Chapter 100O

Hard But Easy

(Flashbacks 3 months ago)

"I can't believe we finally have a place of our own." Luna excitedly moved around the apartment before pouting. "Even though it's quiet small."

"There's only two of us. It's more than enough space. Furthermore, this place is within walking distance to our shop so we don't have to spend money on transportation." Krystal grinned at her own remarks.

The girls started busying themselves around the room, arranging their own stuff to make it more homely and were too caught up with it until the doorbell rang. The sound of it made both girls looked at each other in confusion.

"Were you expecting anyone?" Both of them asked the same question and even shook their heads instantaneously. Looking out of the window, they had just realised that the sun was almost setting and they started to be nervous of the unknown person outside, who kept ringing the bell continuously.

Krystal was about to grab a saucepan to defend herself when she heard a familiar voice outside

"Yah, Jung Soojung.. Palli!! Open the door."

Eunjin's POV

I leaned against the wall after calling out for Krystal as I heard scrambling noises behind the closed door. Soon enough, the door open and a grinning Krystal appeared in front of me.

"Eunjin!!" It was obvious that she was excited to see me and was about to open her arms for a hug when she saw the things on both my hands. "Omo.. Why are you carrying so many stuff?"

She quickly grabbed the plastic bags of tissue rolls from my right hand before entwining her fingers with mine. I was taken aback when she stole a quick peck on my lips before dragging me into the house.

"Annyeong, Luna." 

I smiled at the girl who awkwardly nodded her head and replied to my greeting. Ever since that incident in front of the restaurant, Luna has been awkward around me even after I told her that everything was fine between me and Krystal.

"How's the unpacking so far? Need any help?" I asked as I looked around the apartment. "Wait. Don't you think this place is a bit small?"

"It's enough for both of us." Krystal replied as she placed the tissue rolls near the kitchen area. "What else did you bring? Omo... Chicken. Pizza. Jajangmyeon."

Her eyes widened when she saw me removing the food from the individual plastic bags and arranging it on the table. 

"I didn't really know what to get so I bought a bit of everything. I also ordered some foodstuff, drinks and snacks which will be delivered here tomorrow." 

I was caught in surprised again when I felt Krystal hugged me from the back and whispered her thanks. The 3 of us sat around the table as I continued to look around the apartment. 

"Isn't this place almost the same size as the one which I used to stay in?" I looked at Krystal who replied by showing me the small gap between her thumb and 2nd finger and mouthing that it was slightly bigger. "Are you okay with this, Luna?"

Luna was obviously shocked since she didn't expect me to shoot her a question. She blinked her eyes a few times, stealing glances at Krystal before nodding her head slowly. "We need to work within our budget so that we can spend our resources into the shop."

"Arraseo." I nodded my head and was about to grab a piece of chicken when I noticed Luna still staring at me. "Wae?"

"I.. I'm just... It's nothing." Luna shook her head before looking down at her food, avoiding eye contact.

I turned to look at  Krystal who just shrugged her shoulders as we continued eating while talking. Mostly only between Krystal and I with Luna answering questions when we asked her some things.

Krystal volunteered to clear the food and washed the dishes after we were done with dinner as she told Luna to continue unpacking their things. Krystal gave me a knowing look and I smiled back to show her that I understood her gesture. Initially, both of us busied ourselves with arranging the things in the living room but 10mins later, Luna said that she will unpack her luggage in the bedroom. I waited until she went inside before turning to look at Krystal who was mouthing the word 'go'.

"Hey... Can we talk for a while?" I leaned against the door frame of the bedroom as Luna looked up nervously at me before nodding her head. "I just wanted to clear the air between us. It's obvious that things are awkward at the moment and I don't think it's good since you are Krystal's best friend. Which means that we are going to see each other for a long time."

"Are you sure?"

I was taken aback with her question as it was something that I totally wasn't expecting. I pointed at the space beside her, indirectly asking if I could sit down at the edge of the bed which she nodded.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked sincerely as I really didn't know. 

"You said that we are going to see each other for a long time which indirectly means that you foresee a longer relationship with Krystal." Luna explained slowly as I nodded my head with assurance. "But why does it seem like both of you are still stuck at this stage? Is it because of me? Because I made Krystal has doubts over you."

I noticed Luna shifting slightly away from me as I quickly stretched my arms over her shoulders. Giving it a slight squeeze, I looked at her and smiled.

"Luna... If I were to be really honest with you, you were really the cause of how everything is currently it is now." I stopped purposelly just to observe Luna's depressed expression. "But... thank you."

"Thank you?" Luna's tone of voice was higher than normal. Most probably because she was shocked.

"Yes. If you had not dragged Krystal that day, we would not have sorted out our relationship properly, I would not have address the insecurities that Krystal was having and we would not have talked about our relationship as honestly and openly as we should have."

As Luna turns to face me while giving me her full attention, I told her briefly about what Krystal and I did after the incident. About the long talk that we had throughout the night with regards to our relationship. About how we talked about what we both wanted to do as individuals and about how we have not been totally honest with each other. The most important one was about how we came to the conclusion of living separately from then on.

"Both of us were too cautious with each other as we always put each other first. Which is not a bad thing but if it were to cause pain to oneself than it is no longer love. It'll just be sacrificing. Love is a two-way thing. Give and take. Forgive and.."

"forget?"

Krystal intercepted as she stood at the door with a mischievous smile.

"Anni.. I'm not going to forget how both of you jumped at the innocent me and broke my heart." I pretended to cry as I felt something wet smacked me at the face. I took the wet dishcloth off my face and gritted my teeth. "Jung Soojung!!"

Krystal squealed as she saw me jumping to my feet as I ran out after her while Luna just laughed out loud.

"You do know that this apartment is not that big, right? And is that dishcloth even clean?" I asked as I had Krystal trapped between me and the kitchen sink. She continued giggling while tapping my shoulders lightly. Looking at her this way, it made me smile as I just stared at her.

"Wae?" Krystal stopped giggling when she noticed that I was staring at her. "What's with that smiley look?"

"I missed you." I said and leaned in to give her a peck on the lips. I was about to move away when Krystal locked her hands behind my neck and deepened the kiss.

We abruptly stopped when we heard a gasping sound from behind as we knew that Luna had just walked in on us. I moved away to stand beside Krystal as Luna walked to the living room while avoiding eye contact.

"We should have rented a bigger apartment." Luna grumbled before shooting a teasing look at us.

Krystal's POV

I didn't want to let go of her hand as Eunjin leaned against her car. After being caught kissing by Luna, both of us quickly resumed our unpacking. I was glad that Eunjin came over to help as it made it a lot easier and faster. We didn't realised that it was almost midnight when we were done and I quickly suggested for Eunjin to return home.

"I'm sorry that it ended up this late. But thank you for coming over." I looked straight into Eunjin's eyes and I knew she was tired. She did mentioned that she had came from the workshop earlier. "If only you could stay the night. But the couch will only be delivered tomorrow and I don't want you to sleep on the floor."

Eunjin burst into laughter as I looked at her with a puzzled expression. 

"If I have to sleep on the floor, you will be joining me there too." She replied while I rolled my eyes at her. "Anyway, when will you be free? I know you said that you'll be busy soon but can't you squeeze a little slot for your pitiful fiancee to have lunch or dinner together?"

"Of course, I can. You are the one who is busier than me with your plans to open the third workshop." I paused to frown at her, worried that she might be working too hard lately. "Are you sure it's the right time? I mean you just took over Sunny's workshop like 3 months ago."

"It's still in the planning process. With Sunny handling the 2nd workshop, everything is running smoothly. Surprisingly, the number of clients are actually increasing. Maybe because that workshop already has their own clients from during Uncle Lee's time and Sunny is doing a great job taking care of it. Taeyeon is also running the 1st workshop well after I put her in charge of it. She seems to be enjoying the authority of ordering Jingoo and Bogum around." Eunjin chuckled at her own words. "But the boys doesn't seem to mind and they actually enjoyed her presence especially when they are gaming with each other."

"You are the one I'm worried about since you have to cover both places and helping out whenever needed." I pouted as Eunjn let go of my hand and circled her hands around my waist. "And soon, you will have another workshop to look after. Will you be taking care of the upcoming 3rd workshop so that you won't have to move around so much anymore?"

Eunjin shook her head and smiled without answering my question. She leaned in to give me a quick peck on the lips before repeating it for another 2 times.

"You worry too much. Want to spend the night at my place?" Eunjin asked.

I paused for a while to think but shook my head as I explained to Eunjin that I didn't want to leave Luna alone in the new apartment on the first day. "I'll come over tomorrow night since Luna plan to go home to her parents place to spend the night there while grabbing more of her stuff. Will that be okay?" 

"Of course, Sweetheart. I love you."

Eunjin leaned in closer and this time round, it was a deep kiss. A kiss that reflected how much we had missed one another without having to say it out loud.

"I love you too." I managed to reply back to her after our lips parted as I smiled back to the person in front of me who had my most favorite smile plastered on her face.