Chapter 62

Hard But Easy

"Any news from Eunjin?"

Taeyeon looked at Yuri who shook her head. Her wedding would be taking place in 2 hours time but Eunjin was yet to be found anywhere.

"I couldn't get through her phone. I checked with Uncle Park and he said that Eunjin had left for the airport as scheduled." Yuri said and was about to call Eunjin again when the door opened and Sooyoung walked in while waving her handphone to them.

"I just saw a latest update on the airline website. It seemed like there's a strike from the Pilot Union of that airline so some flights had to be cancelled. This is the airline that Eunjin is taking, right?" Sooyoung asked as Taeyeon and Yuri nodded their heads.

"Initially, she was supposed to take another airline but then you and Tiffany changed the wedding plans and brought it forward. Eunjin's secretary had forgotten to amend her flying schedules so she had no choice but to take another airline. Who would expect that that airline would be having this problem." Yuri explained further as Taeyeon let out a sigh.

There was a knock on the door as the 3 of them turned to the same direction. Sunny appeared soon before making her way into the room.

"Still no news from Eunjin?" She asked as the 3 girls shook their heads. "Tiffany and the other girls are all ready. They are just waiting for your decision to make a move to the event hall."

Taeyeon looked at her watch and bit her lips. It'll take them about 30mins to drive to the event hall, down the street. A good friend of Tiffany, who's a commissioner of civil marriages, would be the one performing the whole ceremony for them. Most of their close friends and family members were already gathered there except for the girls.  

Sunny, who was looking through the news on Sooyoung's phone, commented that maybe Eunjin was stuck at the airport but then again she couldn't figure out why Eunjin was not answering their calls.

"Let's just go and meet up with the girls first and informed that about this." Taeyeon suggested as they nodded their heads.

In another room, 7 girls were busy chatting and giggling while praising each other on how pretty they all were. Tiffany had a wide smile on her face, seated at the edge of the bed in her off-white gown. Laces in pink decorated the gown which was designed by Jessica herself. All of them were in Tiffany's parents house. Sunny, Jessica and the Kwon siblings had arrived two days ago and settled themselves at the house. Krystal, Sulli and Luna arrived yesterday after they were done with their first week orientation in school.

At the moment, the girls were not aware of Eunjin's absence as Taeyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung and Sunny had moved to a nearby hotel last night to have a private party among themselves. Taeyeon said that it was only for the 'men' of the relationship and Eunjin was supposed to fly in and join them last night. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, she couldn't make it in time. The 4 of them had wanted to inform the rest of the girls but when they arrived at Tiffany's place this morning, all the girls were busy getting ready and they were ushered into the guest room to get themselves ready.

After knocking on the door, Yuri heard Jessica's voice asking them to enter. The moment Taeyeon saw how beautiful Tiffany was, a wide smile appeared on her face.

"You look like an angel, Fany-ah." Taeyeon said sincerely, causing Tiffany to blush. "Thank you so much for designing the gown, Sica."

"You look good in that suit too." Jessica praised Taeyeon as she showed a thumbs up. "But not as good-looking as my Seobang."

Jessica's remarks caused everyone to laugh as Taeyeon pouted while Tiffany spread out her arms to gave her a hug. Taeyeon was wearing an all white suit with a light blue slim tie. Krystal, Jessica and Yoona, who were Tiffany's bridesmaid, were wearing dresses in light pink while Yuri and Sooyoung were wearing light blue suits.

"Eunjin's not here yet?" Krystal's question caught everyone's attention as they turned to look at her. "She should have been here an hour ago."

 "You knew about her delay?" Yuri asked, a little suprised since only herself, Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Sunny were aware of it.

Nodding her head, Krystal informed that Eunjin had messaged her to inform about her flight delay. Sooyoung then took out her phone and showed the news about the strike by the airline's pilot union.

"Oh my god. Does that mean Eunjin won't make it for the wedding? Where is she at the moment? Still stuck at Seoul Airport or did she change flight to another airline?" Tiffany was bombarding them with questions as Taeyeon replied that none of them were able to contact Eunjin since last night.

"Krystal, when was the last time you received a message from Eunjin?" Sunny asked, to which Krystal replied that it was during the time after Eunjin had just cleared the immigration checks in Seoul. 

"She did informed me that her phone battery was running low at the moment. But she should have no problem charging it at the airport. I was too excited getting ready and helping my unnies that I totally had forgotten to check on Eunjin." Krystal explained with a guilty look.

"So do we wait for her here or should we just proceed to the event hall?" Yoona asked asTaeyeon looked at Tiffany.

"I'm fine with whatever your decision is." Tiffany said as she placed her hand on Taeyeon's arm.

Taeyeon frowned for a while before she decided that all of them should just proceed to the event hall. They're left with an hour before the wedding ceremony begun and Taeyeon didn't want to hold up anybody from waiting any further. Furthermore, they needed to at least greet the guests who were already there.

Yuri was behind the wheels for the wedding couple with Jessica hitching on the same ride. Krystal was in another car with Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun while Sunny drove the 3rd car with Sulli and Luna. They left the house for the event hall and arrived about 20mins before it started.

************************

"My staff just messaged me that they had found your phone at the lounge earlier. Once you returned to Seoul, just informed me and I'll have it delivered to your office."

"Thank you so much, Jihyun. For going out of your way to help me out. I really appreciate it." I smiled and bowed my head a few times to the lady beside me.

"You're lucky that I'm actually flying out too. Why didn't you just fly on our airline? I thought we've already had an agreement for you to use our airline everytime you flew out."

"That is if I'm on a business trip but this is not on business. I'm attending a friend's wedding so I don't think I should misuse the privilege given to me by your company." I explained as she just giggled.

Who would have guessed that at the last minute, I would be stuck at the airport due to a strike by the pilot union of the airline which I was supposed to fly on. With my phone battery running low, I was already feeling a little stressed out since I had already missed out on the party that Taeyeon had held for us. When I was walking towards the transfer counter, I ran into Jihyun. She was the Director of K-line, an airline which my company had just recently signed an agreement for a joint partnership.

She was surprised to see me there and after she heard about what happened, she offered a ride in her private jet. Coincidentally, she was also flying out to LA for some business matters. Jihyun told me to charge my phone at the VIP lounge while she settled some documents. I was in a rush when she came to pick me up, that I had forgotten to remove my phone from the charging port. I only realised about it when we were already inside the jet and was about to fly off.

Once we arrived at LA airport, Jihyun offered me a ride to the place where the girls were gathered so I took a quick shower at the lounge and changed into the light blue suit. She also commented that I looked good in it as we made our way to the car that was waiting to fetch her.

"Your company is lucky to have such a good Director like you. From the way you handled our meetings and the few occasions that I've met you, I'm certain that you'll be able to lead your company well and also contribute more to our joint partnership. I'm glad that our companies decided to work together." Jihyun threw praises at me as I just smiled. "By the way, do you need to use my phone to contact any of your friends?"

"I think I should give my girlfriend a call. She should be with them at the moment. I've got a feeling that they might already left the house."

"Your girlfriend?" Jihyun looked at me as I nodded my head while she slowly handed me over her phone before smiling at me. "So lucky to be able to find someone who loves you."

Krystal's POV

I continued smiling as I watched Tiffany-unnie and Taeyeon-unnie being hugged and congratulated by their family members and close friends. It was really a small event. Maybe around 100 guests. We still had about 15mins before the event would begin. Jessica-unnie stood beside me and I could sense how happy she was for her best friend.

"I can't wait for your turn, Unnie." I whispered to her before giggling as Unnie just rolled her eyes at me. I was about to continue teasing her when Luna came up to me and handed me my phone.

"Your girlfriend is on the line." 

I took my phone, feeling a little confused for a minute. Since I was one of the bridesmaid, I had to ask Luna to hold on to my clutch bag. Staring at the unfamiliar number on my phone screen, Luna's words finally hit me.

"Eunjin?" I asked as I heard her voice. "Where are you? Who's number is this?"

"Sweetheart, I'll explain everything to you later. I just need to know whether all of you had left the house." She asked as I replied that all of us were already at the event hall. "Arraseo. I'll see you later. I'm on my way. Can you ask Taeyeon to wait for me? I should be able to make it in 30mins time."

She ended the call soon as I turned to look at Jessica-unnie, who was already aware of whom I was talking to.

"Eunjin's on the way?" Unnie asked as I nodded my head and told her that she should be here in 30mins time. "We should inform Tiffany and Taeyeon about it."

Eunjin's POV

After ending the call with Krystal, I handed over the phone back to Jihyun. We were already on our way to Tiffany's parents house but since everyone was already at the event hall, I informed the driver about the change in destination. Luckily, the event hall was just down the street from Tiffany's place. 

"Actually, I've been wanting to ask you from earlier. Are you like the best man or something? Because from the way you are dressed up, it's really too formal to be wearing this to a wedding." Jihyun asked as I chuckled.

"I'm one of the best man. My girlfriend is one of the bridesmaid. Her sister and my good friend are also the bridesmaid and the best man." I explained as Jihyun nodded her head. "I think you should know them too since they are working at Hanjin. Yuri from Technical Support team and Taeyeon from the Design team."

"Let me guess. Taeyeon is the one getting married and Yuri is your good friend." Jihyun gave me a confident look as I told her that I was impressed with her guessing abilities. "Actually, I've noticed the ring on Taeyeon before and furthermore, I heard she was already engaged."

We continued chatting about random topics until I didn't even realised that we had reached the event hall. The driver stopped the car by the roadside before I went out from the car.

"Jihyun, do you have any plans for today?" I asked as the girl shook her head. "Don't leave yet. Just wait for me for a minute."

From a distance, I saw the familiar faces as some of the girls had noticed my arrival. I walked up to them in a hurry and smiled before making my way to Krystal, who was talking to her sister and Yuri.

"Hi, sweetheart." I smiled as I saw the surprise look on Krystal's face before she broke into a wide smile. She gave me a hug as I kissed her head before we broke apart. "Where's Taeyeon and Tiffany?"

Krystal pointed them out to me as I excused myself and made my way to the couple. I wanted to seek their permission to invite Jihyun to the wedding since she had taken so much effort to help me out. Taeyeon and Tiffany were more than happy to invite her so I ran back to the car and told Jihyun about it. Initially, she was reluctant to join since she felt that she's not part of our circle of friends. But I told her that it was a form of gratitude on my part for the trouble that I had put her through just to help me. She finally agreed after about 5 minutes of persuasion.

*************************

Krystal's POV

"What's wrong with your girlfriend? She seemed more rushed than the ones getting married."

I shrugged my shoulders at Unnie's question as I just observed Eunjin walking up to Tiffany-unnie and Taeyeon-unnie. I watched her animated actions while she conversed with them before Tiffany-unnie and Taeyeon-unnie nodded their heads and smiled at Eunjin. I saw her moving away and thought that she would walk back towards me but to my surprise, she ran towards a car that was parked by the roadside.

"That's the car that she arrived in earlier, right? Is she taking her luggage out? Maybe I should go and help her out." I heard Yuri-unnie mumbling beside me and she was about to make a move when she stopped in her tracks. A lady went out of the car as I saw Eunjin standing aside to make way for her. "Ms Kang? Why is she here?"

I turned to look at Yuri-unnie who was staring at the lady beside Eunjin as both of them made their way towards us.

"Who's Ms Kang?" I asked as Yuri-unnie turned to face me.

"She's the Director of K-line."

That was all Yuri-unnie could manage to explain to me as Eunjin arrived and started to introduce the lady to us. I didn't have the opportunity to ask Eunjin anymore questions since Taeyeon-unnie informed us that the ceremony would begin soon. Not wanting to delay it any further, I just followed Jessica-unnie as we gathered around.

Yuri's POV

"Who's Ms Kang?"

I heard Krystal's question as I turned to my side to answer her.

"She's the Director of K-line." I replied and noticed the confused look in Krystal's eyes. I wanted to explain further but I noticed that Eunjin and Ms Kang were already coming nearer to us.

Shaking my hand with the lady in front of me, I was suprised that she remembered me when we had only met once during a meeting back in Hanjin. Taeyeon and Tiffany walked up to us and Ms Kang congratulated them before Taeyeon informed that the ceremony would have to begin soon since it's already been delayed for almost 20mins. We quickly took our position before Tiffany's friend began his speech.

"How come she's here?" I whispered to Eunjin, who was standing close beside me. Eunjin turned her head slightly with a confused look, mouthing the word 'who' before turning back to face the front. "Ms Kang."

Eunjin nodded her head before turning slightly to face me again. "She's the one who helped me to be here. I'll explain everything once the ceremony is over."

"You better make sure to explain it as soon as possible. Just in case you haven't notice it, both your girlfriend and my girlfriend have been eyeing you since you arrived." I whispered back to her as Eunjin slowly shifted her head towards the direction of the Jungs sisters.

Jessica's POV

"She's the Director of K-line." I heard Yuri's answer to Soojung's question.

'K-line? Isn't that the new airline company that had recently signed a partnership with Hanjin, which will incorporate the use of land and sea transportation for their export and import dealings?' I tried to remember the recent news that I had read on the internet. I was about to ask Yuri something when Eunjin and that girl walked up to us.

"This is Kang Jihyun, Director of K-line." Eunjin gestured to Yuri who received her handshake. "I think you've met Yuri before at our meeting and this is her girlfriend, Jessica Jung."

It was my turn to reciprocate the outstretched hand from the girl, who smiled and said that it was her pleasure to meet me. 

"This beautiful lady, is Jessica's one and only younger sister. Krystal." Eunjin turned the attention away from me as I saw Krystal shaking hands with the girl. "She's also my girlfriend, whom I had mentioned earlier."

'So it seemed like she had already mentioned about Soojung to Jihyun. That's good. At least, she declared that she's already taken.' I thought to myself as I heard Taeyeon's voice.

"I think we should proceed with the wedding now. Everyone has been waiting for some time and I don't think we should delay it any further."

************************

"I do."

The moment Tiffany said those two words, a big smile appeared on Taeyeon's face as she leaned forward to capture her wife's lips to share a passionate kiss. All of us cheered loudly for the lovely couple as they walked down the red carpet, waving their hands and bowing their head slightly towards the guests.

Once they were outside of the hall, all of us gathered around and teased each other by playfully pushing and nudging one another. It was the time for Tiffany to throw the bouquet and everyone pretended to be competitive. In the end, Yuri was the one who managed to get it as she jumped high to catch it.

"Yes, yes," Yuri shouted with pride as she waved the bouquet at Jessica. "Next one is us."

While the rest of us laughed at Yuri's cute actions, Jessica could only roll her eyes with a smile on her face at her girlfriend.

20mins later, we were gathered at the side of the hall where a big tentage had been set up with a pink and blue theme. A feast had been prepared for all the guests and everyone was ushered to their tables. Taeyeon and Tiffany sat at the table on the centre stage with Yuri and Jessica joining them. Tiffany's family and Taeyeon's family shared  a table while I was seated at a table, along with the rest of the girls. Both of our tables were the nearest to the centre stage. Jihyun sat at our table too, in between Sunny and Seohyun.

Food was served, course by course, as everyone chatted among themselves. There was a live band playing at a corner and it was really a joyous afternoon.

"How was your flight? I heard there was a strike by the Pilot Union and everyone was worried that you were affected by it." Krystal, who was seated beside me, asked as I smiled at her.

"I took a private jet that belonged to Jihyun. Lucky for me to have met her at the airport. If not, I don't think I would be able to make it to the wedding." I explained as Krystal enquired about my phone. "I accidentally left it at the VIP lounge while charging. I was a bit flustered at that time because all I was thinking was getting here in time for the wedding."

"I didn't know that you were close to her." Krystal asked as she tilted her chin towards Jihyun's direction.

"Initially, we usually met during meetings so both of us were very formal towards each other. So we weren't that close actually. But after spending time talking to her in a more casual environment, I realised that both of us have a few things in common." I replied as Krystal just nodded her head before looking down on her food. 

I noticed a slight change in Krystal's expression and was about to ask her when Sooyoung nudged me. Turning to my left to face her, Sooyoung pointed to the centre stage. It seemed that Tiffany was calling out to me so I excused myself from the table and made my way towards her.

Tiffany stood up and waited for me at the corner of the stage.

"Do you need anything?" I asked as Tiffany nodded her head before asking me to bend down a little so that she could whisper something to me.

"I want to perform something special for Taeyeon. But I'm quite nervous at the moment. Is there anyway you can help me out?"

Straightening my back and smiling at her, I nodded my head and tell to her wait for a while.

"I'll check with the live band first. Anyway, what song do you want to perform later?"

Taeyeon's POV

"Hey, Yul. By any chance, do you know if Ppany's up to something?" I nudged Yuri who was seated beside me before pointing towards Tiffany and Eunjin at the corner of the stage.

"Anni. Not that I know of. Eunjin didn't mention anything to me though."

I pouted and let out a sigh as my eyes never left the two of them. I saw Eunjin smiling and nodding her head before Tiffany walked back to her seat and sat down.

"What did you talk to Eunjin about?"

I didn't waste time in asking her as Tiffany just smiled at me, telling me that it's a secret. Once again my pout appeared but Tiffany only giggled at my reaction.

"Ladies and gentlemen, can I have your attention for a minute?"

My head automatically turned towards the direction of the familiar voice and saw Eunjin standing where the live band was. 

"My name is Eunjin and I'm here to make a short announcement. The bride has requested to perform a song for the groom but she's feeling a little nervous at the moment. How about all of us give her some encouragement by giving her a loud applause and welcome her onto the stage?"

Everyone automatically cheered and clapped hard as I saw Eunjin gesturing to Tiffany to step forward. I was taken aback since I didn't expect it at all. As Tiffany stepped onto the stage, I could see that she was still  nervous but Eunjin showed her a thumbs up and took a guitar from one of the live band members.

"Thank you for everyone's encouragement and thank you to Eunjin for agreeing to be on stage with me since I'm still a little nervous at the moment." Tiffany paused as she swallowed her saliva before she turned towards my direction and smiled. "To my one and only love, Kim Taeyeon, I want to tell you that I'm really grateful for your presence in my life. You've showed your tremendous love for me through so many ways. I pray that our love will continue to grow stronger with each passing day and we will continue to be there for each other as we grow older. Once again, I love you with all my heart. Kim Taeyeon, you are my once in a lifetime."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Everyone.... Wishing all my readers a Belated Merry Christmas and an advanced Happy New Year. For those who didn't have a great 2016, I hope that 2017 will be a better year for you and for those who had enjoyed their 2016, may 2017 continue to be a great year for you. No matter what happen, stay healthy and happy. Life goes on, so treasure every minute of it. Love you guys. Take care.