relaxed herself in the bath tub with warm water. She really feels tired and want to sleep. So she gets out from the bath tub after 15 minutes immersed herself in the warm water.

Done putting on her night pajama, she then heard her doorbell ringing. She thinking who would come to her house in this late night. She looked at the security camera have been placed in front of her door. No one was there. But she really curious, she heard someone ring her doorbell. So she opened the door and discover a plastic bag. Although there’s fear, but she still braves herself to pick the plastic bag. She opened it and saw any kinds of remedies also there is a notes in there. She brings the plastic inside and close the door. She keeps rummaging the remedies inside the plastic bag while make her way and sit on her couch. The note inside the plastic have been put out by her. She then read the notes.

 

I choose the best among the best ((with the pharmacist guide of course))

So you must eat and use it well. Then I can redeem my rewards!

 

She read the notes with a smile on her face. This guy is really something. He can act ‘cold’ but at the same time he also can be ‘cool’. She put the plastic on the coffee table and went to the kitchen. She sits back on the couch with a glass of water. She takes a look at the remedies and found what she need right now. A painkiller. She took a pill and put into then swallow it with the help of water. There is also pain relief patch in the plastic bag, so she took it and paste it on her back. She then went to her bedroom to get sleep.

 

At the same time, Taeyeon who has already arrived his home threw himself on the bed after showering. He didn’t think much. He just hopes the girl will be okay by tomorrow. He also will check on her tomorrow morning, or he’ll asked Sunny to give her MC tomorrow if she doesn’t recover. Yeah since she didn’t know who he really is. So let’s used Sunny as the third-person for a while. How long will he keep this from her? He also doesn’t know about that. Maybe soon? Or later? Well, depend on the situation. He also didn’t want to keep about his position from the girl for too long. Afraid there might be unwanted things happen. Wait, why did he think about that? There is nothing between them, plus they also didn’t know each other. Involve in an accident, become worker in his company, then he saves her from an unknown guy. That’s all coincidence. Possibilities for them to have something is 0%. In your dream Kim Taeyeon! He then cut off his imagination and pull the blanket up to his chest and sleep. A busy day is waiting for him tomorrow.   

 


OMO. caring tae is here! He'll started to open up bit by bit. Who is Tiffany's ex? What he's doing in Korea? Wait for next chapter! My story maybe not good as others, but I'll try to make it best as I can :)

oh yeah i'm back guys! look like its been only few days isn't? my mom bought me a new laptop as soon as she knew my old one is "damaged" already. hahahah. sorry i didn't update it using my phone, it really uncomfortable and also i can't get any idea to develop my story. hihihihi ><. *Pardon for all the grammar mistakes and spelling mistakes.