Chapter 11

Hard But Easy

"Are you trying to attract Amber with your sulking face?" Sulli whispered to Krystal who immediately glared at her. "I know that you're unhappy with Amber for not informing us about Ailee's presence but we are here to enjoy ourselves. Don't ruin the mood."

Krystal pouted as she looked at Amber who was busy on the phone. Luna, who was seated beside her, only chuckled and even pinched Krystal's cheeks lightly.

"Jealous Krystal is so cute." Luna said as Krystal rolled her eyes.

The 3 of them had arrived at the Lotte amusement park on a bright Saturday morning. Amber had asked them if they had wanted to follow her to hang out at the amusement park and Krystal was the first one to agree with it. Initially, Luna and Sulli didn't want to follow since they wanted to allow some private time for Krystal and Amber but Krystal insisted for them to tag along. But they didn't expect that Amber had asked Ailee along too.

"Luckily, I insisted for the both of you to follow me. Imagine how awkward it'll be if there was only me, Ailee and Amber." Krystal started to nag at her friends. She was about to continue when Amber walked up to them.

"Sorry for the delay. Ailee said that she should be arriving soon." Amber apologised. "Do you guys want to get...?"

Amber's words were cut off when they heard someone calling out Krystal's name. As they turned towards the voice, they were surprised when they saw Jessica and Tiffany walking up towards them.

"I didn't know you would be here." Jessica asked her sister while the other girls bowed a little and greeted both of them.

"It was a last minute plan. Amber asked us out yesterday evening." Krystal answered. "Just the two of you, Unnies?"

"Taetae's on her way here with her friends. Wait, I think they're here." Tiffany pointed towards the entrance.

They saw Taeyeon walking between Yuri and Eunjin with Sooyoung and Yoona behind them. Tiffany excitedly called out to them as Taeyeon smiled and waved.

"Why is she here?"

Both Jessica and Krystal looked at each other when they realised that they had said the same thing at the same time.

"Eunjin-unnie is so cool. I like her outfit."

Krystal heard Luna half-whispering to Sulli as she rolled her eyes at her friends.

(Imagine this is what Eunjin was wearing.)

tumblr_m48uguSQWC1qiipp5o1_500.jpg

Eunjin's POV

Yuri and I were busy teasing Taeyeon for her height since she was standing in between us. We said that we looked like Taeyeon's bodyguard especially since there were two more tall girls walking behind us, Sooyoung and Yoona. I was about to continue teasing her when I noticed the big grin on Taeyeon's face before she started waving her hands excitedly. Turning to the same direction, I had to blink twice to make sure that my eyes were not playing tricks on me.

'Not again.' I thought to myself when I saw Krystal from a distance. I also noticed that Yuri was slightly surprised and I presumed that Taeyeon didn't informed her that Jessica would be around too.

'That midget is going to get it from Yuri once the day is over.' I had a strong gut feeling about it.

"Sica-unnie, Fany-unnie." Yoona brushed us away as she walked past us to give Jessica and Tiffany a hug.

"Since when did they get so close?" I heard Yuri asking Sooyoung who just shrugged her shoulders. "I'm going to kill this midget soon."

I grinned a little when I heard what Yuri said but my attention was diverted when Amber patted my back.

"Eunjin-unnie. What's up?" Amber asked as I smiled at her and replied that I was fine. "I didn't know that you guys are friend's with Krystal's elder sister."

I said that I was the one who repaired Jessica's car when it broke down which was how we got to know each other. We chatted for a while until a girl called out to Amber and joined the group. Amber introduced everyone to Ailee who was greeting everyone excitedly. Reminded me of Tiffany and just as I had anticipated, both of them seemed to hit it off very well.

Both groups made their way to the entrance but went their separate ways since Sooyoung and Yoona wanted to grab their breakfast while Amber's group was already eager to play around. Even for that short period of time that we had gathered, I could already observed some things. One of it was that Jessica's a very protective but caring sister. Another thing was that Krystal didn't seem to welcome Ailee's presence. There was something different in her cold expression towards Ailee.

'Is it because Ailee seems to be very clingy to Amber? Does Krystal like Amber?' Those thoughts came to my mind and without realising, I was pouting.

"Oi.. Why are you pouting and frowning suddenly?" Sooyoung shoved my shoulders as her question, caused everyone to look at me.

"An... Anni." I stammered nervously. "I was thinking of what rides to avoid later."

"The only one that you will surely avoid is the haunted house." Yuri said as Yoona agreed.

"Eunjin's afraid of ghost since young." Yoona emphasized further as I heard Jessica commenting that her sister was also the same.

************************

Sooyoung, Yoona and Yuri were excited about trying out those thrill rides while Taeyeon and Tiffany were busy flirting around, disappearing together at some points. So I was left with Jessica who would rather sit down than join Sooyoung and the Kwon siblings on those rides.

"Are you actually afraid of heights?" I asked Jessica after she rejected Yoona's offer to go up on the viking ride.

She only nodded her head as a reply to my question. We were in silence for about a minute as we just observed the view in front of us.

"For a minute there, I thought that you didn't want to ride because of Yuri." My statement caught Jessica's attention as she turned to face me.

"Why should I be affected by her presence? My decisions has got nothing to do with her." Jessica replied as she rolled her eyes at me, making me a little nervous.

"Yuri thinks that you hate her. Do you?" I plucked up my courage to ask her that question.

"Why should I hate her? I don't even know her that well to have such feelings for her." Jessica replied, a little hesitant at first when she mentioned the word hate.

"We know that you and Yuri went to the same high school even though both of you had never really became friends. We saw a photo of you and Yuri during graduation day." I answered, surprising Jessica with that information.

"She.. she.. kept that photo?" Jessica asked, not believing what I had told her as I added on that I found the photo neatly placed in a beautiful frame in her room. "I... I.. I didn't expect that she would actually keep or even develop that photo since it was taken using her phone."

I chuckled when I noticed the blush on Jessica's face as I about it. Jessica bite her lips and punched me on my shoulders for teasing her.

Yuri's POV

Even from where I was seated, I could see the interaction between Jessica and Eunjin. I bite my lips and wanted to look away but my eyes were glued to the two of them who were seated at the bench somwehere near the viking ride. There seemed to be a turmoil going on in my head. A part of me was sad to see the interaction but another part was trying to stay positive by saying that I should be happy for Eunjin.

I saw Eunjin smiling and was surprised when I saw Jessica punching her on the shoulders.

'Why can't Jessica treat me the same way as she treats Eunjin? What's so different about me? Does she hate me because I'm a player?'

Those thoughts came to my mind and for the very first time, I regretted the image that I had created of myself. Biting my lips, I tried to suppress the disappointment that was seeping into me. I tried to focus on the ride instead but my eyes kept going back to Jessica's direction as I just observed her from the top,

Jessica's POV

"Yah! How dare you laugh at me?" I gritted my teeth at Eunjin, whom I had just punched lightly earlier, as I noticed that she continued to chuckle. Seeing her laughter, I ended up laughing along.

"You were blushing. Just like Yuri when she saw you for the first time. She said you were her first..."

I saw Eunjin suddenly paused her words and swallowed her saliva before she ginned dorkily and pretended to look around with no intention of completing her words.

"Yah, why did you stop your sentence halfway?" I asked as she pretended to look blur.

"Halfway? Anni... I've said what I've wanted to say." Eunjin replied as she grinned again while scatching the back of her head.

"Don't lie. You said something about me being Yuri's first....?" I tried to remind her as she frowned a little as if it was the first time she had heard it. "Yah!!"

I smacked her shoulders repeatedly as she started to laugh again. Our interactions stopped when we heard someone coughing as I turned around and saw Yoona with Sooyoung smiling at us. But Yuri's expression was different. She seemed to be staring into thin air when I noticed that her lips were bleeding.

"You're bleeding." I pointed to Yuri's lips as she just wiped it away with the back of her hand.

"It's okay." She smiled a little and looked away. "Where's Fany and Taeyeon? They should have just gone on a date if they wanted to keep disappearing like this. It's so difficult to spot Taeyeon since she's short but luckily, Fany is slightly taller than her so we should look out for Fany instead."

Yuri's comments along with her poker face, caused Sooyoung, Yoona and Eunjin to laugh but I folded my arms since I felt like she was talking about me.

"What's wrong with being short?" I suddenly asked as the 3 of them stopped laughing while I glared at Yuri.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't talking about you." Yuri started to look guilty as I rolled my eyes at her. "Oh come on. Stop giving me that attitude and the cold shoulder, will you? You were smiling and giggling earlier with Eunjin but the moment, I'm around... BAAAM.. you turn into a different person. Do you really hate me that much?"

Yuri then turned around and started walking away, causing the rest of us to be shocked with a reaction. Even I was taken aback as I started to feel guilty for my actions towards her.

"I'll go and look for her. You guys go and look for Taeyeon and Tifffany. We'll meet up somewehere later." Eunjin suggested as Sooyoung and Yoona nodded their heads.

"Let's go, Sica-unnie. Eunjin will know how to handle Yul-unnie. I'm hungry, anyway." Yoona pouted cutely as she pulled me along.

************************

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked after I managed to catch up with Yuri who had walked quite a distance away.

"I'm fine." Yuri's reply didn't satisfied me as I ran and stopped in front of her.

"What's wrong with you? What's with that attitude?" I asked as she almost barged into me.

"I'm fine, okay. Leave me alone." Yuri tried to brush me aside but I grabbed her arm.

"You're lying. You're not fine." I replied with a firm tone. "Why are you throwing your anger at Sica?"

"Why can't I? Trying to be protective of your girlfriend is it?" Yuri's glare and sarcastic reply, almost made me want to punch her.

"What nonsense are you talking? She's not my girlfriend, okay. Stop creating lies in your head." I said as I folded my arms and glared back at Yuri.

"Lies? Who's the one lying? Me or you?" She jabbed her finger at my shoulder as I flinched a little. "You said that she doesn't like you. But I saw it with my own eyes. Both of you were teasing and flirting with each other, looking lika a couple from where I was seated on the Viking. She was so happy around you but the moment I said something, she's unhappy with it."

Yuri started to blabber on about everything that she saw while I just listened to her. Once she had let out her unhappiness, Yuri stopped and just stared blankly at me.

"We were talking about you earlier before you came down from the ride. I told her that most of us knew you and her went to the same high school through the graduation photo that you kept in your room. She was surprised that you actually kept that photo and I noticed her blushing which was why I started teasing her. She punched me because of that." I explained in detail about what really happened between me and Jessica earlier including the part where I had almost blurt out the fact that Jessica was Yuri's first love.

"Yah!! That was close. How am I suppose to face her if you had blurted it out?" Yuri shook her head before sighing.

"That's why I stopped." I said as I smiled at a more calm-looking Yuri, "Feeling better now?"

Yuri nodded her head as I patted her back. I told her that I don't believe Jessica hated her.

"If Sica really hates you, she won't have told you about your bleeding lips. Why is it bleeding anyway?" I asked as Yuri shrugged her shoulders. I was about to ask further when Yuri's phone rang.

"Hello?... YAH!! If you're planning to disappear like this, you should have just go on a date with Fany."

Yuri answered the call which I presumed was from Taeyeon. They chatted for a while before Yuri hung up the call.

"Taeyeon and Fany are with Sooyoung, Yoona and Jessica at a restaurant on the 2nd floor. Seems like Jessica's sister is also there, along with her friends. They're waiting for us to have lunch together." Yuri informed me.

"Krystal's there too?" I sighed which didn't go unnoticed by Yuri.

"What's wrong? Still having problems with Krystal?" Yuri asked as I told her that the girl confused me.

"Sometimes she's cold but at times she's okay. I don't know how to act around her." I explained to Yuri who had a silly grin on her face.

"Why are you so concern about how to behave when Krystal is around. Just ignore her if you're not comfortable. She's not the only one there. Unless she's the only one that you can see." Yuri laughed out loud before she ran off, leaving me behind.

"Yah, yah, yah!!! What's that suppose to mean?" I shouted as I ran after that tanned monkey.

10mins later, both of us walked in to a western restaurant where the other girls were waiting for us. Yuri must have noticed something when she suddenly shoved me aside before walking quickly to sit down beside Taeyeon. When I finally realised why Yuri had reacted that way, it was already too late.

It seemed that the restaurant only had a maximum of 6 chairs per table so Yuri had rushed to sit on the only vacancy since Sooyoung, Yoona, Taeyeon, Tiffany and Jessica were already at the table. After Yuri sat down, I saw her pointing to the table behind them.

"Eunjin, you can sit at that table. They have a vacancy there." Yuri grinned at me as my eyes followed where her finger was pointing to.

Amber, Ailee, Luna, Sulli and Krystal were seated at that table as Amber heard what Yuri had said. She quickly waved at me and pointed to the empty seat which was opposite of Krystal, who was busy looking through the menu. I hesitated for a while before Krystal looked up and stared at me. It must have been her stare that prompted me to take a seat quickly.

It took all of us another 20mins before we finally decided on what to eat. Another hour was spent having our lunch while chatting around. It was quite noisy at the other table but my table was quieter with Amber and Ailee doing most of the chattings. From what Amber told me, Ailee had graduated a few months back and was a year younger than them. 

"How old are you, Eunjin-ssi?" Ailee asked as I replied that I'm 24 this year. "Really? I thought you're the same age as me or Amber's age. You look younger than your real age."

From the corner of my eyes, I caught the sight of Krystal rolling her eyes a little and I almost grinned because of her reaction. Lunch was almost over when Jessica called Krystal to accompany her to the ladies. The two siblings left the table, along with Tiffany and Yoona who needed the toilet break too.

"What other  rides should we go after this?" Ailee asked as Luna and Sulli just shrugged their shoulders.

"We've yet to try the haunted house." Amber suggested in excitement as Ailee nodded her head in agreement but Luna and Sulli were against it. "But it's going to be fun."

I just sat there and observed their discussions. Hearing them talking about the haunted house, I thought that it would be for the best if I kept quiet. They continued discussing but stopped when Krystal returned to the table. By then, Sooyoung and Taeyeon were already eager to make a move so I excused myself to join the other group.

"Hey, have you apologised to Sica for your outburst earlier?" I asked Yuri as the two of us walked out from the restaurant, walking right at the back of the pack.

"I wanted to do so but she was avoiding my eye contact throughout the whole lunch." Yuri replied as we followed the girls in front of us. "By the way, how did you feel, eating opposite of her sister?"

"Krystal, you mean?" I asked to double confirm the person that Yuri was talking about. After Yuri nodded her head, I sighed. "Awkward and uncomfortable."

Yuri started laughing at my answer as she kept patting my back. I knew she was laughing because it was thanks to her that I was in that situation in the first place. Her laughter caught the attention of the girls in front of us as they turned behind. I grabbed the oppprtunity to seek my revenge on Yuri.

"Sica, Yuri has something to say to you."

Jessica stopped walking as Yuri stopped laughing. I chuckled when I saw Yuri's awkward reaction as she kept blinking her eyes and looked at me before looking at Jessica. The rest of the girls also stopped as Yuri swallowed her saliva.

"I... I... I'm sor... I'm sorry. For my sudden outburst earlier." Yuri took a deep breathe as she looked straight into Jessica's eyes. "It was rude of me to comment about your personality too."

Yuri looked down while Taeyeon and Tiffany had a confused look. I noticed Sooyoung whispering to Taeyeon while Yoona whispered to Tiffany. They must be explaining about what happened earlier since both of them were not around.

"It's okay. I was at fault too. I overreacted to your comments." Jessica replied. "Furthermore, what you said was the truth. I was giving you the cold shoulder and showing you some attitude. I'm sorry for my behaviour."

It became more awkward since both of them were actually apologising to each other until Taeyeon suddenly shouted.

"Yah!! Kwon Yuri!! Did you just made fun of my height? You tanned monkey!!"

Taeyeon's statement caused everyone to laugh as she and Yuri started to chase each other around. Tiffany then suggested for them to go shopping since most of them were still feeling full from the lunch. So we followed Yoona, Tiffany and Jessica who seemed to be the ones that were eager with the shopping idea.

It was almost 4pm when we were done with the shopping, 2hrs after lunch. I had to suppress my laughter when I saw the bags in Sooyoung's, Taeyeon's and Yuri's hands.

"Yah!! I can see your stupid smirk even if you're trying to suppress your laughter." Yuri tried to kick me in my shin but I managed to dodge it as I burst out laughing.

"Whipped. All 3 of you." I said as I continued to laugh while Sooyoung, Taeyeon and Yuri glared at me.

"Eunjin, I'm still waiting for your explanation about what you said earlier. You mentioned about me being...." Jessica was not able to complete her sentence when Yuri intercepted her.

"Shall we go to the car to keep these bags so that we can continue with the rides later?" Yuri suggested as Sooyoung and Taeyeon agreed.

As we made our way to the carpark, Yuri walked beside me and managed to nudge me at my stomach.

"If ever Jessica finds out about it, I'm going to kill you." She gritted her teeth as I grinned dorkily.

"Everyone, I need to go to the Ladies for a while. I'll see you all later. Bye." I quickly waved and ran off before anyone could stop me.

'To avoid Jessica questioning me further about that, it's better for me to stay away from her for the time-being.' I thought to myself as I tried to locate the nearest  toilet.

************************

"Why are we here?" Krystal looked at the Haunted house booth and shivered a little before she turned to look at her friends.

"We're going in obviously." Ailee answered with a smile but to Krystal, it sounded sarcastic as if Krystal had just asked a stupid question.

"I'm not going in. I don't like it." Krystal folded her arms and put on her cold expression.

"You don't like it?" Amber asked with a disappointed tone. "But it's going to be fun."

"I'm scared of ghosts but since Am is here, I know she's going to protect me, right Am?" Ailee clung her arms on Amber's arm as the girl nodded her head. "Both of us went in like this, clinging onto each other when we went to the Tokyo Disneyland Haunted house last year. It was so funny."

Both Ailee and Amber started laughing while Luna and Sulli smiled along. Only Krystal had the same cold expression as before. 

"Shall we go in as a group then? Won't it be less scary that way?" Luna suggested.

"But it'll be less exciting. How about this? Let's play scissors-paper-stone. The ones who throw similar gestures will go in together." Amber grinned excitedly.

Seeing how happy Amber was, Krystal didn't have the heart to dampen her mood but she regretted it soon when she was the only one who had thrown a stone while Amber and Ailee had scissors with Luna and Sulli throwing in paper.

"Does this mean Krystal will have to go in by herself?" Sulli asked as she looked Krystal who was biting her lips.

"Yes or she can just meet us at the exit if she's too scared to go in by herself." Ailee answered quickly.

"I'll go in by myself." Krystal answered with a glare, feeling competitive with what Ailee had just said.

Amber and Ailee then volunteered to go in first after they bought their tickets while the rest waited for a while near the entrance.

"Are you going to be okay by yourself, Krystal?" Sulli asked, concerned about her friend.

"You can just go in together with us. It doesn't really matter actually."

Luna tried to suggest but Krystal shook her head, saying that she'll be fine. Once again, she regretted her decision after she was left alone at the entrance, the moment her friends went in.

She could hear the screams from inside as she clasped her hands and closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down but when she was gestured in and the entrance door was closed behind her, she could feel her tears threatening to flow out.