XXXIX

The Ice Has Melted

NEXT DAY

After that beautiful night, both of them continue their life like usual. Taeyeon smile like an idiot when he think about last night. Did that really happen? He really confess to her? He ponders in front of the mirror.

While Tiffany in the other room too smiling when she thought about last night. Is she really be Kim Taeyeon’s girlfriend now? She almost can’t believe it first when she heard that. They did keep the same feeling all this while. It just they didn’t open up to each other.

Like a fate, they get out from the room at the same time.

“Hey there beautiful girlfriend. Good morning!” Taeyeon greet her cheerfully.

Tiffany laugh and let out her eye smile. Ah, her eye smile is the first thing Taeyeon would like to see from now on.

 “Hahaha good morning too boyfriend!”

Taeyeon give out his hand. Tiffany look at him with confuse look. She didn’t understand what he’s trying to do?

Pabo Tiffany! He wants to hold your hand!

Taeyeon already know that she must be confuse right now. He then smile to her and said:

“Let’s go eat our breakfast Fany.”

Tiffany then realize and grab his hand. They went downstairs and walk to the kitchen. Doesn’t know why but every time their skin touched, they feel electric current flow in their body. Not only her, but Taeyeon can feel it too.

“Sorry I can’t make anything for you today. I just woke up this morning. I can’t sleep well last night.”

Omo. She doesn’t even said anything. In fact, she doesn’t mind if he didn’t get to prepare anything for her. it just a breakfast. Not a big deal.

“Tae what did I said about those thing? I don’t mind. It’s okay. After this, let me prepare it okay?” Taeyeon nodded.

“Ah Why can’t you sleep last night? Thinking of anything?” She asked. She worried that Taeyeon might be stress about work or even about… her. Well, she did caused a lot of trouble for him though.

“Yeah… thinking about how lucky I am having you as my girlfriend. Hahah” Taeyeon pointed at her after take a sip of coffee. He laugh when he think of what he said just now. Just when did he even think of that cheesy lines?

Tiffany laugh too when she heard his cheesy lines. She get up from the seat and went to the sink to put the glass. While she’s walking across him, she pinch his shoulder.

“Auch!” He flinch. They then finish up their food and went to work.

Today, they go to work together. Taeyeon asked Tiffany to ride with him today as he want her to be with him. If possible, he wants her to be with him all the time. All staff look at them when as they walk together in the lobby. They just ignore them and just went to the office.

--

They went to their office. Just when Taeyeon sit, Sunny barged into his office. He startled and look at her with confuse look.

“Yah! Did you forgot how to knock?” He said.

“No time to knock, my friend. So is it true?”

“What true?” He didn’t understand what did she talked about. Barged into someone’s room, then suddenly shoot them with question. The heck?

“They’re talking about you and Tiffany. They saw both of you walk together at the lobby just now.” They were just walk together and what is wrong with that thing? Told ya. This cheap thing will spread quickly. Look at this midget already know about this.

“So what? We just walking. Nothing wrong I think.” He really didn’t give a damn about those thing. Sometimes he doesn’t understand why people like to care about other people affairs. Can they just mind their own business?

“They said that they saw her went out from your car. Did both of you come together?” Damn!

Taeyeon make his innocent look. Pretend that he didn’t know anything.

“I’m just give her a ride Sun. I saw her car broke down at the main road this morning.” Lying, I can see there Kim Taeyeon.

“Oh so you just let her lift? Nothing more?” Sunny asked him with full of anticipation. She thought that she might here word like ‘I like her’ ‘she’s good’ from him. Taeyeon did praised Tiffany before. But he just talk about how good she is in designing and how determine she in working some sketching.

“Yeah of course nothing more. What do you expect me to be?” Taeyeon feel worried right now.  Did she know something? He don’t want to exposed it now. Let it be a secret for now.

Sunny let out a sigh. In her inner feel, she thought that he’ll change but seem like he’s not. She saw that her friend here has changed a lot since Tiffany worked there. The incident at the club, she remembers clearly what did Hyo tell them. Well before Taeyeon tell them the next day, Hyo already told them that night. Hyo said that he really look so worried about that girl. His expression tells everything. They have blood related after all, of course he knows everything about Taeyeon. Taeyeon never bother about other people business other than his family and friends but he willing to help Tiffany that day. Why? They didn’t know well though. Since that thing, Sunny always bet with herself that Taeyeon will definitely changed. Well, he did things that he doesn’t used to do before after Tiffany came. There must be something changing him right?

“Seriously Taeng? Can’t you feel anything?” Okay, look like Sunny really have to asked him seriously. This guy really in critical stage. His heart might die by now.

“Huh? Feel what?”

“Aish. Don’t you feel like she’s beautiful, attractive… you know something that catch your attention…?” She asked again.

“Pabo, of course she did have all that. In fact, she has more than it. Not only she catch my attention, but she also catch my heart!” – Taeyeon inner feeling.

He put his index finger on his chin, pretending that he’s thinking of something. While Sunny can’t wait to hear his answer.

“Um… I think I’m… can’t think of anything.”

“Now shuhh. I got a lot of work to do. Out here you go, bye!” He pushed Sunny out of his room. He then slammed his door while let out a big sigh.

“Yah Kim Taeyeon!” She yelled. Her loud voice can be heard by other staffs out there, even in Tiffany’s room. She didn’t bother it since she knows that both of them like to play among themselves.

Sunny smile sheepishly to the other staffs as she knows that her voice is too loud.

“Hee~ keep the good work guys, fighting!” She said then run swiftly to her room.

Taeyeon continue doing his work.

--

Taeyeon didn’t see her passed by his room. It already late now. Haih this girl. Tiffany in the other room take a look at her phone after heard a ‘bip’ sound. She saw a text message and smiling when saw the sender name. it’s Taeyeon.

 

12.45 pm

 

Text message

From: Mr. Nobody

To: Tiffany

Hey. Why didn’t you go to lunch yet?

 

Tiffany reply it straight away. She didn’t want him to keep waiting for her.

 

Text message

From: Fany

To: Taeyeon

Still got work to finish up here Tae. Maybe later

 

The heck? Taeyeon read her message. Why, does work be her first priority now? He dial her number, didn’t bother to reply it anymore.

Tiffany let her phone vibrate on the table but look at it when the vibrate not just once. She saw the caller id and answer it.

“Yes Tae?”

“Better stop doing your work now before I drag you out from your room Tiffany.” Taeyeon said with strict tone. He didn’t mad actually, he just worried about her.

Tiffany knows he really care about her. He always remind her not to forget to eat her lunch.

“Omo. Don’t be mad Tae. You’ll look cute when you get mad though.” She purposely said it with the sweet tone. She knows that he’s trying to keep stable there, so she want to . That husky voice Taeyeon can’t resist of. Ugh!

“Don’t tease me with that tone Fany.” Taeyeon can’t keep his ‘fake mad’ and finally smile hearing her sweet voice.

“I didn’t tease you Tae. I said the truth. You really look cute when you get mad.”

“Yeah whatever Fany. Let’s go eat something. My stomach has been roaring since morning.” 

There is something pop up in her mind when think of going out with Taeyeon. She already heard people talking about them this morning. Not only this morning, but since she went out lunch with Taeyeon people already talking about them. They didn’t dare to say anything to Taeyeon since he’s the boss, but they did talk about her. She once heard they’re talking bad about her in the toilet.

“But Tae… they will talk about us later.” Tiffany feel hesitate.

“That is why I call you Fany. I’ll wait for you at the parking lot. We’ll go eat lunch okay? I already miss you~” He whined.

Tiffany laugh upon hearing his whining.

“Hahaha it just few hours Tae. Alright, I’ll be down in a minute. Bye!”

“Fany wait! I forgot to say something!” Hearing Tiffany was about to cut off the line, Taeyeon stopped her.

“What is it Tae?”

“I love you.” Tiffany now smiling. She thought that he’s going to say something important to her.

“Love you too.” Both of them cut off the line.

Taeyeon then went out from his room and get out from the office. As they deal just now, Taeyeon wait for her at the parking lot. He smile widely when he saw his girlfriend walk towards him. Because of the parking lot is just for VIPs and guest, it didn’t have many people there.

He open the car door for Tiffany and drive out from the building.

--

IN THE CAR

One of his hand holds Tiffany’s hand while another one took a control of the steering wheel. Tiffany feel surprised at first when she feel his warm hand on her.

“You’ll get trouble for driving one hand Tae.”

Taeyeon shook his head. He purposely choose to eat a bit far from his office so he won’t met any of his staffs.

“It’s okay, I want to hold your hand. It gives me energy somehow.” He then smile to her.

About an hour driving away from his office, they arrive at the restaurant. It a nice, warm and cozy place. The lunch went well as they didn’t get spotted by anyone. Lol they’re like a k-idol right now. Avoiding people. They didn’t do much, just act like a normal couple. Being sweet and so on.

After finish eating, they went back to office. Walking separately, they act like nothing happen. They use the same way too when they went home. Taeyeon wait for her at the parking lot and she’ll come to him.

--

Taeyeon drive along the night way. He planning on bring her to one place. He always went there whenever he got problem and don’t want to be disturbed.

“Where are we going Tae?” Tiffany asked as she realize that he’s driving opposite their way to home.

“You’ll know soon Fany.”

About 1 hour a half driving, they arrived at the place being talked about. It’s a lake that full with flower and being shined by firefly. It look so beautiful at night but look like nothing at daylight. It not a big lake like at the common park, it just a small one. It has no one since it not exposed to people so they might not notice it.

He lead her and asked her to sit on the bench.

“What is this place Tae? It so beautiful!” Tiffany asked as she feel amazed with the place. It really beautiful.

“This is my favorite place Fany. This is where I would let out my problems, be alone and keep my mind peace.”

Taeyeon grab her hand. He hold it closely. Taeyeon turn to her then:

“I want you to know this place. It really mean a lot to me.”

But there is something that caught her attention.

“Why does you’ve to be alone Tae? You got your friend to talk to right?” Why must talk by yourself when you got caring friends.

Taeyeon nodded. It’s true, but sometimes he doesn’t need a loud friend. He just want a friend that willing to hear his problems silently and lend him a shoulder to cry.

“You know that all my friends were loud Fany. I need peace too. Also, I need someone else to talk to rather than them but I don’t know who, that’s why I talk to myself here.” Tiffany’s heart hurt hearing his words. She feel bad for not being there with him. She didn’t know that he keep so many things himself.

This time, it’s her turn to tighten the hold. Then she caress Taeyeon’s cheeks. Feeling bad for him.

“From today onwards, whenever you need someone to talk to please find me okay? Let me be your friend. I want to be with you through your fall and rise. And please don’t be alone like this. It feel bad for me hearing you saying those things.” She said sincerely.

Taeyeon feel touched hearing her words. In every word she said, it soothes him.

 “Thank you Fany.” Tiffany just nodded.

He look at her and kiss her forehead. Feeling thankful having her by his side now.

They continue to stare at the lake and playing with the fireflies that fly between them. But then, Taeyeon found a medium size of gravel stone and pick it up. He then carve something on the bench.

“What are you doing Tae?”

He didn’t said anything. He just continue to carve. She looks closely but can’t see anything as it was quite dark.

10 minutes of silent, he finally moving. Tiffany look at him and saw something being carved on the bench. Taeyeon then put on light from his cellphone. Just then, she saw everything. He carved their name together complete with heart symbol. Also, he add infinity symbol beside it. Be like a professional sculptor, he also carves a cartoon character. Well, it not detail but at least she can understand what he’s trying to carve there. She carve a boy hold the girl hand at the bottom of the heart.

“Tae, it so nice and details. And the infinity symbol…it mean-”

“It mean I want to us to be forever Fany. We can be forever right Fany?” He look at her with full of hope. In his heart, he did have a paranoid feeling. What if she left him like his ex-? What if his heart being hurt again? Can he bear it again?

“We can and we will Tae.”

Taeyeon then cupped her cheeks and they kissed passionately under the moonlight with fireflies fly between their kiss.


Hey everyone! i'm back! miss me? no right? you must miss taeny isn't? hahaha lol. okay so sorry for the late update. been busy this few days. not a long update. mianhae! *bow.

look like they want the relationship be private. but not so long, okay get ready for the drama ahead! stay tuned!

P/S: Thank you for the 500 subs. you're jjang! *double thumbs up! ((pardon all the grammar mistakes))