VIII

The Ice Has Melted

MEANWHILE IIN THE CAR

 

“How this can happen Mr Kim?” Mr Yoon asked in a worry tone.

Taeyeon who is reading something from his phone turn his head facing Mr Yoon when the older man asked him.

“Oh come on Mr Yoon, we’re in the car. No need to be formal with me. I’m the one who suppose to be formal with you.”

This is Kim Taeyeon. Despite his strict attitude in office, he still respect elders. Beside, Mr Yoon has been worked for them since his grandfather first started the company. Mr yoon just like his second father. Always willing to hear his story and give words that can soathe Taeyeon’s heart. Mr Yoon is the one that can understand him beside his mom and friends. When there is time Tayeon can’t cooped with his father, Mr Yoon will be there for him. Taeyeon does not want Mr Yoon to use formal language with him when they’re not in office. He will feel bad when everytime Mr Yoon approached him with tittle ‘Mr Kim’. Truthfully, he feel uncomfortable but that is company protocol. He can’t against it.

“Its her fault. She didn’t drive carefully and broke the traffic rules. Such a bad driver. I wonder where did she get her driving liscense. Huh! Hit my precious car, and she’ll get it from me!” Taeyeon complain to Mr Yoon.

“Taeyeon, its true it was her fault but never do something bad towards her okay? She still a woman after all. I’m sure she didn’t mean it. If she really a bad person, she will just leave you and didn’t even bother to wait until the tow truck arrived.”  Mr Yoon replied with a warm tone.

“Yeah after being forced to.” Taeyeon answered.

Mr Yoon then give him a warm smile and just shook his head upon hearing Taeyeon’s answer.

They didn’t say a word after that until they arrive at a big twin tower building that placed Taeyeon’s office. Taeyeon’s office is at the second tower of the building which is at the top floor. The car stopped at the main entrance of the building and Taeyeon get out from the car.

“Thank you Mr Yoon. I’ll see you at the office later.” Taeyeon said with a smile. The older man just nodded and drive his car away.

Taeyeon then walked into the building and head to the elevator. He pushed the ‘18’ button as its the top floor of the company. He waited patiently for the elevator to stopped at the top floor.

“Diing” The elevator stopped at the 18th floor. Taeyeon get out from the elevator and walked into his main door. He then greeted by the receptionist, Park Jiyeon.

“Good morning Mr Kim.” She said with a smile.

“Good morning Park Jiyeon-ssi.” Taeyeon replied with a slight smile.

He then make his way towards his office but then, he saw an unpleasant view. He saw a bunch of his workers busy gossiping with each other. There also a workers who played with their phone and chatting. His anger automatically raised up.

“DID I PAY YOUR SALARY SO THAT I CAN SEE ALL OF YOU DO ALL OF THIS WHEN I’M GONE?!” He yelled.

Everyone startled and they began to go back their places, bow and saying sorry to Taeyeon.

“THAT IS ALL OF YOU CAN DO! ANOTHER STUPID SORRY AFTER DID A MISTAKES! DON’T YOU HAVE WORK TO DO?!” He yelled again. he then pointed his index finger to one of his female employee who still stand frozen.

“YOU! YOU DON’T EVEN SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN TO ME YET AND NOW YOU’RE THERE GOSSIPING WITH THEM?! DO YOU THINK YOUR WORK IS PERFECT ENOUGH?! COME AND SEE ME IN MY ROOM. BRING ALONG YOUR DESIGN. NOW!” He yelled again. The female employee then clumsily take her sketch file and tailed Taeyeon to his office.

Everybody in that office hate it when Taeyeon got angry and started to yell at everyone. As they know, Taeyeon is a perfectionist. He hate seeing his worker played when there is plenty of works to do. He doesn’t get mad if everybody doing their job well.

Sunny, in the other room being disturbed by the sudden yelled. She already know the owner of the voice.

“Here he comes” She said to herself. She then get up from her seat and make her way out from her room. She then saw Taeyeon walked furiously with a female employee behind him to his room.

“Taeyeon why did you--” She’s been cut off by Taeyeon’s word.

“Shut up Sunny. Don’t say any word to me.”

Sunny can’t say anything to Taeyeon when he’s mad. She knows that Taeyeon have his own reason for being mad.  Sunny just see Taeyeon enter his office. She don’t know what will happen to the female worker.

Taeyeon enter his room madly. He throw his clutch on the table and sit on his chair.

“Where is you design?” He asked strictly.

“He-he-here Mr Kim.” The female worker stutter while put her sketch file on Taeyeon’s table.

Taeyeon grabbed the file and began to check the design. He checked the design throughly one by one and write anything that he think not suitable with the sketches. His face expression is negative. He then closed the sketch file and asked the female worker.

“Did you know that we’re going to used this design for summer season?” He said with a cold tone.

“Ye-yes Mr Kim” She answered.

“Then why did you suggest us to use polyester fabrics for this summer blouse?” He asked while stare at the girl.

“Because polyester fabric are stain resistant and hide all the sweat marks, Mr Kim.” The girl answer flatly.

“But it is a non-breathable fabric Seungyeon-ssi. I think you know about this since you are a designer.” Taeyeon bombed her.

“I know Mr Kim, but I’ll blend it with natural fibers. It will lessen the chances for someone from sweating.” The girl then answered confidently.

“But still it is a synthetic polymer that does not absorb sweat and would make you immediately sweaty when you wear an outfit in polyester. Fine, even if you want blend it with natural fibers. Like what? Cotton, china silk? But they aren’t friendly fabric for hot summer. And, polyester fabric maybe can hide all the sweat marks but don’t you know it is called the durable and water-repellent fabric. You’ll enjoy your summer but will hold all your sweat and cause you discomfort, and that is a last thing you want on a scorching sunny day  Seungyeon-ssi! Do a research before designing something!.” Taeyeon yelled make the younger girl startled.

“And here take your stupid sketch and come back when you really have something worth it for me! I don’t need a rubbish and pathetic design!.” He throw the sketch file to the floor.

The girl take the file that already lying on the ground and make her way out of Taeyeon’s room while crying.

Taeyeon didn’t know that there is someone witnessing the scene just now. The witness can hear clearly what did Taeyeon said. Yes can’t be judged, all he said was right after all. But what is the witness worry now is her new boss's attitude. Will she end up be like the girl too?

And here she is, Tiffany Hwang reporting for her first day working at Sonexclusive as a fashion designer. 

 


What will happen to Tiffany on her first day of work? Will she meet Taeyeon and they'll keep fighting? Stay tuned! ;) Keep reading! xD