XXXVIII

The Ice Has Melted

After being left by Seohyun and Jessica, Taeyeon and Tiffany keep walking in the mall with Sarang. Rather than go home, Seohyun and Jessica stay away from them and just observe it from a far. They’re planning to help Taeyeon since Seohyun already told Jessica about his feelings. So their plan to be a match maker will be stronger because Taeyeon already put a 50% of hope in it. Now they just have to wait for Tiffany.

Both of them followed behind Taeyeon and Tiffany. They put on black glasses so they will not be noticed by them. As expected, both of them now look like spies. They also wear a mask to cover up their face.

Both, Taeyeon and Tiffany walking while talking something funny maybe because they’re now laughing and look happy together. As they walking, they pass by a flower shop. Just like a fate, Taeyeon stop his step and so do Tiffany. While Sarang also feel excited looking at various types of flower and colors. She started to walk around the shop to look at the all flowers.

“Do you like flowers?” Taeyeon asked as he see Tiffany keep looking at the roses.

She just nodded and shot a smile.

Taeyeon then leaving Tiffany who still focus at the roses. He walk at different section as he got an idea. He keep finding and looking for flowers that caught his eyes or a beautiful flowers but none of them seem interesting to him.

--

While those spies keep looking at them. Seohyun can sense something when she look at Taeyeon that seem clueless.

“Did she likes flowers?” Seohyun asked Jessica who standing beside her.

“Who? Tiff? Of course she likes flowers. Who doesn’t like flowers? All woman does!” Jessica answered excitedly. She accidentally raised her voice.

“Shhhh!” Seohyun asked her to lower her voice.

Jessica whisper the ‘sorry’ word then cover . Bad mouth! Both of them whispering and Seohyun stated her instinct about Taeyeon to Jessica. Jessica then got an idea. She thought of helping Taeyeon find flowers.

--

Taeyeon still wondering what flower should he buy. But his mind was blank. But then 2 suspicious woman enter the shop. Wearing glasses and mask? What the…? Are they model? But the way they walk didn’t show like they’re model. Idol maybe? While those suspicious woman walking around the shop, Taeyeon notice something. That glasses that have been wear by one of the woman look familiar to him. it somehow similar to… Seohyun’s? Taeyeon bought Seohyun a pair of glasses on her previous birthday since that girl love something simple and not make her complicated.

“Omo look at this Eden Roses! Isn’t it beautiful? It so suitable for lovers! Omo!” Jessica said. She purposely raised her voice. Because of wearing a mask, her voice can’t easily being detected.

Seohyun take the roses and nodded excitedly. She didn’t dare to say anything as she afraid Taeyeon will noticed her voice. Well Taeyeon is kinda alert with his surrounding and he easily detect something suspicious. That is why his best friend never get to surprise him. He’s no fun they said.

“Ah but I don’t have a boyfriend. What a waste. But this roses are good for LOVER though. Especially when they want to propose or EXPRESS their love.” Jessica purposely emphasize the ‘lover’ and ‘express’ word knowingly that Taeyeon is looking at them now.

Taeyeon hear it clearly what did those women said. He look at them carefully. Those heels they were wearing, the glasses… He got it now!

He walk towards both of them and take the roses. He then said:

“I heard this rose is good for expressing love isn’t? Then I’ll take it.” Both Jessica and Seohyun look at each other. Ready to celebrating their success plan after Taeyeon went out from the shop. But their thought is false when Taeyeon walk back to them.

“Ah thank you by the way Seohyun-ah and you too Jessica-ssi.” He smile and winked at them.

Jessica and Seohyun look at each other. How come he can figure out that they’re here?

“Both of you were too suspicious you know that? Yah Seohyun-ah don’t wear the glasses that I bought for you. And you too Jessica-ssi, your pink heels kinda hurt my eyes since it got diamond on it.”

“We-we jjust want to…” Seohyun began to talk but she being cut off by Taeyeon.

“It’s okay, I know. You want to help me right?” Taeyeon knows Seohyun always want the best from him. She even support him when he said that he likes Tiffany.

“Not to forget, I want to help my best friend too. She look so happy when she with you. That is why I trust to help you Taeyeon-ssi. By the way, the rose that you hold right now is Tiffany’s favorite.” Jessica stated.

Taeyeon now understand everything. In fact, he really feel thankful to both of them for helping him. If not, he’s not gonna say anything to Tiffany forever.

“This? Really? Thank you for telling me Jessica-ssi.”

“Just call my name since we were friend now. Ah you better go now before Tiffany notice us. We’ll keep stay behind your back.”

Taeyeon nodded. He then give a last smile before going to pay for the roses.

--

Taeyeon hide the roses behind him and approach Tiffany who already went out from the flower shop. Tiffany didn’t have the reason to buy any flower but she see that Taeyeon interested in that shop. So she just let him be in the shop while Sarang follow her out from the shop.

Taeyeon approaching Tiffany that sit on the bench outside the shop. He smile foolishly at her.

“What did you buy Tae?” She asked him seeing he put both his hand behind his back.

“Huh? Nothing.”

“Whoa look at that!” Taeyeon pointed his hand to other direction. Tiffany look at the way he’s pointed at.

Taeyeon quickly put out his hand that hold a bouquet of pink roses and showed it Tiffany. Tiffany turn back to Taeyeon after realize that he just trick her and saw he hold a bouquet of flowers. She speechless. Don’t know what to say anymore.

“For you.” He said while give her those flowers.

Tiffany take it and then cover up as she didn’t expect this kind of thing would happen to her. While Taeyeon keep smiling as he feel glad that she accept the flower. After be silent for few minutes, she then said:

“Thank you Tae. I didn’t know how to say this. This is the first time I got this from other guy.” Taeyeon stop smiling. Did she had a boyfriend already? Omo.

“You mean that you’ve received this from other guy before me?” Tiffany nodded and said:

“Yup. I got this kind of flower bouquet from my dad and my brother on my graduation day.”

Taeyeon feel relieved. This girl make him got a panic attack.

“Fiuhh” Taeyeon let out a sigh.

While they were talking, there are some people walk and pass by them. They saw Taeyeon give flowers to Tiffany. They’re all whispering now. Stating that they look good together and there is people even said that they’re a happy family.

“Omo what a sweet husband, I’m envious!”

“She really lucky girl!”

“I wish I got a sweet man like him!”

After received flowers, Tiffany then walk with Sarang while holding the flower bouquet. She smiling all the way they were walk. Taeyeon too, can’t let his eyes from her, he keep looking at the smiling Tiffany. At the mall, they didn’t do much thing. Just walking and shop a little. As promised, Taeyeon buy a dress for Sarang. That little girl enjoyed her time today with her daddy also Tiffany.

--

Taeyeon purposely send Sarang little bit early as he has another plan later on. Tiffany too, go home after she bid goodbye with him. Since Jessica is not there, she don’t know what to do and just go home. She feel bad as she didn’t get to spend time with her best friend today. Well, she didn’t know that Jessica planning something for her. Kekeke.

Before really going home, Taeyeon met with the ‘spies’. He asked for their opinion. He keep thinking what Seohyun said to him that noon. She asked him to confess to her. Plus, it’s been a while he’s been liking her. He can’t wait anymore. Taeyeon has to confess to her no matter what. She has to know his feelings. The ‘spies’ agree with his plan. They glad that Taeyeon gather his courage to make the move. Then they just have to be a ‘backup planner’ for him.

Taeyeon going home after send Sarang to his parents’ home. He look for Tiffany. He went straight to her room but she’s not there. He saw her car being parked beside his car though. But then he remember a place that Tiffany loved to go. She said that she love to see the moon so the only place she can go now is the terrace. He then went down to the terrace. His guess was right. She was standing there while staring at the sky. He approached her slowly.

“Hey” Tiffany turn her head and saw Taeyeon stand beside her.

“Looking for the moon?” He asked again. Taeyeon saw her bitter face as there is no moon tonight since the cloud cover it. Tiffany just nodded to him.

“Um I see. But I don’t think the moon will appear tonight. But it’s okay we already have a moon here.” eh? What is he talking about? She didn’t understand the meaning then asked him.

 “There’s a moon here? Where? I can’t see it.” Tiffany started to feel annoyed. He said that the moon is not going to appear tonight but then he said that the moon is here? what the…?

Taeyeon pointed at her.

“You.”

Tiffany widen her eyes. Now her face got same expression when she got flower before. She keep on silent because she was speechless. Didn’t know what to say and how to say it. Not to mention, she already started to feel heat on her face. Sure now her face is red. Luckily it’s night and quite dark, or not he will got to see her blushing face.

Taeyeon move near to her. Purposely stand next to her until their shoulder touched. She didn’t move and inch plus she don’t even realize that their body really close right now because she was interrupted by her blushing face. Seeing Tiffany didn’t give respond to him, he then turn his body so that he can see her. Taeyeon let out a smile whenever he look at this beautiful girl. This time, she notice that Taeyeon is looking at her then she looking back at him.

“Why are you looking at me like that Tae?”

“Because you’re beautiful.” Taeyeon replied with slumber. While Tiffany feel weird with his bold action.  

“Pardon?” Tiffany she was misheard him so she asked him again. But Taeyeon’s answer is just same.

“I said because you’re beautiful fany-ah” He shoot a smile to her showing his dimple. Tiffany always notice that he looks so much better with his dimple showed. Tiffany stunned. He never showed this side of him before.

“Did you know that you are really beautiful fany?” Taeyeon asked her a question before she got to say anything.

“Nope. What’s with this beautiful thingy Tae?” She feel weird with his behavior. Is this guy okay or not? He’s not drunk didn’t he?

“Ah really? Let me tell you here. You’re beautiful inside and out and…-” Taeyeon stop when he saw Tiffany look at him with confuse look. He knows that she feel weird with the ‘inside out’ words.

“No-no! don’t think anything negative. That is not what I mean, I’m not byuntae! Let me explain more.” Ohmygod Kim Taeyeon, you just spoiled the great mood.

Tiffany laugh seeing him in panic to explain about it. She actually doesn’t mind at all. She purposely giving him that look. Well she just wanna . When will we see the panic Kim Taeyeon? Tiffany laugh while covering . Didn’t want him to stop talking.

“Where did I stop just now? Ah at the inner beauty isn’t?”

“Okay. Let’s be serious now. When I said you’re beautiful, I really mean it Tiffany.” Okay the situation really get serious right now. Taeyeon didn’t smiling now. Tiffany too saw his seriousness.

“I don’t know how to say this. I never confess anything in my life before. But since the day we met at the office, I feel something. Something odd with my heart. Plus, with the incident at the club make me want to know more about you. I’ve been denying my feelings for years fany, I blocked and I pushed away all woman that approaching me. But with you, I can’t do that even if I want to. Every time I see you, I just want to hold you in my arms and never let go. You're the girl that fills all the little dark places in my heart after years. I lose with my own feelings, I’m in love with you Tiffany.”

“Ohmygod. Did he just confess to me?” Tiffany never know that he also have the same feelings a her. why they didn’t realize it before this?

Tiffany silent for a while. She is gathering her courage right now. Taeyeon who see she didn’t give any respond thought that he has been rejected by her.

“It’s fine if you didn’t feel the same as me. I just want to let you know that...-” his word being cut off by Tiffany

“I love you too Tae.” She said shyly. Her face really feel hot right now. Luckily the night breeze helped her to soothe it.

“Wait, what? What did you say?” he asked again as he want to get the confirmation.

“I said I love you too Tae.” Taeyeon’s eyes widen. he didn’t believe what did he heard just now. Did she really said that she love him too?

“You really mean it right fany?” She nodded while smiling shyly. She look away to avoid eye contact with him.

Taeyeon then move towards her, stand really in front of Tiffany. Turn her head so that they can face each other. He cupped her face then give her a quick peck on her pink lips.

“Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to smile for no reason. But now I know why. Thank you for giving me a chance. I love you Tiffany Hwang.”

They then hug and between the hug, Tiffany said:

“I love you too Kim Taeyeon.”

Both of them keep standing at the terrace. Looking at the night sky. Even though there is no moon tonight but just like Taeyeon said before, Tiffany is the new moon for him. With coincidence, there is fireworks on that night.


omo omo. im the one who feel cringe here. hahaha! sorry for the late update! your author here is being prisoned with tonnes of assignment ><

taeyeon finally confess! omo! Stay Tuned!