XV

The Ice Has Melted

Since that day, both of them live their life like usual. Taeyeon is busy with all those uncounted meetings and Tiffany too. Taeyeon can’t stop thinking about the deal that he made few days a ago.

“How can I think about the deal? Yeah, they’re right, I was born to be a genius hahahah” Taeyeon talk to himself while sit on his chair and turning it towards the window. He then sat, squaring an ankle over one knee and see the external view. His phone ringing as he still looking outside the building. Oh shoot! He was too busy looking at the scenery outside, until he forgot his meeting. Beside depends on his secretary, Taeyeon also set reminder notes in his phone. In case, he forgot something. Yeah just like now. He get up from his chair and grabbed his things then rushed out from the room.

He walked quickly to the main door when he bumping into someone. His head banging with the girl’s forehead, make both of them fall. That girl’s belongings scattered all over the floor. Not too forget, Taeyeon’s things too. The girl then get up to gather her belongings back while rubbed her forehead. Taeyeon on the other side also get up, want to help the girl.

“Its okay, I got it.” The girl said while gather her things.

“Nah, let me help you. Its my fault anyway.” Taeyeon said.

Both of them didn’t look up, they were just focus on gathering all the things on the floor. When they already finished, both of them get up, holding each other’s thing. Taeyeon hold, The girl’s file. While the girl hold on Taeyeon’s clutch and notebooks. They then look at each other. As usual, Tiffany’s eyes will turn into bug-eyed as a suprised signed. This time, Taeyeon’s open and formed into ‘O’ shape while his index finger pointed at Tiffany.

“You?!” Both of them said the same thing. Tiffany then dropped Taeyeon’s things on the floor. Yeah, once again. Taeyeon that saw Tiffany dropped his thing on the floor then clenched his jaw at the sight.

“Yah! Don’t just drop my things. You’ll broke my phone in there!” Taeyeon point at his clutch down there.

“Ah! I’m sorry!” Tiffany said sorry and picked up Taeyeon things. She then get up again and give back his thing. Taeyeon do the same too to her. But then he spoke.

“What are you doing here?”

“Can’t you see this? Of course I’m working here.” She answered while lift up the file.

“How about you? What are you doing here?” Tiffany’s turn to asked him. She never expect that she’ll met that annoying guy here, in her workplace. What an unexpected place.

“Me? I’m-I’m seeing my friend. He’s work here. Yeah, he is.” Taeyeon replied with stutter. Thank God she didn’t notice that. But in Taeyeon’s mind, he keep thinking why did he never see her here before? If she worked here, why didn’t they know each other?

Tiffany heard Taeyeon’s answer. She is curious, who did he met? Who is his friend? Is it Sunny? But Sunny is  a girl, he mentioned his friend as ‘he’. Then who is it? Tiffany thought being cut off by Taeyeon’s sudden spoke.

“Aren’t you going to work? We’ve  talk too much I think. Plus, I don’t want to talk to stranger and your boss might saw you here and fired you. Hahaha.” Taeyeon tested her and let out an evil laugh.

Tiffany keep her mind back on the track. She almost forgot about her work.

“You didn’t know my boss! So don’t just assume things! Ugh!” Tiffany mad with this guy sudden assume. Who did he think he is? She them stomped her feet, making way back to her room.

While Taeyeon still standing there, looking at her and laughing. All this scene has been witnessed by Park Jiyeon, the receptionist of the office. Taeyeon knew it and turned to her. He then put his index finger on his lips, give her a sign to not say anything. Jiyeon understand and make a ‘zip’ sign on too then smile. Taeyeon smile back at her and give her a wink then walked out of the office happily. The receptionist suprise with the sudden wink. She never see her boss smile this brightly, what more the wink that he did just now.

Taeyeon walked out from office with a wide smile. He then take out his phone, dialing a number. He wait for the recepient as he make his way to his car.

“Yes Taeng?”  Sunny picked up his call.

“Sunny, is there any new worker in our office?” Taeyeon asked her, still can’t forget about what happen just now.

“Huh? What new worker?” Sunny, on the other line feel weird with Taeyeon’s question. What’s wrong with this guy?

“Yes. New worker Sunny-ah. Duh” Taeyeon feel annoyed with Sunny’s slow thinking.

“We only recruited one new worker this month Taeng. Did you forgot?” Why did he concern about the new worker? This become more and more weird.

“The one from abroad?” Taeyeon asked again.

“Yes Kim Taeyeon. You’re just 27, you’re too young to have alzheimer didn’t you?”  Sunny tried to be humorous, but Taeyeon didn’t fell for it.

“Thanks Sunny. See you later.” He then cut off the line, leaving Sunny with curosity and enter his car heading to the meeting place.

 

--

After met the annoyed guy, Tiffany can’t do her work properly. She keep thinking about the guy. This office does not have many workers. That guy must came out from one of the room here. As she thought about that guy, her phone ringing. She see the caller id then smile. She picked up the call.

“Hi Jessi!” Tiffany greeted Jessica.

“Don’t hi me you Tiffany Hwang.” Jessica on the other line answered coldly.

“Hahahaha what’s wrong Jess?” Tiffany asked her friend even though she already knew what’s the answer.

“Where have you been Tiff? Its been a week and you didn’t contact me at all!” There she is. Hellsica is here. She mad because her bestfriend just keep quiet, didn’t update anything to her.

“I didn’t go anywhere Jess. It just that I’m busy with my work. You know that right?” Tiffany explained to Jessica.

“Look, Tiff you’ve to chill out yourself. How about we go to club tonight? I know you miss to rock the floor.” Jessica know how much Tiffany love to dance.

“No Jess. I’ve meeting tomorrow. I need to prepare.” Its been a while since Tiffany went to the club. When she in LA, she’s busy with her work. Yeah maybe she went once or twice. But when she came to Korea to visit Jessica, her bestfriend often take her to the club to enjoy herself.

“Come on Tiff, just once. Leave your work for a while. You’ve stress enough. Um?”

“Ugh, fine” Tiffany answered unwillingly. Tiffany don’t want to dissapoint her bestfriend. Since she started to work, they rarely contacted and met.

“Oh yeah, that’s my girl! I’ll text you the address. See you tonight Tiff!” Jessica then cut off the line and Tiffany put down her phone back on the table.

 

--

While Taeyeon who just arrived at the office after finished his meeting take out his phone to checked the message arrived earlier. He keep his phone in silent mode as he in meeting, didn’t want anything interupt him.

Let’s meet up at usual place Taeng! Time to turn it up!

Taeyeon chuckled when read the message. He’s busy in the past few month, so he can’t hang out with his friend.

See you tonight Hyo

 

Taeyeon replied shortly. He then sit and continue his owrk. He got few hours more before his working time over and he can go meet his friend. While he’s doing his work, time ticking and Taeyeon finally can go home after a tiring day. He arrive at his home after a 30 minutes drive and then changed his outfits. He thought of going straight meeting his friend, but he wear a formal outfits today so he have to go home and changed. He then take a glass of orange juice and get out from his house then drive to the meeting place.

--

Tiffany on the other hand also has finished her work and drive straight to the club to meet Jessica. She didn’t bother to changed her outfits since she dressed casual today. Maybe she’ll changed her top later. But now, she just drive to the address that Jessica give her. 40 minutes drivng she finally drive at the club. She parked her car and go inside the club. The club look so exclusive. From  the bar until the dance stage, its all shining and pople already gathered at the center of the club to dance. Tiffany started to get the feeling. She then went to the restroom to change her top. She change it into a comfortable one. Finish changing, Tiffany then walked out of the restroom and  started to find Jessica. Since its kinda dark, she can’t find Jessica easily. Give up on searching, she then went to bar feeling thirsty. She sit on the chair and take out her phone.

“Yes pretty lady, what do you want to drink?” The waiter asked her.

Just when Tiffany lift up her head, she saw someone that looked familiar to her. She remember that face clearly. She’ll never forgot that face.

At the same time, Taeyeon arrive at the meeting place. He parked his car and went into the place. And here he is, inside the most exclusive club in Seoul. Owned by Kim Hyoyeon, his cousin. All of the workers knew who is Taeyeon and they always welcomed him there.   

 


who did Tiffany met? Ahaa. Feel free to read and comment! Sorry for any mistakes!