XXXIII

The Ice Has Melted

“Hey guys. Wha-what are you guys doing here?” Look at this guy. The one who asked Tiffany to act like usual and stay cool now stutter. Tiffany glare at Taeyeon. She kicks Taeyeon’s leg under the table. It really pain but he can’t scream now. Taeyeon’s face turned red because endures the pain. Luckily their table were covered, so his friend didn’t saw what happen under the table.

“Huh what question you asked here Taeng? To have lunch of course. Who are you lunch with by the way?” Sunny asked him. All three of them still stand there and they didn’t noticed Tiffany. Well yet.

Dang! That question! Get ready Kim Taeyeon. If there was only Sunny there, it might be easier for him. But the thing now is, there is Hyoyeon and Yuri too.

Both Taeyeon and Tiffany now stare at each other. Taeyeon gather his courage to answer Sunny’s question. He knows that he’ll be bombed with many question later. Taeyeon coughed to avoid him being stutter.

“I’m having lunch with Tiffany.” That’s it. Tiffany carved a smile then turn to them.

Three of them surprised seeing Taeyeon with Tiffany. They thought he’s having lunch with client or maybe some of his friend. But the plot was twisted. Taeyeon never have any contact with his worker when they’re out of office. In fact, he’s not that friendly to his workers until he treat them lunch. He did treat them but just a common food that they order at the office and not proper lunch like this.

“Oh Tiffany! What a surprise! Sorry I didn’t notice you.” Sunny greet her cheerfully. Tiffany just replied her with a small laugh. She didn’t know what to answer. She afraid she might messed up the situation if she open . So it’s better for her to just speak up when is needed.

“She’s not your client right Taeng?” Hyoyeon who is just watch them speak suddenly.

Taeyeon shook his head. It’s true though, he can’t lie.

“So that’s mean we can join you right?”

“Yeah” Taeyeon answer quickly. He didn’t hear what Hyo said clearly. Wait. What did he said?

“Wait, what?” Three of them already pull out the chair, ready to sit while Taeyeon just catch up what Hyo said just now. You really make a big mistakes Kim Taeyeon. Taeyeon’s face look panic right now.

“Huh what’s wrong Taeng? I’m sure Tiffany-ssi won’t mind. Right Tiffany-ssi?” Since the number of people now increased, they changed to bigger table. The position now is Taeyeon sit opposite Tiffany so he can faced her, Sunny sit beside Taeyeon while Hyo choose to sit at the head of the table and lastly Yuri who sit beside Tiffany.

“Ah aniyo, I didn’t mind at all. I’m sure it will be more fun if all of you join us.” She let out an eye smile.

Taeyeon and Yuri still feel a little bit awkward after the fight. Neither Sunny nor Hyo knows about their fight. Yuri didn’t talk much at first but he keep steal a glance at Tiffany. Taeyeon saw that and he feel distracted. He can’t stand see Yuri looking at Tiffany, so he keep talking to Sunny and Hyo to make him erase that feeling. 3 of them has finish ordering their food. So, while waiting for food, they had a small talk.

“So Taeng, why did you suddenly went out with her?” Sunny asked him. Her eyes pointed at Tiffany. She has been curious with Taeyeon. Not only her, even the 2 more feel something not right with him. But the way she asked him a bit inappropriate.

“I just want to treat her since I didn’t get to welcomed her properly last time and also because of our new collection that be a big hit. You know that right, Sun?” Taeyeon answered confidently. This time, he didn’t stutter. 3 of them nodded hearing Taeyeon’s answer.

“Yah Sunny, you can’t just ask bluntly like that. It’s not like Taeng can’t go out with anyone. Can’t you see she still here? Now look what you’ve done. Omo forgive this little petite here Tiffany-ssi.” Hyo speak casually and then laughed. He noticed Tiffany being quiet since they changing table like few minutes ago. Look like she’s uncomfortable. He hate a cold situation, so he want to light up little bit.

Tiffany look up. She really didn’t mind at all. She keep quiet because the conversation doesn’t need her to speak up. Plus, the question is not for her. It’s for Taeyeon. But the question is little bit bothering her. Why did Sunny suddenly asked him like that? Did he never went out with other woman before or what?

“Ah no it’s okay. Don’t bother me. I’m fine.” Tiffany let out a smile and bow her head little bit.

“Whoopsie. Sorry.” Sunny cover . Tiffany just wave her hand signed as ‘its okay’ to her.

Sunny uncover back and then remember something.

“Ah! We didn’t introduce them yet right? Yah Taengo, why didn’t you tell me? Aish!” Sunny hit Taeyeon’s arm. Taeyeon who was sitting silently flinched of her action.

“Auch! Yah Lee Sunkyu! Me too forget about it!.” The other 3 person laughed looking at Taeyeon and Sunny. Tiffany too, she never see both of them interact like this at office. Usually they’ll just acted normal and talked about office matter.

“Don’t mention that name you, Kim Taeyeon!” Sunny stare at Taeyeon. Taeyeon didn’t give up, he too stare at her and hit her forehead as a revenged she hit his arm just now.

“Enough you two. Just when will you grow up? Stop it.” Yuri who is keep silent now speak up. He said it in a serious tone. Actually he is pissed off with Taeyeon. He know Taeyeon so well. He would not go out with just a woman. In fact, he never went out with any other woman since his last relationship. Yuri has been thinking about this since the last incident at the hospital. He wonder why Taeyeon being so protective towards Tiffany. A boss care about his worker until dare to have a fight with his best friend? And now he’s going out with her? Is this include in ‘care about his worker’ too? Wait, or he perhaps, likes Tiffany too?

“NO WAY!” Yuri screamed in his mind.

“Look who’s talking. Chill Yul. Why so serious?” Sunny said. She and Taeyeon already stop their ‘little fight’ after heard Yuri speak.

“What’s wrong with him? Having PMS? Hahahaha!” Taeyeon joking. Hyoyeon and Sunny. Tiffany too laugh to Taeyeon’s jokes.

“Alright alright stop right there fellas. We had enough jokes here. I can’t take it anymore. Hahaha.” Hyoyeon said between his laugh.

All of them didn’t bother Yuri’s swing mood. They just stop laughing. Sunny wipes her tear that formed from laughing too hard due Taeyeon’s jokes.

“By the way, this is Kim Hyoyeon. Taeyeon’s cousin.” Hyo offer his hand to have a hand shake with Tiffany. They then shake hand.

“While this is Kwon Yuri…” Sunny didn’t get to finish her word, Tiffany cut her off.

“Mr. Kim best friend. Right?” Hyoyeon and Sunny widen their eyes. While Taeyeon and Yuri just remain calm. How come Tiffany know about this?

“Oh how do you know?” Hyoyeon asked her.

With that, Taeyeon tell Hyo and Sunny story about how he met Tiffany, and also how Yuri being introduced to Tiffany. Both Hyo and Sunny focused in hearing Taeyeon’s story. There is some time they’ll nodded and answer “O”. Sunny hit Taeyeon for not telling her about Tiffany. They’re in the same office after all. Also Hyoyeon, who congratulated Tiffany on her achievement. They then keep chatting until their food arrived.

Taeyeon and Tiffany had ordered sushi platter before the 3 of them arrived. They agree to share it because want to avoid heavy food. While Hyoyeon, Sunny and Yuri choose different menus for their own. They keep quiet and started to eat. Taeyeon keep asking Tiffany to eat a lot and don’t be shy. Tiffany now feel comfortable with them. It’s all with Taeyeon help and also his friend who is being friendly with her. In their happy lunch, there is someone who doesn’t happy when look at Taeyeon’s interaction with Tiffany. Come on, of course it Yuri. He want to approached Tiffany but always being disturbed by others. This time, he won’t be disturbed again.

“Do you want to try my dish Tiffany?” Here is Yuri’s first move. Yuri, who ordered a Japanese hamburg steak offer it to Tiffany.  While everyone is busy eating, there is someone who looking at both Yuri and Tiffany.

Tiffany turn her head to see Yuri. She smile and shook her head. Tiffany feel awkward with Yuri’s sudden offer. Even though Tiffany has met Yuri before and he did make her comfortable but today he’s different.  He didn’t talk much, sensitive over small thing and he being serious all the time today. Then now he’s offering his food to her? It did look delicious but Tiffany reject it.

Yuri was taken aback when Tiffany reject his offer. But it’s okay he’ll try again.

“You really have to try it Tiffany. This restaurant served the best hamburg steak ever!” Yuri said excitedly. He began to cut the steak to give it to Tiffany.

“But…-” Tiffany want to declined his offer again but suddenly something cut her off.

PAP!

Taeyeon slamming his chopsticks on the table. Sunny and Hyoyeon stop eating and now look at him. Even people at the next table now looking at them because of the sound of the chopstick. Taeyeon have been watching Yuri since the beginning. Yuri really make him annoyed. First, he with his swing mood and now kind of forcing her to give a taste of his food. Taeyeon knows Tiffany now feel uncomfortable. Yuri too, if she doesn’t want then stop it. Doesn’t need to offer her again.

“Let her eat what she want to eat. She can choose what she wants Yul. No need to offer her twice if she already reject once.” Taeyeon said strictly. His expression already changed and he stare right into Yuri’s eyes as a signal to asked him to stop.

“What’s wrong with you guys? Taeng? Yul?” Sunny asked them. She already smell something fishy between them since they joined Taeyeon and Tiffany for lunch. For Yuri, he doesn’t look happy as he always be. Like there is something bothering him or make him upset. His mood also unstable today. While Taeyeon like usual, always making fun of Yuri but his jokes today is kinda ‘strong’.

“Hm? Ah nothing. I just don’t want her to be uncomfortable because this guy here keeps offering her food that she didn’t want. Plus, it annoyed me.” Taeyeon explained. This time he’s using a normal tone. Yuri be silent again. He try to be normal as best as he can. The situation is not tense, thank goodness Sunny and Hyo was there. If not, both of them could fighting right now.

“Hahaha you guys really like children. Come on, let’s continue eat.”  Hyo slit into their conversation. All of them laughed except Yuri and Taeyeon. They just give them a fake smile and continue to eat their food. And Yuri didn’t offer his food to Tiffany again. They continue to eat in silence.


“Thanks for the food Taeng! Do you really don’t want to ride with us?” Sunny asked them. Taeyeon offer himself to pay for their food. He always feels uncomfortable seeing they pay for food separately. He doesn’t mean to show off his money, his friends even have money like him too. It just, he feel good when he treat his friends. Sunny come with Hyo and Yuri earlier so now she going back with them. Plus, she want to get her car at Yuri’s car center since it has problems and need to be fixed.

“No big deal Sun! Nah it’s okay. We’re fine. I’ll just walk with her to the office.” Taeyeon reject the offer. He feel comfortable with walking right now. Plus, he didn’t want the situation between Yuri and him be more tense. Or not, they’ll cause more trouble ahead.

“Yah! Come to the club tonight! People there already miss you!” Hyo shouted from the his car window. Today, he’s the one who’s driving. Look like our Hyo feel sedulous to drive today. Yuri, who sit in front next to Hyo didn’t said anything. He just slightly turn his head to look at Tiffany who now smiling beside Taeyeon.

“Hahahaha!” Taeyeon closed his fist held and let the thumb extended upward as a ‘good’ sign then showed to Hyo. The car then move away towards the road.

Taeyeon and Tiffany continue to walk back to their office. Taeyeon really have a good lunch today. He got to have lunch with Tiffany and coincidentally met his friends. If only Yul didn’t ruin the mood, it will be better. Taeyeon didn’t understand with Yuri. He thought that they was already okay. Well maybe it will take a little bit time, but at least Yul didn’t have to spoil the moment like that. It’s like totally not the ordinary Kwon Yuri. He shouldn’t be like that, all this while whenever Taeyeon can’t control his emotion or anger, Yuri is the one keep motivate him. He acted like he was matured but he’s not.

Tiffany on the other side feel satisfied with her lunch today. She now can discover more about Taeyeon. she didn’t know that a man who looks arrogant, showboat, and a bit of ego is actually very friendly. Tiffany has seen a protective Taeyeon, a kind hearted Taeyeon and today she got to see another side of him which is a friendly and joker Taeyeon. Why can’t she see this side of him every day? No shouting, no yelling or no staff will cry whenever went out from his room. But there is something that she curious about. The little tense situation that happen earlier was a bit dubious for her. Isn’t Taeyeon and Yuri are best friend like Sunny and his cousin too? Why does they like can’t get along together?

“Have a nice lunch?” Taeyeon asked as they now walking along the pedestrian road. The restaurant is located opposite their building so they have to cross the road.

“Yes! Thank you Mr. Kim for the treat. And your friend too, they’re so funny and it a nice thing to know them.” Tiffany said while smiling. Taeyeon smile back and he stop walking because they now have to wait for the traffic light to change its color so they can cross the road. He glad that all of them can get along well.

But Tiffany keep walking, she didn’t notice that they now have to stop. Taeyeon stop smiling when saw Tiffany didn’t stop her step. She might be hit. He then quickly grab and pull her into his arm. Tiffany surprised with his action. Taeyeon didn’t said anything. He just point his index finger up. Tiffany follow his finger and saw he pointed at the green traffic light and vehicles moving along them. She now understand why he pull her. She nodded and smile sheepishly to cover her shyness.

“Why so stupid Tiffany” She thought.

The traffic light changed its color while all the vehicles started to slow down. They now can cross the road safely. They arrive at the office after 10 minutes walking. In their 10 minutes, Taeyeon did tell her a little bit about his friendship with 3 of his friends and so do Tiffany. She describing Jessica to Taeyeon. He likes listening to Tiffany. Unlike Taeyeon, she look like she got so many things to tell.

--

They separate when arrive at the office and act normal. The friendly Kim Taeyeon just now changed back to his dark side while Tiffany Hwang… well, still cheerful like always. Both of them walked towards their room when suddenly Jiyeon stopped Taeyeon by calling his name. While Tiffany continue to walk to her room.

“Mr. Kim!”

Taeyeon turn his body. He saw Jiyeon walk towards him.

“Yes Jiyeon-ssi?” Taeyeon answered. As he know, he didn’t have any client or meetings today. So why did she called him for?

“There is someone looking for you just now. I told her that you were going out for lunch but she insist to wait for you. So I asked her to wait in guest room.” Jiyeon explain.

Her? So she is a woman. Who is it?

“Ah really? Did I have appointment with her today?” Taeyeon can’t remember if he has any appointment today. If he does, Jiyeon must already informed him even before he go to lunch.

“No, she came without appointment Mr. Kim. But she said she is a friend of you.”

“Eh? No appointment? And she is my friend? Who?” Taeyeon put finger on his chin as he was thinking who is waiting for him right now. Give up thinking, Taeyeon finally said:

“Hm, I wonder who is it. But nevermind, I’ll just see her then.” Taeyeon then went into his room to put his things and then get out again walking towards the guest room.

While in the guest room, the person that waited Taeyeon for the past 15 minutes started getting bored. She thought that she can settle all of this thing and then get back to her office. She even sacrificed her lunch hour in order to meet him.

“Where is he? I’ve already hungry here!” She talking to herself. Wondering where is Taeyeon. She stare at the plain envelope that has been put on the coffee table. Yes, that boring plain envelope is just like her now, boring.

She get up from the sofa and walked around the room. She went to the rack that gathered trophies of the company. She take a look closely and read what has been written on each trophy.

“2012 Top Brand…”

“2013 Top Brand…”

“2014, 2015…”

“Best Company All the Year…”

“Special Achievement Awards SONEXCLUSIVE…”

Taeyeon open the door. The person who is focus looking at those trophies turn and saw him. Taeyeon smile. So this is the person that wait for him? Of course he knows her. They were friend after all.

“Hi Sooyoung! Hahaha you really make me thinking so hard about the person that waited for me.” Taeyeon laughed.

“Hahaha really? The girl in front didn’t tell you it’s me? Aigo I did tell her my name though.” Taeyeon comfortable be friend with Soyoung. She easy to get along with people, well maybe because she’s a lawyer that is why she like that. Although they were just know each other, but the way she treat him just like they’ve been friends for years! Overall, she have a complete package as a friend. Taeyeon then lead her to the sofa.

“Nah, it’s okay. So what bring you here? Is there anything I can help?” Taeyeon asked her as he feeling curious why did Sooyoung suddenly come to his office.

“Ah actually I did have something to tell you. It’s about the guy you asked me to find information about him.” Taeyeon widen his eyes after heard what she said. He really anticipated a lot about of this guy.

“Oh yes! How was it? You found it right?” He feel really excited about the news. He waited every day for Sooyoung to call, but he understand that its not easy to find that information.

“Just take a look at the envelope. It’s all there.” Sooyoung lean on the sofa and pointed at the envelope on the table. Somehow she feel proud of herself because managed to find those information. With a really basic info that Taeyeon give her, she really feels that she can’t find it. Well, Taeyeon only give her the name of the man. Its actually just a name without family name. Come on, there is billions of people in this world might have the same name as the guy. Then place that he work now and other information that actually didn’t help at all.

Taeyeon take the envelope and open it. There’s a few papers in it. Also he see a picture of the that guy. Taeyeon put the picture on the table he continue to read the papers. There’s a few things that he didn’t understand about the content. His eyebrows curved and he look so serious. Sooyoung smile looking at Taeyeon who focused reading the papers.

“Is it correct? It’s the guy you looking for?” She asked him.

“Yes it’s him. But there’s a few things I don’t understand here. Can you explain?” Taeyeon look like a student who eager to study right now. He want to know everything. He don’t want to missed a single thing about him.

“Yes, sure of course. Let me explain from the beginning to avoid you from confuse.” Taeyeon nodded. Well, that’s better. Sooyoung then take the papers from his hand and flip it to the first page.

“Well as you can see here, his name is Nichkhun Horvejkul. I don’t know whether you notice or not, but he used to be the son of one of the most influential people in United States. His father is a famous Asian businessman in California.”

“Wait, so he from a rich family. So why did he end up work at the club then?” Taeyeon surprised when he was told that guy background.

“Wait, I’ve more to explain.” Taeyeon nodded. He didn’t want to interrupt and let Sooyoung continue her explanation.  

“They have a big shipping company and also have a few branch in other states. Other than be a successful businessman, his father also a womanizer. Nichkhun is the only son in his family, didn’t have any other sibling. In 2013, Californian were shocked by the arrest of his father. He was charged with taking and accepting bribes. He also claimed to have killed his business partner because he already know about Nichkhun’s father involve in corruption.”

What the heck? His family really have a bad background.

“All of his family assets were confiscated including his house. The company has gone bankrupt while the business partner already withdrawn. His family lose everything in a blink of eye.” Whoa. That is really a heavy crime man.

“So what happen to his other family? I mean his parents?” Taeyeon was told by Hyo few months ago that Nichkhun now lives with Key but never mention about his parents or other family. That’s why he want to know.

“I’m not sure. But from the sources I got, his father was still imprisoned. He still needs to go through trials for his second case which is killing. About her mother, there’s source said that his mother left them after they bankrupt.” 

Taeyeon nodded few times. He now understand. But among all things explained by Sooyoung, there is no one involved Tiffany. So what does he want from her if she didn’t have anything with his family?

He thanked Sooyoung for finding and explaining to him. He praised her for doing a good job. Sooyoung let he keep the document, in case he need it. They then bid goodbye as Sooyoung have to went back to her office.

In his room, Taeyeon keep thinking about that guy and the reason why he hurt Tiffany before this. Look like they have connections. Are they were friend before? Or family business? Aish don’t be silly Kim Taeyeon, it can’t be it. Taeyeon can’t hold it anymore, he must find more info about him. he decided to go the club tonight. He want to observe that guy.

Text message

From: Mr. Nobody

To: Tiffany

Hey just to inform that I’ll going home late tonight. Lock the door as soon as you went in okay?

 

There it is. He hit the send button. He just want to remind her. Although there’s many security but still she have to protect herself.

Tiffany who is focused in doing her work stop when feel vibration on her table. She pick her phone and saw a message is coming up. She look at the sender id. It was from… Mr. Nobody. Huh what? She stare at the phone screen. Since when she did save his number? plus, she wouldn’t save that name as a contact name.

Yeah, Taeyeon save his number in Tiffany’s phone when they’re in hospital himself. He purposely do that so she can contact him whenever she want.

 

Text message

From: Tiffany

To: Mr. Nobody

Where are you going? I don’t know your house password!

 

Tiffany replied back. How she supposed to know the house password when the house was not even hers. Aigo look at this guy. Tiffany shook her head with Taeyeon’s behavior. He’s kinda funny sometimes.

Taeyeon at the other room patted his forehead. He forgot that he didn’t tell her the house password yet. Aish pabo Kim Taeyeon. He then type the message and send it.

 

Text message

From: Taeyeon

To: Tiffany

I’m going to meet my friend for a while. Just type in 0509 it should be open. Remember, drive safely!

 

Tiffany just nodded when look at Taeyeon’s reply. She didn’t bother to reply anymore. She now thinking what she gonna do at home later. Would she be bored or not? Since Taeyeon will come home late, she didn’t know what to do. That is not her house, she can’t do anything.

While Taeyeon still thinking about tonight. Will he able to meet him or not? 


whoops, look like i've wrote more than enough >< so what will happen next?  Pardons all of my grammar mistakes and spelling. My eyes today kinda sparrow and i can't see properly. 

p/s keep reading and comment!