Chapter 92

Hard But Easy

"Seriously, Sica. You really need to control yourself. You're being too overprotective towards Krystal. And this is not the first time you're acting this way."

Jessica folded her arms and pouted as she turned her head away to look at the side view from the car. She was trying her best to control her urge to answer back to Yuri's nagging but she knew that at the end of it, she's going to be the one losing out because she knew that Yuri was right. 

"Why are you keeping quiet now? Don't you always have a lot of things to reply back to me?" Yuri purposely provoked her wife while she concentrated on the road in front of her. "If you're not saying anything, that means you knew that you were in the wrong and whatever that you're planning to say will just backfire to you."

"If you already knew the reason for my silence, why are you still asking me about it?" Jessica replied while still staring outside the window.

"Because I find it entertaining when we argue." Yuri chuckled as Jessica turned to look at her.

"Entertaining? You find our arguments, entertaining?"

Yuri nodded her head with a smile while Jessica just rolled her eyes.

"It's entertaining because I find it cute when you're trying your best to prove your point or to get a message across. Even though you're not correct most of the time, I find it charming. I understand from your point of view when you try to protect your sister but sometimes you forget that she could actually protect herself. Krystal has to learn to be independent because she won't be able to rely on you all the time. She's going to be married soon one day. Just like us, she will encounter small arguments at times so she needs to learn how to handle them." Yuri elaborated her point. 

"I know... It's just that I was worried when I saw how worried Krystal was and at the same time angry at her for what happened the night before. She shouldn't have agreed to meet Jongin in the first place, especially after I remembered about how you were saying that Eunjin might have thought that Krystal had spent the night with Jongin. But when I saw Eunjin with Shin Hye, my anger seemed to have diverted to them instead. "

"Because you couldn't stand being angry with your sister?" Yuri tried to guess as Jessica nodded her head slowly. "That is one of your bad habits too. If your sister is in the wrong, you should be correcting her. Not siding with her. Luckily, Krystal is matured enough to accept that it was all her fault. I can't imagine having a pampered sister-in-law but then again, my wife seemed to be the pampered one instead."

Yuri laughed out loud as Jessica pouted and gave her a side glare which made Yuri stopped laughing immediately.

"By the way, when did Sooyoung and Eunjin even came up with that project? I didn't even know that Eunjin is no longer with the company." Jessica frowned before glaring at Yuri and giving her a light smack on her shoulders. "And you didn't even inform me about this."

"Yah... I'm driving and that hurts." Yuri faked a pained expression which Jessica ignored. "Didn't you hear what Eunjin said earlier? It was meant to be a surprise. Only Sooyoung, Yoona, Taeyeon, Sunny and me were aware of it. One of reason as to why I knew about it is because she's no longer going to be at the company which is why she had no choice to inform me, Taeyeon and Sunny."

"So Eunjin is really letting go of the company? She sold it to Uncle Park?"

"Anni. She is still the owner and major shareholder. It's just that she's not holding any active positions in the company. Uncle Park will lead the company from now on but any major decisions will still need Eunjin's approval to go through."

Jessica nodded her head as the car drove into the basement carpark of one of the shopping malls. Silence continued between them until Yuri stopped the car after parking it.

"Do you think both of them will be fine after we left them behind?" Jessica asked the moment they exited the car and were walking beside each other,

"Of course they will." Yuri answered her as she placed her hand around Jessica's waist. "Because they love each other. Just like us."

Meanwhile, back at the workshop, Krystal was busy looking around the place which was not fully furnished with Eunjin following her from behind. After Jessica and Yuri left, Eunjin explained about the workshop to Krystal, who then requested to look around. They had not spoken to each other at all for the past 20mins before Krystal turned around to face Eunjin.

"Won't the smell of grease affect the cafe upstairs?" Krystal asked as she pointed upwards.

"It's going to be an enclosed cafe with aircon. Do you want to go up and have a look? The interior of the cafe is complete." Eunjin asked as Krystal nodded her head.

Krystal took another 20mins to wander around the cafe as Eunjin sat down at one of the seats. The cafe has an almost similar layout as the 1st floor of Twin Towers with a slight different in color tone. Behind the cashier counter was the kitchen and beside it seemed to be a small office which had the words 'Only for Staff' signage on the door.

"That's going to be Sooyoung-unnie's office?" Krystal pointed out.

"Hers and mine. That room could also lead to the workshop downstairs. There's another staircase inside." Eunjin stood up and made her way to the room as Krystal followed. "This will be Sooyoung's table. And this is mine."

Krystal just nodded her head as Eunjin showed the tables that was placed in an L-shape. It was a simple layout with a small table in the centre and a couch at a corner. Eunjin went down the stairs and Krystal was more surprised at the layout on the 1st floor.

"Here, it's more of our chill corner."

Eunjin smile as Krystal saw that there was a pool table, a tv with a couch and a few musical instruments in the room. It was airconditioned and Krystal seemed surprised as she didn't noticed that there was actually a room when she wandered around the 1st floor.

"How come I didn't notice that there's actually a room down here?" Krystal asked Eunjin who had a proud smirk on her face.

"Because it's hidden." Eunjin walked towards the door and brought Krystal out.

It was only when Krystal was standing outside the room that she realised as to why she didn't noticed that there was a room. The entrance of the room was hidden behind a wall display of car rims.

"That's cool. You and Soo-unnie did a great job with the interior." Krystal praised and complimented as Eunjin said her thanks.

"So... are we ready to talk about us now?"

************************

Jongin had a wide smile on his face as he leaned back against his seat. Just two hours ago, he was beginning to be restless when he couldn't think of a way to actually meet with Krystal to return her phone. He didn't know her address at all and he didn't dare to call anyone on her contact list. But he was surprised that Krystal actually called him up albeit using someone's else phone.

(Flashbacks 30mins ago)

Jongin had just finished going through some documents at his father's office and was about to grab another file when Krystal's phone rang. He had left the phone on his table, just beside his own phone since he arrived at the office. When he saw the name on the screen, a deep frown appeared on his face.

"What does this person wants actually?" He grumbled to himself and ignored the incoming call for at least 3 times before he finally picked it up. "What do you want?"

"I want my phone back."

Jongin was startled when he heard a familiar voice on the other line which he immediately recognised as belonging to Krystal. He cleared his throat and replied to her in a softer tone.

"Krystal? Hey.. I didn't expect you to call. I thought it was your friend, calling me."

"She's not my friend. She's my fiancee. I believe you should know that by seeing my phone screen since I clearly put the word 'Fiancee'. Anyway, where are you? I need to get my phone back."

"I'm at my office. You should have called earlier. We could have lunch together." Jongin maintained his sweet voice, trying to act cool in front of Krystal. "Why don't you come here and meet me then? I can show you around my huge office building at the same time."

"I just want to get my phone back, that's all. Maybe you can meet me somewhere nearby and pass it to me." Krystal suggested.

"Hhhhmmmm... I'm quite busy actually. I'm not sure if I can leave my office at the moment." 

"Fine. Just message me your office address at this number. I'll call you again once I've reached your office." Krystal replied, clearly in an unhappy tone.

(End of flashback)

The ringing sound brought Jongin out from his thoughts as he answered the call. A smile appeared on his face again when he was informed that Krystal was already waiting for him at the office lobby.

" her up to my office." Jongin instructed her receptionist but was surprised when the girl told him that Krystal was adamant to stay at the lobby.

"The guest said that it's either you come down to meet her or you can keep the phone for your own use. Because she's going to leave soon."

Jongin felt a little angry at Krystal's attitude because it hurt his pride but he decided to remain calm since he was more than happy that Krystal had came to look for him. "Fine. Tell her that I will come down in a minute."

Meanwhile, Krystal was leaning against the reception counter with her arms crossed  while she looked around the lobby. It seemed that Jongin's parents did own quite a big furniture company even though she wasn't that impressed.

It took Jongin about 10mins to reach the lobby and Krystal rolled her eyes when she saw how arrogantly he was walking towards her while holding a few files in his hands. There was a lady beside him, which Krystal assumed was his secretary and he seemed to be in deep conversation with her.

"Hey, Krystal. So sorry if I've kept you waiting. I've been busy with work and arranging some business appointments with my secretary, which is why I couldn't leave the office. Anyway, here's your phone." Jongin gave a big smile as he handed Krystal her phone.

"Thanks. I'll make a move then." Krystal grabbed her phone and put it in her handbag before turning around to walk away.

"Krystal, wait. Why are you in a rush? Don't you want to walk around and look at my company?" Jongin obstructed Krystal's movement by standing in front of her.

"It's okay. I'm not interested. Furthermore, I thought this is your father's company?"

"Well... sooner or later, it'll be mine. So indirectly, it's my company. I'm going to be the big boss of this huge company. Impressive?" Jongin gave an arrogant pose but Krystal just shrugged her shoulders and was about to walk away again. "Wait, wait? Where are you going? Home? I can send you if you want."

"I thought you said that you were too busy that you can't even leave your office?" Krystal threw back his remarks at him as Jongin just chuckled. "I've got things to do. Furthermore, my fiancee is here and has been waiting for me outside since just now."

"With her motorbike? But it's going to rain soon. I could send you in my car. It's much better than getting wet in the rain." Jongin commented but Krystal just shook her head and walked off.

Jongin didn't gave up and followed Krystal from behind, right up to the office entrance. He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Eunjin playing with her phone while leaning against a sports car. To be exact, a blue maserati grancabrio.

Eunjin had noticed Krystal walking towards her so she kept her phone aside and opened the door for her. Turning around, she saw Jongin staring blankly at them so all she could do was to smile and bow her head a little before making her way to the driver side.

"Is your friend okay? Why does he look so confused?" Eunjin asked as Krystal just shrugged her shoulders before they drove off.

************************

I heard the rushing sound of footsteps as I looked up and saw Krystal walking towards me. I kept my phone in my pocket and opened the car door, just in time for Krystal to take her seat. After closing the door, I turned around and saw Jongin looking at our direction with an unreadable expression. I smiled and bowed my head a little before making my way to the driver side.

"Is your friend okay? Why does he look so confused?"

I asked as I put on my safety belt while Krystal just shrugged her shoulders.

"Let's just go. I've already taken my phone from him."

I nodded my head at Krystal's words and drove off. We didn't talk much on the way as both of us just listened to the music that was being played. It took us about 45 mins to reach my apartment as Krystal informed me that she needed to use the bathroom.

I made my way to the living room and sat down at the couch. As I stared at the view outside, I was reminded of the talk that I had with Krystal back at the workshop.

(Flashbacks)

"So... are we ready to talk about us now?"

Krystal stood still as I ushered her to seat at one of the chairs. She seemed to be in deep thoughts as I purposely didn't continue talking until she looked at me. By now, I had totally calm down and was feeling a little guilty myself for being angry at her earlier.

"I'm sorry. I know that all these are my fault."

I let out a deep sigh before I asked her in what way was it her fault.

"I shouldn't have meet him for dinner. If I didn't agree to meet him, all these would not have happened. I would not have skipped the dinner with Halmeoni and Harabeoji. They must have felt disappointed in me for not attending." Krystal replied with a tone which I recognised as the one where she's feeling really guilty about the whole situation.

"Frankly speaking, I'm not upset about you meeting him for dinner. Technically, it's my fault for not informing you that I had planned to have dinner with you and my grandparents. Halmeoni and Harabeoji understood that it was not your fault that you didn't attend the dinner with them. I've already told them that I was the one who didn't inform you about it." I smiled at Krystal who didn't seemed to believe me. "I wasn't angry at you earlier for what happened. It was more to the way your Unnie 'jumped' on me and accused me of things that I didn't do. Anyway, you just need to be more careful of your belongings. If not, someone might misuse it."

"By the way, what did Jongin actually messaged or replied to you through my phone? I can't believe that he could actually just used my phone without my permission. That's totally unacceptable." Krystal showed a little anger as she took out her phone and read the messages that had been exchanged between Jongin and I. "Seriously? This guy is too much. Why is he replying to you in that arrogant tone?"

"I guess because he's arrogant?" I chuckled at my own words as Krystal pouted. "Wae?"

"What did I do to deserve such a great person like you? Even after the way that Sica-unnie treated you earlier and you got agitated because of that, you didn't even scold or blame me for anything." Krystal's eyes became teary as I panicked and quickly stood up in front of her.

"Hey.. what's wrong?" I wrapped my arms around Krystal when her tears started to flow down her cheeks. "Hush, hush. Don't cry. I know it's not your fault, so why should I blame or scold you? I have no reason to do that."

"But I... I shouldn't have agreed to that dinner. I... I should not even be angry with you that night. And everytime things like this happened, I keep thinking that I'm not good enough for you." Krystal started to blabber nonsense as I rubbed her back to console her.

"Things happened for a reason. We just need to look for the positive point of it." I pulled her in a hug. "Stop thinking that you're not good enough for me. It's not healthy to keep having such thoughts."

"That's because you keep being such an amazing person. How could you stay positive and forgiving all the time? Even when I tell others about you, they don't believe such a person exist. They think I'm just making you sound so good to hide your true character." Krystal pouted while I just laughed.

"I guess being through a lot of hardships when I was young, made me be more thankful of what I have at the moment. I lost both my parents, wasn't accepted by my own grandfather and had to live in a foreign country at a very young age. I've been bullied, been looked down at, been ostracized and even had a trauma all through that. I don't regret or hate any part of my life though because I think it builts up my character." 

Thinking of those memories made me stopped talking as I was reminded of the pain that I had went through. Krystal must have felt and sensed that something was wrong as she quickly leaned in and gave me a peck on my cheek before returning my hug tightly.

"And I love you for that." Krystal whispered to me as I chuckled slightly before I started laughing out loud. "Wae? Why are you laughing?"

"Anni... I'm just thankful. Thankful that I met Yuri again... Taeyeon, Sunny.. the other girls. And most importantly, I'm just thankful to have you in my life."

(End of flashbacks)

Krystal's voice calling me took my attention away as I stood up and made my way to the master bedroom. Pushing the door, my eyes widened when I saw Krystal sitting at the edge of the bed in her bathrobe.

"You called?" I asked innocently without anticipating anything.

"It's been a long day today and I was thinking of a way for us to relax our mind and body. So I prepared a bath for us."

"For us? As in both of us... together.. in the tub?" I must have sounded stupid with my questions as Krystal giggled. "Won't it be uncomfortable?"

"So why did you install a bathtub for two then?" Krystal asked as I kept blinking my eyes. "Are you planning to use it with someone else other than me?"

"Of course not!" I replied immediately with a firm answer as Krystal started to laugh.

"You should have seen how tense you were when you answered that. Let's not waste more time. The bath might turn cold sooner. I've prepared it at a nice warm temperature with lavender scent." Krystal stood up and held up her hand, gesturing me to take it.

Meanwhile at the Kwon's household, dinner had just ended as Seohyun went to help their mother to clear the dishes while Sooyoung, Yoona, Yuri and Jessica went to the living room to continue their discussion on the upcoming wedding. Appa Kwon had went back to his room for an early rest as he was feeling a little tired from work.

"So the menu's been finalised, right? Anything else you guys need to settle? Anything that I can help with?" Yuri asked as Sooyoung shook her head while Yoona had a cheeky grin on her face,

"Just give us a big wedding gift will do." Yoona replied which caused Yuri to laugh out loud. "I don't think there's anything else that we need, right Dear?"

Sooyoung nodded her head in agreement as she informed that almost everything had already been settled except for their wedding photos that they would take next week. The four of them continued talking until Seohyun and Omma Kwon joined them. 30 mins into the conversation, Yuri's phone rang as she saw Halmeoni's name appearing on her phone screen

"Annyeonghaseyo Halmeoni.. Yes, yes... Yuri here... I'm at my parent's place... Oh okay. Give me a minute." Yuri stood up and excused herself for a while before she made her way to the kitchen. "Yes, Halmeoni. You mentioned that you wanted to ask about Eunjin. What is it about?

"I was wondering if Eunjin had came to you today to talk about Krystal or anything that is bothering her. Because this morning, she left the house looking solemn." Halmeoni replied before she started to elaborate about what she had witnessed since yesterday night. "I know she must have had an argument with Krystal but the way she left this morning seems like she was hiding more than that."

Yuri frowned as she listened to everything that she had heard from Halmeoni. She informed the elder lady that indeed, Eunjin had a small argument with Krystal but everything had been settled.

"If it's settled, then that's good. I'm just worried that she's keeping things to herself again. I was actually quite surprised when she said that she'll be all alone if both me and Harabeoji are no longer around. When we mentioned Krystal, her expression turned solemn. Maybe because at that point of time, she was upset about the argument." 

"I guess so, Halmeoni." Yuri replied even though she herself was not convinced of her answer. "Don't worry. I will check with Eunjin later. She usually quite open with me about her feelings. You should rest, Halmeoni. It's getting late."

The phone called ended as Yuri leaned against the kitchen counter with a deep frown on her face. She had messaged Eunjin 3hrs ago and asked if everything was okay between her and Krystal. Eunjin said that they had sorted things out and were on their way to take Krystal's phone from Jongin.

"If they had sort things out so fast, that means Eunjin is not that upset with Krystal about the whole matter. All alone? Why would Eunjin think that way?" Yuri mumbled to herself.

"Is everything okay?"

Yuri looked up to see Sooyoung standing by the kitchen door as she gestured to Sooyoung to come nearer.

"You met Eunjin this morning at the workshop, right? Did you notice anything different?" Yuri asked as Sooyoung tried to remember that morning encounter.

"She looked a little down when she entered  the workshop but when she saw me, she smiled. Wae?" 

Yuri explained her phone conversation with Sooyoung and both of them ended up frowning.

"Why would Eunjin feel that way? She has Krystal by her side, right? I mean, even if they are having an argument at that point of time, she shouldn't be thinking that she's going to be alone. We are also here for her anyway." Sooyoung voiced out her opinion.

"That was what I thought also. There must be something that Eunjin is hiding. Maybe in terms of direct family members, then it's true that she's going to be left alone. But I'm not going to let her feel that way. I've always treated her as part of my family. She needs to know that she can always rely on me any time." Yuri made a firm decision.

"She can rely on any one of us. We're part of a big family. She shouldn't feel lonely even after her grandparents are no longer around." Sooyoung added on as Yuri gave her a high-five.